Creating more Hubs for Money

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (86 posts)
  1. eculligan profile image68
    eculliganposted 13 years ago

Does creating more hubs really work and increase you adsense revenue?  I have been promoting the heck out of my ten hubs and only made 20 cents.

1. profile image0
      AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am not sure. I have 1 hub and began getting page impressions almost daily since September 11, 2010 and I started on hubpages on June 3, 2010. No earnings yet but it is on the way. My best opinion is to make sure that you write the best quality hubs that you can. That is what I have done and is why I am not writting anymore hubs and just sit back and watch the money flow in. I have written what I wanted to write and it is successful to me as far as I am concerned. I do not know if this has ever happened on hubpages before with only one hub but it looks like you can make money on 1 hub if it is of really great quality.. I wish you the very best and much success with your hubs eculligan. Thank you.

eculliganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thankyou Sir.  I will continue and try to put my best effort forward on my next hubs.  I wonder if it has something to do with writing articles over 1000 words.  Google has some really weird Algorithms, but hopefully I will find something soon that works.

2. darkside profile image59
        darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I need to know, just in case I've missed something that's obvious here, is this wonderful hub in your AMBASSADOR BUTLER account?

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. profile image0

The money that I will be making through google adsense which I am signed up for will be all from page imressions alone and I am getting plenty of impressions almost daily since September 11, 2010. You can laugh all that you want to but I will be laughing all the way to the bank soon with only page impressions. thank you.

1. waynet profile image67
            waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you are raving mad to think you are earning from impressions of a not published hubpage, to which you may be getting views if you look at it yourself....

And you would need some considerable impressions to ever make payout with adsense, well over 100,000 impressions per day should do it.....but where oh where is the hubpage????!!!!

1. profile image0

I will let you know when I get my first payout thank you. Like I said before I began getting page impressions since September 2010 and on almost on a daily basis. Thank you for the information about the 100,000 impressions per day so that I can monitor my progress. Maybe you can tell me where the page impressions are coming from because it does not come about from out of thin air. Let the impressions keep rolling on for my 1 hub. Thank you.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
                prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am beginning to like you SIR, you have a good sense of humor, you made me smile this morning........ You really believe in what you are saying and you want us to believe in it, LOL

1. profile image0

I am glad to make you smile this morning. You made my day. Yes I believe and know what I am saying about getting page impressions on my 1 hub since September 11, 2010. I look at my google adsense report everyday and I am getting plenty impressions and know that my first payout will be soon enough for me. I have plenty of time and all those impressions is coming from people who love my article that I got a license for on JUNE 6, 2010. Drum roll please for when I will hit first payout. I guess we all will have to be patient to find out when? Oh well what the heck, I could guess but that would take away the suspense of it. I see my impressions number everyday so I could give an approximate time for my first payout but I will not. Thank you prettydarkhorse,such a pretty name. You can call me underdog. The odds are stacked against me. HAHAHA I know how to enjoy life and laugh at myself at the same time.

1. Ign Andy profile image59
                    Ign Andyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just curious: If you made great hub then why your profile score is only 56?
                    Your hub score most likely lower than that number

2. waynet profile image67

Lol! you're obsessed!!!!! big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
                  prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi waynet.

They say that once you always say it and believe in what you are saying, it will become true -- only in your make believe world. There is a danger to it.

Yes, it's like a small lie that snowballs and then before you know it, you are trapped in lies and you'll slip up eventually.

3. waynet profile image67

Lol!!.....are you a sockpuppet? hahaha!!

2. warchild75 profile image65
      warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I didnt start making decent money until about my 80th hub,although it is really about traffic as apose to the amount of hubs you have,i had 79 hubs with about 250-300 views a day then my 80th hub was very popular and boosted my traffic to nearly 2000 a day which helped a lot.

1. David 470 profile image81
        David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

300- 2000 that fast! Wow, that must of been one popular hub! I had a hub that was getting 300+ for a while, but its lower now.

1. warchild75 profile image65
          warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was a very good hub giving tips on the latest xbox game everyone was raving about.

2. Ign Andy profile image59
        Ign Andyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That 80th hub must be very impressive. My highest traffic from one hub is only 45 and this hub still no revenue.

3. Iris Lebow profile image60
      Iris Lebowposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Eculligan,
      I've read your question and most of the replies.  I'm at just about the same spot as you.  I've been around for about two months, have 10 hubs, even one Hubnugget winner.  I wondered about making money altho it isn't my main goal.  I just wondered since my Adsense is at 36 cents.  What I really worry about is that I feel so LOST. For instance people are telling you to be concerned about you SEO.  What is that?  Can someone tell me?
      Thanks,
      Iris

1. Pcunix profile image92
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

SEO is Search Engine Optimization.

Making money is all about search engine traffic.  I strongly suggest that you look down at the bottom of this page and click on the Learning Center link. There you will find very good advice on getting traffic.  You really should NOT pay attention to the advice anyone else gives until you have read and understood those articles.

4. Lily Rose profile image84
      Lily Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, the more hubs you have the more you will earn - that has been my experience anyway.  I've been on and off with backlinking but decided a few months ago that I had enough with it.  Since day 1 I have definitely seen an increase in traffic and clicks and income the more I publish, even when not promoting.  The only promotion I do now is occasionally to Facebook if I think my friends there may be interested in reading that particular hub.

I made my first payout at 3 months, the second after another two months and then it stayed at every other month until my 11th month and it's been monthly ever since.

I would definitely advise you to publish more if you want to increase your income, but make sure it's quality and put a bit of effort into keyword research to optimize your SEO and potential...

5. my-success-guru profile image57
      my-success-guruposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes creating more Hubs will increase your adsense revenue but you want to  use a good seo tool to get continuing traffic to your hubs. Just google the key words (key word tool google adwords). Building backlinks will also help drive more traffic which results in greater earnings.

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Please ignore Ambassador Butler. He claims to be getting tons of google traffic without publishing his hub - poor guy doesn't realize that you can't get views if NO ONE CAN SEE YOUR HUB!

All I can say is - until you learn SEO and keyword research you can only go with writing LOTS of hubs. When you have 30 hubs and are still not getting much traffic, then you can come back and complain.

WRITE LOTS and DIVERSIFY LOTS. Write about everything.

Don't promote - I don't. Not unless you are 100% sure that the hub is in a good niche.

For instance - if you write a hub about how to make money online, all the sites on the first page of google have literally hundreds of backlinks to them - you could beat them with promotion but it would probably take you years and would achieve little.

Promotion is useless if what your promoting is 1. Up against sites that have years of age on their domain and thousands of backlinks or 2. Are topics that no one is searching.

You can rank number one on google for Purple Pigeon Poo but if no one is looking for it - it won't make you a cent.

1. KristenGrace profile image60
      KristenGraceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL great points...  tongue

1. Dorsi profile image82
        Dorsiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes good info. I have found that most hubbers that write quality hubs and do some decent linking and promotion will reach adsense payout in about 10 months. That is just an average and will depend on what you write, how much your clicks are worth, lots of variables but 10 months is pretty average.

Time of hub probably means more then promotion.  After 10 months you actually start to see an increase in traffic.  Some good advise thanks.

2. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope you are pessimistic, Dorsi.  So far this month I am on track, almost to the dollar, to make my first payout from Adsense.  You would have me wait another 5 months! sad

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
            Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey-- I got my first at 18 months, second at eight, third at five....

I do NO promotion, keyword research, SEO techniques or backlinking. I know all of that stuff could probably boost revenue, but I spend my time on other things. I really don't even write many hubs, but I do have a few in progress (when I get around to it). I'm happy, but I don't really try too much.
            This is just to give you an idea of what might happen naturally.
            Oh, and Amazon has started adding a few dollars, too.

1. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, I don't promote hardly at all, but have tried to learn and use SEO techniques and keyword research, and I try to use what little I've learned.

And like you say, Amazon has begun to add a few lonely $$ at times as well.  That one is so sporadic that it is more of a write and leave it as far as I'm concerned.  It just hasn't been consistent enough for me to get a handle on at all.

2. Dorsi profile image82
            Dorsiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's great Wilderness. I believe you are ahead of the curve so that's great! We have had these discussions many times and 10 months more or less seems to pretty average...so you are not average!!!

3. MPG Narratives profile image60
    MPG Narrativesposted 13 years ago

It takes time to earn money on Hubpages. You have only been with HP for 2 months, people usually don't start earning money until 6 months or more. Be patient and write good quality hubs about topics you know and understand and the money will follow.

Earning on this site means tweaking and improving your hubs all the time, putting effort into SEO and some backlinking (don't overdo it) and also promoting your hubs. The length of articles is usually not an issue although 400 words + usually work well.

Good luck with writing and earning on HP.

4. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

I think that writing hubs and getting lots of good content out there is the best thing to do first.  Trying to promote too much can sometimes be counterproductive.
    Two months is not going to produce much income. In my first two months I earned a little over $2., but I was not really looking for earnings.
    Don't expect too much too soon. Trying to figure out algorithms is not helpful, because they are constantly changing.
    Don't expect too much at first. "Do your best and flush the rest." You will learn little things as you go.

5. Cordale profile image70
    Cordaleposted 13 years ago

2 months in and I have 60$

1. deuxlai profile image61
      deuxlaiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

2 months i got around $23 from adsense and $16 from amazon.

2. profile image0
      TopUniverseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats. That was a good start.

6. schoolgirlforreal profile image75
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

I have alot of hubs, but I only used the keyword tool on some, so I guess I better get to that

7. thisisoli profile image75
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

Write a lot, thats by far the best way to earn on here. Just try and keep the quality up, and the content interesting, you should see an increase in earnings over time.

8. eculligan profile image68

I keep hearing that over time is key.  I am very new to the SEO thing so thanks for the good tips.

9. Purple Perl profile image48
    Purple Perlposted 13 years ago

Write what people are looking online for,in grammatically good English and write about various things and add quality backlinks to related hubs. Also stick to topics you are comfortable with and do your research well before you begin any hub.Spice up with your own pics and videos,serve up a great title using your keyword.Let your first paragraph contain keywords,and your tags are important too. Of course, the more quality hubs, the better the money. At the moment, forget looking up the earnings dashboard every day, and spend time creating quality hubs. Earnings are sure to follow! GOOD LUCK!

10. brettb profile image59
    brettbposted 13 years ago

Humans generally get better at doing stuff over time.

I started in February. Pretty much all my new hubs are successful now as I know exactly what to write about. My February hubs are now hitting #1 for juicy keywords. I write elsewhere as well, but my online income is growing at ~8% a month.

I've had a few run-ins with the Hub god, but I am surprised at how much you can earn here.

11. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

Seems to me the more hubs I write the more I earn....

12. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Wayne just ignore AB. Your chain is being yanked. If you bother to read the posts by AB, you will note that he or she cannot consistently replay the same way that they type. The language changes from almost illegible to grammatically correct.

Just saying smile

Cheers there....I know a sockpuppet when we see one!!!!!

1. frogdropping profile image76
        frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

*nods*

You can't fool a Tyke like you can a Southern Softie lol

2. Fenixfan profile image78
        Fenixfanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've only been here 4 weeks and have found that the trending topics earn more google searches. I started writing on sports and such things as I knew. I created a halloween costume hub and bam adsense clicks every day. It may be boring and not fun for hubpage readers to read, but those are the ones that earn me money. Billions of people are researching halloween costumes, while it will be short lived, we have thanksgiving coming up and Christmas. Those are some ideas to the main topic of this forum. Sorry about putting this reply under yours waynet. haha. I didn't look before I clicked on reply and I had already went to far to delete. Guess I could have copied and pasted. Oh well...

13. Spacey Gracey profile image38
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Wayne - stop playing with the sock and get on with your work big_smile

I would love to join in but I've got laundry, cooking, then the school run so now I am HP cold-turkey til 7pm when the joyous moment of bed-time arrives.

While doing all my boring motherly duties I will have a good think about why my many many unpublished hubs have failed to generate me a single penny - I must really suck at this smile

Yeah I've got around 66 unpublished hubpages that are secretly earning me clicks and impressions and when it comes to payout I may win a new car!....shhhhhh don't tell anyone! big_smile

1. profile image0

I already told everybody that my article was on google before I appllied on hubpages to join. They accepted me but would not published my hub because it is too short and almost empty. I am learning the ropes like every one here on hubpages. I thought that my 1 unpublished hub on hubpages meant that it was unpublished even though my article is on google. Which means that people can still see my article which is license on JUNE 6, 2010 and that is where my impressions are coming from. I am not selling anything on google and all my money will come from my 1 article that I wrote and is not published on hubpages because it is too short and almost empty. That should clear things up for you but if not , oh well that's life. Thank you.

Clear as mud.

An almost empty hub that was "licensed" (?????) is earning boatloads of money.

I do not know if you are confused or worse but nothing you say makes sense.

1. profile image0

I do not know. All that I know is that I see page impressions on my google adsense and I am getting lots of impressions and my estimated earnings is at 0 but the potential is there to make money if it keeps growing like it is now. Thank you.

I suspect that you are very, very confused about something.

You seem very paranoid also.  That may come from your confusion, of course : if you mistakenly believe something about Google or HP, that misunderstanding could lead you to think that you need to protect something.

It might help us help you jf you explained exactly why you think you need to leave this miracle hub unpublished.  Just explain in your own words how you think you are helping yourself and perhaps we can help you to a better understanding. 

I realize that you are fearful of revealing something. You don't need to do that, just tell us what you think might happen if you did.

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
          Barbara Kayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you are enjoying posting and playing with everyone's minds.

1. Barbara Kay profile image74
            Barbara Kayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If it is doing so well, why don't you publish it and make some really good money?

14. Spacey Gracey profile image38
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

But seriously - you don't have any published hubs under this account.

1. profile image0
      rhtrulesposted 13 years agoin reply to this
    2. profile image0

Right no published hubs under the account in hubpages. My article is on google where I put it there before I joined hubpages. On google I am not selling anything where my license article is at and where people can see it. I did not meet the standard with hubpages for my 122 word count. Thank you.

What do you mean by on google? Google doesn't let you write articles - it finds articles on other sites and shows them to searchers....

15. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

Real person here. 

I started at HP on May 30th of 2010 and made my first Adsense penny on June 1st.  Since then I have earned another $46.96 as of this morning.

The 170 hubs I have were created over the time here  although I did push harder in the first three months.

I announce most (but not all) hubs on Facebook or Twitter or both. When it makes sense to link an article from something I have at my main web site or to link from HP to an article there, I might do that, but it is not common.

I do interlink related articles here at HP  through groups and through direct references.

I don't use SheToldMe or any of the others commonly mentioned here.

I am known and thoroughly disliked for my opinion that gaming search engines by creating backlinks is reprehensible.  I absolutely refuse to get into another pig fight about that, so if someone challenges me about that and you notice that I do not respond, that is why.

At my main web site, I have many thousands of articles created over almost two decades. That site went up in 1997 and gets appx 250,000 pageviews monthly and earns what you'd expect for that volume.  As that tends to be a more techie site, I may not  bother to Twitter or FB new posts - it depends on the subject matter and my mood.  Google still finds them and the really good ones pick up true organic backlinks from all over the world.

There are people who can consistently nail popular content. I'm not one of them, though in fairness popularity is never my target.  I get lucky every now and then and create a money maker - without promotion, without fakery, without buying links, trading links or doing anything more than writing my page and setting it free.

So, yes, making more hubs is a way to make more money. Even my worst hubs make some money, and quanity does make it add up.

If you can write Everyman and Evergreen, you can make money without quantity - and without  trickery.  I can't do that, but you might be able to or at least might be better at it than I.  If, like me, you prefer to write what you want to write when you want to write it, your success may well depend upon prolific output.

16. SuziGravenstuk profile image60
    SuziGravenstukposted 13 years ago

Stellar outlook and attitude! You are an excellent role model.

17. kazemaru2 profile image60
    kazemaru2posted 13 years ago

A hub with a marketable topic is what gets adsense profits

18. John Holden profile image60
    John Holdenposted 13 years ago

Ambassador Butler, why not tell us how to find your hub so we can learn from it and add a few impressions to bring you even closer to your first pay out?

1. profile image0

Thank you but I can not do that to protect my adsense account with hubpages. Just be patient and it will eventually get around for every one to see.

1. Cobrafan profile image78
        Cobrafanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Protect your Adsense account? Publish one of your hubs, I'll tell you exactly what your Adsense account's code is.  There's no protecting your account code.

Thanks Ambassador for giving me advise on how to make money without publishing a hub.

Ambassador is either a troll or a sock puppet or something I can't say without getting banned.

1. darkside profile image59
              darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't say he was either. But I suspect they're scoring high on the NFI meter.

NFI?

I have no freaking idea what he might have meant.

But I'm betting on confusion.  A basic misunderstanding somewhere that has escalated to this.

19. eculligan profile image68

Thanks Lily Rose!  This is exciting stuff when hearing it from real people who publish hubs and earn money.  I'll keep writing hubs and wait for the payout.

20. C.V.Rajan profile image58
    C.V.Rajanposted 13 years ago

In web content writing (for money) it is quantity rather than quality that pays.

1. Lily Rose profile image84

I think the two go hand in hand - quantity definitely, but they also have to be quality.

1. Fenixfan profile image78
        Fenixfanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know I'm a rookie here and my opinion may not go far, but I have written 40 hubs within a 4 week period. I was under the assumption that more hubs more money. I have quickly learned that is not the case. You can have 100 crappy hubs that produce views, but nobody is worried about clicking on an ad or anything. Most of your hits will be look n go views if the content is not interesting. I have already noticed that my higher quality hubs get more clicks.

The others basically just take away from your adsense earnings. We get paid per 1000 impressions. The clicks are averaged into a percentage. If you have 100 impressions a day but only 1 click, you aren't doing so hot. For this reason I unpublished a couple of my hubs because even though they got good views, there were hit and go hubs, killing my adsense earnings. Like I say I'm no genius, but if you have 100 hubs, you will get 100 views per day, but how many of those will provide clicks?

1. Lily Rose profile image84

That's where keyword research comes into play - to help you figure out what people are actually searching for...

21. CASE1WORKER profile image60
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

I have spent some time debating and think the title of the hub is "the emperor's new clothes" we all know the tale, the king is tricked into buying a new suit that only he can see when in fact it is not actually there!
    so join me in my miopia and celebrate this wonderful achievement of a hub that is so special that it is reaching payout within four months, all on its own and not even published.

22. profile image49
    mkcbishopposted 13 years ago

I have looked for the keyword stuff, where do i find it?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Try the search box. Search in hubs, site, or help to start with.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)