Is there a real hubber out there? ...

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (47 posts)
  1. thranax profile image73
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

Is this a real site or just a hacking site. I put an email address on a blog say something like gothacked@gmail.com and within say 20 mins my g-mail account was hacked. I made this a fake one but it then had a primary listing of an email say mainemail@catdog.net. It then took that and went back to G-mail, the one with with google ad sense and hacked that one. Google recovered the 2 accounts and the main email was recovered by contacting them and changing everything. So are there real people out there or is this just a hacker community?

2. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

It's a real community... At least I'm real... Couldn't tell you about everyone else, but I'm pretty sure they're all real. ;-)

It was probably just coincidence that your email was hacked at the same time you signed up.

3. thranax profile image73

well  it wasn't when i signed up, everything was save when i signed up. It's when i put my first blog into circulation i put an email to a gmail account and it got hacked within 20 mins of posting that, hubpages protected everything else, i believe. It then took 3 hours for my mainemail to be hacked then an hour for the 2nd gmail account.

4. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 15 years ago

thranax:

It's generally accepted that you shouldn't post your email address online without disguising it somehow to make it unrecognizable for bots, or you'll be an easy spam target.  Is that, perhaps, what happened?

5. thranax profile image73

It wasn't spam, it wasn't a pmer. They hacked into my accounts without anything but an Email address. I didn't receive any emails, i didn't open any emails with viruses. I made the spare account for people to contact me, even if it was spam because i could just delete the account but no information was given as to the password or to hack anything. I known because the recovery question when i tried to recover the account was changed from "What is the name of your pet?" to "are you ready??" and the primary email was changed from my main one (shouldn't have listed there) to this address: yahoo.com.hk 
    So no, it wasn't spam. And no it wasn't a virus, cookie, or spy ware, or malware. I have 2 programs protecting my computer system and i have a 3rd program protecting my router. None pulled up anything and one is set to detect all changes. That means when there is a change to the registers, or a cookie is added, or anything happens it says "change to (file or registry or w\e here) Accept or Decline? and if you decline it it attacks the changer and doesn't allow it to be altered. 
    I do not know how they did it, or why (im guessing to gain access to Google Ad sense accounts etc) but i just want 2 things:
    1. For everyone who is here to be on guard and to be safe so it doesn't happen to you.
    2. To know the truth, can i stay here and accully blog without fear of being hacked for private information? The blogs i make i really try to help real people with problems, or suggestions, or to be happy. Surely we all do it somewhat for the money, but in the long run it doesn't add up to be much of anything at all because i bet most of the money from that goes to 2 things:
    1.Coffee 2. Petrol

Thanks for reading this, i know personally im a good person and don't really need to stay here if its a hacking site or if my personal information will be taken by someone in Asia or India or something. I want to be a part of this community but if these people keep attacking new members then why stay here, it's not safe and if everyone leaves then all there will be are hackers here without anyone else and they will try to hack each other. If your a good person feel free to make me a fan, i will talk to you and everything, i seen may people on these forums saying "god bless" and all that, so im sure there are good people here-of all religions. If we could only make this Site:
    SAFE FOR ALL, that means any hackers reading this or something please leave this community alone, i know why you do the things you do i do, times are rough and its easy to steal from others, you have noone but yourself in this world and everyone knows that, but lets make this a peaceful community for all writers and people who really want to help there fellow humans?

6. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

What's the point? If YOU posted your email account on any publicly accessible web page, YOU should prepare yourself for nasty surprises. Be it myspace, yahoo answers or your own blog.

I can't understand what hubpages have to do with that, and how you came to conclusion there are no live people here. I for one is a very live person weighing almost 200 pounds big_smile At least some other people around are alive, too - I had live webcam sessions with them. smile

7. moifah profile image58
    moifahposted 15 years ago

Very bad idea to post email address publicly, just asking for trouble.  Some people have nothing better to do then spend hours trying to hack into it.  Especially if its used for a facebook or myspace account. 

I would also say that this is a very live and vibrant community here.

8. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

Hubpages is not a blog site.

9. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

No real hubbers here.

We're all part of a vast neural network of email cracking, computer hacking SPAM machines.

Can you please make your password a bit harder to crack next time. It only took 0.2311234 seconds.

And we never make misteaks,

10. CherylAnne Nelson profile image60
    CherylAnne Nelsonposted 15 years ago

I assure you I have no idea what the heck you are talking about, your description of what happened to your email account alone has me saying:  Ummmm... what did he say?  Your terms are beyond too technical for me.  I can only say that I don't think I have had a problem with my system since joining two weeks ago and I have been reading some very interesting hubs here and speaking with some very sweet people as well.  Lots of real (real nice) people here. --Cheryl

11. flread45 profile image58
    flread45posted 15 years ago

I think I'm alive also.big_smile

12. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 15 years ago

I am pretty sure I am a figment of someone's imagination.  Wait! Maybe.....
    Nope..Definitely a figment.

13. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

I'm a Hubber, but I'm not real yet.

I am still velveteen.

Jenny

14. thranax profile image73

Nice guys lol XD but i mean i do find it interesting that i submit my 1st hub and get hacked within 20 mins of hitting submit ya know =\ I guess i can drop it but the 1st person to become my fan almost on here i think is the one that hacked me, because it was instantly after i saw fan:1 that i was hacked.

I'll drop it, i just wish i meant a nice person on here before anything happened, and the easy password idea, i don't call 30 characters of letters and numbers easy honestly.

15. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Correlation does not imply causation smile

Both of your fans are respected members of community and while all possible of course, it is highly unlikely anyone of them hacked your email.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My economist father would love you for saying that.

1. Misha profile image62
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOL I picked this English scientific version from you smile Before that I was saying "after this does not mean because of this" - which sounds much less impressive. And yeah, that's the rule of thumb that helped me in many cases smile

2. Eric Graudins profile image61
      Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes it does!
      I've got a wonderful graph which shows a direct relationship between Global Warming and the number of pirates in the world.
      As the number of pirates has reduced, the temperature has risen. Now that's what I'd call proof.

And Maddie - Your father was an economist?
      You poor dear.

1. Misha profile image62

LOL Al Gore has it all wrong. He should become a pirate, with all his following. This will save the World!

2. darkside profile image64
        darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this
        1. Eric Graudins profile image61

Very Good. A++++++++++ as they say on EBay.
          Did you have to study hard to become such a smarta*se, or did it come naturally ?? big_smile

No,  - I've been a devotee of the Flying Spaghetti Monster for some time, and my graph is the fancier version of the one on your hub. I got mine direct from the main FSM site. (But I did see the one on your site. Still verra naice.)

And I'm thrilled to find another Pastafarian here on Hub Pages. cool cool cool

1. Misha profile image62

Most of us are pastafarians here. Some don't know it it yet, though wink

3. Inspirepub profile image72
        Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You got that off my Hub, didn't you?  smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Church-Of-T … ti-Monster

What Al Gore really needs to do is acknowledge the One True Creator ...

Jenny

16. briannerose profile image62
    brianneroseposted 15 years ago

If some one hacked you email could it have been some one you already have on your friends list out side of hubpages. The only way some one can hack your email account is if you accepted some sort of virus and they put a key logger on your computer. It has happend to me once. After that I did my reasearch about what to look for. I am sure that no one on hubpages would have hacked your email.

17. Inspirepub profile image72

Go in sauce, my brother, and may you always have two forks ...

Jenny

18. darkside profile image64
    darksideposted 15 years ago

May the Sauce be with you?

1. Inspirepub profile image72

ROFLMAO!

That combines my Spaghetti Monster Hub AND my Jedi Religion Hub in one fell swoop!!

Love it ...

Jenny

19. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 15 years ago

I just read Jenny's Hub.  Her prose is so fine I was converted on the spot! We had spagetti for lunch - nuff said?
    smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image56
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Another convert smile

I'm not sure that our church accepts people like you.
        What say you Sister Jenny, O Holy Keeper of the Tomato stained vestments?

Mr. Knowles, I think that you'll find many other gods more suited to your needs at the site mentioned on my post in the religion section. There's more Gods there than you can shake a stick at.

And Welcome Misha and Ric - Good to see that you've been touched with the noodly appendage.

1. Inspirepub profile image72

The Flying Spaghetti Monster does not discriminate. His Noodly Appendage will probe any who open their hearts and mouths in His praise.

Did you not read in the Noodly Notes that Heaven is an all-you-can-eat pasta buffet?

The Holey Communion (known in layman's terms as "penne") is but a foretaste of the exquisite eternal joy of having His Noodly Appendages filling the gaping voids within us all forever more ...

May the Sauce be with you.

Jenny

2. Inspirepub profile image72

Today HubPages, tomorrow THE WORLD ... bwahahahaha ....

Jenny

20. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

See, that's what I was saying smile

21. Stooge profile image68
    Stoogeposted 15 years ago

Sorry for breaking the chain of some great one liners but could not resist shouting, '' I EXIST''. What a wonderful platform to let people know smile

22. thranax profile image73

Ok guys I get it lmao, I never got such random responses to a topic in my life lol. What I meant by real is someone I can feel safe talking to on here in a pm system or something you know? In the little contact email things lol. Sorry I made this but I'd rather be safe then sorry ya know? I can't let something happen to me and then call everyone someone doing it. After all, hubpages needs some credit if it got eBay, Google, and Amazon's support because they would shut down there advertisements if the site broke there rules.

23. Mark Bennett profile image61
    Mark Bennettposted 15 years ago

I am not sure how real I am since the 60s, but surely only real things could harm you?

Maybe you would be better off talking to an imaginary friend in that case? wink

FWIW, you can pm me any time. Can't promise to be any help whatosever, but apparently I am quite good at saying "there, there" ...

24. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 15 years ago

Does being a zombie count?

25. thranax profile image73

I guess I have some competition in being sarcasm king because everyone here apparently excels in it smile Anyway...
    Thanks for clarifying for me, and the ones that said I can contact them gives me a better impression of the community. And I guess I overreacted a little bit. Thanks for the reply s everyone, I really apperecate it.

Yes, there's fierce competition for that title, and quite frankly, I'm not sure you're in the running.

However, if we regard your initial posts as evidence, you'd have no problem taking out the title of the HubPages "Paranoia King" lol

1. JamaGenee profile image78
        JamaGeneeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well said, you Tasmanian Devil you.  smile

One does one's best with the ever dwindling number of brain cells at one's disposal smile

So - What do you know about Tasmanian Devils?
          (Apart from watching the TAZ cartoons smile )

1. JamaGenee profile image78
            JamaGeneeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I know nothing about TDs (apart from watching TAZ cartoons)!  It was merely a reference to your place of residence...maybe you should enlighten us with a hub.  ??? 

Also, apologies for not replying sooner...couldn't get online last night due to a thunder-boomer monsoon that knocked out the power for most of the evening.

Jama

2. Inspirepub profile image72

I should point out, thranax, that this kind of mocking is reserved for our pals in Australia. If we really don't like someone, dialogue usually gets brief, to the point, and fairly Anglo-Saxon.

Your response to the good-hearted joshing shows immediately whether you are a worthy addition to the HubPages clan. You passed with flying colors.

Just don't expect the joking to stop any time soon.

It's not about you - it's about the conversation. You started it, but much like a parent, once you have launched it you can't control where it goes ...

Jenny

Wot she bloody well said.

2. Mark Bennett profile image61
      Mark Bennettposted 15 years agoin reply to this

No problem, thranax, you actually are welcome. smile

26. srimathi profile image61
    srimathiposted 15 years ago

what is hubber i did not know about that

27. Inspirepub profile image72

You are a Hubber. We are all Hubbers. We hub at HubPages.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)