Open Letter to "OMG Your Hubs Suck!" Hubber

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (27 posts)
  1. misterhollywood profile image92
    misterhollywoodposted 3 years ago

I am posting this to the forum because the coward who wrote to me from Hubpages used a remailing anonomyizer service so I can't write back.

Here's what I was sent:
    --
    "I'm a long time hubber on HP and I'm embarrassed to see your sh--t on Paired Life with my work. Stop writing those homo hubs.. A lot of Christians visit that site and don't need to see it. OMG your hubs suck!"

My response to you, assuming you are reading, is to show your face and not hide. Reveal yourself for the "Christian" that you are.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I always ignore anonymous letters because they always are written by low level, ignorant people who are not worthy of my attention or concern.

It can be upsetting to read trash like this, but it truly is not worth your time.

You know that you are a worthwhile human being, so why care what people like this think?

I get very tired of seeing this type of hatred, but I'm afraid it's here to stay.  Sorry you've had to deal with this.

2. Jean Bakula profile image96
      Jean Bakulaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It's a shame we live in times where such vile behavior is getting more and more common. But the person is a coward, and although I identify as a Pagan, I know the Bible, and this rude and mean spirited person isn't a very good Christian.

Don't let a person like that get you down. They were probably mad at someone else and took it out on you, or mad at the world. As your friend, I know what a kind heart you have and how much good you do in both your work and writing to help people who are afraid and hurting.That's what life is all about, and you understand that. Pity the ones who can't.

misterhollywoodposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Jean. I appreciate - truly.

3. liesl5858 profile image88
      liesl5858posted 3 years agoin reply to this

That is awful Mr. Hollywood. If I were you, I just ignore those mean people. I don't think they are Christians at all. Christians don't do things like that. They are just jealous of you.

1. Dunbar Green profile image88
        Dunbar Greenposted 3 years agoin reply to this

+1

4. lisavollrath profile image92
      lisavollrathposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Anyone who doesn't have the strength of their convictions to sign their name to them isn't worth worrying over. Don't waste time and energy on someone who has to hide behind an anonymous message.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 3 years ago

Eh, sounds personal. Think of pre-existing arguments which got insulting.

I think everyone should spend at least a month using Twitter - that way you can see what it is like being surrounded by casual hate. When you rejoin the useful side of the internet after Twittering, you realize what horrid persons anonymous reporters and moderators are.

I wish I could give everyone access to my 'message requests' on Facebook. I've no memory of why those many persons have a low opinion of me. Probably this is because they were too unimportant to me to make any impression.

I'm incapable of being impressed with critiques of Christians by non Christians. I'm not really capable of agreeing with all of any one Christian's personal interpretations of things either. Everyone leaves me shaking my head at some point.

Anyway, it's good to always quote that chapter where Jesus talks about homosexuality. Type anything you want when quoting that book, chapter, and the verses. No one can say your creative fiction is 'wrong.'

3. psycheskinner profile image85
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Report it to hubstaff

4. HoneyBB profile image93
    HoneyBBposted 3 years ago

Don't you feel God's presence when you give love and you receive love? That's what God is all about. He's not about spewing out hatred as the person who wrote you has done. I will pray for that person to release theirself from their hatred and let God in their heart and feel the love.

1. Marketing Merit profile image94
      Marketing Meritposted 3 years ago

Personally, I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of responding, even if you could Mister Hollywood.
      The fact that they need to hide their identity says it all. Ignoring trolls is the only way to go.
      I've always believed that success is the greatest form of revenge. So, I would be inclined to write even more articles and get them on Paired Life.

2. lobobrandon profile image89
      lobobrandonposted 3 years ago

Haters gonna hate is all I can add to this. Ignore and write more so that you take up more real estate on that website smile

3. janshares profile image96
      jansharesposted 3 years ago

That's awful, misterhollywood. I wish you continued success at HubPages.

4. Chriswillman90 profile image97
      Chriswillman90posted 3 years ago

I'm not surprised, Christians are some of the most vile, close-minded people out there. No wonder many of them are racist, misogynistic, and homophobic Trump supporters. They preach morality yet they support and do things that I'm sure God would not be happy about.

Definitely report them if you can, otherwise just ignore them.

1. Barbara Kay profile image81
        Barbara Kayposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Now wait a minute. Not all Christians are like that. Think about it. I'm a Christian and don't do any of those things. I especially don't support Trump. I'd never attack someone that way.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Is this statement of yours not hate speech?

Oh wait, I forgot, in the neoliberal world, it is encouraged to hate white people, Christians, and most especially, white Christians.

Hey, I'm a straight white male who is a bad Christian. And I'm southern. And definitely not a liberal.

Hate me, Pal. It's what I'm here for. One of my big regrets is having failed to vote for Trump. OH SNAP. I deserve more hate now.

1. Chriswillman90 profile image97
          Chriswillman90posted 3 years agoin reply to this

This was in defense of the poster, not an individual attack. It's not hate speech, just an opinion based on my own experiences. And yes if you're going to attack someone in a derogatory way, then they deserve the hate.

You don't have to agree with my beliefs, politics, or anything else, but attacking someone because of them should not be tolerated.

1. Barbara Kay profile image81
            Barbara Kayposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree that no one should attack someone because of their beliefs.

3. Jeremy Gill profile image95
        Jeremy Gillposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm a Christian, but I don't (and shouldn't) mind his hubs being featured. Sorry you had that experience, misterhollywood. In many of my countdowns, I get several derogatory complaints ("you're so stupid, how could you forget to include ___?"), but thankfully, we can ignore these and focus on the positive comments and healthy debates.

5. Kenna McHugh profile image90
      Kenna McHughposted 3 years ago

My husband and I owned a business that required people to call us back for more information. The ones that left derogatory remarks or called and complained without giving their name (3 total in 10 years) we ignored them. All the other calls were positive and happy customers. We focused on the positive ones because it's better and more productive.

misterhollywoodposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Good point.

6. Titia profile image94
      Titiaposted 3 years ago

Definitely report it to the Hub Staff. You might not know who wrote this awful stuff, but the HP team might know and should deal with this so called 'Christian' long time hubber who - in my eyes - is NOT a Christian at all.

'Ignore it' is such an easy but so wrong advise. This kind of hatred is not something that should be ignored but should be dealt with. This hubber should be banned, no matter the long time hubber he/she is.

1. Natalie Frank profile image95
        Natalie Frankposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Titia.  When hate is spewed on a site, ignoring it just reinforces the person and sends the message it is alright to say such things.  This is supposed to be a site that allows writers to write about whatever their passions are as well as to be able to present opinions, within the rules of the site. The person shouldn't be allowed to say mean or hurtful things and get away with it no matter how long they have been on this site.  I think, and I know other hubbers will agree with me, that one of the best features of HP is the supportive community that has been built here.  This kind of thing undermines that.  Let the HP staff know about it so they can take care of it.  If if it's anonymous I'm sure they would have a way of tracing the post to a particular person or account.

1. Titia profile image94
          Titiaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

+1

7. ReViewMeMedia profile image92
      ReViewMeMediaposted 3 years ago

Most Christians don't go around trolling people on the internet, this person probably said that to upset you, and how do they know lots of Christians visit that site?  Can they show data to prove Christians are the demographic for that site?  Probably not, they're probably just a troll trying to use Christianity as a shield to deflect it from them to have you get angry at the wrong group.

As a Christian myself I don't really write about the stuff that you're addressing, but as a Christian, I know that most Christians aren't trolls on this internet. This is someone trying to ruin your day by trolling you and deflecting it onto another group.

8. Dolores Monet profile image97
      Dolores Monetposted 3 years ago

Just because someone claims to be a Christian or whatever they claim to be does not mean that they are one. Anyone can make false claims online. Some people entertain themselves by being nasty to others. For some reason, they think this is fun. Don't allow a troll to make you feel bad, get angry, or care. That is what they want. They thrive on causing discomfort. If you want to feel anything about this person, feel sorry for them. They are sad people. Ignore them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)