Did anyone else experience a precipitous drop in page views today???

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (38 posts)
  1. KnowledgeSpeaks profile image61
    KnowledgeSpeaksposted 14 years ago

My page views have been consistently going up and up over the past couple of weeks, and then today, WHOA! Just a trickle all day. Anyone else experiencing a drop in traffic?

1. profile image0
      selrachposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mine are always a trickle maybe one day the dam will bust

lol

2. geargirl113 profile image61
    geargirl113posted 14 years ago

I have. I was just thinking it may be an off day or something.

1. KnowledgeSpeaks profile image61
      KnowledgeSpeaksposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's like crickets over here... I'm in the SF Bay Area. Wonder if it is regional...

3. LeanMan profile image73
    LeanManposted 14 years ago

Mine are up.... maybe I have yours...

4. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 14 years ago

Slow for me today as well.

5. vanchen profile image66
    vanchenposted 14 years ago

pretty normal for me today.

6. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Mine are steady, considering a number of factors. wink

7. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 14 years ago

Mine are up just a touch - probably go to below normal by night big_smile

1. sofs profile image75
      sofsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

looks good for me though! smile

8. relache profile image65
    relacheposted 14 years ago

Nope, can't say I saw anything like that...

9. Kidgas profile image62
    Kidgasposted 14 years ago

Down a little but used to bouncing around somewhat anyway.

10. Aficionada profile image75
    Aficionadaposted 14 years ago

About 30% higher than the average over the last few weeks.  I'm with LeanMan and wilderness - we must be grabbing everyone else's traffic.

11. Starfishfelix profile image61
    Starfishfelixposted 14 years ago

Pretty much normal for me with a bit of an upward trend (although I've added a few hubs recently, which would account for that).

12. Ms Chievous profile image66
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

traffic is good....CTR sucks... hope it is not a trend

13. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Mine are slightly above my average for the past 24 hours, in fact not too far off of my record.

14. brettb profile image62
    brettbposted 14 years ago

Mine always go down before they go up...massively. It's just Google dancing around.

1. profile image0
      AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Mine did that in August 2010 and looks like it is going to do it again soon like maybe September 2010. Thank you. Go in peace.

15. brakel2 profile image69
    brakel2posted 14 years ago

Great decrease the past few days. Almost like its holiday time.

16. thisisoli profile image80
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

where was your traffic coming from? Traffic from Hubpages usually drops after a few days.

17. KnowledgeSpeaks profile image61

The decrease has been both HP and Google. Today better than yesterday, but still weak...

18. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 14 years ago

it was normal until i went in the bath two hours ago when one hub set off space bound ( well for me anyway)
    no idea why, but hope it continues-

19. viryabo profile image96
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

CTR so low, reminds me of my newbie days. lol

20. Bard of Ely profile image75
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

Nothing really bad, no!

21. waynet profile image70
    waynetposted 14 years ago

No, traffic has risen, but I attribute that to my backlinking efforts and upcoming joint ventures!

22. Pcunix profile image86
    Pcunixposted 14 years ago

Actually, yesterday was off a bit for a wednesday. 

I don't know about the rest of the country, but here in NE it was a perfect day to skip work smile

23. Richard Craig profile image60
    Richard Craigposted 14 years ago

I've had a slow day, the slowest in a long while.

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My hubscore and my number of followers is the same today. How weird!

24. sunforged profile image75
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

2 weeks and 15 hubs is WAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaYYYy to early to start counting views and thinking you have traffic trends.

Dont even ask yourself that, for another 2.5 months minimum.

Your traffic is most likely HP based and your articles are not even close to having a solid position in search results.

way to early ... keep building content and your portfolio will be much less prone to drastic visible fluctuations

1. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

agreed

2. Kangaroo_Jase profile image72
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep,

Just now seeing my traffic starting to head in a happier direction.

Usually will get some Hubbers traffic for the first 2-3 days, then die off to a trickle, then either steadily grow or happen a little faster with spikes here and there.

But overall, traffic is growing (from big G and other linkage) and growing larger every month for me.

25. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 14 years ago

It is great that I have already begun getting page impressions on September 11, 2010. Thank you. Go in peace.

26. KnowledgeSpeaks profile image61

Thanks so much for the advice about being patient. I will try to remember that the next time traffic takes a turn. Just got my first click today! So there's at least a silver lining.

27. Pratonix profile image71
    Pratonixposted 14 years ago

These page view drops are like a 'drop in blood sugar'. You feel all weak and weary.

It's worse when you go from a high of 400 views per day to down to 80 views per day. I try to average out at 150 p.d.

28. KeithTax profile image75
    KeithTaxposted 14 years ago

Everytime I hear someone complain traffic is slow for the day it reminds me of my farming upbringing and how farmers always complain about how terrible ag prices are. This reminds me of a joke.

1.) A farmer and his wife see the doctor as they prepare for their first child.

Farmer: Doctor, I have three things I want my child to have. They are very important to me.

Doctor: I see. What are you expecting, sir.

F: First, I would like a son, doctor.

D: I think we can accomplish that.

F: I really would like my son to have blue eyes.

D: I think we can do that, too.

F: Doctor, could you make my son a farmer?

D: Hmmm. That is a tough one, but I think I can make it happen.

Well, nine months go by and the happy day arrives. Our farmer sits in the waiting room while his child is delivered. Soon the beautiful sound of crying resonates through the air. The doctor rushes into the waiting area.

D: Sir, you are the pround father of a wonderful baby boy!

F: Thank God! Doctor? Does he have blue eyes?

D: Oh, yes sir, he does. The deepest blue eyes I ever saw.

F: Yes! I am so happy, docotor. But, is he a farmer?

D: Ahhhh. Well, let me go back and check.

The doctor leaves and after an uncomfortably long wait the doctor finally returns.

D: Sir, I have no doubt your blue-eyes son is a farmer.

F: How do you know he is a farmer, doctor?

D: Becuase he never stopped crying the entire time I was in there.

And a second farmer joke.

2.) A Farmer's Prayer

Day 1: Dear God, please let corn prices go up so I can sell at a good price and pay my mortgage and other bills.

D2: Corn goes up to $2.50 a bushel.

Dear God, if only you would allow corn to go to $3 a bushel.

D3: Corn is at $3 bu.

Dear God, if only I could get 4 bucks a bu for corn.

D4: Corn is at $4.

God, if only $5.

D5: Corn is at $5.

Lord, if only $7.

D6: Corn is at $7.

D7: Corn drops back to $2 a bu.

Lord, could you let corn go back to $7 so I can sell this time.

1. sofs profile image75
      sofsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

Aren't we all like that whining away all the time....
      now let me do this ........Lord let take out the weekends from the week, they make the traffic weak!

29. Pcunix profile image86
    Pcunixposted 14 years ago

Well,today (Sat) is much slower than usual.

But these things happen now and then.  I always worry that I broke something, but usually it is just a fluke day.

30. KnowledgeSpeaks profile image61

Agreed. Today has been a slow day...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)