Okay, this is just TOO weird!

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (53 posts)
  1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I was reading about the fate of the Donner party recently, and I somehow ended up on a site about cannibalism. I was shocked to discover that there are actually people who want to be killed and consumed by other humans. They put personal ads in periodicals seeking potential killers-consumers. I totally don't understand this fantasy, and believe me, I'm very open-minded about fantasies.

1. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 13 years agoin reply to this

this leaves a bad taste in my mouth smile

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lololol!!!!

But...how do you know??

2. bgamall profile image68
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It must be an advanced form of masochism. Pass the salt. smile Just kidding about a really disturbing darkside.

3. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There's Donner, and then there's Dahmer - two different sides to the same disturbing coin.   lol

1. habee profile image93

And don't forget Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, and the rest! lol

1. Lisa HW profile image62
          Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...but do you recall

the most famous cannibal over all?   lol     (Maybe those Donner if those Donner folks had had a few glowing noses in the bunch, the story would have ended better....)  (OK, the temptation for, shall we say, tasteless jokes is just too high here.   hmm  )

4. RealityBomb profile image61
      RealityBombposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As a fantasy its rather shocking to say the least but it doesn't surprise me at all. Human beings are capable of immense compassion and love while at the same time being capable of incredible cruelty and evil. How diverse we are! Almost a paradox some would say.

I'm not fully informed about the Donner Party but I think we'd all be surprised with what we would be prepared to eat if our very survival depended on it.

It's a fascinating subject, probably a psychiatrists wet dream. Imagine if we were all brought up to eat our dead rather than bury or cremate them, it wouldn't appear so horrific then, instead we would consider it the most natural thing in the world. I don't approve of cannibalism but it is only our social conditioning that makes us think its evil and disgusting, yet eating a cow or a pig is not.

1. Anesidora profile image60
        Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good point. Annoying point, but a good one.

Since democrats are nuthin' fit to eat, how about we start with some good old, all-american, home grown republicans?

I'll start the fire.

After that I'll brew up a nice warm tea.

1. RealityBomb profile image61
            RealityBombposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ha Ha Ha
            Indeed!

Just so long as I can have a leg. lol

5. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is this sight actually being used to apply for being cannibalized? And if so how much does it cost, and do you accept credit cards?

1. William R. Wilson profile image60
        William R. Wilsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Can you volunteer others to be cannibalized?

2. Dale Mazurek profile image64
    Dale Mazurekposted 13 years ago

Ok, I am with you.  This is just too weird and I too am open to hearing about fantasies.  This is a couple steps too far over the edge for me though.

Dale

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

..yea, i heard about that....pretty weird, eh?....i started to watch some flic from Germany I think, that was all about that....didn't watch it all....it was just too weird....

1. adrienne2 profile image67
      adrienne2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Eeeeewwwl how gross is that? I have heard about cannibalism, but the part about people wanting to be killed and consumed is way beyond crazy.  I dont think it even belongs in the fantasy catagory.

4. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Its not exactly a rinse and repeat type of fantasy - you would only get the one shot at it and once you were dead would you know anything about the being eaten bit anyway?  Far too weird!!!

1. habee profile image93

True! I guess it would be THE fantasy of a lifetime.

5. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Mind you is the person who answers the ad - the one who's fantasy is to do the killing and eating - even weirder???? (and probably criminally insane!)

1. habee profile image93

Right! Yes, potential cannibals answer the ads. Most, however, refuse to kill and eat any clowns - they taste funny.

6. SandyMcCollum profile image62
    SandyMcCollumposted 13 years ago

That old clown joke was one of my favorites Habee! smile

This is a grotesque subject, but it doesn't surprise me anymore. Some people are just getting so weird.

1. habee profile image93

Hi, Sandy! Were humans always this weird, and we didn't realize it because we didn't have the internet??

7. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 13 years ago

I think it's a desire to be internalized, and possible even reborn.  Robinson Jeffers wrote a poem about a Vulture that sort of touches on what I bet is part of it, even if not all the glorified humanity (like the bird gets):

Vulture
    I had walked since dawn and lay down to rest on a bare hillside
    Above the ocean. I saw through half-shut eyelids a vulture wheeling high up in heaven,
    And presently it passed again, but lower and nearer, its orbit narrowing, I understood then
    That I was under inspection. I lay death-still and heard the flight-feathers
    Whistle above me and make their circle and come nearer.
    I could see the naked red head between the great wings
    Bear downward staring. I said, "My dear bird, we are wasting time here.
    These old bones will still work; they are not for you." But how beautiful he looked, gliding down
    On those great sails; how beautiful he looked, veering away in the sea-light over the precipice. I tell you solemnly
    That I was sorry to have disappointed him.
    To be eaten by that beak and become part of him, to share those wings and those eyes--
    What a sublime end of one's body, what an enskyment; what a life after death.

8. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 13 years ago

I remember the case of Armin Meiwes, the German cannibalist. He's now serving a life prison sentence for murder ... the case is too sick to describe here.
    I don't think this 'fantasy' is one many people can understand, and I, for one, don't want to understand it.
    Almost as weird are those people who long to have a perfectly healthy limb amputated.

9. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

Well, even Jesus said to eat his flesh and drink of his blood. That disgusted some of his followers. LOL what about that guy in Europe a few years back that ate that guy he met online?

1. camlo profile image84
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That must have been Armin Meiwes.

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It weren't Jeffry Dahlmer, he had to force it. LOL Don't recall his name, you maybe right.

10. timorous profile image82
    timorousposted 13 years ago

Well, as they say...there's no accounting for taste lol

11. richtwf profile image61
    richtwfposted 13 years ago

I remember reading an article about this subject a few years back and only last year I think, they showed a documentary about an incident where a man agreed to be killed and eaten. I think the victim also partook in eating some of his own cooked parts. Very sick and twisted but what possesses such people to do these things?

12. Money Glitch profile image62
    Money Glitchposted 13 years ago

Wow, I like to think that I'm open-minded as well Habee!  But, this idea is going to be filed on the pile of "I don't comprehend and will not be trying to understand" smile

Just goes to show anything that you can think of, dream of, fantasize can be found online.

13. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

I've instructed my wife to have my remains ground into cat food.

14. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

I hope this thread dies before my Thanksgiving dinner is served. LOL

15. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years ago

A novelty song written about the Donner party made fun of 'Publicans and Democrats and how neither would be good eating. It was played regularly on the Dr. Demento radio show.  I can't recall the lyrics, except the last line -

"But them gol' darn Democrats ain't nothin' fit to eat"

Happy Thanksgiving

16. coolbreeze profile image42
    coolbreezeposted 13 years ago

As society becomes more transparent I believe that we will see more of this sort of crap. What is amazing to me is with all this available information that the general population is still in the dark about many things.

17. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 13 years ago

I've heard it tastes like pork, but I don't actually know from experience ...

1. RedElf profile image89
      RedElfposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Some cannibals used to refer humans as "long pig"

18. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years ago

The smell of cauterized flesh keeps me from even considering the option.

19. Urbane Chaos profile image90
    Urbane Chaosposted 13 years ago

I just watched a documentary on the Donner Party last night.. I still can't help but wondering, after all that time being out in the cold without anything to eat, did they at least have any ketchup packets to go with that stringy meat?

A'ight, seriously.. I don't think that this is really a new thing at all.  I remember reading once that the ancient Egyptians did about the same thing.  I'm sure that there's always been a certain amount of the population that's into that.  I don't understand it, but I guess I wasn't meant to.

Still, with absolutely everything be publicized now, it seems like it's happening a lot more.  I mean, hell, there are performers that want to get up on stage and commit suicide.  It's probably happening the same as it always has, but it's more "in your face" now.  I don't get it, but I doubt that it'll ever go away.

20. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

But funerals are getting so expensive . . .

On another side, I once saw a documentary about tribal groups that practiced cannabalism-- To them, they felt they were honoring the memory of their enemies and keeping their essence alive in themselves by consuming them.

1. timorous profile image82
      timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Except that much of the "essence" is excreted some time later. big_smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Essence is not material.

21. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Wow.  That's a new kind of weirdness I hadn't heard of before.  (Think I'd rather not learn more about it, though.   lol  )  A few years ago I made the mistake of watching the PBS thing on the Donner Party.  I had a rough idea about the story (that they had a "rough time", and all that); but I didn't know where the otherwise "regular" story was going to be heading.  Once I was already watching, I kept right on watching - and was kind of sorry I had.   hmm  Talk about horrendously, horrendously, depressing and mind-boggling.   hmm

(Good thing this thread showed up after Thanksgiving, eh?   smile  )  (Oops - I now see it did.  Oh well, I didn't see if before my own Thanksgiving anyway.)

22. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

I'm a strict vegetarian  smile

23. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Advertising for cannibals wanting to eat you is really too sick.

Yeah it makes me feel all normal inside.

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL! I'm not at all surprised.  With all the things there are to eat, only a republican would satisfy.

24. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

You guys need to watch, 'Cannibal! the Musical' by Matt Stone and Trey Parker.

Cannibal! The Musical is the true story of the only person convicted of cannibalism in America - Alferd Packer (according to Colorado lore.). The sole survivor of an ill-fated trip to the Colorado Territory, he tells his side of the harrowing tale to news reporter Polly Pry as he awaits his execution. And his story goes like this: While searching for gold and love in the Colorado Territory, he and his companions lost their way and resorted to unthinkable horrors, including toe-tapping songs!

"All Singing! All Dancing! All Flesh Eating!"

"In the tradition of Friday the 13th Part II and Oklahoma!, comes the first intelligent film about cannibalism."

"Lost without food, they must turn to the ultimate horror...EATING EACH OTHER...and, of course, SINGING and DANCING!"

25. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

There are a lot of fantasies created with mental illness. Some of them are apparent in these forums, as well.

wink

1. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Uh.... Like what?

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Answering that question is the fasted way to being banned hmm

26. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

There also are people with a fantasy of having a limb hacked off. Maybe it's not a fantasy but rather a very strange fetish.

I have heard reports of people going through with it, hiring others to saw off an arm or leg.

No, I don't know why I know all these strange things. I guess I just love to learn about what is out there. The things I know,,,,,hmm

27. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

I *heart* cannibals -- as long as they are fine and young lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF8998NO … re=related

28. William R. Wilson profile image60
    William R. Wilsonposted 13 years ago

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)