Yey me.....again

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Spacey Gracey profile image38
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Yesterday I reached 100 followers. Today I went over 50K total views. And seeing a steady increase in earnings. I love HP.

Just thought I'd share the love.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! Haven't seen you much around the forums lately. sad Guess you're too busy hubbing. I'm up to 77,000 views. big_smile

Hubpages ROCKS! big_smile

Spacey Graceyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope - not busy doing anything. My old laptop broke and it took me a couple weeks to get a new one. The new machine is ace though and I am now a super-speedy hubber. Missed the forums.

2. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are amazing, Wry - I've only about a tenth of that figure!  Working on it, though, and will get there one day. 

Your post further down on time is sure true, too.  I don't promote hardly at all, but views (and income) keep growing.  It was fun this morning to find that in the 2 days of Sept., I've passed the total income from July, meager though it was.  It won't continue at that rate, of course, but was fun to see.

2. richtwf profile image60
      richtwfposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!

I've only just launched my hub page a few days ago and still have a long way to go to reach the dizzy heights you've achieved but I'm going to try to reach for the stars and if I fall short, then the moon is good enough!

Reach for the stars Spacey Gracey and enjoy your next journey forwards.

3. jeri741 profile image60
      jeri741posted 13 years agoin reply to this

been doing this for 2 wks now ..made .01 cent..lol but I only have 5 hubs up. Need to do somne more. How do you guys advertise I only have 1 other site I use and it is giving me some traffic but I really need more.

The awesomeness of hubpages is that basically if you write quality hubs on topics that people are searching but don't have huge amounts of competition for, you don't need to promote. Just leave your hubs alone and within 6-9 months they will be getting plenty of traffic on their own. A hub I wrote about 8 months ago, without promotion is now getting 180-200 hits a day. It takes time so just keep writing and it will happen!

2. Spacey Gracey profile image38

I put every hub on the freebie version if IM Automator - not sure how much traffic that generates but seems to get hub Google listed pretty quick. Then occassionally I put down some links on Snipsly, Squidoo, or Bukisa if it looks like that hub would benefit it when compared with the competition. Dont spend hours linking like some do because I simply cant be bothered and prefer to write new hubs instead.

4. dosters profile image79
      dostersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!  I just started but stories like yours keep me focussed on the goal!  Any advice or tips you could throw my way would be great!

dosters - I can't remember who gave me this tip but it was definitely the best one: At the start you don't make much money, even after two months you might make much money. But use this time to keep writing hubs. Because in 6 months time, if you have only written 10 hubs and they have made you $100 you will be kicking yourself wondering how much more money you would've made if you had kept on hubbing and written tons more - does that make sense. I didn't explain it that well.

And read loads on the forums - use the search function to trawl through posts about 'traffic', 'backlinking', 'keywords', 'amazon', and 'Misha' smile

And since I had no idea what style of hub, or what keywords would make money, I just went crazy and wrote a ton. My first 100 hubs were pretty much at random. The rest have been much more targeted and successful, but I wouldn't have known how to do them if I hadn't done that first 100.
        Stick at it. I have recently temporarily abandoned another income strea as I am finding this much more lucrative.

1. dosters profile image79

Thanks!  Right now I stay home with my 2 boys, so I try to get one hub written per day.  That's a good day.  But right now I have 7 hubs up in less than 2 weeks, and I am trying to get at least 20 up my the end of the month.  Any suggestions on topics?  Right now I am doing the random thing...

Hey Dosters - what a coincidence - I am also at home full time with two boys smile.

If you want to make Amazon money, I use three sources of inspiration:
            1 - checking the bestsellers lists of different Amazon departments
            2 - Googles keyword tool (if you haven't used it before just Google 'google free keyword tool' and a link will come up). I always use the 'exact' match option.
            3 - Googles search assist. Go to Google, type in a type of product like 'espresso maker' and see what it suggests in the drop down - this is Google guessing what you want to search for based on what other people searched for.

If you want to make Adsense money......step away from me right now coz I haven't got a clue and go check out Misha, Ryankett and Thisisoli.

2. dosters profile image79

oh and also, following you now smile

5. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

congrats and best of luck

2. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

wow...

3. Mama Sez profile image63
    Mama Sezposted 13 years ago

Glad to hear that Spacey smile ...Congratulations!!!

That is the cutest baby picture I ever saw (besides my own babies of course smile )

4. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Hey congrats Spacey Gracey, and 167 Hubs shizzzzzz, very noice.

I am 3 shy of 100 good folks on here, but on another site just seen one of my articles surpass the 125k views after 18 months, very stoked about that.

2 shy now - even though I really wanted to wait and be #100. Surprised not following you already as we bump into each other a lot in the forums.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol I just had a look at my profile, and saw 98 peeps on me list now, thanks to you 98, can't call you 99 as noone popped in before yourself.

Not surprising, lots of long time peeps just becoming a fan of me now, glad to have you all on board to read about my little world of madness big_smile

5. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Congratulations, hope it keeps going well for you

6. Dorothee-Gy profile image63
    Dorothee-Gyposted 13 years ago

Congratulations, and many thanks for sharing. I love most all the stories of how it improves over time and that things get better steadily. It's so much fun to watch, even though my own numbers still are small...

7. profile image0
    Uma07posted 13 years ago

Congrats Spacey Gracey!I just went thru your profile and you have made great progress.Good luck for the future too. smile

8. Benjimester profile image89
    Benjimesterposted 13 years ago

Way to share the love.  You can share the earnings anytime you want too smile  My paypal account is...

9. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

Congrats, Spacey - you have worked hard and are reaping the results of that time and effort.  Thanks for the post - comments like yours help to keep me going.

10. salt profile image60
    saltposted 13 years ago

Wow gracy, thats not so spacey!

I have to get my page views up!!!

11. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Spacey,

Nice to see you and that you are doing well. wink big_smile

12. Spacey Gracey profile image38

Mwwahhhhh - big kiss. Missed you Cagsil. I have been in offline hell. No laptop = no excuse not to do housework sad. Got new latop, which has wiped out every penny I have earned so far on HP- but I love it and now I am back online. Gotta hub like crazy now to prove its worth.

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear about your offline hell. Glad to hear you have a new laptop to work with though. Hopefully you can earn more to replace the funds needed for it.

Thank you for the *kiss*. I missed you as well. (((Hugs))) smile big_smile

13. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

I would love to make some money on HP... I've been stuck on 82cents for a month now. (sigh) hmm

Probably a good idea to write more hubs then. big_smile

Every time I was depressed by my lack of funds I used that as inspiration to write another hub. And if you keep doing that you will eventually start to make money.

1. pisean282311 profile image62
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey wrylit ..you gave me nice idea for hub...

big_smile

2. Spacey Gracey profile image38

WryLilt you are right -
        When I had been here about 3 months, and made about $30 someone on the forums said they didnt see the sense in me writing loads more hubs when I didnt have any proof I was doing the right thing - but that is how I learnt. There isn't a magic forumla, and even if there was, I'm not the type of person who would follow it.

I saw it the same as Amway - I could see why it worked in theory and figured it should work in fact as well. Just I'd rather write than sell laundry detergent. big_smile

14. Spacey Gracey profile image38

big_smile . I'd rather copy and paste Amazon codes into capsules than sit on a check out going beep, beep, beep smile. I came here to write....now I am a prolific cut and paster of product codes big_smile. But I do love the virtual shopping.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)