What is your first memory and what was it about?

Jump to Last Post 1-46 of 46 discussions (104 posts)
  1. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

I'm always amazed at how early an age people remember a time in their childhood.

That, and this will help me with a hub I'm working on.

My first memory is at the age about 6 and I was playing with a life size Raggedy Anne Doll.

Unless it was a dream, but it was to vivid I think to have been one.

My next memory after that wasn't until I was 8.

What do you remember?

Thanks.

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

age 7 was a pretty slow year, eh?

tongue

1. susanlang profile image60
        susanlangposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol... you have such a funny bone..don't ever give it to your pet dog!  smile

2. profile image58
      cleafyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

my first dream was re accuring i would close my eyes and as you drift from light sleep to deep sleep for some reason i was stuck in between the two falling and falling and struggled to wake up yes i was awake but asleep if you know what i mean. dont get it anymore thank god.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was playing with my sister in the sand I was 5 years old and we are having fun until it rained so hard, then we ran and go get the chicken to their places, we ran around like crazy taking all the chicken and the chicks to their places, but I get some chicks and the mother hen was angry at me, ran after me and I was sliding at the rain, muddied and was scared of the mother hen, my mother let us in the house, We live in a farm and we have poultry and piggery.

4. teddi6 profile image61
      teddi6posted 13 years agoin reply to this

WoW!  Kimberlyslyrics, you certainly picked one to ponder...seems it's got us all responding.

My earliest "good" memory is sitting on a step stool in the coolness of my grandmothers root cellar.  I loved it there because it always smelled like strawberries.

I sit and comb my dolls hair and look at the jars of fruits and veggies that lined the shelves. It would be so cool in there in the summertime that I'd often fall asleep there.

I went back to her house as an adult, and even though there were less jars than I remembered the scent of strawberries still lingered.

5. profile image53
      mixleplixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

circumcision - i was 11 months old

6. nicregi profile image66
      nicregiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I remember the time i was small and my mom will put me to bed smile

She means a lot to me and I am glad to have her!

2. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 13 years ago

My earliest memory is of white rooms and a toy dog that I used to talk to....I miss scruffy!!!!!!

did that room have padded walls waynet?  wink  lol

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OMG me too!  The very Same, wait, you were in it............... me bad yikes

1. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was in your dream...ding dong!! hope I was very naughty!

1. profile image0

no, but fun creepy!!!!!!!!!!! tongue

Ba da boom ba da ding dong!

1. profile image0

yep, just like dat baby........whew hmm:

1. profile image0

and pimped up like only for the elite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah ding dong!

3. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

I remember being 2 years old and getting up while my mother slept on the couch and my older sister slept on the top bunk.
    I went into the kitchen, climbed up on the counter and into the cupboard where my mom kept her matches.  I got the matches and returned to my room.
    Sitting on my bed, I started lighting matches, which of course didn't light.  All of a sudden my bed was on fire!  I ran out to wake my mom who got my sister and must have called the fire department.  The next thing I remember is hiding in the stairway to the basement when a fireman opened the door to talk to me.

My next memory?  Age 4, again starting a fire.  This time with my sister and we were behind a swivel-rocker in the living room.

Firestarter ....twisted firestarter...funky mistigator!

1. Rafini profile image82
        Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

my next memory from years old is: going down the street to my friends house and being told to be home by a certain time.  When I went home (at the appointed hour) my mother and sister were gone!  I must've went back to my friends house...big_smile

hahaha, looks like my num lock was off.  I was 4 years old.

4. lender3212000 profile image59
    lender3212000posted 13 years ago

Mine was sledding on a hill in our backyard with my mom when I was about three. Why my memory decided to latch on to that, I'll never know. Sure was fun though!

5. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

I remember being in a dark warm uterus… sooooooo nice and cozy… I never wanted to leave

No wait… that’s not my first memory,..  that was last Saturday night

1. myownworld profile image73
      myownworldposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

yes, can we do  our 'last' memory instead?

2. profile image0

lol lol lol lol lol

3. susanlang profile image60

The Greek One Rules!! lol  lol

6. Polly C profile image91
    Polly Cposted 13 years ago

My first memory is sitting on the floor in the kitchen of my grandparents house, playing with a small white toy cooker, while my mum was in hospital giving birth to my sister.

Closely followed by seeing my sister in the hospital, and also sleeping at my grandparents for the same reason and not liking it, even though I loved them, because it wasn't my bed.

All of those memories are from the same few days when I was three and a half, but I don't have any other memories for ages.

7. Polly C profile image91
    Polly Cposted 13 years ago

My son, who is almost ten, can remember very specific details from the age of two including conversations and really obscure things, but maybe that's because he doesn't have to look back so far.

8. profile image0

my first memory was of Waynet and some blow up doll?  It was too big for me and I didn't have any fun.  I must of been as young as 43.  yikes

I always have this trouble of a big one, it's a curse I tell ya!!

1. profile image0

yikes

well do something about it would ya, It frightens me and how can we play now?  And don't bring those nipples up.

1. profile image0

ps- did you fake it?  The Truth.

I never fake it, I always have a big un!

1. profile image0

cool

9. Origin profile image59
    Originposted 13 years ago

I can't exactly put these in chronological order though, but it's definitely when I was a little kid. My dad and brother were teaching me how to ride a bike without training wheels. We were in the backyard between two apple trees, and they would fling me back and forth as a I wobbled this way and that while screaming.

10. lightning john profile image61
    lightning johnposted 13 years ago

My first memory? I was playing with my little friend.  Her mother made cookies for us.  It was raining then on the way home while my mother was driving we were involved in a head-on collision with an eighteen wheeler.  I was in coma for 3 days.

you can remember that?  gee, my kids were teenagers when they were knocked unconscious in an accident and neither can remember it.

11. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

My earliest memory is walking along the road with my mum and my granny. I was crying to be lifted because I was tired, but got told I was almost home. Then one of them lifted me up and I could see the house right there in front of me. The grass verge at the side of the road had obscured my vision.My mum has since told me I was only about 18 months old at the time.

12. Sparhawke profile image61
    Sparhawkeposted 13 years ago

Jumping up and down on the bed when I was about two and breaking all the springs :p

13. saddlerider1 profile image58
    saddlerider1posted 13 years ago

One of my first memories was on my sixth birthday, I remember grabbing a slice of birthday cake, running outdoors and across the street to being hit by a car and flying through the air and landing on my head, causing me to spend weeks int the Childrens Hospital in Montreal, the nice part was receiving lots of toys from the man who ran me over, he must have felt so badly, also the ice-cream and jello the nurses fed me.

1. lightning john profile image61
      lightning johnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought I only had luck like that!  Sorry to hear of it.

14. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

My sister lifting me into the bath and me trying to tell her that I still had my socks on - I can remember what she was wearing and the colour of the room.

1. profile image0

hey you

good to see you question; was your sister wearing socks?  If you can remember.

1. profile image0
        china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hey you back !

My sister was ten or eleven years old and apparently it was when I was just starting to talk - my first recorded incident of somebody NOT listening to me, but definitely not the last LOL

I remember her face looked real big and her hair style !

How have you been without me ?

15. profile image0

darn.  I can't remember what I was going to say.  I hate that.

16. timorous profile image81
    timorousposted 13 years ago

It's sometimes hard to distinguish a thought memory from a reminded memory after looking at old photos of yourself or your family.

I seem to have a rather photographic memory (even without the actual photos).  I can recall an ice storm where the power went off for a long time.  My parents took my brother and I to a Chinese restaurant, as that was the only thing open that still had the power on.  I must have been maybe 5.  I remember not liking the meal much.hmm

17. molstersmom profile image61
    molstersmomposted 13 years ago

I remember looking down at off-white linolium flooring and looking up at wood varnished cabinets in tiny kitchen in Michigan. I'm not sure how old I was, but to put things in perspective, I moved to Texas when I was four.

I must have been 2 or 3 because I remember being in a "big girl bed"! (smile) My memory has never changed, though the pieces of a murky and twilight-zonish memory have gained more realistic explanations over the years. In my three year old mind, it was scary. I would sit in bed, wide-eyed, listening to the little elf-ish squad of hall-roamers marching in perfect time up and down the hallway.  I would pull my covers up to my nose and pretend not to hear them. I don't rememebr where I thought they were marching to,  maybe to the kitchen for food. I just remember the repetition of that hollow echo in their steps. Knock, knock, knock, knock. It was creepy, but the kind of creepy you from  "Drop Dead Fred" or "Beetlejuice", not horror flick creepy.
    Anyway, making a long story even longer, I always thought these hall gnomes lived in the black box under my parent's bed and I would sometimes sneek a fast peak under the dust ruffle in the mornings to make sure there were no stragglers.

I, well the 3 year old I,  contrived this entire scenario from a combination of the ticking grandfather clock and my father's trumpet case under his bed - guess it's no wonder I love writing now!

Great question.

1. profile image0

That's unbelievable.  Thanks.

18. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 13 years ago

this is probably a disgusting memory but it is my first.  School first week, could not open the door that led out to toilet, seemed to think, if i ignored the call of nature it would go away.  I drank my horrible milk they used  to make you drink at school, then eh guess what a puddle.  Two girls who were huge at the time, to me and scary took me home to my mum.

about twenty some years later, i got a job in the same school in the nursery....... the door was still very difficult to open for the kids.... wonder how many puddles have been on the floor.

You did ask

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 13 years agoin reply to this

when I was in Kindergarten, we had one bathroom. It had one toilet. Our school had about 90 kids grade k-8. My class had six. One day, I was wearing a jumper. I had to use the restroom, forgot to lock the door, and there was no toilet paper, I didn't know what to do so I sat there. Then a first grade boy went to use the restroom, didnt knock, and walked in. He said "YOUR NAKED!!!" and stood there wide eyed...I said.."yeah, get me some toilet paper."

19. alekhouse profile image72
    alekhouseposted 13 years ago

One of my earliest memories is of my sister and I dancing
    together on one of the Bob-Lo boats in the summer. We were four and five years old. The boat traveled from Detroit, where I was born, to a little island called Bob-Lo, where you could picnic, play baseball, and ride on a few rides.

We took many trips there, because our father was the band leader on one of the boats. I remember how proud we were of him on that first trip. Our whole family was there, all of whom are no longer living, except for my sister and I.

1. profile image0
      poetlorraineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

do you have pictures of dancing on the Bob. Lo boats, sounds fun

20. FranyaBlue profile image74
    FranyaBlueposted 13 years ago

My earliest memory is of me stealing a bunch of toy keys from a chemist (the rubbery kind for babies to chew on)...My mum wouldn't buy them for me so I stuck them in my trousers lol....according to my mum I was only about 3 or 4 at the time.

21. profile image0
    Justine76posted 13 years ago

crawling under the kitchen sink to pull out the tupperware. My Mom insited I couldn't possably remember that, but I do. I told her where the dog food was and what the dishes looked like, then she gave me this...
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/2783539_f260.jpg
    I had never seen the pic before I brought up the memories thing.
    on the back it says I was 17 or 18 months.

22. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

I have several vivid memories of things that happened at a house we lived in that my mom says we moved from when I was 2 yrs old.  One is of our dog that had gotten hit by a car and he was dripping blood on the living room floor.  Another was of an owl that was perched on our back porch hooting.  Another was the kids next door. 

My daughter has memories of things she did before 2 yrs old too because we also changed houses when she was 2.

23. susanlang profile image60
    susanlangposted 13 years ago

My first memories was of the car crash at age 17, I dont remember anything before that age!

1. KCC Big Country profile image86
      KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry to hear that. I assume the crash caused the loss of memories before than time.  Is there any hope of recovering them over time or with therapy?

Thank you for such honest kindness.  As I said KCC, car crash at age 17. I don't remember anything (before)  age 17.  When I was 17, my doctor said if my memories come back he will be amazed since I had a very bad head injury in the wreck.  By the way, I like your monkey photo. The other forum has lots of talk regarding bananas.. have you introduced yourself there? smile

1. KCC Big Country profile image86
          KCC Big Countryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope you don't mind me asking, but judging from your profile info, your accident was quite a few years ago, so it seems you've adjusted to not having those pre-17 yr old memories, right?  I just find it so sad, but I assume you're just grateful to be alive.  The rest of us really do take our memories for granted.

I'll have to hunt down the banana forum. smile   There's a story behind my monkey avatar.  I have a hub called "The Clapping Monkey" that relates how it came about if you're interested.

KCC,  in regards to your question, Re: pre- 17 yr old memories"  You said you read my profile, right?  So, what do you think?  Oh..and I'll look for your monkey hub, thanks for promoting it here in the forums! smile

1. Paradise7 profile image69
              Paradise7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Susan, wow, that is kinda...sad, but maybe not.  Maybe what's missing isn't all good.

One of my very earliest memories (I was about two, I think) was sitting outside, under a pine tree, in a pool of myrtle.  That was a good one.  I love the color purple ever since!

Paradise, I love the color purple as well.  And I will not speculate on life before 17. I'll stop by and check out your hubs soon. smile

24. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

my first memories are when i was around 5 and playing with my eldest sister..

25. joaniemb profile image61
    joaniembposted 13 years ago

My first memory, I was 2 and my Mom took me to the shoe store for a new pair of shoes. I did not want the man to touch my feet (guess I was scared) so I kicked him. Don't remember if I got shoes or how embarrassed my Mom was.

26. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

My first memory is of what it would be like to live with a woman.

I was in the pram with my twin sister when she drank her milk then all of mine! smile

1. pisean282311 profile image61
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. profile image0

she shouldn't have not drank yours too.  I'm sorry, not cool.

here buddy

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:PuGITaBVLyU43M:http://www.caswells-moms.com/e-shop/images/categories/Milk-Cream.jpg

27. profile image0

http://www.scientificamerican.com/media/inline/the-power-of-the-memory-molecule_1.jpg

28. profile image0
    blatvaposted 13 years ago

First memory is when I was two or three. It was an overcast day, and the sun barely made it through the clouds. My brother was about to run off with the neighbor girl,  Who I think he liked, and they were going to go sell kool-aid. And I was crying in a chair in the living room because he didn't want to bring his kid sister with him. I remember crying and crying, hugging my orange blanket, until I finally fell asleep.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

1. profile image0
        blatvaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

>yikes   He was mean to little ol' me.  Lol.  But I forgive him  smile He was like.. 10.

I remember my brother snatching a chocky biscuit off me when I was 2 or 3 and because he was told to give it back he threw it at my head and it shattered into many pieces....it's funny though when we grow up, usually things get better and they did...just when we are kids I suppose!

29. gracenotes profile image88
    gracenotesposted 13 years ago

All memories from age 3:

1.  Cutting a record of my singing.  My dad was a part-time engineer at a local radio station, and decided to immortalize my voice on an LP.  Sadly, I have lost that LP of me singing.  But I remember sitting there at the mike and watching as the sound of my voice pegged the meter.

2.  Having the chicken pox and wearing pajamas with a pink rosebud print.

3.  Being told by my mom that we would soon be going to a new church building for worship services.

30. torimari profile image66
    torimariposted 13 years ago

I remember when I was 3-4 going to this fairyland themed park. I remember sitting on a big mushroom with my dad. I found pictures of it later.

Certain things also arouse memories that I didn't know I could recall...however, sometimes I forget them again. I do remember many of my dreams from as young as 5. They were so much more vivid.

31. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

being shot out of a cannon and then swimming in the dark

1. profile image0

Baby, that was me and just last Tuesday.....geez  lay off the .............

xoxoxoxoxx

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image62
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

kimberlyslyrics - u crack me up!!! LOL

32. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Umm, sharing ass sights at the kindergarten, around 3 or 4 may be? big_smile

33. susanlang profile image60

now that the thread slowed down I'll try and pick it back up... this morning I remembered to cash a check someone gave me. Funny thing happened, it was for $3.00 and it bounced.  Anyone have any wooden nickles? lol

34. susanlang profile image60

Anyone know what a wooden nickle is? Anyone? smile

35. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 13 years ago

Okay, I read this forum post a few times since it was started, and was a little depressed to find that I was struggling to remember my early childhood. But I think I got it, my first memory was when I was 4 years old. My family and I were living in New Jersey. My older sister and I would play in the hall next to the stair case, which acted as a perfect place to sit all of my baby dolls. It was cold outside and I decided that my baby doll needed to have her blanket warmed up, so that she could get warm. So I took by babies blanket (a dish towel I swiped from the pile of unfolded laundry on the couch) and threw it on top of the kerosene heater. (it was hot, so I was sure it would work quite nicely as a blanket warmer). It warmed the blanket alright...I am not sure how long it took for the blanket to catch fire-but I know it wasn't long. I remember the smoke alarm going off, my mother running towards us from the kitchen, my father running down the stairs and my tattle tale big sister just pointing at me with a look that said, it wasn't me-she did it (I stood glaring back at her, hoping she would drop dead-what a rat my sister was, lol). Needless to say, I was in trouble-and was sent to sit in my room where I cried. When my Mother came in to check on me, she sat down next to me and hugged me, telling me how much she loved me and how much I scared the heck out of her and my dad. She pulled me onto her lap and squeezed me so hard I couldn't breath, but I didn't care-she was always so busy-she never seemed to hold me like that anymore. I remember the way her perfume smelled and the comfort I got from her embrace as I sat on her lap holding her as close as I could get to her. Even though I was in a heap of trouble, that is not only my first vivid memory, it is one of my most cherished.

1. timorous profile image81
      timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awwww.  Shucks Ms. Porter.  That thar story warms the cockles of my heart. smile  [You can say cockles here, caint' ya?]

1. profile image0

no you can't but no one noticed smile

1. H.C Porter profile image80
          H.C Porterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol...
          i think you can say it, as long as you say it quietly and to yourself  big_smile

1. profile image0

good point girl

how do we get tim the information? big_smile

2. profile image0

ps

that hat really is smkin hot

[can i say smkin/rap style?]

yikes

yes, you may...as long as you are saying it in a laid back stance-while rubbing your chin in a creepy kinda way  big_smile

36. profile image0

however no one has commented on my smokin hot ass and I have had it for 2 days. sigh.

[can I say ass?]

what thread is this again, oh ya mine, so I can hi jack my own thread

wwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooo

Oh contraire my dear friend- I have commented on your tushy twice. Once on your hub and another time in a Forum post... Do not worry, it has been admired  big_smile

2. profile image0

sorry, I did notice, but did not have the time to say so. smokin hot asssssss!!!!

3. timorous profile image81
      timorousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course I noticed girl, and yes..you're hot for sure.  Same goes for H.C. But you know me..I respect y'all too much.

I suspect your butt has been hot for longer than 2 days though, depending on whether the chair you do your computing from is a nice, breatheable cotton, or black leather..just a thought.

37. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

Mine is going to kindy at four and crying.

1. profile image0

I cried my head off when I went to preschool!

38. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 13 years ago

I have many instances which I remember from my early childhood years but the most amazing one was when I was age 4 or 5 running after my dog, Jackie, down hill and missed my step and had a broken knee. The amazing thing was that my dog called up my mother who then saw me with the injury. It died many years back.

1. deosfluviatilis profile image72
      deosfluviatilisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your's sounds painful.

I like mine better.

1. soni2006 profile image76
        soni2006posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes it is deo.

39. deosfluviatilis profile image72
    deosfluviatilisposted 13 years ago

My very first memory is one of either two. I'm not sure which came first. I'll relate my favorite.

Sitting on my dad's lap on the rose planter outside our front door while he sang the "with her head tucked underneath her arm" song to us and my older sisters danced barefoot in the dirt. The song was about King Henry being haunted by one or the other of his beheaded wives-

"said he are you jane seymour, anne boleyn, or cathryn parr?
    Now how the sweet st. mary ann, should I know who you are
    with your head tucked underneath your arm.."

Great song. My mother hated it, and the memory includes her coming out onto the porch to yell at him to stop singing it to us cause it was gonna give us nightmares.

He didn't listen to her though, and it never gave any of us any nightmares. Great song. Great memory. Not only very possibly my first, but definitely among my favorite memories ever.

Thanks for bringing it up!

40. SomewayOuttaHere profile image62
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

i'm told many people (I guess from N.Amer.) have an early memory of the day JFK was assassinated (those even as young as 5 yrs. old). (President Kennedy)  I think I heard it in a post-secondary class discussion.

41. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 13 years ago

Also, thank you so much kimberlyslyrics for bringing this up. Because of you, I was swimming in my memories of childhood, some bad, some good, some sore, some sweet. After all, this is called life. Isn't it?

42. swapna123 profile image60
    swapna123posted 13 years ago

My first memory is that when i was around 2 and half years old !
    I was standing near our house and my mom was talking to a neighbor when couple of neighborhood dogs came running. One dog came so close near me it's nose touched my head,and i was dead scared. All this before my mom could pick me up. Maybe because i was so scared, i remember the event along with the color of the dog, the color of my frock at that time, everything. And, i am still scared of dogs sad

43. the clean life profile image70
    the clean lifeposted 13 years ago

My first memory was around 2 years old and my parents took me to Florida for the first of many more vacations. I loved Florida ever since than.

44. stilljustwonderin profile image60
    stilljustwonderinposted 13 years ago

My first memory I was around 4 years old.  My Dads leg was broke, he had crutches.  He was sitting in the car, his crutches leaning against it.  I was standing across the road picking blackberries singing How Far is Heaven.  When I got to the part where it says "I want my Daddy to hold me tight".  He hollered at me to go to him and get a hug.  I did.

45. profile image52
    Falaposted 13 years ago

iwas 6 years old and i was busted stealing another students lunch at school. It was a scary moment..but i was hungry.

46. salvacion profile image60
    salvacionposted 13 years ago

my first memory was when i was about three years old and i was wondering why everything around me seems so big..i would wait and see what my mama was doing while she's cooking and asked what she was doing and it felt like the very same day my sisters and brother brought me to school and they brought me from one classroom to the other. At first i went to grade two classroom of my sister, then while the teacher was teaching i was playing at her desk with her daughter. Then my brother took me to his classroom(grade 5) and everyone went crazy over me, they were all playing with me, probably even pinched me. i felt like a superstar but didn't know why i cried a lot, then my brother put me in his shoulders and took me to my eldest classroom who was in grade six and then i stopped crying there coz the kids were much nicer i think..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)