jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Why do kids lie to their parents?

1. celeb_prankster profile image58
    celeb_pranksterposted 6 years ago

Why do kids lie to their parents?

2. HSanAlim profile image66
    HSanAlimposted 6 years ago

Children follow examples they see. If a child sees one parent lie to the other or to someone else, that behavior appears to be okay.

Do as I say and not as I do does not work when raising children.

3. moiragallaga profile image82
    moiragallagaposted 6 years ago

Because kids are smart. They get curious and like to figure things out, lying to their parents is part of the process. Kids will challenge their parents, test the limits and see what they can get away with. It is up to you to make sure they understand that it will not be to their benefit to lie to you, or to others for that matter.

4. jacqui2011 profile image84
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I think it is a phase that they go through. Maybe they feel they want the challenge or see how far they can push you. My daughter went through quite a rebellious stage in her life and thankfully she is back to "normal" now. A lot of it might be down to the company they keep outside of the home or sometimes they can lie to see just how much they can get away with.

5. jkselections profile image57
    jkselectionsposted 6 years ago

Kids lie to their parents usually to see what they can get away with and they think that their parents don't need to know everything that they are doing.

6. FaithDream profile image81
    FaithDreamposted 6 years ago

Sometimes they lie because they don't want to get into trouble. Children lie for various reasons at different ages, for example a smaller child may lie to test their parent. A teenager on the other hand may lie to avoid getting into trouble.
    Most kids will lie to their parents at some point in their life, it's part of gaining their independance.

7. Monisajda profile image73
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

They are afraid of consequences. If they do something that they know is not going to go well with parents they choose to lie.

8. Obscure_Treasures profile image53
    Obscure_Treasuresposted 6 years ago

Great question asked.Kids generally lie to get rid of scolding.A younger one might be not telling the truth to draw attention or even affection.Bt the elder ones generally do so when they are crestfallen

9. Abhaque Supanjang profile image80
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 6 years ago

Everything comes from the way of their parents in bringing them up; if they often see their parents lie, they will also do it; if their parents often force them to say something that they do not like, they will lie. The condition also will occur if the kids' friends are liars.

working