Is Judas considered as a bad man???

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (18 posts)
  1. white atlantic profile image59
    white atlanticposted 13 years ago

All incidents in Christs life are pre-written and the main incident of christianity is Christ's death and Judas came in the way as an instrument for all these happening?then he seems as one innocent man.....?He might not intend that but he may be forced to do so to happen all these as written in prophecies...what is your opinion?? if you say that he condemned for his own sin, if he is not there ...surely another one was needed there to happen all these...when why Judas is considered as  a bad person??

1. profile image58
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Judas did the will of God, at the time he did betray Jesus, greed was a major reason, He later threw the money away, and killed himself because of what he had done, Was he a bad man?  that is a good question,  can a moment of sin in your life change your whole future? it did for Judas

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is written that Jesus looked at Judas and said, "Go and do what you must do"
           They may have even discused this beforehand????
          Sounds to me that he was following Jesus' instructions.
          If that is true?
          I don't think that Judas should be considered as a sinner for that act.
          That is my thoughts anyway.

2. stilljustwonderin profile image60
      stilljustwonderinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Satan entered into Judas and he went and betrayed Jesus.  It was part of the fulfilling of scripture.  After Jesus was taken Judas repented of his sins.  He tried to give the money back, but they wouldn't take the"blood" money.  Judas threw the money down and left it.
      He felt so much remorse over what he had done  that he killed his self.  I think he was forgiven.

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Even after committing suicide(taking his own life)? hmm

And you think he was forgiven? lol So much for understanding your own religion.

1. stilljustwonderin profile image60

Yes I do think he was forgiven.  He repented.  He felt sorry for what he done and tried to give the money back.  He killed his self because he felt so much remorse.  Imagine doing something that caused some one else to be killed.  That knowledge would be very hard to live with.  I know you don't believe in God, that's your right, but I do, and I believe he looks into our hearts.

But in your own words, you said he committed suicide. And according to the bible, which is supposedly god's words and will, suicide is a sin in and of itself.

So stop and think about it? lol

1. profile image58

Cagsil, just where is that written

Hey Exorter,

Thou Shall Not Kill! Duh!

That does include self. lol

1. profile image58

where is that, can you look it up

1. puebloman profile image59
                    pueblomanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No no exhorter is quite right. There is nothing against suicide in the New Testament. Anti suicide laws were framed by the founding Christian fathers, so that Christianity wouldn't simply die out. You have to understand that after Jesus death he was expected to reappear immanently on the right hand of the father, separating sheep from goats. So Christians started to behave like some modern Muslims. They sought martyrdom. In order to go straight to heaven, Christians started defacing images of the Roman gods, hoping to be thrown to the lions. When Roman magistrates dismissed them from the court as attention seeking prats, they started to throw themselves off the Tarpian rock. This is where anti suicide laws came from. The apostles were simply doing what people in this forum are doing - making it up as they go along. Read  the poet A.A.Alvarez's book "Suicide" (penguin)

2. stilljustwonderin profile image60

Yes, suicide is killing.  One of the things that Jesus had against the Pharasses is that they held to the letter of the law and didn't look into a mans heart.  What was in Judas's heart?  Repentance, regret?  His heart was in pain over what he done.
              The people who killed Jesus was happy about what they were doing.  Yet as Jesus was nailed to the cross he said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do."  If he could forgive the people who killed him don't you think he can forgive some one who is in so much pain that they just can't live with what they done?

3. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We are not ones to be judging the fate of Judas, however to his disciples the savior did say; "good were it for that man if he had never been born."

It is a revrencing thought of the sorrow that he will feel for the eterinities to come.

4. profile image49
      Anicholposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Judas was a thief well before Jesus spoke of being betrayed at the last supper.

John 12:6
      "He said this, though, not because he was concerned about the poor, but because he was a thief and had the money box and used to carry off the monies put in it."

Judas is remorseful only after he realises what he has done but his desires for money is what drove him to betray jesus.

I dont believe he was chosen for this exactly but his desires lead him to fulfill the prophecies.

Psalms 55
      12 For it was not an enemy that proceeded to reproach me;
      Otherwise I could put up with it.
      It was not an intense hater of me that assumed great airs against me;
      Otherwise I could conceal myself from him.
      13 But it was you, a mortal man who was as my equal,
      One familiar to me and my acquaintance,
      14 Because we used to enjoy sweet intimacy together;
      Into the house of God we used to walk with the throng.

To believe he was chosen and forced to do these things would be wrong and would bring into question Jesus message but ultimately the bible is there to discern hearts so what you see might not be what i see.

I like to google for answers and find studying both for and against articles help you better form an opinion.

You will do yourself no favours if you only look for the answers you want to hear.

This verse stands out to me in regards to not only Judas but all of us

Luke 16:11
      Therefore, if YOU have not proved yourselves faithful in connection with the unrighteous riches, who will entrust YOU with what is true?

5. kess profile image60
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sin is the yardstick which men uses to judge good and evil, and thus judgement is passed upon Judas....

But reality is this all men will do God's will.
      Now whether with knowledge or in ignorance is the defining thing.

Where there is the ignorance of the Will of God, sin is inevitable.

Where there is the knowledge of the will of God,  sin is impossible.

So just as it is with Judas is the same with you.

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Life is easier to understand when we look at it in its simplisity.

What you just said is simple TRUTH.

2. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

I believe there's a special clause that covers suicide in fulfillment of scriptures. It's not like rank-and-file, everyday suicide.

3. beebong profile image57
    beebongposted 13 years ago

He was an essential tool that released Jesus first to temptation and later to the divine for us all to realise the gifts of the spirit; and that was his gift.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)