jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (19 posts)

I'm a Rookie

1. Lightning Rod profile image53
    Lightning Rodposted 9 years ago

Hello, I would like to welcome myself to HubPages

Question:  Does anyone make any money off of this?

<snip>

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes.

2. Whitney05 profile image63
      Whitney05posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm happy with my google earnings.

3. Kenny Wordsmith profile image84
      Kenny Wordsmithposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages. smile

(Better to look at earnings after a few months.)

4. College politico profile image60
      College politicoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Depends on what you mean by money... some people make thousands a month but thats probably less than 1% of hubbers then theres a bigger chuck who make somewhere in the hundreds a month and then theres the rest of us who make somewhere under a hundred a month.

If you're interested in my results you can look at my latest hub

Or if you want the best of the helpful hubs you can visit this thread: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/2578#post17375

5. Peter M. Lopez profile image92
      Peter M. Lopezposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Any money:  "yes".  I have come to believe, however, that unless you do it for the love, you won't.  But, if you love hubbing, then you will make a little, eventually.

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

Don't give up your day job. big_smile

3. Stacie Naczelnik profile image75
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years ago

Mark has it right.

But, yes, people do make money "off of this."  You will find a ton of discussion if you search the forums for making money on hubpages.  Good luck, and welcome!

4. Inspirepub profile image81
    Inspirepubposted 9 years ago

Depends what you mean by "money" - I made $2.92 from over 40 Hubs in my first month. And someone else, who has 600 Hubs now, well he makes 50 times what I make!

Maybe I should write an eBook on the topic, now that I am "successful" ... LOL

Jenny

P.S. But seriously, some people write on very high-traffic topics, and make a part-time wage at it. $1-$5 per thousand visitors is the official estimate. Get good at getting traffic from outside if you want to cover the cost of the snacks you eat while Hubbing ...

5. Fancy That profile image53
    Fancy Thatposted 9 years ago

Haha right.
    I think once you have 1-3 Hubs up then it all starts to make a little more sense.

6. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 9 years ago

I'm happy with Kenny's earnings.  He told me he'd share.

But don't tell him, he doesn't remember.  LOL

1. Kenny Wordsmith profile image84

Share as in reveal or share as in treat?

I will remember when it is substantial. 13.70 is what I shared with Charlotte, folks. big_smile

7. jmhelms profile image52
    jmhelmsposted 9 years ago

I'm so new that I just realized the red numbers on my picture mean something! I still don't really know what it means...I guess I'll work on figuring that out later. As for money I haven't considered trying to make any...I'm just happy to be here. :-) cheers.

8. Ben Evans profile image70
    Ben Evansposted 9 years ago

I tend to echo what many others have said.  Now I am new myself but I have written for several other sites.  I haven't made that much money on the other sites.  I do, however, enjoy sharing what I write with others. 

If you recieve a small  return for your enjoyment of writing, I think that is just icing on the cake.

Cheers,

Ben

9. Peter M. Lopez profile image92
    Peter M. Lopezposted 9 years ago

Hey, Kenny.  This is picture of my cat.  It might just be cuter than yours...

1. Kenny Wordsmith profile image84

I refuse to enter babies into any competition. All cats are created equally cute, Peter! That's a political, 'no comments!' big_smile

10. Peter M. Lopez profile image92
    Peter M. Lopezposted 9 years ago

Oh, your cat is cute of course...in fact, I think I remember commenting once upon a time that I missed it when you changed pictures, but, I'm somewhat partial to my "Alfie".

11. Kenny Wordsmith profile image84
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 9 years ago

Alfie, meet Poocha from India! smile

12. Originplus profile image58
    Originplusposted 9 years ago

i'm up to $3, and loving every cent of it LOL.

I think Hub is gear towards the writing aspect, earning $$$ is a distant second. But if you can earn lots of money here..more power to you.

working