jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

How much money can one make off HubPages within the first month of joining? LIKE

1. Hackslap profile image86
    Hackslapposted 4 years ago

How much money can one make off HubPages within the first month of joining? LIKE HONESTLY??

I'm a brand new hubber (Just joined around 10 days ago) and my earnings have hit around 43 CENTS (hah) .. But I read about hubbers earning as high as $4k!! .. and I know I can reach that level too..
    I'm more than willing to put in the work ..but how long or how many hubs would it take before you can realistically earn that kind of money every month?

2. profile image95
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years ago

Hi Hackslap,
                           Honestly, if you have made 43c in ten days after joining you are doing better than most (I didn't make any money at all for the first six months). For most people, they need to apply for Adsense first. I am not sure that there are people earning 4,000 a month in recent times, but anything is possible. You would need at least 100+ hubs to make any significant money.

1. Mark Johann profile image56
      Mark Johannposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree wtih you Robbie. Harry, you need Adsense and I think you have that one already. In HP anything is possible and the people here are very friendly and professional.

2. Hackslap profile image86
      Hackslapposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Okay cheers for answering .. Yes i have Adsense so i guess thats why i was able to make evn 43 cents in 10 days .. I did notice ppl here are very helpful and friendly -  always an added bonus!

3. Barbara Kay profile image90
    Barbara Kayposted 4 years ago

For everyone it is different. What you are earning now is about right for the first month. It depends on what you write about. You need to do some research before you write about topics. Do people search for your keywords? Is the competition too stiff? Can you write an article that beats any other written on the topic already? Do you have a unique view or facts about what you are writing about?

I don't think anyone is earning 4K here. Google has hit the site hard. This changes usually as Hubpages figures out what is going on that Google doesn't like.

If you are writing to earn a living, I suggest that write at a lot of different sites. Write at Hubpages, but write elsewhere also. Start some of your own sites too.

It takes lots of work and patience to see a good return.

4. somethgblue profile image85
    somethgblueposted 4 years ago

I've been writing on this site for almost two years, have published around 170 hubs gaining about 187,000 page views and have made about $600.00 dollars. The most I was earning was about $5.00 a day and getting 1,500 page views a day, then Google put the hammer down and now if I lucky I get about 200 page views a day.

In the past people were making some good money but that stopped soon after I joined two years ago, most good writers have gone elsewhere. I still write here because I don't care about the money.

5. profile image52
    MarioBalloposted 4 years ago

You can make some cash for writing on here? How do i start?

1. profile image95
      Robbie C Wilsonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

First get approved for Adsense. Next, write as many high quality, engaging hubs as you can. Promote them on Social Media (Google+, Facebook etc) and that should get you started.

6. Georgie Lowery profile image95
    Georgie Loweryposted 4 years ago

I made $0.02 my first day here. My first full month I made $5.10. On my best month, I made about $70 in ad revenue. I don't think that anybody makes $4K a month here anymore, if they did at all. Realistically, you won't even make your first $50 payout until your nine month anniversary.

7. writing4action profile image64
    writing4actionposted 3 years ago

They do have such earnings but only because they have the page views for it. Most of the times it's because Google ranks them really high. You can't do much about SEO on Hubpages, but you can write an inspiring article that everyone loves to read.