Do you ever feel like screaming?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (44 posts)
  1. purpleangel47 profile image60
    purpleangel47posted 13 years ago

... and if you did, did it help?

1. watchya profile image61
      watchyaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

All the time !

With laughter lol

2. Putz Ballard profile image61
      Putz Ballardposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I' screaming now.

2. salt profile image61
    saltposted 13 years ago

yes i have and yes it does, I have gone to an open space and let all the emotions out .. it helped a great deal.

in a difficult personal relationship, when someone would say terrible things to me quietly or when we were on our own, I got out of the car and spoke my thoughts loudly so if others were within hearing range they could hear me. He was infact calling me a liar at that time, trying to make me feel small and uncomfortable, to try and make me distrust myself and make himself feel a bigger person.

purpleangel47posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow salt ... sounds like somebody was putting you through the ringer. I'm sorry you experienced that. No human being should ever feel like they're less than. I've definitely felt like that - from many people that were in my life. And when I gained my strength, I booted them outta my life.
      I wish I had started screaming back then.

Thank you for your thoughts smile

2. nikki1 profile image60
      nikki1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You definitely deserve better than that. I'm glad you knew better.
      You are a special person. We are always root'n for ya. That guy has no taste. Never have an ordinary day, my friend. Make a every day count..
      http://peaceseeds.elysiumgates.com/images/GOF/angel/smiles.jpg

http://thm-a04.yimg.com/nimage/77d2d45202368b80

Enjoy what life has to offer wink

3. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Screaming once in a while to relieve stress is not only a requirement, but very invigorating to the mind's psyche.

It provides a energy release and at the same time a vibrating feeling in your head. It tends to drown out whatever is around you, so you can have a moment of contentment/peace of mind. smile

Yes, I have done it.
    Yes, It feels awesome when I do do it. smile

Sounds like you've mastered the art smile It's wild how clearing the phlegm outta your throat and lettin' loose one is powerful enough to catapault you into peaceland.

Works for me!

4. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

Oh yea!!!  And it does help!!!  big_smile

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

Yes - and it feels good 2 do it.  have done it a few times - couple of times in public but.....I was out in the country with no one around that I could see anyway LOL! and another time screaming as I rode down the highway!  LOL!

I think it's a good way to just get it out of your system.  You know - animals 'shake trauma' off all of the time (their lives are threatened frequently) - picture it, how they do it - they give their bodies a good shake and then they run like hell!  gettin' rid of it. LOL!  (flee, fight or freeze) and sometimes they just freeze! but shake it off later.

People don't always 'shake it off' and they need to or it just stays inside - whatever it is.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sheesh!  I'm sounding like a bit of a nut!  LOL!  LOL!

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, for today, let's not go there. lol lol lol lol

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
          SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey...it's a full moon or something like that isn't it! LOL!

6. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

Oh!  You mean screaming is okay?  lol
    I haven't screamed in years, but I remember it felt good most of the time...the only time it didn't was when I was being manipulated...and deceived into not trusting myself and my feelings.... 

Screaming is good! 

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=25382292199&id=23e444e8f15d7b1513eb40a7880db7a5&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.deviantart.com%2fdownload%2f104759711%2fscream_out_your_pain_by_anooke.jpg

1. nikki1 profile image60
      nikki1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aww.. http://peaceseeds.elysiumgates.com/images/GOF/angel/smiles.jpg
      I hope this cheers you up as well as makes feel better. You are definately allowed to feel. Thats what makes us who we are.

7. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 13 years ago

So does howling like a wolf!!!  lol

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

*shakes his head side to side* roll

1. Rafini profile image82
        Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

psst - she said "howling"...not 'hungry'     lol

2. purpleangel47 profile image60

Well alright Beth! smile

8. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

Heck, yeah!! I felt like it earlier to day, feel like spitting nails now. Just had the first bad day at work in 2 years.

Tomorrow will be better...after I scream.
    http://riverdaughter.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/the-scream.jpeg?w=200&h=300

Sorry for your bad day donotfear.

I hope the screaming set you on the right path.

9. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

often, at my pc

10. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

thanks for the reminder, been quite awhile since I had a good screaming session - now - leave me alone so I can scream!

11. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I used to scream to make my kids laugh.  I guess there's just something funny about your otherwise reasonably reserved mother screaming.  lol  You know - scream as high and loud as you can, and - for some reason - laugh hysterically because, at the time, it's apparently funny.   roll   (They're grown up now.  I think I'll try it one day and see if they still laugh....   lol   I'm thinking they wouldn't.  lol  )

When I feel like screaming - I yell instead (probably because I associate screaming with "having a good time"  lol  )

12. fucsia profile image61
    fucsiaposted 13 years ago

yes, usually for anger...Fortunately I do not happen anymore for a long time!

13. raisingme profile image75
    raisingmeposted 13 years ago

I am screaming right now as a matter of fact - my laptop just quit working - it has all my writing on it.  I am screaming very, very loudly.  It is late at night and I just may wake up the neighbours and the birds.  And then I will scream some more, or I could just call it a night and turn in.  Screaming is a great way to release charge - noisy but great!

14. profile image0
    Precious Williamsposted 13 years ago

Oh yes I feel like screaming, but unfortunately I don't get the opportunity.  I would love to scream and scream but I'm thinking of getting a punch bag.  It won't be quite the same but still!

It's still a release .... and who knows.... you may start screaming while you're punching! smile

15. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

I yodel.. why just ask my neighbor Hugh Jass.

16. profile image0

my wife likes to scream with her legs straight up like that.

1. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow my yoga class has not taught me how to do that yet

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss267/Temptationbucket/ROFLMAO.gif

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hmmm, were you here I would teach you. big_smile

Geez Ralwus you are a man of all trades. That is what I love bout you.If I ever travel to the states I am booking in for yoga lessons. smile

17. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_383/1238769751c6Vtq4.jpg

18. profile image0

Yes, I am, was or can be. always eager to help an unfortunate maid too.

Aww Ralwus you are the most helpful, loveable bloke on the planet.

19. profile image0

awwww shucks ma'am. *looking at foot drawing circle on floor* g'nite ma'am, thank you ma'am.

Not only are you remarkably lovable but you were the first guy who taught me that buffalo wings were not really buffalo meat.

20. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h298/mitraillette/screaming-woman.jpg

Lol!!! Now THAT's a scream face! Love it!

21. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

bad day?

No ... can't say it was a bad day ... just a day of contemplation of where I set out to be in my life, where I actually am, and my thoughts on the whole thing. Actually for me that day, my thoughts about screaming were a positive and negative release. Im proud of where I am even though I've gone through alot of negative to get here.

22. karmicfilly profile image69
    karmicfillyposted 13 years ago

I actually teach children to scream and use this as a way of being heard.  Some are so shy you can't hear them and until they get over that fear of making noise they continue to be unheard.  They laugh with being uncomfortable at first but eventually I can hear them all the way at the end of the arena.

Wow! What an excellent way to build self-esteem. Kudos to you! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)