jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How much time do you spend each day creating hubs on hubpages?

1. Stickypony profile image75
    Stickyponyposted 5 years ago

How much time do you spend each day creating hubs on hubpages?

2. Paul Maplesden profile image75
    Paul Maplesdenposted 5 years ago

I spend most of my day creating content, interacting or otherwise working on HubPages. (I have another busienss and do my HubPage work on the time when I am not doing that.)

My day generally breaks up as follows:

- 0.5 hours answering questions on HP
    - 0.5 hours hopping hubs, voting them up/down and leaving comments where I think it will benefit
    - 1 hour thinking of a hub idea and researching it (what other content is out there, what are some good internet links)
    - 3 hours on the writing itself, creating the content, building good capsules, ensuring it reads well
    - 1 hour creating addiitonal content (e.g. visual guides, graphics)
    - 1 hour on promotion (Tweeting, Google+, Facebook etc)

This helps me stay an active member of the community and also means I can learn from what others have written.

3. JimTxMiller profile image77
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

I don't really track my time. On a typical day I'm at the PC as early as 5:30a but no later than 7a. I'll be here until at least half past noon. Generally that's 7 days a week. I'd say 80%--90% of that time is spent on HP.

4. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 5 years ago

I write for HP  and other sites too, on one hub I spend an hour or more depending on the editing of my work and on the title.

5. dailytop10 profile image92
    dailytop10posted 5 years ago

I find it really hard to write a hub everyday due to my work-related responsibilities. But If I'm totally free like during Sundays or holidays, I spend about half of the day to write a hub.

6. pradiiphira profile image72
    pradiiphiraposted 5 years ago

about 2 hour, also it depends on my clinic work.
    mainly writing new hub, some time for answering question and forums.

7. CrescentSkies profile image88
    CrescentSkiesposted 5 years ago

I spend about 2 hours on hubs that are longer than most of the hubs here, I only have 11 because my hubs are incredibly detailed and usually cover most of what I can teach in that niche.

Instead I spend about 4 hours a day updating and editing and optimizing my hubs to try and drive traffic!

8. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

My situation is same with @dailytop
    Couldn't find time to write everyday. You need to stick to the laptop to do research and that takes time. Household chores, kids, work...almost took up 3/4 of my day! I would create hubs when I have time, public holidays!!

9. davidlivermore profile image99
    davidlivermoreposted 5 years ago

Well I don't hub daily.  When I do create a hub, it all depends on the subject material.  Some can only take an hour, some a few hours.

I think it all depends on experience level and how much you put into a hub.  A wall of text doesn't take that long.  But something with pictures, tables, and video can take a lot longer.

I am on Hubpages daily though.