Back indefinitely...

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (59 posts)
  1. dohn121 profile image80
    dohn121posted 12 years ago

Since I do have a little bit of time nowadays, I'm going to do my best to make a return.  If Lazarus can do it, why can't donh121?  I've miss all you guys big_smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image78
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi dohn...missed you too.

dohn121posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great to see you UW!!!  I hope all's well smile

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Welcome back dohn good to cya again my friend smile

It's great to SEE you, Eaglekiwi big_smile  There are so many familiar faces here wink

3. Acheolis profile image60
      Acheolisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Welcome back! smile

Thank you!  It's good to be back.

4. emievil profile image68
      emievilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This was 2 days ago and I've only seen it now?!!!!! need to spend more time here in the forums smile.

Welcome back dohn! Guess we'll be writing hubs side by side again smile. Just closed my firm and I'm hoping to write more hubs in November and December.

I was hoping you would stop in!  It's so good to hear from you, buddy!  Closing your dad's firm must have been bitter sweet.  I know of course  the struggles you've endured since taking it over.  I hope to hear that you made a wise decision in doing so.  Yes, I hope to write like I used to in the upcoming months as well.  I'm  sure that it will be like riding a bike big_smile  Again, great to see you, emievil!!!

2. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

Welcome back, dohn121!  It's good to see folks returning to HP.

Thanks Aficionada!  It's great seeing so many familiar faces.

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Welcome Back! smile

You were definitely the first to notice!  Thanks again!

4. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Yay! Welcome back!

Hey habee!!!  How are things?  It's good to be home big_smile

5. Laura du Toit profile image74
    Laura du Toitposted 12 years ago

Welcome back - there are still a few of your two year old Hubbers around. smile

Hello Laura.  Yeah, I can't believe it's already been two years hmm  Although I have been gone for like a year, so...In any case, it's good to be back.  I gotta get back to writing some hubs again!

6. TamCor profile image80
    TamCorposted 12 years ago

Welcome back, dohn!  big_smile

HI Tammy!  How's Tom?  I hope the family's doing well.  Thanks for that wink

7. livewithrichard profile image70
    livewithrichardposted 12 years ago

Good to see you back Dohn.  2 years later and I still haven't made it to Lake Placid for some skiing, maybe this is the year.  Hope all has been well with you and your writing.  Things are looking up for me.

It's great to be back Rich!  About Lake Placid--that makes two of us tongue And just like you, I might be able to make it this year.  Love to see the snow bunnies hopping around!  I haven't really writing as of late but I hope to remedy that now the holidays are coming up $  It sounds like you're doing well.  I could sure use some of your advice as always if you're up to it.

8. Shalini Kagal profile image55
    Shalini Kagalposted 12 years ago

Hello stranger! It's great to see you back smile

Hi Shalini!  It's great to hear from you!  I hope I can muster up some more hubs to share.  There's no place like home, right? smile

9. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

So glad you are back! smile

Hello J!  How are things?  We got some catching up to do, eh?

10. wordscribe43 profile image91
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

Hi dohn!  Welcome back, I've been wondering where you are.  Now stay this time.

In regards to what I've been doing, I guess life just happened smile I'll do my best!  How are you?

11. manlypoetryman profile image80
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

Well...looky who just showed back up...will ya'?

http://yesteryearsnews.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/farmer_strw_hat-1910.jpg

One of the Hubber Ol' Timers!

Hahaha!  You always manage to associate the best pics with any given situation MPM!  Yes, we old farts just don't know how to stay away!  It's great to see you, sir!

12. MPG Narratives profile image60
    MPG Narrativesposted 12 years ago

Welcome back dohn, glad to see an "oldie" return. You've been missed.

Thank you, MPGN.  Yes, I've been away but apparently not forgotten smile

13. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 12 years ago

Hey there Dohn!  Glad to see you back!  I don't get on as much as I'd like these days myself.

Hello KCC!!!  It's great to hear from you!  I was thinking about you, you know that?  Did you go to Sin City?  I really hope you did.  I'd like to hear about it whenever you get a chance big_smile

14. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

Nice to see you back Dohn. I thought maybe you were now a famous author signing books somewhere. big_smile

big_smile  It's good to see you too!  Hello rebekah...Well, I really do believe that it's still in the cards.  I  haven't yet finished the rewrite, but I am  going to force myself to at gunpoint if it comes to that, hahaha.  I'll  definitely let you and everyone else at HP know if and when I do!

15. rmcrayne profile image92
    rmcrayneposted 12 years ago

dohn so very very glad to hear from you!  I check in most days at HP, but have only written 10-12 hubs in the last 12 months.  "Real life" got in the way for me too. I'd love to churn out some more hubs, but still pretty tied up with work and other obligations. Anywho, glad you're back.

Hey Rose Marie!  It's great to hear from you too!  10 or 12 Hubs in the last 12 months, eh?!  Well that's 10 or 12 more hubs than I did in the last 12 months!!!  I certainly can empathize with you.  I was a  HP addict who went through withdrawal, recovery, and then complete HP free...Now, I'm back getting a nice healthy dose/fix!!!

16. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

One of my fav author is back...DOHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!YAY!~

Hello Maita!!!  It's great to see you.  I was hoping we'd bump into each other sooner rather than later.  How have you been?  As far me be one of your favorite authors?  Right back at ya' babe big_smile

BTW, great game vs. the Patriots!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Am just glad you're back Eli,,,este Dohn, am good, little bit busy and I am still here.

Hope Steelers can beat the Ravens, wish...

17. maven101 profile image72
    maven101posted 12 years ago

Hey Dohn...Great to see you back on HubPages...You always represented what was best about HubPages: Friendly, supportive, articulate, always respond to comments, fair-minded, and a great sense of humor, never taking yourself too serious...great to have you back, my friend...Larry

Thank you Larry.  That was very kind of you to say that.  Believe me when I say that I missed everyone here at HubPages whilst I was away.  And although I was gone, it's nice to know that I wasn't forgotten.  HubPages and its legion of Hubbers has certainly put an indelible stamp on me and for that, I am grateful. 

It was great to hear from you!

18. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

That was a looong year, dohn - glad to have you back (officially)! big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

Gone but apparently not forgotten big_smile  Thanks, RedElf.  Yes, it was a long year, but I hope to stay as long as possible!

19. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 12 years ago

indefinitely |inˈdefənitlē|
    adverb
    for an unlimited or unspecified period of time

are any of us here for anything but indefinitely;)

I have 2 things to say about the OP

1- Don is baaaccckk smile

2- Eli's coming!
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5702354_f248.jpg

xoxo

Ha!  You always know just what to do and say Shari.  Gotta love Eli in the 2 minute drill and in the 4th quarter.  He's got a 119 QB rating in the 4th QTR.  All the haters can scratch, but there's only one "Manning" on the Gridiron these days.  Love the cheer leading, hon big_smile  Go Giants!!!

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
        Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Dohn. So good to feel your positive energy back in force!
        Little Eli -- love him!!

It's great to hear from you MM.  I was hoping I'd bump into you in the HP hallway wink  The Force is stronger in you big_smile

20. Paradise7 profile image69
    Paradise7posted 12 years ago

Welcome Back, Kotter, I mean, Dohn.  Love it!!  Wondered where you dropped off to.

Hey Paradise.  My explanation for my hiatus is simply work.  I'm now at a great job and am doing well.  I just got the urge enough to come back to HP as I couldn't bear to be away anymore.  I guess you could say that I'm going back to my "roots."  I can't wait to really be Hubbing again (at full strength).

21. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 12 years ago

DOHN!!!!  Welcome back!!!  smile  I've missed you!!!!  xox

Life's happening for me too.... not around too much alas the reason why it took me 5 (?!?!!!) days to notice your thread!!  Hey, but I did notice!!!  smile

Glad you're back!!  You're giving me more reason to come back whenever I have a spare moment.  smile  YIPPEE!!!!!  smile

It's great to see you too, Beth100!  I've missed you too.  It's always great to be given a welcome home party!  I'd love to know what you been up to these days big_smile  I'll always come back to you wink

Oh, great bikini BTW smilesmilesmile

1. Beth100 profile image70
        Beth100posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm gonna hold you to it!!!  smile

Just checking in for a sec, but I'll try to email you this week.  Been too long since we chatted!!!  Glad to hear the "new" job is going well.  smile

xox

22. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 12 years ago

http://www.coolgraphic.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Welcome-Back-Graphic-for-Myspace-2.jpg 

Its so good to see you!!!    smile   Sorry it took me so long to find this, Ive been away.

I was just thinking about you this past week, DM...The world sure works in mysterious ways.  Of course it's great to see and hear from you.  Email me if you want to talk, okay?  I hope everything's okay in your world smile  Thank you for coming by to say hello big_smile

23. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 12 years ago

Welcome back friend...now I can enter the forums again smile

Ha!  It's great to see you again, mtsi1098!  Please come by anytime big_smile

24. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

Eli, este Dohn Congrats.. you did it again..that's a nice game against Patriots..

25. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 12 years ago

welcome back. I am not on as much these days.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)