jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How do you feel about daylight savings time?

1. sandwichmom profile image54
    sandwichmomposted 8 years ago

How do you feel about daylight savings time?

2. Dark knight rides profile image73
    Dark knight ridesposted 8 years ago

I spent 26 years living in Arizona, where they don't do DST. Then I moved to Colorado two years ago, and I still haven't gotten used to it. Turns out I hate it.

3. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

Daylight savings time is just another government screw-up.  Just another cut (intrusion) in the death of the thousand cuts they are inflicting on us.  Of course, there is always someone for it, whether it's those worried about "the children" or environmental wackos worried about "energy".  And their arguments have been countered.  But no matter, why should common sense rule in this case any more than in thousands of others?

Here's a thought -- how about EVERYONE use 24-hour UDT (UNADJUSTED Greenwich mean time), and state their business hours by that, regardless of country or state?  Yeah,  know -- it'll never happen.

4. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

I'm in Australia, and I love Daylight Savings, it means I can come home from the office at the end of the day and still have some time out in the sunshine, to do gardening, or visit the beach.  In winter, when time changes, by the time I come home from work it's dark!

5. pippap profile image87
    pippapposted 8 years ago

I hate it!!  Set the time and leave it as that all year long.

6. GNelson profile image78
    GNelsonposted 8 years ago

It makes no sense in the modern world.  I don’t like the change.  Pick one and leave it alone!

7. homesteadbound profile image88
    homesteadboundposted 6 years ago

What is daylight saving time? When was it established? What are some of the benefits and consequences of daylight saving time? The answers may surprise you. read more

8. Michele Travis profile image71
    Michele Travisposted 6 years ago

It is strange.  I think for some reason it originally was created so farmers could work later in the day.  But, I think it is wrong.  It does not work.  We should go back to normal hours. Did you know on the first day of daylight savings time there are more accidents in this country?  I don't know how many or the percentage, but daylight savings time should stop.

working