Publishing while Stats are down

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

As we all know there are some Technical issues with Stats - which Hubpages are currently working on.

Meanwhile, do you think its a good idea to keep on publishing New Hubs or would you wait until the problem is resolved?

Cheers.

1. mayhmong profile image75
      mayhmongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought something odd was going on?!

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hmm i hadn't thought of that. i've just been hubbing away like an idiot smile

1. Benjimester profile image89
        Benjimesterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same here sad

2. Williamjordan profile image58
    Williamjordanposted 14 years ago

I was wondering whats was going on glad I drop in thanks

3. bgpappa profile image77
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

I know Hubpages is working on the problem, but it appears to be pretty big.

I am personally waiting until all these issues are resolved.  Better safe than sorry.

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree...I am waiting until the issues are resolved

4. Song-Bird profile image68
    Song-Birdposted 14 years ago

I've been waiting..

5. Paul Marshall profile image58
    Paul Marshallposted 14 years ago

I waited for what seemed like forever. Then posted new hub anyway.
    Interesting was that the Hub score for new hub rose a little, then fell a little, & now rising again.
    All of this happen with no apparent views.
    Most interesting of all was that this hub has also recieved a comment from outside of hubpages, so somebody found it & comment, even though no views are recorded.
    I will continue to post new hubs, and use the theory that the stats will eventually catch up.

6. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I'm still waiting but it's getting annoying I actually have hubs I want to write and post but not when the issues are still going on. sad UGH!

7. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Personally I've been publishing anyway, the stats are nice to see but make no real difference.  Getting them into Google etc. is what matters (or at least to me) and if you publish now, by the time they get the stats working again there will actually be some stats to see, rather than waiting and then having to wait some more to get indexed.

1. loveofnight profile image74
      loveofnightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i've been doing the same thing,i wanted to make sure that it got into goggle so that it would at least be out there to be seen. which is impossible to do if they aren't posted.

8. johnr54 profile image49
    johnr54posted 14 years ago

I don't understand why you wouldn't publish now.  If you have Google Analytics installed you can see that you are still getting plenty of page views, same if you look at your Adsense stats.

Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this info. I have applied for Google Analytics.
      Didn't know it was such an easy process.

Cheers.

2. Andrew0208 profile image58
      Andrew0208posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Google Analytics has present records of visits and page views. I'm having visits, comments and today's Adsense earnings increasing but our HP stats is not presently showing the same. It's not Google slap as some reported. I believe HP team will soon have it resolved. Anyone should go ahead with publishing new hubs.

9. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Paul said it was ok to keep publishing even while the problems were going on. Everything will catch up just may take a few days.

10. Paradise7 profile image69
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

I'm with the just keep going school of thought.  The stats will catch up, and as far as Google AdSense and everything, I don't think it'll be negatively affected because Google, not Hub, keeps track of when an ad gets pinged; Google also independently compiles page impressions.  If you've ever noticed, they don't match up to Hub.

The other stuff is mostly commissions based on sales, so Hub can't mess with that, either.

They'll be ok, they'll sort it out.

11. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Wait away. As for me and my house we will continue.

12. blaise25 profile image74
    blaise25posted 14 years ago

I agree with Mrvoodoo. Everything will be smooth again soon, so why not publish...besides, Google Analytics works just fine and Adsense as well ;p

13. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

I am not waiting for publishing my new hubs because the stats are down because it does not make a difference to me. I have time to write something and then why I should not publish it. My google adsense and analytics stats are working well and show me the path I am going.

We must all cooperate with the hubpages staff as it is very big site and small issues like these can happen and it does not mean that we should lag behind.

So create a new hub for your success. Best of luck.

14. Cranoo profile image59
    Cranooposted 14 years ago

Has this been problem being going on long? And it is it expected t be fixed soon?

Is the hub I wrote an hour ago safe or in danger of a rollback or anything? sad

See Link Below.
      From comments received on this thread, I think its best to keep on Publishing Hubs and apply for Google Analytics if you haven't already.

I applied for it yesterday and should be able to start monitoring Stats with it. G/luck.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/22075

15. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

As has been noted several times, your stats are still there and counting, they are just not showing up on HubPages. Go to Google Analytics and you will see that.

16. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

I posted one of my hub the very day the bug started, and I have a measly 51 score on it, Lady E will my hubscore will increase if this fuss is already over...

I think you should be okay, General. See below Paul's latest report. smile

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
        GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  17. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

Thanks a lot for the latest information. I think now there should be no issues with hubbers on this.

18. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Thank you very much Lady E and all of you guys for posting smile

19. R P Chapman profile image60
    R P Chapmanposted 14 years ago

I joined hubpages the day before the stats collapsed so as internal stats go I've no idea what's going on. However Analytics is reporting encouraging numbers so I'm just writing anyway.

Perhaps it hurts less as I'm unfamiliar with how it's supposed to work but I don't get why anyone would stop publishing stuff. Everything else still works I think and hopefully google is still picking up new content! tongue

1. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You may be new, but very well said, RP!

20. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

Plenty of people are still publishing, especially as HubPages is about to hit 500,000 hubs, and the hub that is the actual half-millionth Hub is going to get special press from admin.

http://hubpages.com/stats/

21. HrtsMakeFamilies profile image61
    HrtsMakeFamiliesposted 14 years ago

I'm glad I came in here.  I had published a few today but I think I will hold off now.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)