Information on Genna East

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (35 posts)
  1. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 3 years ago

For those of you who know Genna East, I just received an email from Mike Friedman advising the following:
    “I just heard from Genna East. I ask that you be my megaphone.
    She was in a terrible traffic accident at the beginning of December. She has been off work since then. Her car is totalled. She has some loss of hearing and a subdural haematoma. She is waiting on referrals to see a neurologist.
    She was to totally stay away from the computer and cannot read because of the strain.
    She misses all of you. She sounded good, alert, and full of energy.”

Please join me to wish Genna a speedy and full recovery.

1. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Prayers are said and hoping for speedy and full recovery.

2. bravewarrior profile image86
      bravewarriorposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the update, John. My prayers and positive energy are flying in Genna's direction.

Please let her know I wish her positive recovery and to take her time; let her body and mind rule.

3. Vellur profile image95
      Vellurposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Get well soon Genna, sending you lots of prayers for a speedy recovery.

4. chef-de-jour profile image96
      chef-de-jourposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks John. Genna has been around for years. All strength to her, let's hope she can heal and get back to writing and reading once more.

5. ChitrangadaSharan profile image92
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

My thoughts and prayers are with Genna. Wish her a speedy recovery. Thank you for sharing this with us, John.

6. Cattaleya profile image83
      Cattaleyaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

So sad to hear. Wishing Genna a fast and sound recovery.

2. Lora Hollings profile image82
    Lora Hollingsposted 3 years ago

Dear Genna,
    Wishing you a speedy and full recovery from your accident. Please take care of yourself and get plenty of rest. Saying prayers for you.

3. manatita44 profile image72
    manatita44posted 3 years ago

She's a bright sunshine. May God grant her extra gifts to fight this battle. - Manatita

4. Paddygsound profile image93
    Paddygsoundposted 3 years ago

My thoughts are with her as she recovers from this unfortunate event.
    I may not know her but I hope she finds strength in the well wishes being sent her way.

5. AliciaC profile image92
    AliciaCposted 3 years ago

My thoughts are with Genna. I hope she recovers well and quickly. Thank you for sharing the news, John.

6. Kenna McHugh profile image91
    Kenna McHughposted 3 years ago

Get better soon Genna!! Thank you, John.

7. emge profile image79
    emgeposted 3 years ago

I also hope and pray that Genna East recovers.  May the Lord Krishna help her in this dire crisis.

8. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 3 years ago

Thank you all. I will pass your well-wishes on through Mike. I probably should have posted this in the community forum but wasn’t sure.

9. bhattuc profile image83
    bhattucposted 3 years ago

This is a sad incident. I wish her early recovery.

10. Nisa Bardien profile image66
    Nisa Bardienposted 3 years ago

I don't know who she is but my prayers go out to her. I hope she has a full recovery soon. Love and blessings.

11. Osman Ghazi profile image54
    Osman Ghaziposted 3 years ago

Hoping for her speedy recovery.

12. Peggy W profile image95
    Peggy Wposted 3 years ago

Dear Genna,

So very sorry to hear about your accident.  I'll say prayers for your recovery and return to good health. 

Thanks for passing this message on to us, John.

13. Brenda Arledge profile image81
    Brenda Arledgeposted 3 years ago

Sending you hugs of comfort.
    Take time to heal and know we will be thinking of you.
    Wishing you the best.

14. abwilliams profile image69
    abwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Prayers for a complete and total healing and for comfort and peace of mind! Hugs!

15. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 3 years ago

How awful! Sending my thoughts and hugs to Genna and hope for a speedy recovery.

16. PegCole17 profile image93
    PegCole17posted 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing this, John.
    Genna, when you're able to use your time to read again, I know you'll find this outpouring of concern and love from your friends here to be a blessing. You are in my prayers for a complete and quick recovery from all that you're dealing with now. May the doctors make wise decisions that lead to your renewed strength.
    Lots of love and hope for you,
    Peg

17. LongTimeMother profile image92
    LongTimeMotherposted 3 years ago

Stay strong, Genna.

18. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Healing thoughts and prayers for a full recovery are sent to you, Genna East.

19. techygran profile image86
    techygranposted 3 years ago

Thank you John  for posting this.

Prayers for Genna's full and speedy recovery.

20. Genna East profile image83
    Genna Eastposted 3 years ago

Thank you so much, Mike, John and everyone.  I've reached a point where I can spend a few minutes on the computer each day if I wear tinted sunglasses.  It will be some time before I will be able to know if I can resume writing poetry to music.

I've been reading hubs over the past few months, but haven't mastered the trick of being able to actually comment on the writing once it reaches LetterPile.  It's been frustrating.

The past week has been so upsetting in the US.  I can't believe what I am hearing.   Wishing peace in the hearts of everyone...

Love and hugs...
    Genna

1. bravewarrior profile image86

Genna, it's so good to see you are recovering! Take your time and know you are loved.

Yes, what's happening in the U.S. is not only upsetting, it's disgraceful. Biden sure has a mess to clean up!

Take care, Genna!

2. AliciaC profile image92
      AliciaCposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad to hear that you're recovering, Genna. Best wishes for the future!

21. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 3 years ago

Great to hear from you Genna. I am glad you can spend some time on the computer wearing tinted sunglasses. Yes, not being able to comment on the niche sites is frustrating. You have to find the article on your feed to be able to comment after it is moved. Hopefully you can start writing again soon. I wish you well in your recovery.

22. Abby Slutsky profile image91
    Abby Slutskyposted 3 years ago

Wishing Genna a speedy rrcovery although I am not sure I know her. I am not sure what Brave Warrior's opinion of his presidentential choice's work has to do with the conversation about Genna.

1. bravewarrior profile image86

I was responding to Genna's comment, Abby. She mentioned  her disbelief in what's going on here in the U.S.

23. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 3 years ago

Yes, it was relevant as it was in response to Genna's comment.

1. Genna East profile image83
      Genna Eastposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Shauna and John! 

John, I've tried many times to get my feeds to work but they don't work properly at all.  All I want to do is to see articles, forums, etc., published by the people I follow, but it doesn't work.  :-(

24. Dolores Monet profile image95
    Dolores Monetposted 3 years ago

God bless you, Genna. Follow doctor's orders, rest, let peace fill your heart, and get well soon.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)