Two months in a row

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

So I've been meaning to post that I did it again. with $1000+ in Adsense again for the month of December. Over $900 of that from HP the rest other blogs; the HP earnings still increased from November though.

I made over $750 in Amazon, I almost made $500 in ebay.

I know it's just caused by the holiday rush, but it still proves that with work and time, you can do it. It's not overnight profit by any means, but if it's something that you're really trying to do and want to make work, stick with it.

Most of my articles have been written because they're just stuff I wanted to write about to help others, but then you'll find a several that are product hubs specifically for cash revenue. Most of the product hubs are stabs in the dark, whereas a few I actually did a little research on.

For those of you who are trying to make money writing online. You can do it. It just takes work. If I put more work and research into my hubs, I could probably come up with a good number that were more revenue earning. I just don't have the time. With the right research and whatnot, it's highly possible to mack as much and more than I've made with fewer hubs. I'll admit it, but I don't have time to correct it.

Do what you can, and love it. If you don't love it, then don't do it- find another outlet.

1. Karina S. profile image61
      Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulation !

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Good job Whitney! You gonna share that money right? big_smile lol Just kidding

1. yoshi97 profile image55
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

She's kidding ... but I'm very accepting ...

Alms ... alms for the poor ... alms ...

Seriously, excellent work! smile

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

3. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Congrats Whitney! It's well-deserved. You're an inspiration to the rest of us!

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Wow, excellent job Whitney. If my math is any good I'm see a total of $2000+ for December. Fantastic work. Your work ethic is certainly to be admired.

5. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Thank you for posting this, Whitney. it's an inspiration to other Hubbers that the hard work CAN pay off! You deserve every penny!
    You, too, Nelle. You're raking in the earnings AND still find time to put rogue political forum posters in their place big_smile

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have to stay out of the political forums from now on. Don't exactly know how I ended up there last night. But that was a rarity. I've set up my home page so that I never see what's going on with Politics or Religion.

6. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

Thanks!!

Nelle, yes over $2,000 for the month. Too bad I have to wait to get the Amazon. I'll still get eBay and Adsense paid to my account this month, and whatever I made a month or so ago with Amazon. The December Amazon will be a nice pay when I do get it though.  What's sad is that the month of December earnings, was almost double my regular job's pay for the month. My regular job offers insurance, so that's really what's keeping me there. Otherwise, more time to focus on a few sites I've been trying to get up and running would be nice.

7. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Health insurance is priceless Whitney.

I expected November and December to be very good. But I am happily surprised at January as well. I think when you get over a certain number of hubs, it does start to pile up.

I'm actually trying some hubs your way. Just writing about things that interest me, without doing any keyword search. It's always good to try new things!

8. jfreemon profile image60
    jfreemonposted 14 years ago

I'm always inspired by these types of forum threads. Granted, I haven't entirely tried to make money on Hubpages yet and I've just been writing guides and tips for traffic generation on another website, but I'm contemplating trying it out at least once or twice.

I hate to ask the winning horses how fast they run on the track so to speak, but how many product hubs did it take the both of you before you got successful?

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  9. englightenedsoul profile image58
    englightenedsoulposted 14 years ago

Congratulations whitney...that is really remarkable and inspiring.

10. darkside profile image62
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Well done Whit!

11. Ms Chievous profile image65
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

Awesome and inspiring..well, better get back to hubbin! wink

12. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

Very nice job, Whitney! I will continue working at it. smile

13. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

This is absolute proof that with the right amount of effort, know how and heart people actually could make a living working on Hubpages.

You are absolutely right not to walk away from your health insurance though.

Congrats and i hope the hard work continues to pay off.

Cheers

Dale

14. cashmere profile image77
    cashmereposted 14 years ago

Congrats! that is inspirational. i think I need to think beyond the few cents i make each day. i must be doing something wrong.

15. yoshi97 profile image55
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

CW! Yoshi hugs CW and gives her an indian ropeburn ...

16. Money Glitch profile image64
    Money Glitchposted 14 years ago

Woo Hoo Congrats Whitney!  You're in the money, you're in the money...big_smile

17. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Inspirational!
    Congratulations Whitney! big_smile

18. brimancandy profile image79
    brimancandyposted 14 years ago

That's great. So, can you help a poor SOB out and send some of that my way? I'm currently at on 19 cents total earnings.

I'm worried that if I don't start earning some money, I'm going to lose my affiliates. Has that ever happened to anyone?

19. bigmikeh profile image69
    bigmikehposted 14 years ago

Congratulations - and you're a great example of how not to get keyword analysis paralysis. Sometimes we just need to write!

20. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Very nice work ladies. smile I hope it grows and grows like the proverbial beanstalk! smile

21. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Whitney, that is AWESOME!!

22. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Congratulations Whitney!
    I think it seems that the longer you are here, and the more hubs you have, the more hits you'll get. Well yeah that's obvious but I mean there are hubbers here with relatively few hubs who still get phenonemal traffic, but almost all have been here a couple of years - with the exception of Nelle of course, but Nelle's money comes from selling things rather than just adsense ads.

You guys keep posting what you are getting because it gives us beginners inspiration. I bet a lot of people give up when the traffic doesn't arrive. I'm 10 new hubs in on the 30 day challenge and if anything my traffic is falling which is depressing, but reading stories like this gives hope for the future.
    So thanks!

23. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Well done Whitney! Heres to many more smile

24. amy jane profile image71
    amy janeposted 14 years ago

Congrats Whitney! I'm so happy to hear of your success!  I know you have worked hard, consistently, for a long time now. You certainly deserve it.
    I'm sure your income will just keep growing at this point. Thanks for sharing and inspiring me. smile

25. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

Awesome, thanks for sharing! Very inspiring. smile

26. cindyvine profile image67
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

amazingly marvelloso awesome Whitney!  Way to go girl!  now if |I could get a fraction of that...

27. kephrira profile image60
    kephriraposted 14 years ago

well done to you! My HP earnings have hit a bit of a plateau recently, but then I haven't written many new hubs, and looking at how many you've written I think I know what I'll have to do if I want to break through to the next level.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)