THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE RELIGION IS ISLAM.

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (63 posts)
  1. dxtyle profile image55
    dxtyleposted 15 years ago

EVRy ONe IS WELcOme in islam...this is the true religion of all the rest of the religions.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Do you have to TyPe lIkE a TWO yeaR Old before theY WIll leT U iN?

big_smile

1. Eng.M profile image66
        Eng.Mposted 15 years agoin reply to this

ANd Do Ya SPEek HiS LaNgUaGe BeTTer sir ?

1. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That funny!  LOL.  smile

2. BDazzler profile image78
          BDazzlerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Dude probably speaks half-a-dozen languagnes better than most of us. (But that was funny) big_smile

lol

I only speak 4 myself. NoNe Of THem The interNeTs big_smile

1. profile image0
              sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LeaRnInG To SPeaK InterNets is fun! ScrEW MuZzy aND RosSetTA StOnE!

2. BDazzler profile image78

Obviously English, likely French, I think I've seen you mention Greek, and I'd guess Itallian.

How'd I do?

English, Dutch, French, German.

In descending order of fluency...... Depending who you ask. big_smile

3. mohitmisra profile image61
              mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol  lol

2. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Everyone may be welcome in Islam, but that is true of most religions, and that doesn't make anyone of them the one "true" religion! God speaks to us all in a voice only we can hear. A religion, or a church is not required to communicate with God!

2. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago
  3. artfuldodger profile image60
    artfuldodgerposted 15 years ago

whoa dude. islam? i think we're forgetting about a little gem known as Scientology. Now THAT'S a cult.. i mean religion i can get behind. Once I get 10 G's, im totally joining that church. Let's look at the facts. A) celebrities think its cool. 2) the back story is completely believable. C) its prohibitively expensive to join. I rest my case.

4. profile image0
    abeererposted 15 years ago

Hi, I think we should  talk about isalm rather then languges :-) if anyone intrested to know about it.

5. profile image0

Hi, I think we should  talk about isalm rather then languges :-) if anyone intrested to know about it.

6. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

I think Prince Mac had one, a really beautiful one a while back that talked about Islam.  Check back through the threads.  smile

7. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years ago

"The one and only true religion is Islam".....   

A good imagination indeed !
    If this comes true, the majority of human race will commit suicide.

8. t.keeley profile image77
    t.keeleyposted 15 years ago

This thread....merely proves it's not just Christians that belong in the group "fundamentalists"....

Let's try it..

FundamentAliStS

Yes, that was intentional.

1. mohitmisra profile image61

I agree with you and then the religion gets a bad name because of some nuts smile

9. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 15 years ago

Wow, why is it in this category alone that people seem to force their opinions on others as if they are facts.

Then again this little game of saying your relgion is better than mine, his, hers, whatever is precisely the reason I do not have a religion, so maybe mine is in fact the best.  My one doesn't cause wars (like every other organised religion in the world seems to) big_smile

Your religion and country are part of your ego,
      For god,the truth even that one must let go.

Same here I am half Hindu and Half Parsee a blessing as I do not have foolish attachment to any religion.God is love and One where all are equal smile

It is better not to have a religion than fight and kill in the name of god.

1. Paraglider profile image87
        Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well said.

smile

2. Junkster profile image60
        Junksterposted 15 years agoin reply to this

My thoughts exactly,

As harsh as it sounds this seems to be what a lot of people think, I'm all for learning more about other people's religions and dispelling myths

Ah, well you obviously don't live near a large Muslim community smile

But if there is something on this list that you think is a myth that can be dispelled - fire away big_smile

3. Junkster profile image60

Forgive my ignorance but what are Parsees?  I've not heard of them before.

1. countrywomen profile image60
          countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this
        2. mohitmisra profile image61

Followers of the prohet Zaratushtra,te first recorded prophet..They fled Persia as everyone was being forced to covert to Islam.They didnt want to covert so they came to India to live ..

10. profile image0

I agree with you all, that we have changed the fact. However I will give a littel info on Islam, hope that will help to understand it better, I am not here to say My relegion is best but to discuss what makes you to say no ;-)

What is Islam?

Islam simply means to achieve peace. Peace with God, peace with oneself, and peace with the creations of God – through wholly giving oneself to God and accepting His guidance.

Islam is not a new religion but the final culmination and fulfillment of the same basic truth that God revealed through all His prophets to every people. A way of life symbolized by peace-peace with God, peace within oneself, and peace with the creations of God through submission to God and commitment to His guidance.
    Muslims believe that it is the same truth that God revealed through all His prophets to every people. For a fifth of the world’s population, Islam is not just a personal religion, but a complete way of life.

Islam is a qualitative term – the quality of accepting God’s supreme authority above one’s own. As such, being a Muslim does not mean having to give up one’s culture or traditions; rather it means adopting the simple and logical principles of Islam to better one’s life and attain peace.

big_smile

Starting out by using semantics is not a great idea. Seems to be popular with proponents of all religions though. "Well, that might be what it says, but it means this"... lol

The topic of the thread is "THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE RELIGION IS ISLAM."

Surely that means it is the best?

It is as much a joke as any other religion. As for Islam meaning peace, you could have fooled me. Why I would say "no" to Islam -

Your principals are not logical.
      You are not offering peace.
      Your book does not speak for a god.
      Your culture does not hold dear the same principals as me.
      Islam treats women as second-class people.
      Too many have been killed in the name of your god for it to make any sense.
      Your book is written in a language that most of the world does not read, which seems a little short-sighted for an all-powerful god.

Hope that helps big_smile

2. LondonGirl profile image82
      LondonGirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

There's some work to be done, then.

11. Junkster profile image60

I used to go to university in Sheffield where the majority of people on my course were either muslim or sikh and so got a lot of experience of the culture, the cafeteria in the main university building even got changed to a strictly halal complient cafe which meant my monday mornings no longer were complimented with a bacon sandwich sad  but I have to admit I have only known  one muslim guy and he was very quiet about his religion, he never forced it on anyone or preached, in fact he once mentioned he was ashamed about some of the other muslims who were preaching hate in parks around that time.

This is why I considered some of the things on the list as possible myths as he had told me that the vast majority of his people were peaceloving and not like the british media occasioanlly paints all muslims as.  His words were that it's a small bunch who are ruining it for the rest, with family originally from Saudi Arabia he just wanted to fit in and remain faithful to his religion and whatever most of these fundamentalists tell you on TV it is actually very easy.

II totally agree with some of those things on the list though, especially the treating women as second class citizens, I remember having a heated discussion with someone else on here about how they believed women should not have their own thoughts.  Disgusting, backward thinking logic like that makes me glad to be religion-less at the moment....if that is even a term big_smile

12. needful things profile image66
    needful thingsposted 15 years ago

lol lol lol

13. profile image0

http://hubpages.com/hub/isalm-and-muslims

While these are only small first steps in the acceptance of the Fastest Growing Religion in the United States and the world, we must remember that every minority whether people or religion: German, Irish, Italian, Jews, Spanish speaking people, Japanese, Chinese, Viet Names, Hawaiians, Blacks, Native American Indians, Catholic, Mormons, Hara Krishna's, Christian sects, denominations and Occults have all at one time or another experienced suspicion, hatetred, prejudice, and persecution and yet these have never made the impact on society that Islam is making. In the very near future Islam and Muslims will be such a part of grassroots America as to hardly be noticed. Islam does not belong to an Arab country, but is a religion that is in every county of the world. The United States is not one race of people but a blending of all nations and religions of the world and is truly a Christian, Islamic, Judeo society.

According to statistics from the U.N., Islam is now the worlds second largest religion after Christianity. The U.N. statistics state that the Islam annual growth rate of Islam is around 6.40% compared to 1.46% during the same time period for Christianity. Also according to these statistics, one in five people on the planet are Muslim (by birth or geographical reference). ISLAM THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION By Khadija Watson

Statistics from the U.N.:
    Islam in North America since 1989 increased 25%

Islam in Africa since 1989 increased 2.15%

Islam in Asia since 1989 increased 12.57%

Islam in Europe since 1989 increased 142.35%

Islam in Latin America since 1989 decreased -4.73%

and Islam in Australia since 1989 increased 257.01%

How do we know Islam is the truth?
    It is the only religion that:

1- Hold Allah as One, Unique, and Perfect.

2- A lonly worship of Allah, not Jesus, not an idol, and not an angel only Allah.

3- The Quran does not contain contradictions.

4- The Quran contains scientific facts, which are 1300 years ahead of their time. The Quran while revealed 1400 years ago contains scientific facts, which are only now being discovered. It is not in contradiction to science.

5- Allah challenges the world to produce the like of the Quran. And He says they won't be able to.

6- Prophet Mohammed was the most influential man in History. Even a non-Muslim wrote a book called the 100 most influential men in History, and Prophet Mohammed was #1. Prophet Jesus was #3. Note even Prophet Jesus was a prophet sent by Allah. Would Allah allow a false prophet to be so successful? No. Even the Bible says this in Deuteronomy 18:19. A false prophet would die!!! Yet Prophet Mohammed did not die till he completely conveyed, and taught Allah's religion.

7- He had many prophecies, and all of his prophecies have come true, or are still coming true.

In the past women were degraded and used as objects of lust

The following examples from history amply illustrate the fact that the status of women in earlier civilizations was very low to the extent that they were denied basic human dignity:

1.      Babylonian Civilization:
    The women were degraded and were denied all rights under the Babylonian law. If a man murdered a woman, instead of him being punished, his wife was put to death.

2.      Greek Civilization:
    Greek Civilization is considered the most glorious of all ancient civilizations. Under this very ‘glorious’ system, women were deprived of all rights and were looked down upon. In Greek mythology, an ‘imaginary woman’ called ‘Pandora’ is the root cause of misfortune of human beings. The Greeks considered women to be subhuman and inferior to men. Though chastity of women was precious, and women were held in high esteem, the Greeks were later overwhelmed by ego and sexual perversions. Prostitution became a regular practice amongst all classes of Greek society.

3.      Roman Civilization:
    When Roman Civilization was at the zenith of its ‘glory’, a man even had the right to take the life of his wife. Prostitution and nudity were common amongst the Romans.

4.      Egyptian Civilization:
    The Egyptian considered women evil and as a sign of a devil.

5.      Pre-Islamic Arabia:
    Before Islam spread in Arabia, the Arabs looked down upon women and very often when a female child was born, she was buried alive.

2.   Islam uplifted women and gave them equality and expects them to maintain their status.

Islam uplifted the status of women and granted them their just rights 1400 years ago. Islam expects women to maintain their status. :-)

1. LondonGirl profile image82
      LondonGirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I don't agree with that.

I deal with asylum-seekers in the UK, and by chance, many of my clients are from Muslim countries. And I'm pretty thankful that I was born a baby girl in the UK, and not in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi or Iran.

14. profile image0

London Girl,
    Its not wise to judge all people or nations just by few odds. I agree there are some who needs to learn Islam and practice it as its suppose to be. Hope you meet who change your opoion ;-)

15. SparklingJewel profile image68
    SparklingJewelposted 15 years ago

abeerer,   

2.   Islam uplifted women and gave them equality and expects them to maintain their status.

Islam uplifted the status of women and granted them their just rights 1400 years ago. Islam expects women to maintain their status.

Please define and explain these points for me..."Islam uplifts women"..."expects women to maintain their status"... what are a woman's "just rights" ?

I have heard several different interpretations of what these points mean from various other Muslims...what do you say?

16. profile image0

To understan it better, just run an eye on Women History. Its as follow,

Women in Ancient Civilization
                Describing the status of the Indian woman, Encyclopedia Britannica states:" In India, subjection was a cardinal principle. Day and night must women be held by their protectors in a state of dependence says Manu. The rule of inheritance was agnatic, that is Descent traced through males to the exclusion Of females "[2].

In Hindu scriptures, the description of a good wife is as follows: " a woman whose mind, speech and body are kept in subjection, acquires high renown in this world, and, in the next, the same abode with her husband "[3].

In Athens, women were not better off than either the Indian or the Roman women.

" Athenian women were always minors, subject to some male --- to their father, to their brother, or to some of their male kin"[4].

Her consent in marriage was not generally thought to be necessary and " she was obliged to submit to the wishes of her parents, and receive from her husband and her lord, even though he were stranger to her "[5].

A Roman wife was described by an historian as: " a babe, a minor, a ward, a person incapable of doing or acting anything according to her own individual taste, a person continually under the tutelage and guardianship of her husband "[6].

In the Encyclopedia Britannica, we find a summary of the legal status of women in the Roman civilization[7]:

In Roman Law a woman was even in historic times completely dependent. If married she and her property passed into the power of her husband… the wife was the purchased property of her husband, and like a slave acquired only for his benefit. A woman could not exercise any civil or public office…could not be a witness, surety, tutor, or curator; she could not adopt or be adopted, or make will or contract.

Under perpetual tutelage, whether married or unmarried, as late as the Code of Christian V, at the end of the 17th Century, it was enacted that if a woman married without the consent of her tutor the might have, if he wished, administration and usufruct of her goods during her life[8].

According to the English Common Law:… all real property which a wife held at the time of a marriage became a possession of her husband. He was entitled to the rent from the land and to any profit which might be made from operating the estate during the joint life of the spouses. As time passed, the English courts devised means to forbid a husband's transferring real property without the consent of his wife, but he still retained the right to manage it and to receive the money which it produced. As to a wife's personal property, the husband's power was complete. He had the right to spend it as he saw fit[9].

Only by the late nineteenth century did the situation start to improve. " By a series of acts starting with the Married women's Property Act in 1870, amended in 1882 and 1887, married women achieved the right to own property and to enter contracts on a par with spinsters, widows, and divorcees"[10]. As late as the Nineteenth Century an authority in ancient law, Sir Henry Maine, wrote: " No society which preserves any tincture of Christian institutions is likely to restore to married women the personal liberty conferred on them by the Middle Roman Law[11].

In his essay The Subjection of Women, John Stuart Mill wrote:We are continually told that civilization and Christianity have restored to the woman her just rights. Meanwhile the wife is the actual bondservant of her husband; no less so, as far as the legal obligation goes, than slaves commonly so called[12].

Before moving on to the Qur'anic decrees concerning the status of woman, a few Biblical decrees may shed more light on the subject, thus providing a better basis for an impartial evaluation. In the Mosaic Law, the wife was betrothed. Explaining this concept, the Encyclopedia Biblica states: "To betroth a wife to oneself meant simply to acquire possession of her by payment of the purchase money; the betrothed is a girl for whom the purchase money has been paid"[13]. From the legal point of view, the consent of the girl was not necessary for the validation of her marriage. "The girl's consent is unnecessary and the need for it is nowhere suggested in the Law"[14].

As to the right of divorce, we read in the Encyclopedia Biblica: " The woman being man's property, his right to divorce her follows as a matter of course"[15]. The right to divorce was held only by man. "In the Mosaic Law divorce was a privilege of the husband only… "[16].

The position of the Christian Church until recent centuries seems to have been influenced by both the Mosaic Law and by the streams of thought that were dominant in its contemporary cultures. In their book, Marriage East and West, David and Vera mace wrote[17]:Let no one suppose, either, that our Christian heritage is free of such slighting judgments. It would be hard to find anywhere a collection of more degrading references to the female sex than the early Church Fathers provide. Lecky, the famous historian, speaks of (these fierce invectives which form so conspicuous and so grotesque a portion of the writing of the Fathers… woman was represented as the door of hell, as the mother of all human ills. She should be ashamed at the very thought that she is a woman. She should live in continual penance on account of the curses she has brought upon the world. She should be ashamed of her dress, for it is the memorial of her fall. She should be especially ashamed of her beauty, for it is the most potent instrument of the devil). One of the most scathing of these attacks on woman is that of Tertullian: Do you know that you are each an Eve? The sentence of God on this sex of yours lives in this age: the guilt must of necessity live too. You are the devil's gateway: you are the unsealer of that forbidden tree; you are the first deserters of the divine law; you are she who persuades him whom the devil was not valiant enough to attack. You destroyed so easily God's image, man. On account of your desert --- that is death --- even the Son of God had to die. Not only did the church affirm the inferior status of woman, it deprived her of legal rights she had previously enjoyed.

Women in Islam
                In the midst of the darkness that engulfed the world, the divine revelation echoed in the wide desert of Arabia, with a fresh, noble, and universal message to humanity:“ O Mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, who created you from a single person (Adam) , and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwa (Eve)], and from them both He created many men and women; and fear Allah through Whom you demand (your mutual rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship). Surely Allah is Even an All-Watcher over you” (Qur'an 4:1)[18].

A scholar who pondered about this verse states: "It is believed that there is no text, old or new, that deals with the humanity of the woman from all aspects with such amazing brevity, eloquence, depth, and originality as this divine decree "[19].

Stressing this noble and natural conception, the Qur'an states:“ It is He Who has created you from a single person (Adam), and (then) He has created from him his wife [Hawwa (Eve)], in order that he might enjoy the pleasure of living with her. When he had sexual relation with her, she became pregnant and she carried it about lightly. Then when it became heavy, they both invoked Allah their Lord (sayin): " If You give us a Salih (good in every aspect) child, we shall indeed be among the grateful” (Qur'an 7:189).

“ The Creator of the heavens and the earth. He has made for you mates from yourselves, and for the cattle (also) mates. By this means He creates you (in the wombs). There is nothing like Him; and He is the All-Hearer, the All-Seer” (Qur'an 42:11).

“ And Allah has made for you Azwaj (mates or wives) of your own kind, and has made for you, from your wives, sons and grandsons, and has bestowed on you good provision. Do they then believe in false deities and deny the Favour of Allah (by not worshipping Allah alone)” (Qur'an 16:72).

The rest of this paper outlines the position of Islam regarding the status of woman in society from its various aspects --- spiritually, socially, economically and politically.

1. Spiritual Aspect
                The Qur'an provides clear-cut evidence that woman is completely equated with man in the sight of God in terms of her rights and responsibilities. The Qur'an states:“ Every person is a pledge for what he has earned” (Qur'an 74:38). It also states:“ … So their Lord accepted of them (their supplication and answered them), "Never will I allow to be lost the work of any of you, be he male or female. You are (members) of one another…” (Qur'an 3:195).

“ Whoever works righteousness --- whether male or female --- while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islamic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter)” (Qur'an 16:97).

Woman according to the Qur'an is not blamed for Adam's first mistake. Both were jointly wrong in their disobedience to God, both repented, and both were forgiven. (Qur'an 2:36, 7:20-24). In one verse in fact (20:121), Adam specifically, was blamed.

In terms of religious obligations, such as the Daily Prayers, Fasting, Poor-due, and Pilgrimage, woman is no different from man. In some cases indeed, woman has certain advantages over man. For example, the woman is exempted from the daily prayers and from fasting during her menstrual periods and forty days after childbirth. She is also exempted from fasting during her pregnancy and when she is nursing her baby if there is any threat to her health or her baby's. If the missed fasting is obligatory (during the month of Ramadan), she can make up for the missed days whenever she can. She does not have to make up for the prayers missed for any of the above reasons. Although women can and did go into the mosque during the days of the prophet and thereafter attendance at the Friday congregational prayers is optional for them while it is mandatory for men.

This is clearly a tender touch of the Islamic teachings for they are considerate of the fact that a woman may be nursing her baby or caring for him, and thus may be unable to go out to the mosque at the time of the prayers. They also take into account the physiological and psychological changes associated with her natural female functions.This is clearly a tender touch of the Islamic teachings for they are considerate of the fact that a woman may be nursing her baby or caring for him, and thus may be unable to go out to the mosque at the time of the prayers. They also take into account the physiological and psychological changes associated with her natural female functions.

2. The Social Aspect

a) As a child and an adolescent
                Despite the social acceptance of female infanticide among some Arabian tribes, the Qur'an forbade this custom, and considered it a crime like any other murder.

“ And when the female (infant) buried alive (as the pagan Arabs used to do) is questioned: For what sin, was she killed?” (Qur'an 81:8-9).

Criticizing the attitudes of such parents who reject their female children, the Qur'an states:“ When news is brought to one of them, of (the Birth of) a female (child), his face darkens and he is filled with inward grief! With shame does he hide himself from his people because of the bad new he has had! Shall he retain her on (sufferance) and contempt, or bury her in the dust? Ah! What an evil (choice) they decide on?” (Qur'an 16:58-59).

Far from saving the girl's life so that she may later suffer injustice and inequality, Islam requires kind and just treatment for her. Among the sayings of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) in this regard are the following:“ Whoever has a daughter and he does not bury her alive, does not insult her, and does not favor his son over her, God will enter him into Paradise” (Ibn Hanbal, No.1957).

“ Whosoever support two daughters till they mature, he and I will come in the Day of Judgment as this (and he pointed with his two fingers held together)”.

A similar Hadeeth deals in like manner with one who supports two sisters. (Ibn-Hanbal, No.2104).

“ The right of females to seek knowledge is not different from that of males. Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: Seeking knowledge is mandatory for every Muslim” (Al-Bayhaqi). Muslim as used here including both males and females[20].

b) As a wife
                The Qur'an clearly indicates that marriage is sharing between the two halves of the society, and that its objectives, beside perpetuating human life, are emotional well-being and spiritual harmony. Its bases are love and mercy.

Among the most impressive verses in the Qur'an about marriage is the following:“ And among His Signs is this, that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them, and He has put between you affection and mercy. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who reflect” (Qur'an 30:21).

According to Islamic Law, women cannot be forced to marry anyone without their consent.

“ Ibn Abbas reported that a girl came to the Messenger of God, Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), and she reported that he father had forced her to marry without her consent. The Messenger of God gave her the choice… (between accepting the marriage or invalidating it)” (Ibn Hanbal No. 2469). In another version,“ the girl said: Actually I accept this marriage but I wanted to let women know that parents have no right (to force a husband on them)” (Ibn Maja, No.1873).

Besides all other provisions for her protection at the time of marriage, it was specifically decreed that woman has the full right to her Mahr, a marriage gift, which is presented to her by her husband and is included in the nuptial contract, and that such ownership does not transfer to her father or husband. The concept of Mahr in Islam is neither an actual or symbolic price for the woman, as was the case in certain cultures, but rather it is a gift symbolizing love and affection.

The rules of married life in Islam are clear and in harmony with upright human nature. In consideration of the physiological and psychological make-up of man and woman, both have equal rights and claims on one another, except for one responsibility, that of leadership. This is a matter which is natural in any collective life and which is consistent with the nature of man.

The Qur'an states:“ And they (women) have rights similar to those (of men) over them, and men are a degree above them” (Qur'an 2:228).

Such a degree is Quiwama (maintenance and protection). This refers to that natural difference between the sexes which entitles the weaker sex to protection. It implies no superiority or advantage before the law. Yet, man's role of leadership in relation to his family does not mean the husband's dictatorship over his wife. Islam emphasizes the importance of taking counsel and mutual agreement in family decisions. The Qur'an fives us an example:“ . . . If they (husband wife) desire to wean the child by mutual; consent and (after) consultation, there is no blame on them . . .” (Qur'an 2:233).

Over and above her basic rights as a wife comes the right which is emphasized by the Qur'an and is strongly recommended by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him); kind treatment and companionship.

The Qur'an states:“. . . But consort with them in kindness, for if you hate them it may happen that you hate a thing wherein God has placed much good” (Qur'an 4:19).

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:“ The best of you is the best to his family and I am the best among you to my family”.

“ The most perfect believers are the best in conduct and best of you are those who are best to their wives” (Ibn Hanbal, No.7396).

Behold, many women came to Muhammad's wives complaining against their husbands (because they beat them) - - those (husbands) are not the best of you.

As the woman's right to decide about her marriage is recognized, so also her right to seek an end for an unsuccessful marriage is recognized. To provide for the stability of the family, however, and in order to protect it from hasty decisions under temporary emotional stress, certain steps and waiting period should be observed by men and women seeking divorce. Considering the relatively more emotional nature of women, good reason for asking for divorce should be brought before the judge.

More specifically, some aspects of Islamic Law concerning marriage and divorce are interesting and are worthy of separate treatment[21].

When the continuation of the marriage relationship is impossible for any reason, men are still taught to seek gracious end for it.

The Qur'an states about such cases:“ When you divorce women, and they reach their prescribed term, then retain them in kindness and retain them not for injury so that you transgress (the limits)” (Qur'an 2:231). (See also Qur'an 2:229 and 33:49).

c) As a mother
                Islam considered kindness to parents next to the worship of God.

“ And We have enjoined upon man (to be food) to his parents: His mother bears him in weakness upon weakness...” (Qur'an 31:14). (See also Qur'an 46:15, 29:8).

Moreover, the Qur'an has a special recommendation for the good treatment of mothers:“ Your Lord has decreed that you worship none save Him, and that you be kind to your parents . . .” (Qur'an 17:23).

A man came to Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) asking:“ O Messenger of God, who among the people is the most worthy of my good company? The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, your mother. The man said then who else: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, Your mother. The man said then who else? The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), Your mother. The man asked, then who else? Only then did the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say, Your father” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

A famous saying of the Prophet is “ Paradise is at the feet of mothers” (In al'Nisa'I, Ibn-Majah, Ahmad).

“ It is generous (in character) who is good to women, and it is the wicked who insults them”.

3. The Economic Aspect
                Islam decreed a right of which woman was deprived both before Islam and after it (even as late as this century)[22], the right of independent ownership. According to Islamic Law, woman's right to her money, real estate, or other properties is fully acknowledged. This right undergoes no change whether she is single or married. She retains her full rights to buy, sell, mortgage or lease any or all her properties. It is nowhere suggested in the Law that a woman is a minor simply because she is a female. It is also noteworthy that such right applies to her properties before marriage as well as to whatever she acquire there after.

With regard to the woman's right to seek employment it should be stated first that Islam regards her role in society as a mother and a wife as the most sacred and essential one. Neither maids nor babysitters can possibly take the mother's place as the educator of an upright, complex-free, and carefully-reared children. Such a noble and vital role, which largely shapes the future of nations, cannot be regarded as "idleness".

However, there is no decree in Islam which forbids woman from seeking employment whenever there is a necessity for it, especially in positions which fit her nature and in which society needs her most. Examples of these professions are nursing, teaching (especially for children), and medicine. Moreover, there is no restriction on benefiting from woman's exceptional talent in any field. In addition, Islam restored to woman the right of inheritance, after she herself was an object of inheritance in some cultures. Her share is completely hers and no one can make any claim on it, including her father and her husband.

“ Unto men (of the family) belongs a share of that which parents and near kindred leave, and unto women a share of that which parents and near kindred leave, whether it a little or much - a determinate share” (Qur'an 4:7).

Her share in most cases is one-half the man's share, with no implication that she is worth half a man! It would seem grossly inconsistent after the overwhelming evidence of woman's equitable treatment in Islam, which was discussed in the preceding pages, to make such an inference. This variation in inheritance rights is only consistent with the variations in financial responsibilities of man and woman according to the Islamic Law. Man in Islam is fully responsible for the maintenance of his wife, his children, and in some cases of his needy relatives, especially the females. This responsibility is neither waived nor reduced because of his wife's wealth or because of her access to any personal income gained from work, rent, profit, or any other legal means.

Woman on the other hand, is far more secure financially and is far less burdened with any claims on her possessions. Her possessions before marriage do not transfer to her husband and she even keeps her maiden name. She has no obligation to spend on her family out of such properties or out of her income after marriage. She is entitled to the "Mahr" which she takes from her husband at the time of marriage.

An examination of the inheritance law within the overall framework of the Islamic Law reveals not only justice but also an abundance of compassion for woman[23].

4. The Political Aspect
                Any fair investigation of the teachings of Islam or into the history of the Islamic civilization will surely find a clear evidence of woman's equality with man in what we call today "political rights".

Both in the Qur'an and in Islamic history we find examples of women who participated in serious discussions and argued even with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) himself, (see Qur'an 58:1-4 and 60:10-12).

During the Caliphate of Omar Ibn al-Khattab, a woman argued with him in the mosque, proved her point, and caused him to declare in the presence of people: "A woman is right and Omar is wrong".

Although not mentioned in the Qur'an, one Hadeeth of the Prophet is interpreted to make woman ineligible for the position of head of state. The Hadeeth referred to is roughly translated: "A people will not prosper if they let a woman be their leader." This limitation, however, has nothing to do with the dignity of woman or with her rights. It is rather, related to the natural differences in the biological and psychological make-up of men and women.

According to Islam, the head of the state is no mere figurehead. He leads people in prayers, especially on Fridays and festivities; he is continuously engaged in the process of decision-making pertaining to the security and well-being of his people. This demanding position, or any similar one, such as the Commander of the Army, is generally inconsistent with the physiological and psychological make-up of woman in general. It is a medical fact that during their monthly periods and during their pregnancies, women undergo various physiological and psychological changes. Such changes may occur during an emergency situation, thus affecting her decision, without considering the excessive strain which is produced. Moreover, some decisions require a maximum of rationality and a minimum of emotionality - a requirement which does not coincide with the instinctive nature of women.

Even in modern times, and in the most developed countries, it is rare to find a woman in the position of a head of state acting as more than a figurehead, a woman commander of the armed services, or even a proportionate number of women representatives in parliaments, or similar bodies. One can not possibly ascribe this to backwardness of various nations or to any constitutional limitation on woman's right to be in such a position as a head of state or as a member of the parliament. It is more logical to explain the present situation in terms of the natural and indisputable differences between man and woman, a difference which does not imply any "supremacy" of one over the other. The difference implies rather the "complementary" roles of both sexes in life

Conclusion
                The first part of this paper deals briefly with the position of various religions and cultures on the issue under investigation. Part of this exposition extends to cover the general trend as late as the nineteenth century, nearly 1300 years after the Qur'an set forth the Islamic teachings.

In the second part of the paper, the status of women in Islam is briefly discussed. Emphasis in this part is place on the original and authentic sources of Islam This represents the standard according to which degree of adherence of Muslims can be judged. It is also a fact that during the downward cycle of Islamic Civilization, such teachings were not strictly adhered to by ay people who profess to be Muslims.

Such deviations were unfairly exaggerated by some writers, and the worst of this, were superficially taken to represent the teachings of "Islam" to the Western reader without taking the trouble to make any original and unbiased study of the authentic sources of these teachings.

Even with such deviations three facts are worth mentioning:

The history of Muslims is rich with women of great achievements in all walks of life from as early as the seventh century (B.C.)[24].
    It is impossible for anyone to justify any mistreatment of woman by any decree of rule embodied in the Islamic Law, nor could anyone dare to cancel, reduce, or distort the clear-cut legal rights of women given in Islamic Law.
    Throughout history, the reputation chastity and maternal role of Muslim women were objects of admiration by impartial observers.
                Throughout history, the reputation chastity and maternal role of Muslim women were objects of admiration by impartial observers.

In the case of Islam such compassionate and dignified status was decreed, not because it reflects the environment of the seventh century, nor under the threat or pressure of women and their organizations, but rather because of its intrinsic truthfulness.

If this indicates anything, it would demonstrate the divine origin of the Qur'an and the truthfulness of the message of Islam, which, unlike human philosophies and ideologies, was far from proceeding from its human environment, a message which established such humane principles as neither grew obsolete during the course of time and after these many centuries, nor can become obsolete in the future. After all, this is the message of the All-Wise and All-Knowing God whose wisdom and knowledge are far beyond the ultimate in human thought and progress.

1. SparklingJewel profile image68
      SparklingJewelposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the lengthy (big_smile) reply, very informative.

But I have to say you did not answer my question...what do YOU think about the role of women? What is your personal opinion/belief? what you think about how they are treated? what do you do that makes women equal in life? what do you think about how so many men in Islam that treat women badly and sin against the laws in the Qauran?

1. profile image0
        abeererposted 15 years agoin reply to this

SparklingJewel:
        My personal beleif is as mentioned below,
        The Qur'an provides clear-cut evidence that woman is completely equated with man in the sight of God in terms of her rights and responsibilities. The Qur'an states:“ Every person is a pledge for what he has earned” (Qur'an 74:38). It also states:“ … So their Lord accepted of them (their supplication and answered them), "Never will I allow to be lost the work of any of you, be he male or female. You are (members) of one another…” (Qur'an 3:195).

“ Whoever works righteousness --- whether male or female --- while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islamic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter)” (Qur'an 16:97).

Not only that, I also live in a country & community where I practice these beliefs very proudly. I don’t say all Muslim men are very positive and encouraging in applying the Women‘s right but yes the majority who follow even  little of Islamic rule will not deny and will stand up side by side to grant her what belongs to her.

There is a saying in Arabic which means “every country has its own graveyard" so as Islam has its own too :-) its mean we have good and bad men some of them acknowledge the women rights and some not.

You asked :what do you think about how so many men in Islam that treat women badly and sin against the laws in the Qauran? My simple answer is to punish them according to the law as there are some rules for it.

what do you do that makes women equal in life? Educate them.
        Have a nice day :-)

17. Andrew0208 profile image58
    Andrew0208posted 15 years ago

Religion is selfish and man made. I don't play it. My Master and Lord kicked against it in the Bible days! I did see why He did it. God is never religious!

18. sunforged profile image71
    sunforgedposted 15 years ago

I am no way sheltered.. i have the good fortune of living in an area where one can find many mosques, One of the Dalai lamas main sanctuaries, countless cathedrals.A major university.A very outspoken and active community of religions of all kinds..An open and accepting community and academic and religious freedom.

So I have been very much exposed to Good examples of Muslims as in those who practice what they preach..and many that are very lax in their beliefs as one would find in nay religion (although they all fast during Ramadan, go figure)..but one thing rings true among them all, no matter how open, loving or pious any one of them (and many are friends) I have yet to meet a single practitioner of Islam that didnt have an absolutely ridiculous and disgusting outlook on women.

not even once! They are all very judgmental and insulting about how they dress, how they act...yet are leering and drooling like the rest of us. They all treat their wives as chattell and are afraid to let them out of the house

There is no way Islam is the one TRUE religion (as if such a thing would ever be possible,
    absolutes are for fools) as Islam lacks unity within its core by creating a master slave relationship between genders...not to mention the unspeakable amount of violence perpetrated in the name of ALLAH...dont respond back that Christianity is the same (as i would agree)

pretty interesting how similar the two are yet...mohammed didnt just copy and change one religion to fit his culture and give it a new name..? (sarcasm)

just my two cents..prob wont read your responses anytime soon...so dont get to heated, pray for patience, i guess.

so, in conclusion, for some uncanny unexplainable reason...i have never met a muslim that didnt disparage women, ever, not one..the end

19. profile image0

Sunforged,
    If you only have read my detailed reply to SparklingJewel & London Girl and, you will not have been dissapointed :-(

I don't know what kind of men you say they are good and fast in Ramdan, and not treating wivies with respect. I will say those are the kind of people who wear the dress code of Islam but inner is still (sprit) empty from the Islamic knowledge.

My friendly advice, spend some time with True Muslims, who live and die with dignighty, who can't even harm a fly. But if some one take their rights then you will see then loins :-)

Knowledge is a key of precticing true islam. As far as Prophet Mohahmed (PBUH) concern, then know the the following fact,

During the centuries of the Crusades, all sorts of slanders were invented against the Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him.  With the birth of the modern age, however, marked with religious tolerance and freedom of thought, there has been a great change in the approach of Western authors in their delineation of his life and character.  The views of some non-Muslim scholars regarding Prophet Muhammad, given at the end, justify this opinion.

The West has still to go a step forward to discover the greatest reality about Muhammad, and that is his being the true and last Prophet of God for all of humanity.  In spite of all its objectivity and enlightenment here has been no sincere and objective attempt by the West to understand the Prophethood of Muhammad.  It is so strange that very glowing tributes are paid to him for his integrity and achievement, but his claim of being the Prophet of God has been rejected explicitly and implicitly.  It is here that a searching of the heart is required, and a review if the so-called objectivity is needed.  The following glaring facts from the life of Muhammad  have been furnished to facilitate an unbiased, logical and objective decision regarding his Prophethood.

Up to the age of forty, Muhammad was not known as a statesman, a preacher or an orator.  He was never seen discussing the principles of metaphysics, ethics, law, politics, economics or sociology.  No doubt he possessed an excellent character, charming manners and was highly cultured.  Yet there was nothing so deeply striking and so radically extraordinary in him that would make men expect something great and revolutionary from him in the future.  But when he came out from the Cave of Hira with a new message, he was completely transformed.  Is it possible for such a person of the above qualities to turn all of a sudden into ‘an imposter’ and claim to be the Prophet of God and thus invite the rage of his people?  One might ask, for what reason did he suffer all the hardships imposed on him?  His people offered to accept him as their king and to lay all the riches of the land at his feet if only he would leave the preaching of his religion.  But he chose to refuse their tempting offers and go on preaching his religion single-handedly in the face of all kinds of insults, social boycott and even physical assault by his own people.  Was it not only God’s support and his firm will to disseminate the message of God and his deep-rooted belief that ultimately Islam would emerge as the only way of life for humanity, that he stood like a mountain in the face of all opposition and conspiracies to eliminate him?  Furthermore, had he come with a design of rivalry with the Christians and the Jews, why should he have made belief in Jesus and Moses and other Prophets of God, may God praise them all, a basic requirement of faith without which no one could be a Muslim?

Is it not an incontrovertible proof of his Prophethood that in spite of being unlettered and having led a very normal and quiet life for forty years, when he began preaching his message, all of Arabia stood in awe and wonder at his wonderful eloquence and oratory?  It was so matchless that the whole legion of Arab poets, preachers and orators of the highest caliber failed to bring forth its equivalent.  And above all, how could he then pronounce truths of a scientific nature contained in the Quran that no human being could possibly have developed at that time?

Last but not least, why did he lead a hard life, even after gaining power and authority?  Just ponder over the words he uttered while dying:

“We, the community of the Prophets, are not inherited.  Whatever we leave behind is for charity.”

As a matter of fact, Muhammad is the last link of the chain of Prophets sent in different lands and times since the beginning of human life on this planet.  The following are writings of some western authors regarding Muhammad.

Lamartine, Histoire de la Turquie, Paris 1854, Vol II, pp. 276-77:

“If greatness of purpose, smallness of means, and astounding results are the three criteria of human genius, who could dare to compare any great man in modern history with Muhammad?  The most famous men created arms, laws and empires only.  They founded, if anything at all, no more than material powers which often crumbled away before their eyes.  This man moved not only armies, legislations, empires, peoples and dynasties, but millions of men in one-third of the then inhabited world; and more than that, he moved the altars, the gods, the religions, the ideas, the beliefs and souls... the forbearance in victory, his ambition, which was entirely devoted to one idea and in no manner striving for an empire; his endless prayers, his mystic conversations with God, his death and his triumph after death; all these attest not to an imposture but to a firm conviction which gave him the power to restore a dogma.  This dogma was twofold, the unit of God and the immateriality of God; the former telling what God is, the latter telling what God is not; the one overthrowing false gods with the sword, the other starting an idea with words.

“Philosopher, orator, apostle, legislator, warrior, conqueror of ideas, restorer of rational dogmas, of a cult without images; the founder of twenty terrestrial empires and of one spiritual empire, that is Muhammad.  As regards all standards by which human greatness may be measured, we may well ask, is there any man greater than he?”

Edward Gibbon and Simon Ocklay, History of the Saracen Empire, London, 1870, p. 54:

“It is not the propagation but the permanency of his religion that deserves our wonder, the same pure and perfect impression which he engraved at Mecca and Medina is preserved, after the revolutions of twelve centuries by the Indian, the African and the Turkish proselytes of the Quran...The Mahometans[1]  have uniformly withstood the temptation of reducing the object of their faith and devotion to a level with the senses and imagination of man.  ‘I believe in One God and Mahomet the Apostle of God’, is the simple and invariable profession of Islam.  The intellectual image of the Deity has never been degraded by any visible idol; the honors of the prophet have never transgressed the measure of human virtue, and his living precepts have restrained the gratitude of his disciples within the bounds of reason and religion.”

Bosworth Smith, Mohammed and Mohammadanism, London 1874, p. 92:

“He was Caesar and Pope in one; but he was Pope without Pope’s pretensions, Caesar without the legions of Caesar: without a standing army, without a bodyguard, without a palace, without a fixed revenue; if ever any man had the right to say that he ruled by the right divine, it was Mohammed, for he had all the power without its instruments and without its supports.”

Annie Besant, The Life and Teachings of Muhammad, Madras 1932, p. 4:

“It is impossible for anyone who studies the life and character of the great Prophet of Arabia, who knows how he taught and how he lived, to feel anything but reverence for that mighty Prophet, one of the great messengers of the Supreme.  And although in what I put to you I shall say many things which may be familiar to many, yet I myself feel whenever I re-read them, a new way of admiration, a new sense of reverence for that mighty Arabian teacher.”

W. Montgomery, Mohammad at Mecca, Oxford 1953, p. 52:

“His readiness to undergo persecutions for his beliefs, the high moral character of the men who believed in him and looked up to him as leader, and the greatness of his ultimate achievement – all argue his fundamental integrity.  To suppose Muhammad an impostor raises more problems than it solves.  Moreover, none of the great figures of history is so poorly appreciated in the West as Muhammad.”

James A. Michener, ‘Islam: The Misunderstood Religion’ in Reader’s Digest (American Edition), May 1955, pp. 68-70:

“Muhammad, the inspired man who founded Islam, was born about A.D. 570 into an Arabian tribe that worshipped idols.  Orphaned at birth, he was always particularly solicitous of the poor and needy, the widow and the orphan, the slave and the downtrodden.  At twenty he was already a successful businessman, and soon became director of camel caravans for a wealthy widow.  When he reached twenty-five, his employer, recognizing his merit, proposed marriage.  Even though she was fifteen years older, he married her, and as long as she lived, remained a devoted husband.

“Like almost every major prophet before him, Muhammad fought shy of serving as the transmitter of God’s word, sensing his own inadequacy.  But the angel commanded ‘Read’.  So far as we know, Muhammad was unable to read or write, but he began to dictate those inspired words which would soon revolutionize a large segment of the earth: “There is one God.”

“In all things Muhammad was profoundly practical.  When his beloved son Ibrahim died, an eclipse occurred, and rumors of God’s personal condolence quickly arose.  Whereupon Muhammad is said to have announced, ‘An eclipse is a phenomenon of nature.  It is foolish to attribute such things to the death or birth of a human-being.’

“At Muhammad’s own death an attempt was made to deify him, but the man who was to become his administrative successor killed the hysteria with one of the noblest speeches in religious history: ‘If there are any among you who worshipped Muhammad, he is dead.  But if it is God you worshipped, He lives forever.’”

Michael H. Hart, The 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Persons in History, New York: Hart Publishing Company, Inc. 1978, p. 33:

“My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world’s most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the religious and secular level.”

Hope this helped you to calm down. :-)

20. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

abeerer -

Your responses read like poorly written press releases smile

Cutting and pasting huge chunks of text is no way to win an argument.

And you did not answer any of my reasons why islam is of no interest to me. I would go so far as to say is as useless as christianity.
    big_smile

Just like the christians you are twisting words to suit. Take these two statements for example. The first one cannot be true if the second one is true and vice versa.

Which is it? Are true muslims incapable of hurting a fly, or ready to kill and murder to protect their rights? The two cannot both be true.

And I assume you meant to say "lion"?

1. aka-dj profile image64
      aka-djposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well put!
      Except the comment about christianity, (of course!). lol
      Welcome back. It's been hours & hours!  smile

Of course big_smile

I can never understand how anyone can read the bible and then claim that killing is OK with god.

Even to defend yourself.

Part of the reason I turned to the dolphin-hating is this rather glaring contradiction. And there are a bunch of zealots on the politics forum right now saying their god is in favor of killing people. sad

Of course, I suspect that genuine muslims and christians wouldn't be seen dead with a gun in their hands.........  lol

1. Andrew0208 profile image58
          Andrew0208posted 15 years agoin reply to this

You make me laugh most times. Religion makes man for the law instead of law for man. Wait a minute, these evil, selfish religious fanatics think they're defending God and Allah respectively, but their hearts are far from Him. Minus Love, any religion is empty and fruitless.

1. aka-dj profile image64
            aka-djposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Take Jesus out (of the equation) and you have NO (true) christianity. Just a shalow, religious imitation. That one, I too will ridicule, because it's as (if not more) deceptive that all the other religions. cool

2. Junkster profile image60

I thought that, at least you had the effort to read through that epic sized post!

Either way it sounds strange in my book big_smile

21. sunforged profile image71

I decided to refrain from a direct response as the obvious fault of peaceful unless provoked seems self explanatory... but I did notice this:

abeerer: theft is a crime, by the rules of man and god...unattributed posting of others works as your own, is the worst kind of theft in a community such as this.

You have 7 hubs.

1)Who is mohamad(pbuh) : Is taken from a pamphlet entitled "What they say about Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)
    (877-WHY-ISLAM Brochure)"

http://be-human.blogspot.com/2006/04/wh … ammad.html

2) women in islam:

is taken from an article "the status of women in islam"

http://www.scribd.com/doc/8910466/Islam-Hurts-Women

3) jesus peace upon him

http://www.soundvision.com/info/jesus/inislam.asp

there are actually pages and pages of this same article already on the web

4) Muslims are fundamentalists and terrorists

originally written by:DR. ZAKIR NAIK

http://towardsislam.net/islam%20and%20terrorism.pdf

Now I dont feel like going through the rest, but after reading your response to my statement, decent english, but not perfect..i read your hubs (scanned) and I could see the disparate voices (not likely written by the same author)

So I commend your choices on works...islam should be nice to women, we are not all terrorists, chrsitians and muslims are closer than you think...I think your theft of other peoples ideas evidences my statement.

practice what you preach...shouldnt you you lose a hand for this? It is stealing, please explain why it is not...and try to do so in the same perfect english your hubs are in ..ha

This is a community of writers, it offends me to see someone passing off others works as their own, what is the point? Do you think you can convert us?

In conclusion, i still never met a practicioner of islam that was kind and respectful to women, and now i have met another who steals the works of others (the second plagiarizer posting islamic propaganda i have discovered in two short months)

Stealing is wrong, bad muslim, no cookie for you

22. Junkster profile image60

Haha, caught out!
    I'm sure there's some form of writing on plagiarism which will get copy/pasted in here to defend their actions any minute now big_smile

Truth be told any time I see a post as mammoth sized as that it's pretty much clear as day that it's a cut and paste job.  Is there any rules on here for crediting authors or simply providing a link to your source?  If not there should be, not all links people put in these forums are self-promoting nonsense.  Or maybe people think it is and then wouldn't read the original article, hence copy/pasting the whole thing in to a forum post.

At least quote it, I'm sure there's a way of referencing external articles without stealing them.

haha

23. profile image0

Mark Knowles,

Well, first of all not everyone and every question get reply :-)
    Your Question of not being interested in Islam, its your headache. I am not here to force on you anything, but just to show you the fact of Islam; which some of Muslim have ruined it :-)

Yes you are right about spelling mistake, you will get use to it because I do a lot :-)

Regarding your phrase
    "Which is it? Are true Muslims incapable of hurting a fly, or ready to kill and murder to protect their rights? The two cannot both be true"

The both are true. True Muslim is so soft and merciful towards all human despite the religion, and he is Strong as Lion when he defense himself ,family his land. This is one of his good qualities to not accept injustice.

You said: "The two cannot both be true"
    I ask you why? Do you get happy if you say yes, then you can't be sad. Do you laugh? then you can't cry or feel pain. If this two feeling can get together in a person and some time at the same time then why not (Mercy and Strength” lion”) they are both Positive manners. If you have any closer friend or family member ask her at the time of giving birth doesn’t she feel pain, happy and she cry too not only that some time they don’t want child just because of pain according to some doctors report some mothers hates their child after giving birth for a period of time until they get proper treatment.

Each and every person on this planet Muslims or Non Muslims have the good and evil in him but practicing specific behavior life style also having surrounded by certain type of community makes the bad or the good part appears more and obvious.

One informatics knowledge there are so many people who knows BIBLE, QURAN, BAQWAT GEETA, RAMAYAN,and you name it, they recite it as its their own Holly Book, you can visit  Dr. Zakir Naik web page or Dr. Ahmed Dedat. Its not strange for a person to have a knowledge for all of these books, specially if  you get Master in it. :-)

Sorry for my long replies, as I use to get same questions and queries then I give same replies, paste makes it easier :-)

1. sunforged profile image71
      sunforgedposted 15 years agoin reply to this

the big hairy balls you must have: you specifically referenced two of the people you plagiarized  from Naik and Dedat, why didnt you give them a shout out when you posted their works as your own?

And sorry buddy...strong as lion when he defends his land! So when a man of any faith, makes claim to land, he in turn as the right to defend with violence his claim...wheres the strength in that...Im surely more inspired by the parables of the buddhist faith that show that compassion extends past all trespass, how can your claims on land be more valid then anothers claim to their own life, or to your land?

And hows the typing with one hand going, have you learned your lesson about stealing yet?

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

Well, it is real big of you to bother replying. But you were the one who asked me to reply, and it is rather rude not to respond. THis was your first statement:

And I told you why I would say no to your religion, and you did not respond. But, no really, thanks for the lesson in semantics smile

Semantics. You said muslims could not hurt a fly. This is clearly a lie. What you really mean is that muslims are psychopathic murders, unless they are left alone, in which case they will not hurt a fly. Excellent recommendation.....

And now you are comparing the fact that i can be happy or sad depending on my mood.

And you also feel that killing is "strength,"? This is a very poor argument, and I heartily suggest you gain a better grasp of English if you are going to attempt to twist words in this fashion. Muslims will kill, but are gentle. Not working for me I am afraid - sounds like the entire human species to me, therefore nothing special about islam.

This makes no sense in English. Try again.

I am a master in it.

No problem with the long replies. Unfortunately they do not make any sense. I am still convinced your religion is worthless.

Sorry.

1. BDazzler profile image78

To be absolutely fair Mark, I've heard no reports of muslims hurting flies. big_smile

lol

There you go.......

24. profile image0

Sunforged & Junkster,

1)    Thank you for reading my posts, but I wish if you have read it with open eyes :-) each and every posts contains the references either of the people or their books or even some time I have quoted the name of the book with its author.
    •    ISLAM THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION By Khadija Watson
    •    Who is Mohamed (PBUH)  parts reference mentioned
    2)    I am sorry to say that, references you mentioned are wrong, but I can give you the links to my originals, I will send you by emails as here in hub we are not allowed to use any links  or am I wrong???? However those topics with similarities are available on the net with million links you can get with one hit. Before accusing anyone; do your home work properly :-)

3)    According to  “Islamic Fiqh-Islamic Jurisdiction” allows (permission by scholars) to cut & paste the topics without authors permission, if the topic is used for info purpose except some authors  who still allow but with some conditions.” NOT STOLED”. FYI. Some of them are my mentor’s advices.

4)    Each of us has purpose of being on net and mine is to make information available at the right time for the right person with the right amoun. :-)

5)    My understanding was that HUB is used to share the information and get knowledge and exchange it with respect and honorably by making friends; without harsh talk, but I think I was wrong :-)

6)    BTY, my hands are fine healthy and wealthy but be careful of your’s :-)

NO NEED TO REPLY AS I WONT

25. Junkster profile image60

On second thoughts, go back to the copy/pasting, that last post made no sense whatsoever.

Although I am definitely interested in having healthy and wealthy hands!  Does that mean you are a hand model? LOL

26. TrophyMan profile image65
    TrophyManposted 15 years ago

Hmmmm,

It is estimated there are 1 Billion Muslims in the world.

It is estimated that 10-15% are Jihadists (Extremists that believe in waging Holy War, especially against the West, Christianity and Jews in particular)

That means 100-150 Million Muslims that believe killing those that are NOT Muslim is OK.  It means 'wiping Israel off the map' is OK.  It means bombing innocent civilians is OK, if done in the name of Islam.

So the rest are peace loving, then, huh?

OK, that means 850-900 Million Muslims are 'peace loving'.

However, silence is the same as tacit endorsement.

If one stands by and does NOTHING to oppose what is happening, either vocally or by action, that inaction or lack of protest is tantamount to endorsement and agreement with the 'fanatics'.

As someone once said "All it takes for Evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing".

If the 85-90% of Muslims are 'peace loving' they need to STAND UP and OPPOSE the slaughter of innocent people in the name of their religion.

How many Muslims have YOU heard from lately that openly oppose what the Fanatical Islam believes and is doing around the world?

27. topstuff profile image60
    topstuffposted 15 years ago

I think its not easy for anyone to change  ideas and way of thinking.

28. sunforged profile image71

I dont see how I wasnt clear, I was not referring to the plagiarizers forum responses but to his published hubs.

abeerer:

By publishing the works of others under your profile you are assuming ownership, as you may receive financial returns for advertising on said hubs, you are not doing this for academic reasons.

At no point in your hubs do you acknowledge or reference the original authors of your works...and NO they are not similiar they are word for word appropriations. Copy and paste, theft.

you also comment back to people who commend you for your writing... in your responses by accepting congratulations you are assuming ownership.

do you understand?

as for the purpose of hubs:

HUBPAGES TOS

You may only use Content to which You have the necessary rights, including (but not limited to) intellectual property rights regarding copyright, trademark, and trade secrets. You must have permission to use third party content from the content owners.

No, My homework was not wrong, or lacking in thoroughness...you just reached deep into your big bag of islamic propaganda without ever knowing the original authors.

why not write and think for yourself.

oh yeah, i know...your just another fanatic.

I really think you should apologize for your actions and offer up that hand in penance, or do you pick and choose what rules to follow like every other half witted zealot preacher.

Im not being harsh, you are not a martyr, as a writer who takes the time to think and create original and fresh content (many times inspired by the works of others, it is a post-modern world) I truly take offense to your small feeble collection of reposts stinking up the air around my shared soapbox....I encourage you to delete your stolen content and practice writing for yourself
    end transmission

29. profile image48
    walter enangposted 15 years ago

The only true religion is self preservation.

30. Junkster profile image60

I agree Walter,

Look after yourself and be nice to other people.  That is the only vaguely religious rule that I live by.

I don't need a massive, materialistic temple/church/cathedral/whatever to validate my belief set.
    That's one thing that bugged the heck out of me growing up: how churches are these massive, impressive buildings and then the next minute they're passing round a money basket for you to "help others".

How about not building all those expensive buildings and spending that money on the needy!

Sorry, bit off track that last comment.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)