The *I'm Not Leaving* Thread

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (70 posts)
  1. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Over the months we have seen many people leave for one reason or another and I have always wanted to post this one, but not while someone was in the process of leaving, as I didn't wish to show them any disrespect. However, with everything seemingly calm (I think) I can finally write this! smile

I'm not leaving!!!

They can bash my knuckles, break my fingernails, place my hands in a blender ... I'll type with my elbows!!

I'm not leaving!!!

They can beat my shoulders, break my arms, smash my elbows in a vise ... I'll type with my toes!!

I'm not leaving!!!

They can break my legs, smash my knees, cut off my toes ... I'll type with my tongue!!

I'm not leaving!!!

They can place pepper on my tongue, wash it with harsh soap, cut it off ... I'll type with my ... um ... um ... perhaps then I'll need someone else to type for me as I'd be too embarrassed to continue on my own!!

Anyone care to add on is more than welcome. smile

1. Faybe Bay profile image64
      Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not leaving, My children can complain that I am always writing but I am not leaving.
      My dishes can pile to the ceiling, and laundry fall on the floor, I am not leaving.
      I hope I don't get a job because I don't sleep anymore,
      and I am not leaving.
      I am writing like never before, and I am not leaving.

I just found out I am sixth down on google search engine when you search Faybe, so I am not leaving.
      Try and take me away, i wil go kicking ans screaming,
      I Am Not Leaving!

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

wow, so glad to hear your not leaving.  good for you.  hubpages still needs plenty of good writers like yourself.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am not leaving HP, I am a very loyal person LOL!

I am thankful HP gave me a venue to write my kind of stuff,

there are different kinds of people here, trolls, funny, good, smart, etc..and they dont bother me at all, HP is a microcosm of the real world outside and I am old enough to know this

2. englightenedsoul profile image58
    englightenedsoulposted 14 years ago

Whatever happens I am not leaving!!I am with you yoshi and you have summed it up nicely!!

3. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

I joined in a Texas Hold-Em game 'cause the family was pouting that I am on the forums so often, so I went all in with a questionable hand.  Which I lost...
    Just so I could get back to my beloved HP!!!

1. Pr0metheus profile image58
      Pr0metheusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh come on!  I play 4 tables and browse hub pages at the same time!

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Show off.
        wink

1. lorlie6 profile image73
          lorlie6posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree-show off! lol  Hey, then, when asleep last nite, I was playing 5 tables, wrote the Great American Novel, and didn't snore one bit.  So there. lol

4. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

They can impale me, eat my flesh, drink my blood and build a house of my rotting skin. They can strip me of this earthly shell, but my soul will forever type.

Sounds like Zombies to me.

1. Haunty profile image73
        Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You mean my parents?

lol

5. Shalini Kagal profile image54
    Shalini Kagalposted 14 years ago

Nice to see a thread like this, Yoshi - after all those many 'Why I'm leaving' ones smile
    They can hang me, draw me, quarter me....hey - then there'll be four of me to write!!! big_smile

6. yoshi97 profile image56
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

haha ... I'm lovin' it ... keep it coming. smile

7. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 14 years ago

I left the thought of leaving

8. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

come on  lets sing and dance in honor of staying!!!!

9. Shalini Kagal profile image54
    Shalini Kagalposted 14 years ago

http://www.portmeiriononline.co.uk/UserFiles/Image/singing_dancing_pingu_2.jpg

10. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

I'm leaving, sorry guys.

In next 15 minutes, cab is coming to get me.

sorry Skyfire, you are off topic, this is the I'm not Leaving Forum. So no leaving. Cancel cab please. big_smile

11. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

big_smile

12. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

I can understand why some people leave.  They might get too busy, or decide to move on to other things. What I can't understand is why you'd delete or unpublish anything when you do.

If I left - which I'm not planning to! - I'd leave all my Hubs published.  It would be exciting to come back in six months or so and find out what they'd earned in the meantime.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i agree with you marissa.  i'd do the same thing if i left officially for a while or indefinitely.  not saying im planning to do that anytime soon.  just saying i agree with you there.

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i pondered this, and i think people do that so outsiders can't steal their hubs and pretend they wrote them. better just to delete them altogether, IMO.

1. Aya Katz profile image84
        Aya Katzposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cosette, I don't think deleting your hubs prevents people from stealing them. On the contrary, keeping them up helps you to establish when you published them and that your content predates the duplicate content.

1. profile image0

hmm...good point. i guess, for me, when i am really, really done with something i am really, really done with it, so leaving my written word behind would tie me to that place, and i wouldn't like that. i would make a clean break is all i am saying, if i were, which i am not. wink

it's like leaving little pieces of yourself behind, i guess. well everyone is different. that's what makes the world go 'round.

3. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly!  It's like cutting off your...arm to spite your face.  (That's my clean version.)

13. Faybe Bay profile image64
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

Hang on, I just went to the where is the fun forum to invite other's here. Let us not forget the importance of the thread, all comments are okay, but as Yoshi says,
    I'm Not Leaving

14. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

I'm not leaving,cause if I did HP wouldn't have a[       ]...

15. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

I AM leaving...to get a bit of sleep.  Nighty night!

You may sleep now, but tomorrow you must not be leaving.
      I'm not leaving.

2. figment profile image74
      figmentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

nighty night

16. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 14 years ago

Definitely not leaving!

17. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Oh! So this is the obligatory "I'm not leaving"! post to counteract the obligatory "I'm leaving"! post.

Okay.

18. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I am Not Leaving!
    I have found several opinions here that are not the same as mine but that keeps things interesting. I am very happy to say that I have not come across any personality(Person) that has made me even consider the thought.

19. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 14 years ago

I am not leaving, unless I get bored; then I will leave, unannounced and in the dead of night.

20. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

I keep leaving. In fact I'm leaving later to go pick up my repaired car.
    Unless the tectonic plates suddenly move and collide, I'll be back, I presume.

21. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

I ain't leavin' neither...No matter how "stinky" things get around here!

http://hammernews.com/BushAndCryingBaby0607AP.jpg

PS. Stay the course big_smile !

1. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah - the stink of that would make any baby cry - in fact it did, not so close to home though I guess!

2. cheaptrick profile image75
      cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some Day...when I Learn how to Use my computer I'M gonna do stuff like this!
      As it is I got a factory Defect Key Board that only has 23 letters on it hence my Apparent confusion when I post:))

22. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I can't leave this community. I've developed a dependency on it for validation. I rely on this place for release of feelings and emotions as well as entertainment. It allows me to share personal experiences and observations with the sole purpose of helping somebody else or make you laugh.

I've had a situation that made me consider leaving, but if I did that then somebody else would win, not me.

If it gets too bad I'll start a 12 step program.

23. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

I left twice, but it had nothing to do with HP. I hope Im not leaving again? I never know whats going to happen next tho...

1. Haunty profile image73
      Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Never leave, Justine! smile

24. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

How can I leave? I have not reached all my goals yet, biggest affiliate sale (every sale raises the bar hehe) largest value click (again one that cannot be achieved as I just keep raising the bar) First payouts, big payouts, goodness I could go on forever it seems big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol lol

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Glad to give you a laugh big_smile

25. Sa Toya profile image83
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

I was seriously thinking about leaving for quite a few reasons but, if I didn't then I won't now sooo............

I'll be here unless my book turns into a best seller leaving me with no time for this.....

Unlikely!

So I'l be hubbing for a while yet!

Yay Sa Toya's not leaving! big_smile
      And I'm not leaving.

1. Sa Toya profile image83
        Sa Toyaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Partay Central Baby! big_smile

My Sister across the Big River! I must go write a new hub,
          But I am Not Leaving. big_smile

26. Faybe Bay profile image64

I have made my first penny on adsense in only three weeks, I am not leaving. and it's not for the money, honestly.

1. profile image0

a journey of a thousand dollars begins with a single penny...smile

27. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I am not leaving never chose to, never will! smile

28. Mike Lickteig profile image77
    Mike Lickteigposted 14 years ago

How can I leave with 20 more years worth of payments on the place?

I won't even guess how many clicks that comes to. I am glad you are forced to stay.
      Personally I am not leaving.

29. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

I'm sorry, but everyone above me has to go!  Everyone else was afraid to tell you guys.  Why do they always make the serpent the bad guy?

30. Arthur Fontes profile image74
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

I am not leaving.  Where would I go?

31. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

I already left

1. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm.  Now the Eagles are singing Already Gone in my head.

32. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I am not leaving, either
    they can call me a poopoo head or a pee pee head
    they can tell me I'm an old slack assed fatty
    they can say my hubs will never amount to beans
    they can refuse to feed me any while they're all eating carrot cake

they can even ignore me

or hijack all my threads

or use my ideas for hubs of their own

or act extra nice to me just to make me cringe

I'M NOT LEAVING!

Nicely said. So glad you joined us, in not leaving.
      I am sticking around to promote this thread as the place to come and see why we cannot leave.
      So I am not leaving, I must promote the thread.
      So I'm not leaving.

33. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

I'm not leaving either.

34. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

There's something I've been wanting to say for a looooooooong time........

I'm not leaving either!!!  lol

35. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I won't say that I'll never leave, but I don't think I will. We never know what the future might hold!

36. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

Im sticking around, I have decided..I found my niche where my input is appriciated, as well as my art and writings...

37. figment profile image74
    figmentposted 14 years ago

I can play in forums now.  Just got through publishing new Hub

38. Faybe Bay profile image64

See you all in a day or so. I have schooltomorrow and must study today. But I am not leaving.

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

good luck with school

39. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

so glad you will return Faybe - I will also - in awhile.  I can't say what I will be doing, because I don't know.  But I cannot just play on the computer all day.  ho hum - maybe I will bake something?

40. Alota profile image62
    Alotaposted 14 years ago

dont know if I would be that determined to stay

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)