what is the sin God cannot forgive?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (25 posts)
  1. profile image52
    haj3396posted 13 years ago

Matthew 12: 31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. why can't we be forgive when we blasphemy against the Holy Ghost.
    John 16-13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
    So if the Holy Spirit is not there to guide you into all truth, you just stay in your sins. therefore, is important, because without the Holy Spirit you can not be save.

1. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It basically abusing yourself as the Holy ghost or god is ones true self.
      Only when man wants nothing is when he gets to go back home but any desire good or bad will make man materialize.
      then there are repercussions for insulting god or the Holy Spirit, god teaches man very often with pain..

Then even this sin is forgiven with time.

1. profile image52
        haj3396posted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Bible have the answer to your question

1. profile image0
          Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bible does not. Creator does.
          Bible is human history and interpretation of Creator, not Creator interpretation of Himself or mankind.
          Bible is merely sound bites of a living truth 99% of people refuse to seek out from a pure heart -or desire to twist fitting their own ba`al belief system, attempting to satisfy a burning consciousness -the knowledge of good v evil. The Word is not in sound bites but living in Spirit.

-James

2. profile image0
          Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Please elaborate.

2. Migodden profile image71
      Migoddenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The sin is forgetting jesus' anniversary yikes

3. wilmiers77 profile image60
      wilmiers77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

God's Holy Spirit testifies of the Son of God, Jesus, and is the Spirit Of Truth revealing one mystery after another. If one do not desire the Holy Spirit, because he is consumed by evil can not be saved because he shall never accept Jesus who have God's Holy Spirit in Him.

4. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Leaving a teabag in the cup whilst about to drink the tea...He cannot forgive anyone who does this....

5. Thamuss profile image60
      Thamussposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Check the context of Mt 12. Jesus had just done a miracle and in response the Pharisees said that Jesus was able to do the miracle by the power of Beelzebub, the devil. The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is to assign the power of the Holy Spirit working to satan. Jesus was able to do miracles by the power of the Holy Spirit.
      Essentially, the Pharisees were saying that it was Satan doing the miracle. To do so is to blaspheme God. The "sin" then is unforgiveable, because anyone who denies the power of God, claiming that it is satan, is not and cannot be one of God's. And without the grace of God, there can be no forgiveness of sin.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He's actually a good kid, just a little misunderstood. smile

6. Dave Barnett profile image56
      Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Denial of the spirit is definitely the big one, but it takes forms that you wouldn't think. when an evangelist comes to your door, he first has made a judgement about you. You need this. But what if he has misjudged you, and you are already in the Hand, he wants you to hear his word nonetheless. Does he doubt the power that you say already is working in you? Does he really think that the Holy Spirit even needs his help? I think that sending the evangelists out to spread the word was God's way of getting the judgemental people to leave his neighborhood.

2. profile image0
    Rockerzzposted 13 years ago

If its a sin god will not forgive...
    A sin is something which no one must practice
    Its a sin cause god hates it to be done by a mankind

3. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I thought it was bad breath.

4. Rev Will profile image40
    Rev Willposted 13 years ago

NO not believing in God is the only sin which can not be forgiven.  Yes it can be corrected but not to be forgiven.

1. profile image52
      haj3396posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paul did not believe in God and he was save. why, because the Holy Spirit directed him back to God. Now if there is no Holy Spirit to lead you back to God then are lost.

1. mohitmisra profile image61
        mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was an atheist who mocked the prophets and religions when I was young and the I gained enlightenment or salvation(will come when I leave my bod).
        Even not believing in god is forgiven .

Have you heard of the dacoit Valmiki, he didnt believe in God and on Naradas (the saints) interference he became a poet saint and wrote the Holy Ramayana.

5. jondav profile image71
    jondavposted 13 years ago

NOT going large at McDonalds?

6. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 13 years ago

God does not forgive the coffee slurpers!

7. jondav profile image71
    jondavposted 13 years ago

Thats me done for then!

1. mega1 profile image78
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

try to sip instead of slurping and perhaps God will overlook it!

8. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Farting before a meal? Which god? Who cares? smile

1. profile image57
      Hell N0posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think farting in an elevator would be the worst sin.  No, the worst sin would be to fart in an elevator and point at someone else.  This is why god invented the S H A R T.

9. profile image0
    Over The Hillposted 13 years ago

Ernest.do you descend from Aborigines?

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would be proud to be, but no. I am Caucasian of English extraction. My family have been here since the second fleet.

10. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 13 years ago

"There is no such thing as sin except for the one that is 'like' adultery."

A few years ago I was reading the Bible and I kept wondering, why doesn't this "adultery" seem to make sense in context. So I decided, even though I already 'knew' what adultery meant, if there was something I was missing.

So I am reading and I find adulatory just before adultery.  Without noticing, I am reading its definition which is "excessive adoration or excessive praise."

I think, wow! Excessiveness makes sense.  Extreme adoration, extreme praise, everything extreme...

Still I realized I read the wrong thing but I was amazing at how a little slip could make the whole thing make more sense.  Years later I am reading a quote from Jesus that is the one I wrote above.

Giving it some thought, now...What is like adultery? Adulatory is like adultery! There is no sin but excessive praise.  And what is the problem today? 

Everything in excess.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)