Who pays for ads that has 100 Hubberscore?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (94 posts)
  1. bgamall profile image68
    bgamallposted 13 years ago

Do you guys who have 100 hubscores pay for ads for a site that leads to hubpages or hubpages themselves? And how do you do this?

Also, June seems slow, can't remember if that is how things worked last year.

1. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do not pay for ads for any of my sites, HubPages or otherwise.

bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah but you are amazing. I am talking about mortals, Relache. BTW thanks for answering.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would never pay for ads that lead to HubPages.  The earnings potential of just one Hub isn't enough to justify it.

Remember that each Hub is a single web page and when the reader arrives here, he is faced with lots of invitations to visit other pages that are not mine.  And the ads displayed are not always mine, either.  The chances of him clicking on one of HubPages's ads instead of mine, or going to another Hub without clicking any of my ads, are quite high.

Whereas if I pay for ads that lead to my website, the only links inviting my reader lead to other pages on my site, or to a place where I can make money.  Not that I've ever done that either - but if I was going to get into it, that would be my target.

Right Marisa, but do you pay for a sight that has links to Hubpages and who do you pay and how do you do it?

1. Marisa Wright profile image85

No, I don't do any paid advertising.  I've been told many times that there are enough free avenues that paid advertising shouldn't be necessary.

Mind you, I'm not necessarily a good example to follow. My highest paid Hub has made less than $200 in two years, and some of my Hubs have made nothing. 

I've always thought of paid advertising as something you'd do for an actual product, not for a mere article. Retail products with 100% markup can give you enough profit per sale to give you a decent return on investment - articles don't.

Bgamall, if you're trying to increase your earnings, then my main suggestion would be to stop writing about topical subjects and start writing about evergreen ones, as HubPages always suggests.

Traffic to a HubPage keeps building over time - some of my best earning Hubs are the oldest. If you write on something too topical, it will be stale long before it's reached anywhere near its potential.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
            Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's how I've always thought of ads, too.  I think that's why the question struck me as odd (at least as far as articles-type writing goes).   Also, I'm just too wary of a lot of things that tell people if they pay x they'll get whatever (related to their writing).  A lot of stuff that's offered is against Google terms anyway, but even if that were a factor, there are a lot of free things people can do to increase traffic. Any big earners I have have become that pretty much on their own.  It does bother me that if I did a shred of something to boost their traffic they'd probably amount to really, really, good money; but then another part of me just wonders if they've reached their peaks or traffic potential anyway.  None of them is all that great a Hub, as far as I can see.  lol

3. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope!  Not much backlinking.  No blogs either!  Don't know how I get ranked as 100!

smile

4. Dorsi profile image88
      Dorsiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Never paid for ads. Used to be scoring around 98-100 but I've "
      backslid" to 94-97 lol

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

I've had hundreds a few times. Never paid for anything and don't actively seek backlinks. In short, I don't know what I'm doing.

1. wyanjen profile image70
      wyanjenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile
      You are a natural talent

2. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL... and just by being natural with high quality content is deserving of a 100 authorscore big_smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
        Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I usually think my hubs could be better.
        And if you are interested in earning, what Nelle says is true. Only the bottom line is important.

3. Amanda Severn profile image93
      Amanda Severnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ditto!

3. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Just as a matter of interest, are you referring to one's own Hubber score like you mention in the title of your thread, or do you mean one's individual hub score like you mention in your opening paragraph?  They are two different things.  However, without needing to know which you mean, I can tell you the answer is the same for both.  I've been fortunate enough to have a 100 hubber score and a 100 hub score on multiple hubs.  And no, we don't pay for anything.  All of it is built around algorithms that aren't meant to be figured out.

Do your very best on every single article, learn all you can from the experts and every now and then you get lucky.  That's it in a nutshell.

Ones own hubber score.

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

Are you talking about a PPC campaign for Google Adwords?

No, too expensive.

5. profile image0
    ryankettposted 13 years ago

My first thoughts echo those of Nelle. As it is against AdSense TOS to send AdWords or other PPC traffic to a page featuring AdSense Ads, I believe they consider it Arbitrage.

Yes, the landing page has to be void of adsense.

2. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

false

Our discussion is below for readers.

6. profile image0

A Hubscore is not an indication of the Hub's earning power either. Several "100" Hubbers with Hubscores of "100" have had trouble making money, and have been quite public about it. Many are no longer here, so I won't go into it again.

Not to say lots of "100" Hubbers aren't making a great living either!

PPC is fraught with danger and as Marissa points out, HP is defintely not a place to do it.

Of course, you can't ppc a hubpage because of the adsense on it. I am talking about paying for other ads on webpages or social bookmarks or the like. And I am talking about paying for pages that link to hubpages or maybe for hubpages as well.

7. profile image0

So your talking about paying for links to pages. Nope never done it anywhere. I live and die by organic search results.

Ok Nelle, do you get Hubpage traffic from your other sites and how good is that traffic? And do you SEO the other sites and submit to bookmarks manually?

Just trying to get a feel for your approach.

Also why do you hide your accolades on your profile page?

One more thing, I have been to Sandwich, East Sandwich, Hyannis, and more on Cape Cod and have fond memories of the place.

8. profile image0

Bgamall here is your answers. Until recently I had about 55 sites and I just added 20 more in the past few weeks. They are full-fledged sites that also have a wordpress blog. They are heavily seo'd and targeted to specific topics, niches and keywords.

The last 20 sites I added are all ebay and amazon sites that complement my hubpages niches. And to develop niches I want to keep private. They are designed to stand alone if HP disappears. These sites provide massive backlinks to my hubs.

I have 5 sites that are almost 10 years old, that have no affiliate links, products, or adsense. I've added content to them at least twice a week for all that time. They are on different topics so I can usually find a link that works to a new site. A few links from them and a site gets traffic pretty quickly. But I severely limit the number of outward links - these are saved for emergencies.

I don't submit any of my sites to anything. I don't play the facebook game or any of that stuff. I've never been to Digg. And have decided that shetoldme and sites similar to that are pretty useless. I think someday soon, google will see them for the link farms that they are and penalize sites with links from them. (Note to self - remember to take off shetoldme and redgage links off if I can - I got swept up in an HP enthusiasm which I now regret.)

Even if no traffic comes directly to my hubs from these sites, the backlinks increase their standing in the search engines so they rise and get their own traffic.

My traffic on hubpages is very targeted to people who are ready to buy something, so I get far less traffic than many others here.

Oh I hide my accolades because they are no body's business but mine. I'm not even thrilled about my hubber score being public. Generally I try to ignore them. The only numbers I take really seriously are google traffic and money in the bank. 

So that's me in a nutshell. I'm glad you have fond memories of CC.

Thanks Nellie, for the info.

Oh, and Nelle, do you know Dennis Aubrey? He was a college roomate of mine.

2. Marisa Wright profile image85

Thanks Nelle, I'm fascinated!

3. profile image0

Again... all about quality content that is useful and natural - targeted to people who want the products that she has recommended.  Thanks Nell smile

4. hypnodude profile image61
      hypnodudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nelle, given that you are one of the two, or three hubbers who make serious and real money on HP surely you know your business, and these advices are pretty worthy. But there is one thing I don't really understand: given that we have no control over outside links to our hubs, anyone can read a hub and use the blog this button, how can it be that Google penalizes hubs for bad links if we are not the ones who did it? I know big G. would have no problem in doing it, given the average respect it has for publishers, but do you really think we could be penalized for something someone else did? smile

9. profile image0

Sorry, I don't know Dennis - does he live in Sandwich?

He was CEO of Woods Hole. I think his brother started the company. He also used to be in the film business and won an emmy in 1984 for the Los Angeles olympics. I never thought he would leave SoCal.

Sorry, I meant, he won the emmy for the commercial for the LA olympics.

2. profile image0

Sandwich?  Only ham and mustard please *wink* (sorry, couldnt resist it!).

smile

10. profile image0

Do you mean the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution? My husband worked there for six years in the Deep Submergence Lab, but the name doesn't sound familiar. When was he there?

I thought he was still there but not sure.

11. profile image0

Just googled him. He runs the Woods Hole Group not WHOI. And yes, he's still there!

Oh, didn't know the difference! Thanks for the info Nelle. smile

12. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Now that you've struck up the Woods Hole Oceanographic thing, not sure if you're still interested in if anyone pays for anything or not smile, but anyway...

Your question really struck me as a weird one.  lol  I've hit 100 from time to time, and I have Hubs that have hit 100 from time to time.  I don't pay for anything and never have.  I have a bunch of free, half-baked, blogs that I've started setting up but haven't done more with them (for now) than use them as a way of organizing my writing by "theme".

I'm another one who pretty much didn't know what I was doing for my first 100/150 Hubs, and even though I sort of know what I'm doing now, I don't do it.  This is a casual type of thing for me, so there's only so much energy to spend doing on things other than writing.

I have such a big variety of Hubs, what any of them gets for traffic depends on the Hub.  I have my earners, my non-earners, my pretty-good-traffic ones, and my pretty-much-no-traffic ones (because they were in that first 100/150 when I didn't think there was potential to earn on here, so I didn't bother using keywords).  (I'll do something about them one day.)  Whether it's as a for-hire writer or as a hobby-writer, I'm not going pay anyone for anything.  I'm the one who gets paid.  Nobody has to pay to make money, as far as I can see.

You may be right Lisa, but then, Misha and others have been talking about inexpensive services for getting legitimate backlinks. There is a small fee. Just wondering how many 100 hubbers use those.

There's a big difference between paying for ads and paying for backlinks.

Ah, we are getting somewhere Marisa! What backlinks do you like over others???? As he waits with anticipation.

I didn't say I paid for backlinks.  I'm small beer in internet terms - I write in my niche because it's what I know, not because I've discovered any high-paying niches, so the cost of most backlink services would wipe out my profits fairly quickly!

If I were to use a backlinking service, I'd take the recommendations of Mark Knowles and Misha, because both are very successful so they've clearly found models that work.

Sounds good. Thanks.

13. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

I think that sometimes using adwords vouchers are sometimes used by hubbers as a way of promoting your hubs but someone mentioned that this goes against the tos of hubpages???

You cannot drive traffic to a hub using adwords if that hub has your adsense on it. That is the violation of Google TOS. The landing page has to be void of adsense ads.

1. sunforged profile image70

false - source?

14. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

My hubs don't get as much traffic as many but I have hit 100 several times. It's a combination of traffic, participation on the site.

I put links to my sites on my blogger blogs (both free) and on various social networks (again free). I would never think of paying for traffic.

Well Uninvited, certainly no one wants to pay for phony traffic. But some here do quite well paying for backlinks, Misha being one. He has hubs on the subject.

But some services may not be legit so while I am not plugging Misha's hubs, this may be quite useful. You did notice that he has over 1 million visitors but only has 20 hubs. No one else has that ratio here.

15. Ladybird33 profile image65
    Ladybird33posted 13 years ago

No, I have never paid for ads and yes, I have reached 100 a few times (want to more often then I do but that is up to me).  Hope all this helps!

16. bgamall profile image68
    bgamallposted 13 years ago

How many people use pligg sites and scuttle sights? You don't have to be 100 hubscore to post since most of them are a bit "timid". smile

One more thing. How many of these sites are legitimate and how many are not and how do you determine which is which?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I doubt people who depend on those sites have high Hubber scores.

The thing I wonder about, Uninvited, is what happens if we were to link, not a hubpage, but a page we have, to a site that gains popularity on search by black hat methods. In other words, what happens if you coattail on a black hat site? If you place a legitimate link on a website that you have no idea is cheating a search engine what is the fallout?

And does this have anything to do with Nelle's concern regarding sites like Redgage? I have no preconceived notions about this. I am trying to learn.

17. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

Having adsense on the landing page for an adwords campaign is 100% NOT against the terms of service for adwords or adsense.

Landing page guidelines:

https://adwords.google.com/support/aw/b … dtype=text

The popularity of the method has decreased over the years and specifically creating a landing page for arbitrage purposes would be unwelcome not because of adsense/adwords but because it would be a poor quality affiliate site.

PPC on adwords used to be less competitive and it was easier to bid low and still generate high value hits on the landing page, now, you better have your keyword research skills honed if you expect to turn a profit with that model

In short if you have a real page or real website filled with quality information that also has adsense on it and you use adwords to generate traffic then you are fine ...if you are intentionally making a thin "arbitrage" page your actions would not be appreciated.

So is adwords/adsense against TOS - absolutely not, actively attempting arbitrage - no good

Im surprised at many of the answers here - no references and citations at all!

I have heard of people banned for doing it. So, it is, you have to admit, Sunforged, a very fine line.

Its not so fine.

If you get it into your head that you want to use the arbitrage method because your read some 5 year old method on an Internet marketing site and you follow the concept to the the letter..

find keyword worth X amount of dollars
        - create crappy keyword rich content and place the biggest adsense ads front and center on the page

- bid on cheap clicks to get traffic to the page - the viewer will have nothing worth reading, so they will probably click away at an ad instead. As long as your keyword research was right - your .05 cent bids can equal +1 .00 clicks - a good profit percentage.

well then you would be intentionally creating an affiliate landing page of poor quality and trying to work the google system - its pretty hard to get one over on google

It would be clear what you are trying to do  - on the Adwords side worst case scenario your campaign gets cancelled, if the site is seen as an MFA then you may be bringing some bad attention to your adsense account too

But if you have a "real site" that isnt created just to drive traffic to money making offers and ads that happens to use adsense there is not an issue. Take a peek around at the top adwords returns in search see how common it is for the site to be adsense monetized (very)

The distinction is huge - arbitrage does not equal adwords/adsense sharing a destination, you will very much know what you are doing when you intentionally attempt arbitarge

And arbitrag eis actually still an awesome well paying model - its just best to use diff networks to buy and earn from. There are hundreds

"people" were very likely not banned for adsense/adwords sharing teh page - they were banned for the nefarious practices they attempted that also involved the association

I don't doubt what you say is true. But, I see very few major sites that use adsense putting them on the main domain page. In fact I checked that out quite extensively. They actually avoid doing that. That was enough for me.

Oh, and here is a site that uses adsense but doesn't use it on the first page: http://hubpages.com/  smile

domain page and "landing page" (adwords destination URL) are not synonymous

Well, for most major sites, paid search lands on the top domain page. I don't quite get what you mean.

2. Sufidreamer profile image78
            Sufidreamerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not sure about the mechanics of the whole adwords debate, but a clean first page may have a marketing reason. I personally think that a site smeared with Adsense across its first page looks very unprofessional and cluttered - it makes it much difficult to navigate and find exactly what you want, a sure way to annoy people into leaving. smile

True.

18. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 13 years ago

I only ever pay in dignity.  The currency you don't know you're out of until its gone.

That is important Len, but you were too brief!

19. yoshi97 profile image55
    yoshi97posted 13 years ago

Been a 100 many times and I'm a 100 today - imagine that! smile

My secret? Great article content and great backlinking. I don't pay for my 100s, nor do I recommend it to anyone, as it's totally unnecessary.

Where do you like to backlink Yoshi?

1. yoshi97 profile image55
        yoshi97posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Reddit.com
        Digg.com
        Redgage.com
        Shetoldme.com
        Xomba.com
        Twitter.com
        Facebook.com

sometimes others - but always those smile

20. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I have not reached 100 yet, but I have only been here a week, so it may be a bit early :-)

I don't fret about back links here or at my main site (which does make significant money from ads).

I don't  buy them, I don't solicit them.  In fact, at that main site, I specifically request people NOT dig etc. my posts because I don't want the swarms of useless visits.  And they ARE useless.  Big traffic spikes, no increase in adsense, rss readers or anything else.  Useless.

True organic linking has the most value - perhaps the only real value in some cases.  That gives you valuable traffic, conversations, new subscribers..  But it can't be bought or faked.

I will cross-link, but only where it really makes sense, and that's rare.  I have 33 posts here and have linked back to something at my main site only once.  There are places I could have, but I didn't feel the link would have added enough value.

But that's just me.  I'm not an Internet millionaire, don't have 5 zillion Twiiter followers or rss readers and don't even want 'em.  So my thoughts aren't worth a thing.

I think everyone has to decide what they are looking for, and find out what works best for themselves. One size doesn't fit all.

1. Pcunix profile image91
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I could not agree more.

2. Randy Godwin profile image61

It is all in what you seek!  I choose to write the highest quality, most helpful articles I can and hope they are good enough to be worth my while.  I don't backlink very much at all, but am surprised at how often some of my hubs are #1 on a generic Google search or are on at least the first or second page,

I write for fun mostly but am surprised how much money this "fun" is bringing in.  I suppose I should be doing a bit of backlinking, but then if I work at it too much it won't be fun anymore.  I found this out during my years as a professional musician.  I seldom listen to music anymore.  Burnout, I guess!

That's an interesting point, Randy.   I used to regret that illness in my childhood prevented me having a full-time career in dance - but these days, I think maybe it wasn't such a bad thing. If I'd joined a ballet company at seventeen, I'd have been retired by 35.  This way I've enjoyed dancing my whole life, and haven't been so saturated that I've got sick of it.

I knew someone who gave up his main line of work to pursue his love, photography.  After a while, he gave up the photography business and went back to his old job - even though he'd been making good money with his camera.  The reason?  Having to work at photography was ruining his enjoyment of it.

When my friend and I decided to collaborate on a children's book (using her photos, investing in the printing, and doing our own marketing) we decided our number one business goal was "to have fun".
          We had to remind each other of that once in a while, but I think that is why we were able to succeed in our modest goals-- and still remain good friends.

2. Dorsi profile image88
          Dorsiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very interesting. I heard someone recently say that selling their art was like prostituting their work...

I had another friend who trained as a chef but gave it up, because she hated labouring for hours in the kitchen, only to have people inhale it without a word of thanks.

She went back to cooking for friends, who may still gobble the food but at least they express appreciation!

I think part of the problem with the "do what you love" philosophy is that when you run a business, you inevitably have to deal with stress.   Associating stress with your passion is going to take the gloss off it.

3. Randy Godwin profile image61

It seems as if you do something you like for a living it just becomes work, Marisa.  Oh I still love to play for friends, but they don't understand my reluctance sometimes. They say "if I could play a guitar like that I would be more than happy to play anytime at all!" 

But they haven't been in my shoes and played the same old stuff thousands of times before.  So I try not to forget how badly I wanted to be able to play before I actually could.  I feel the same way about my writing and don't want to take the enjoyment out of it.

21. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

For me, writing isn't "all the same thing".  Some of the writing I do is work.  Some of it is something I do because I feel like doing it.  For me, it's, in many ways, the same as talking.  We may talk have a friendly conversation, or talk for more "business-like" reasons.  Or, the PC:  We may use it for work or use it for listening to music.   Some stuff I've written may be something I think of as "special" to me.  Other stuff - I don't care.  It's just "putting my brain on print and getting whatever goes on in writing".   Maybe some people look at the material they've worked to write when they're thinking of "writing".  I look at the act of writing and see whatever is the result of it based on whatever each thing happens to be.

Then, too, I wouldn't be above paying for links.  I just like to think I'm above paying for a high Hubber score.

Thanks Lisa, do you have any favorites for paying for backlink manual submission? I pretty much realize that automated submission is cheating, but manual submission is not. Right?

I think I said something that may have been unintentionally misleading.  I don't pay for backlinks.  In fact, I don't do much of anything with backlinks.  Backlinks are one of those things about which I keep thinking, "One of these days I'll have the time to be bothered with," or "One of these days I'll be able to make myself care about backlinks."  In the meantime, as I just mentioned on another recent thread, I let my Hubs fend for themselves - sink or swim.  Some swim.  Some sink.  smile 

I guess what I said was that I wouldn't be above paying for backlinks ("principles-wise"). I should have added "if I could be bothered and had the time for thinking about backlinks".

Are you running for office Lisa? smile

Oh - don't suggest that.  hmm  I like my principles and I are above that line of work too.   lol

Lol, Lisa. That must be the second dirtiest profession!

22. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 13 years ago

I had to read this thread to find out what it was about because I didn't understand the title!
    There's no way I'd pay for anything that wasn't delivered to my front door in a box smile

Ha! I didn't know backlinks come in a box! smile

1. Pcunix profile image91
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If someone offered backlinks  that way, there is probably someone foolish enough to order them.

23. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 13 years ago

I haven't paid for ads for hubpages. I figure that I want to earn money with AdSense, not spend it. I do, however, work on some aspects such as SEO to bring traffic to my hubs. Just get some backlinks in and you'll see some more traffic to your hubs.

Also, I would like to add that it can be difficult to get a 100 on a hub. My tactic is, instead of getting a 100 on one hub, I just try to work to bring traffic to all my hubs. The 100 isn't as important as the profit earned from natural traffic.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)