How much do YOU make?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (56 posts)
  1. Bammrie profile image61
    Bammrieposted 13 years ago

Curious to know how much you guys are making /day and /month so if you guys wanna share with me and how you achieve it it'd be appreciated!

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

<no self-promoting links>

2. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1 post and 9 hours. I'll work on a step by step plan for you.

In fact, if you can stick it out to a whole week here at hubpages I'll start sending you the content to publish, along with tags and all the Amazon ASIN's and the best Ebay keywords to use in the respective capsules.

Bammrieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would love this. Feel free to write me a message anytime!

1. profile image0

You realise that he is laughing at you Bammrie?

Bammrieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thought people were nice here.. my bad lol.

1. profile image0

They are nice here, they just aren't stupid. If you find a winner you don't share it, because it won't be a winner much longer. You need to teach yourself, write the hubs, and cross your fingers that you hit the jackpot.

When you win the lottery you don't walk down the street showing people your winning ticket, you cash that winning ticket. Look at every hubpage as a free lottery ticket. Last month I won $710 from my free lottery tickets, but that is only because I had a lot of free lottery tickets. One lottery ticket in particular made me around $180, I am not going to give you the lottery numbers, I will keep them to myself. Otherwise I may not win that $180 again next month.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
                Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly.   You'll find lots of Hubbers willing to help you out with specific  questions - especially Darkside - but don't expect anyone to spoon feed you, Bammrie.

The average Hubber takes about a year to reach their first Adsense payout - after that it snowballs.  If you do a lot of reading about SEO, self-promotion, keyword research etc etc, then you can do it much faster - but it's a big learning curve.  You need a lot of patience and a willingness to study.

2. profile image0
        shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh Glen, you are starting to sound BRITISH! Must be those sitcoms we keep sending Australia! lol

1. darkside profile image62

I do enjoy a good brit-com. Preferably served dry.

3. GarfieldGates profile image79
      GarfieldGatesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hmm.
      Not telling.
      Heh.

4. warchild75 profile image64
      warchild75posted 13 years agoin reply to this

For 50% of all your future Hubpages earnings i will teach you how to make money on hubpages!!!! wink

5. Haunty profile image73
      Hauntyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You see, this is where we work well together. I pretty much say what most others have said, but in fewer words and with an almost British delivery of dryness, and you give them a link to something I wrote.

1. profile image0

http://hollyonthehill.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/thumbs_up.png

2. Haunty profile image73

That's exactly it, darkside. You are a great help to everyone here, when you choose to be. You have done the work, so you could just have given them the link yourself.

I am the first person to acknowledge that you are about 4.000.000 times more helpful than I am. I have no knowledge, time or inclination to rewrite what's already been written by other folks. But the thought that a newbie should be fearful of how they word an honest question seems absurd to me.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

I average between $1-$5 per day, for all my hubs. My average for last month was about $4.50 per day, presently.

How I achieved it? Are you serious? You want me to explain to you, what I did to achieve what I earn?

Ain't happening, because there is way too much information that needs to be applied to what you ask and the post in this forum would end up being way too long. Easy explanation- review my hubs.

3. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I make on average $24,000 a month on hubpages. I achieved it by genius writing and the use of excellent seo techniques. I can't give you any further information because that is not in my best interests. Suffice to say you will need to read my hubs (all of them) to see how I accomplished this.

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting to hear you say that IzzyM. lol

1. Research Analyst profile image72
        Research Analystposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow IzzyM, thats alot of money, how do you do it?

1. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, before I go to my bed I'll let you in in a litle secret -
          I LIE!

1. Cagsil profile image71
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh boy. lol lol lol

2. Ohma profile image61
            Ohmaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol Izzy it is way past April fools day!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too smile

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely! The secret is in reading ALL of our writings, not just one single hub.
        God look at the time - I have work in the morning.(it's 3.30am)
        No, I haven't got work as such but I have a translating job and have to be there at 9.30m.
        I do the odd job here and there for charity. Obviously I don't need the money seeing as I am earning mega-bucks here.

1. lorlie6 profile image73
          lorlie6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're so very devious, Izzy...I fell for it, and hey UW-boy, are you two a pair! smile

1. Research Analyst profile image72
            Research Analystposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ROFL Izzy your so funny, you had me going!

2. mega1 profile image80
          mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

and I always thought you were the MOST honest and trustworthy hubber!  obviously, I have to be sadly disillusioned now!  But very, very, funny.  If reading all of your hubs will help me earn $24,000 a month, I'll gladly do it!

3. Joy56 profile image67
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

this is a mad thread.  I love that i earn no money on here, and just enjoy everyone's company........ and write a poem every now and again,  Life is great......

4. ReuVera profile image81
      ReuVeraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that a great way to get traffic to your hubs!
      Hey, I make $30,000 a month! Read every word of my hubs and you'll find my secret! tongue

LOL. A good one!

1. mega1 profile image80
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

right on!  shall I also click on a few of your ads?  to find out how to get top ads placement?  or not?

1. ReuVera profile image81
          ReuVeraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sure, this is a very important part of a learning process. wink

2. relache profile image73
          relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fraudulent clicks is a great way to get your AdSense account banned permanently.

4. vaguesan profile image70
    vaguesanposted 13 years ago

I've only made about $2.00 so far.
    sad

5. liljen23 profile image74
    liljen23posted 13 years ago

I've only made $1.85 lol lol lol

1. annmeadows profile image60
      annmeadowsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've made $4.74 in a whole week!

6. SarimW profile image61
    SarimWposted 13 years ago

Several Millions
    In my dreams lol wink
    New to HP though!

7. Leo Starrs profile image58
    Leo Starrsposted 13 years ago
  8. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Leo quick please pull that image if you can - it is against adsense TOS and you could lose your account.

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
      Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Izzy, I think it's fake not real.  By the way I beat your fake earnings by $1 tongue

1. Leo Starrs profile image58
        Leo Starrsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah its the fake edit trick that the ebook scammers use...

9. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Leo, read a couple of your hubs. What is your first language? Sure isn't English.

10. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

Money, money, money...

11. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 13 years ago

The fact that someone is new doesn't mean they have no grounds for asking questions. If you don't want to answer, don't do it. But certainly don't make a mockery of the person.

You can make fun of me anytime you please. wink

I do recall the first time I pointed out that you addressed someone harshly, and their's was a much simpler question.

Is it too much to expect that a person within moments of signing up takes the time to read the help page and the Learning Center?

1. profile image0

Or indeed the hundreds of hubs by people like yourself, Relache, and even - to a limited degree - me.

2. Haunty profile image73

You have a good memory then. I'm sure it happened once or twice, but certainly not repeatedly. I'm just saying I think it goes to the detriment of hubpages that some experienced hubbers, to whom new hubbers would look for guidance, have assumed a hostile attitude towards these.

I wish a link to the learning center could be placed in a more visible spot, though.

12. Bill Manning profile image68
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I make my income from so many different sources on the net that I really don't know what I make! I get checks I don't even know who they are from.

Having said that my income can vary widely from month to month and week to week. I've had $400.00 difference from one week to the next.

Income from the net can go up and down depending on the season and what is going on. Ever since the big soccer thing has been on my sales are down.

I expect it to go back up in a week or two, it's getting better this week. What was the question again? smile

13. akirchner profile image93
    akirchnerposted 13 years ago

Thank you, Haunty - truer words were never spoken - there are some hubbers out there that seem to really enjoy bashing away at the new folks.  I wonder how many it costs HP over time as some prefer not to come back, myself (almost) included. 

As my goofy grandmother used to say - there is a way to say things and a way NOT to say things.  I wish a few of the hubbers knew that little rule and thought twice before opening mouth and inserting conceited foot. 

We all had to start somewhere, folks.  And no question is a dumb one in my humble opinion.

1. profile image0

Darkside has done more than most on this site to help newbies, both through numerous comprehensive non-profit hubpages and through extensive participation in the forum. Personally I think your comments only go to prove your own lack of participation in this community, as your post count would demonstrate. I would suggest that you read some of Darksides hubs on how to use Hubpages, many of which are non-monetized, and then consider changing your stance.

Look through my posts and see how many times I 'bash' a newcomer or people who have asked a question.

If a person asks "I don't understand this..." or "I want to know about that..." it's a big difference than "tell me EVERYTHING I need to know".

1. creativelycc profile image62
        creativelyccposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've been on hubpages now for 3 months and so far with Google Adsence I've made $10.11 - I have 13 hubs.  The 13th was published today.  Since I've been reading different hubs on how to promote them and started practicing it, I noticed the cents increasing in my account.  I jumped for joy the other day when I earned 0.62 cents in one day!  Hubpages is a great place and I'm thankful to be here and for all the helpful info I've received from hubbers..  Peace

1. Aficionada profile image80
          Aficionadaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

WOW.  That is so amazing - and terrific.

It's hard to decide whether to be envious or just very happy for you.  I think I'll choose to be happy for you, and I'll keep working on my Hubs, keywords, backlinks, traffic.....

Way to go!!! big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

With every hub you read you'll learn more. Gaps of information will be filled. And things that you weren't sure of before will become clearer. I know this because it happens at every new site or new skill or device I turn my attention to, I learn the same way.

Your earnings will grow. Also what you do today may not have a positive effect. But even it takes 6 months, you will get a return on quality work.

3. Haunty profile image73

Way too many, I think. But you always come back, please. It would be a tremendous loss if you didn't! smile

14. brettb profile image59
    brettbposted 13 years ago

My AdSense total now stands at $174.02 since February. ClickBank and Amazon is a bit extra.

More importantly I now have a few very nice new niches so I can expand my web empire away from boring geek related stuff.

Even more importantly I now know exactly how to churn out hubs that make $0.20 a day. I don't need many of those to bring in a decent income!

Hubpages has been great for me as I have been able to throw out a quick hub to see if a niche has potential. The Google Analytics stuff is a revelation and as a hardened statistics geek I can't get enough of its reporting options.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)