do you believe in UFO?

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (186 posts)
  1. Bikash jha profile image60
    Bikash jhaposted 13 years ago

DO you think they exist.

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They do.  I saw one when I was around 11 or 12. My sister did too. We saw it pretty close, in broad daylight, for several minutes.  Can't prove they were aliens, not even saying it was, but thirty some years I still haven't seen our Air Force roll anything like it out.  It did take more than a few decades for the mysterious Delta Wing UFOs to become clear, so I'm willing to allow that what I saw probably will too.  But, if they don't roll them out pretty soon, I'm going back to believing it was aliens like I did when I was a kid.

Bikash jhaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

YOU really did, what was it like

It was a metallic "colored" trapezoid otherwise completely unadorned, flying about forty feet off the ground roughly four hundred yards away.  It was smaller than the barn it flew over, which was slightly closer to us than the object.  We watched it for about maybe two minutes, traveling from left to right slowly until it disappeared between two hills on our property.  We didn't see it come out the other side, but that may be because we ran to get our mom.  That's all I saw, that's all I know. I have no conclusions, and your guess is as good as mine as to what I saw and what it means, ruling out drugs or other stimulants, obviously, because I was 11 and hadn't discovered booze yet.  smile

I agree with Merlin when he says, "Pure and simple they may be natural phenomena or purely man made" but I absolutely disagree with his "what they are not is visitors from outer space."  I feel to make such a certain claim requires some access to information that is not actually available (unless Merlin is talking to God or something... but that's a whole new issue).  To me that sort of statement reads much like a, "The world is flat and attempts to sail beyond a certain point will drop you right off," kind of thing.  Not that it's absurd or even impossible, it's just merely based on the observations and conjecture of a species that's already proven time and again how totally wrong about everything it it thinks it knows but can't prove.

thanks for sharing dude

2. double_frick profile image60
      double_frickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i see something strange every night.
      EVERY night.
      i look up and suddenly what i think is a star begins to move and then fly across the sky. its so high up...literally looks like a star. sometimes they go straight across the sky. sometimes they kinda zig-zag. when i was camping me *and* my boyfriend saw one, like, warp out of our atmosphere or something. outta sight, at least.

anyways. i know this is not my imagination.
      although i do not know what it is, could be a military UFO, but its definitely not airplanes.

besides that, i believe in "it all"
      i seriously consider all possibilities and the truth is often stranger than fiction, no doubt.

1. John for truth profile image60
        John for truthposted 13 years agoin reply to this

double_frick

I see the same thing EVERY night. It's like it waits for me to look and then it starts moving all around. I've tried squinting to see if it's just my imagination or if this star like looking thing is really moving. I even hold my hand up making a small opening on the end to look out of. The object zig zags around and moves into and out of the opening I have in my hands. It sometimes spins rapidly in circles!

When I look at other stars, they just sit there and shine.

I'm so happy someone else sees what I do. I showed my wife the same thing and she sees it too.

3. profile image53
      michoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Genesis 6: 1-4

It happened, when men began to multiply on the surface of the ground, and daughters were born to them,
      that [b]God's sons saw that men's daughters were beautiful, and they took for themselves wives of all that they chose.[\b]
      Yahweh said, "My spirit will not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; yet will his days be one hundred twenty years."
      [b]The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when God's sons came to men's daughters.  They bore children to them: the same were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.[\b]

The scripture indicates the existence of angels who intereacted with humans even into hybrid marriage (to deviate God's creatures), which produced giants (called nephilims).  For more on this, read

http://www.returnofthenephilim.com/
      http://www.herealittletherealittle.net/ … ons-of-God

God did not tamper with this hybrid marriage because it was not part of His intention and thus brough a huge and high flood to destroy these giants and all people that interacted with them.

Jesus described His second return by the expression [b]"As in the days of Noah" [\b](Matthew 24: 37-38; Luke 17: 26, 2 Peter 2: 5...).  What is seen today of UFO is nothing but the fallen angels appearing again (and they will interact even more) just before the second coming of Jesus.  Jesus said  that heavens and earth might pass away but His words do not pass away (Matthew 24: 35).

Fallen angel! is here any body else who believe in similar theory?

1. Sunshiney31 profile image69
          Sunshiney31posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do.That has been my theory for several years now. i started doing research and wondering,because I have seen strange objects in the sky. I know there is something out there.I also believe history repeats itself. The Bible is a wonderful history book if you are open to believe it.I mean really people have drawn ufo's and likenesses to what we call aliens for thousands of years.There is so much we can't explain,it seems to me the explainations lay right before us.We just have to learn how to decode these explainations.They are clues everywhere,and I believe the Bible is a great place to look. Fallen Angels yes that's what I think we are seeing.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
            Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. But, it's when people start to think and do the research is where the bible falls down as a history book. smile

I have done my research and human are flawed so yes some versions of the bible fall short, just as we do when we are retelling our history. I'm simply saying I believe there is truth to be told in those pages, as with hieroglyphics and cave drawings. You have to sift through the wheat to come up with the good stuff.

1. luvpassion profile image62
                luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Apache myth of creation:

"In the beginning nothing existed, only darkness was everywhere. Suddenly from the darkness emerged a thin disc, one side yellow and the other side white, appearing suspended in midair. Within the disc sat a small bearded man, Creator, the One Who Lives Above. When he looked into the endless darkness, light appeared above. He looked down and it became a sea of light. To the east, he created yellow streaks of dawn. To the west, tints of many colors appeared everywhere. There were also clouds of different colours. He also created three other gods: a little girl, a Sun-God and a small boy.

Many myths and legends mention similiar experiences.

1. Pearldiver profile image67
                  Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why are you Spamming Here Mate? hmm

You know the rules on self promotion hmm

I'm sure we'd all like to post links like you... but we respect the site! Why don't you start doing that huh? hmm

If you are in doubt.... Read your TOS agreement sad

I'm not spamming? Just where I got the myth.

I removed the link  okay... smile

2. Bikash jha profile image60

Hey mate how you doing

2. John for truth profile image60

The truth is plastered all over the ancient Egyptian monuments about our beginning. The Pyramids hold much of the truth. The giants that created our race, were of an extra terrestrial race called the Anunnaki. They were giants that the bible is referring to. They were IN the earth then and after. What that means is that they lived inside of the earth, UNDER the crust. The Earth is hollow now and was then. They are still there! They live IN the earth. THEY created US. A lot of the crafts seen are the ET's that live here on this planet coming and going. Some are seen in the oceans and others are seen in other areas. They can travel in and out of our dimension. They can be there and disappear, or vanish, although still there, we just can't see them.

Some say the Pyramids are used to access these underground facilities where they live. Also there are entrances at the poles. Google "hollow earth" and look at the NASA photos of the north pole. It's a HUGE hole in the earth about 1400 miles across. All flights are diverted away from it on purpose so not to see the entrance into our hollow earth.

There are other races that are communicating with select individuals, as guides.

Our earth is ascending, it will become the NEW earth. Something that has never happened before. There was a similar time in history and that is where "Atlantis" came into play. It disappeared under the sea. This time that will not happen. This time, there will be catastrophe after another and our earth will go through tremendous turmoil. Many will parish, but those that chose light will ascend, those that don't will wither remain here on this earth in it's current state, solving their karmic issues or will parish.

UFO's are real, aliens are real, we are aliens so to speak!

I wonder where the Anunnaki hide the magma that spews from volcanoes and from between tectonic plates? wink

The volcanic magma and the OIL isn't as deep as you think. The crust of the earth goes down about 800 miles and it's hollow from there. There is also a central sun in the middle of the planet

Beelzedad,

Don't believe everything you were taught as a child, or adult for that matter. Lies have been spread since the beginning of time. They tell only what they want you to hear and believe.

So, how did you get your information? smile

Research and common sense mainly.
                  It started while researching how an ancient tribe of prehistoric people could POSSIBLY have built the pyramids. They are precisely engineered and aligned with the poles and stars. The other obvious evidence is HOW did the Maya create a calendar that is accurate beyond anything else ever created?

The answers are obvious, THEY had help! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to determine there HAD to be help. The HUGE blocks that were used to construct those pyramids weighed TONS. They had to be cut and moved up the side of the pyramid, they also had to be put specifically in certain places and all of this aligns astrologically. Imagine trying to build one TODAY, let alone thousands of years ago.

There are also crop circles, YES some are man made, but some are NOT and appeared just before daylight with hidden messages. The messages have helped to point to answers that put all of this together.

Go back and do some research on the ancient cave paintings and artwork. They clearly show ET's and flying saucers in the background. They show GODS, that used flying machines. They called them GODS, because they could FLY. They could fly because they had TECHNOLOGY.

Many of the books of the bible, if you take them LITERALLY, actually talk about ET's and creation. If you take what has been taught to us over the years, you have to modify what the book actually says. So why NOT take it literally? The book of Genesis tells about creation and it goes along with the research that I have done.

We (humans) were created in HIS image. The HIS, is not the Divine GOD or source, but the creator of OUR species. The human form was already created and living on other planets. These ET's came to earth and took their DNA and used it to create US from the primates living here on this planet. That also goes along with what is taught in science of evolution. Funny thing is THEY can't find the MISSING link, that is because there ISN'T one! The ET's (Giants) took the primates and used their DNA and created US! Our scientist are TRYING to do this today...cloning, have you heard of it? Guess what, we already know how to do it! We (Elite) learned it from the ET's.

This life form was supposed to be designed using 12 strands of DNA, however our DNA was altered and we only have 2! That is why we are so easily manipulated and have forgotten what our true selves are capable of. That is also why we CAN'T see some ET's or MOST for that part. They are multidimensional. They can come in and out of our dimension at will. They can be visible or UN-visible at moments notice. They can communicate using telepathy, and so could we if we knew HOW. Our true selves do know how, we just forgot! our DNA has been altered.

Now, look around and ask yourself, "are things a little different right now?" Does it seem that people are beginning to question the SUPPOSED truths over the years? That is because the AWAKENING has begun. People are waking up to this illusion that we have all been part of. It's just like the movie "Matrix." This world we know is an illusion. We see what THEY want us to see. But some of us are beginning to see other things and putting the facts together. As more and more awaken the controlling Elite will lose their grip and the chains of slavery will be removed.

The year that everyone is scared of "2012" is a very real thing. But it will mean different things for different people. For some, there will be catastrophes galore and death! For some there will be enlightenment and ascension. In order to ascend you MUST first AWAKEN to the lies. You must chose "love and light" and lose your grip on the EGO. Once you make a conscious decision to do that, you will begin finding the truth and your journey will begin.

You will get all of your answers, including the ones you asked earlier. They will just come to you, either in dreams, or randomly. You will get signs and signals that you are on the right track. It's possible you have ALREADY began this process and that is why you are here on this forum asking ME these questions. YOU really want to know, deep down.

So, go find your answers! When you begin, you will receive help.

There is no indication whatsoever that they had help. In fact, several expeditions have gone to Egypt in an attempt to replicate the building of those pyramids and they found several methods that would have worked, no problem.

Crop circles are all man made, the hoaxters have revealed all their methods.

I don't need to do the research to know those are fakes doctored up in pictures to fool the gullible, again with the hoaxters admitting it.

That would be your personal interpretation. I've never seen anything in the bible remotely concerning ET.

No, it isn't taught. Where did that species come from? Who created them?

That would be your personal opinion and is not supported by and evidence.

Personal opinion not based on any evidence. Why was DNA supposed to have 12 strands? Where did you get that from?

Conspiracy theories. Your personal opinions based on a Hollywood movie, with bad actors, too.

More personal opinions not supported by any evidence.

Daydreaming does not equate to evidence.

Don't you just love it when people make extraordinary claims and then tell you to go off looking for the answers to support their claims. smile

2. Beelzedad profile image58

How do you know this? smile

How do YOU know anything? When you figure out things from within, you will find the truth. You can listen to people, ME, OTHERS and still not be sure. It is when YOU, and I am not talking about the person you are looking at in the mirror, i am talking to YOU, the SPIRIT. That is who YOU really are. Your spirit knows what the truth is. When you begin to find clues, you will also begin to REMEMBER and know what you are learning is true.

If you look in the papers, watch television and listen to the president speak, you will have to listen carefully to PARTS of what is being said. There are some truths, but also deceptions to lead and misdirect you.

This will begin to make sense if the truth is what you are looking for. It's like a game or a puzzle. It all seems so difficult and confusing, but as you begin to put the pieces together, you will begin to see a picture and then the remaining pieces are easier. Soon you will see a beautiful picture and wonder, WHY it took so long.

It's a journey, good luck!

I take the time to learn things, to understand how things work. I can even do my own experiments to support what I've learned. I never take my own personal experiences as anything but a perception of what might be real or not.

I have no idea how that is relevant to your claims.

It would appear that whatever you have conjured in your mind, you look for things to support them, whether they are real or not or something you just made up or heard elsewhere. In most cases of what you've provided so far, not much is real and is primarily based on your personal opinions.  smile

Then you are not ready and that is okay.

Your mind will do that, it's how we have been manipulated. We go back to the default "official story." It gives us a feeling of security.

When you are ready for the truth you will find it

4. LiamBean profile image80
      LiamBeanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've seen objects in the sky I couldn't identify. So yes, I've seen UFOs.

5. the pink umbrella profile image74
      the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

haha, was going to say something like that LianBean, lol. I do kind of think they are out there. Kind of weird to think that our planet is the only planet capapble of sustaining life. After all, they might breath something else, or drink acid...lol. You guys should watch penn and tellers B.S. on area 51, its funny!

6. ceciliabeltran profile image64
      ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe there are indeed unidentified flying objects in the sky. what I don't know is what they are...hence the word unidentified.

7. IntimatEvolution profile image67
      IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do.  There is too much evidence to suggest otherwise.  Furthermore, when there are fully staffed government agencies, dealing with a particular subject matter; it doesn't matter what they tell us, the damn things are out there in space.  That is all the proof I need.

What evidence? smile

1. IntimatEvolution profile image67
          IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well that is easy, the evidence that millions of American taxpayer dollars are spent every year, on "classified" UFO government agencies, staffing personnel payroll. 

Evidence enough?

Great Britain is another country that has a whole governmental division funded off the backs of their people, as well. 

Again, that is all the evidence I need.

Okay, what UFO government agencies? smile

Assertions and agencies aren't evidence of visiting aliens. smile

Black projects

2. ceciliabeltran profile image64

Hello Intimate Evolution,

Just to aid you in your assertions:
            MSN, news

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10070986/

Pyramids should be ALL the evidence you need. It's plain as day

Pyramids are basically places where the Pharaohs were placed when they died. What else is there to it? smile

You see that is what THEY want you to believe. Take a trip to Egypt and learn for yourself. Throw everything you've ever been taught out the window and start over. Don't believe anything i am saying here, form your own opinions based on the facts and don't forget to put your own thoughts and feelings in this equation.

The Pyramids are all that you need in order to learn the truth. Go to this site and learn a little about the pyramids with facts and figures and then come back.

http://www.netscientia.com/egypt.html

I've seen the Pyramids, my friend, many have. Have you?

Fat chance of that happening

I can't believe anything you say as it just that, your own opinions based on thoughts and feelings and nothing really to do with the real world.

Sorry, but after reading some of the nonsense from that site, I can see where you would get your notions. Pretty funny stuff. big_smile

Maybe you should re read it, believing that humans were able to carry 2.5 ton bricks and stack them up in perfect formation aligning with the stars, and perform this act in only 20 years is not very likely, especially since they didn't invent the "wheel" yet.

If you went to the pyramids, did you see the ancient paintings that clearly showed an ET presence?

So, what were those things on Egyptian chariots, squares? LOL!

Of course not, there were none. smile

3. John for truth profile image60

If you want videos and pictures, just remember they do exist, but it's not likely you will find a nice color picture just like you would see on the cover of newsweek! UFO's that are witnessed are usually random and only because they WANT you to see them. Imagine being out for a walk and you see a UFO, is it likely you have a camera with you? If you do, do you have time to actually take a picture or shoot a video?

ET's are also multidimensional. That means they can be in front of your eyes and you might not see them! Ghosts are in a different plane, some people can see ghosts, but not everyone. That doesn't mean they aren't there! There are atoms that make up everything, including you and me. You can't see the atoms either, not take a picture of them.

But if you want some footage, go to this site http://www.paolaharris.com/home.htm

8. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

One landed in my yard last night. I knocked. He came right out. We chatted for a couple hours. Then he left.

9. pylos26 profile image71
      pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Anyone denying that ufo’s exist is just plain dumb…unless they can identify a flying mosquito a mile away.

10. wilmiers77 profile image61
      wilmiers77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

UFO's are very real. Driven by intelligent beings. The government has backed off of witnesses that testify of sighting or encounter. Previous government officials, pilots, and astronauts now can testify without the threat of punity. The cover up days are ending.

11. peterxdunn profile image60
      peterxdunnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do not just believe - I know for a fact that UFOs are real. I have seen them with my own eyes.  I also believe I know how ET manages to cross the vast distances of interstellar space to come here and visit us and why he (she, it - whatever) is do so. Check out my Hubs to learn more.

12. profile image53
      sadiedonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah!! UFO's are there in the sky. They can see us but we can't see them because they are hidden.
      http://cleancolonpro.net/all-those-year … r-nothing/

13. waseemfaizi profile image59
      waseemfaiziposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have created this account because I want to find more about UFO sightings and everything about UFOs. Please help me. Don't post insults.

UFO sightings have been reported over the history. How were the extraterrestrials said to look like?
      Did they have skin, fur, shells?
      Were they white, blue, green, black?
      Did they have a small or a great height?
      Did they look like humans or did they rather resemble animals or did they have an unknown look?
      http://www.winthedraw.co.uk/z/3abp?ref=&w=

14. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

do you believe in UFO?

DO you think they exist.

I believe in all kinds of unidentified stuff.
      I know that the unknown isn't known ..  ya know?

2. bsscorpio8 profile image59
    bsscorpio8posted 13 years ago

Yes.

3. Merlin Fraser profile image61
    Merlin Fraserposted 13 years ago

UFO’s are exactly that, Unidentified Flying Objects, pure and simple they may be natural phenomena or purely manmade what they are not is visitors from outer space.

Are we alone in the Universe ?  If we are what an incredible waste of space !  Personally I think the Universe, even our own little galaxy, is teaming with life.  But will we ever meet ?  Probably not.

The sheer distances involved and our inability to travel fast enough for long enough are universal preventions which work against such an encounter.

As for UFO’s, if they were alien in origin why would they come all this way just to fart around in the sky then simply go home.

1. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I must admit I've kind of wondered why someone would want to travel so far just to administer an anal probe to some guy in the middle of nowhere.

However, I too have seen a UFO.  It was in Scotland and myself and some other people were out hunting at night with a game keeper when this UFO just appeared from nowhere and without sound and hovered over us.  We were all quite scared and the game keeper wanted to go home immediately afterwards.  There was a military base not far from where we saw it so it may have been some kind of secret aircraft.  Pretty amazing craft though that could fly without sound, hover and emit a powerful beam of light but not beyond the realms of possibility that it was terrestrial rather than extraterrestrial.  Still, I always look up at the night sky when I take the dogs out, just in case.

2. Kimberly Bunch profile image61
      Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Their not just farting around. They leave that for us to do lol.

3. the pink umbrella profile image74
      the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

nah, there not farting around, they went for a drive, and do like we do when we see a diner that looks kind of dirty or boreing...they just turn around and go back!

4. Diane Inside profile image74
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

UFO's are just unidentified flying objects, anything we can't  identify is a UFO.  So yes I believe in them. Are they extra terrestrial that is yet to be discovered. Most likely not but nothing is impossible.

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...the universe is so expansive...and we don't know much about it compared to its size...why would I intelligently conclude that earth is the only planet that has life forms...i just don't think about it very often...unless the topic comes up....because i'm just so earth centred.

6. Tusitala Tom profile image66
    Tusitala Tomposted 13 years ago

I have never seen the proverbial UFO.  However, I'm inclined to believe that they do exist and that people do occassionally see them.  Why?  Because on a number of separate instances I've been told by people I know (or knew) who say they've seen them.   
    The first was in Papua-New Guinea by a fellow aeradio operator in the mid 1960s.   The second was told to me by a personal friend who was manning an international aeradio position at Sydney Airport in the early 1960s when the captain of an Air New Zealand Electra called in that his aircraft was being circled by a UFO. This was apparently being witnessed not only by the flight crew but by many passengers.

Another air-traffic controller I knew apparently witnessed a sighting at Canberra Airport.  These were serious, responsible people, not inclined to treat things like this lightly.

Then,in 1975, an ex British policeman told me that he and his fellow patrolman had seen one (a flying saucer) take off from a lonely British beach (down towards Landsend) a few years earlier.  They'd kept it secret, not wanting to be ridiculed by either their desk sergeant or anyone else

None of these people had anything to gain by telling me these things.   They did have a bit to lose: their credibility.  So why would they make these things up?

7. Bikash jha profile image60

Guys, most of you who answered here either have seen, heard or believe in ufo, if they are extraterrestial why you think or guess they are around, of course none of us know the real why but why are they around in your understanding and if they are not aliens what they can be,
    If millatary project why govs will hide it from us and do you seriously belive that we have developed so much in techonolgy that we can make those machines?
    What do you think about cropcircle mystery?

Not all crop circles are of alien source, however some are. It's just anything else, people will get off creating something to throw everyone else off track.

Some of the crop circles were created in only hours and with 3 dimensional detail that would have been impossible. The true alien crop circles are encoded with messages to help us learn the truth

8. Jeff Berndt profile image74
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

I see flying stuff I can't identify all the time. I try not to lose sleep over it.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

BJ - you've asked a few questions...as for crop circles...i don't really know...life is a mystery i guess.

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/13000/Crop-Circles--13346.jpg

haha ha lol

9. Merlin Fraser profile image61

Shadesbreath,

You wrote :

“I agree with Merlin when he says, "Pure and simple they may be natural phenomena or purely man made" but I absolutely disagree with his "what they are not is visitors from outer space."  I feel to make such a certain claim requires some access to information that is not actually available (unless Merlin is talking to God or something... “

No I’m not talking to God, I put him into the same category as UFO’s, ie Manmade) !

However, when I say with such certainty that this is not alien visitors from outer space I do so with access to information that IS actually available.

I didn’t say there was no such thing as aliens…. In fact I said I believe the universe and indeed our own galaxy is probably teeming with life.  Here I said probably because we do not have any proof one way or the other, YET!

My simple statement about visitors from outer space is based upon mathematics with a little bit of physics thrown in for good measure.   

The universe… No! Let’s be even more realistic – our own galaxy is so vast it has to be measured in light years. A term used to bring the enormous numbers involved down to a size we mortals can comprehend. Our galaxy is estimated to be 100,000 light years in diameter. To turn that into miles would require more zeros than this wall and our brain could handle and would indeed be a meaningless number.

In their terms our sun’s nearest neighbour is a mere four light years away. Put like that it sounds close enough.   It took Voyager thirteen years to travel the four billion miles to the edge of our own star’s system.

The next nearest star to our own Sun is twenty-four trillion miles away. Travelling at the highest known velocity for a manmade object in space, you’re looking at a journey of say twenty to twenty-five thousand years, give or take a thousand or so either way.

And!  If that’s not enough bad news, there’s nothing there when you arrive.

Let’s assume that man will eventually be able to travel at close to the speed of light it will take him four year to make the same journey and for what purpose ?

The speed of light is the barrier that allows me to talk with such certainty. “Nothing in the Universe can travel faster than the speed of light”, (Albert Einstein ) a physical fact not challenged by any physicist  anywhere in the world.

All science fiction books and or TV programmes require some form of method to travel at many times the speed of light just to get anywhere in space.  This kind of fails to take into account another one of Einstein’ s theories that to travel faster than the speed of light you are no longer travelling in space but time.

Besides to travel at a speed beyond the speed of light means it would be impossible to see where you were going since no instrument could respond fast enough to detect and warn you of approaching obstacles.

I think, also with a fair degree of certainty that to hit even a little asteroid at the speed of light is going to hurt and put a crimp on your day.

It is purely the sheer size of our galaxy and the universe beyond and the vast distances between the Stars and any planets that may orbit them that allows be to say with my own degree of certainty that whatever everybody on Earth saw and call UFO’s are just that UFO’s.

You may be right.  The only problem I have with your reasoning is that it requires reliance on man's understanding of the universe and physics.  There's no consideration of dark matter and how it can be manipulated or folded to decrease distances, no conversation about parallel universes/dimensions or any of the other things that quantum physics has put in play as at least plausible.  So, just because we haven't figured out how to negate the distances or make them manageable does not require other species to be equally inept. 

Humanity is so arrogant.  If we can't figure out why something happens, it has to be God that did it, because only a DIVINE being could possibly explain crap we can't.  And, conversely, there CAN'T be aliens because, if we can't figure out how to frolic about the galaxy, then NOBODY can.  Human history is so full of those two scenarios it's hard for me to fathom how anyone rules anything out so easily sometimes.

1. Merlin Fraser profile image61
        Merlin Fraserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Shadesbreath,
        You wrote: 
        “You may be right.  The only problem I have with your reasoning is that it requires reliance on man's understanding of the universe and physics.  There's no consideration of dark matter and how it can be manipulated or folded to decrease distances, no conversation about parallel universes/dimensions or any of the other things that quantum physics has put in play as at least plausible.  So, just because we haven't figured out how to negate the distances or make them manageable does not require other species to be equally inept.“

My perhaps over simplistic answer is I can only answer your various points based upon my simple understanding of actual Mathmatics, Physics and Science as laid out by the smartest men in the world at this moment in time.  I’m sorry that neither they nor I can satisfy your desire for us to be wrong.

I deliberately stayed away from quantum physics, parallel Universe, Multi-verse and many, many unsubstantiated theories quite frankly because they make my head hurt and have little or no bearing on the discussion about UFO’s.  Unless you are suggesting that somehow they pop up from another dimension or parallel Universe zip across our sky then just go home.

You are quite correct when you say we haven’t figured out how to negate the distances yet, but surely if your assumption that other species might have solved those problem why isn’t our world full of inter galactic tourists....?  Or maybe it is !   

You go on to say :
        “Humanity is so arrogant.  If we can't figure out why something happens, it has to be God that did it, because only a DIVINE being could possibly explain crap we can't.
        And, conversely, there CAN'T be aliens because, if we can't figure out how to frolic about the galaxy, then NOBODY can.  Human history is so full of those two scenarios it's hard for me to fathom how anyone rules anything out so easily sometimes.”

In my last entry I think I distinctly asked that God be kept out of all this, and I sincerely hope that such a remark is not aimed at me.  In all these Hubs and forums I try to be as polite and objective as I can in making my points.  At no time will you ever hear me give up a discussion with such a claim that God is an answer to anything.

Plus I never denied the existence of alien life, quite the contrary in fact,  if you had read my various points above.  I think I said I believe the Universe and indeed our own galaxy to be teeming with life.

What I ruled out was the fact that we will ever meet because of the sheer distances involved.  This is what I believe to be true based upon what we know right now.  So until the next Einstein  or Hawking comes along with a way to alter the physical laws of the Universe, or to explain why the rest of us are wrong then that is enough for me.

Of course we may all be wrong and one day we will get a real visit from a near neighbour who will explain that we’re wrong and 2 + 2 isn’t 4 as we always thought.

I have no desire for them to be wrong.  I am simply suggesting that they, like all the other humans in the past that had compelling arguments for how things worked that ended up being incorrect or incomplete, might be missing something.  I choose not to rule things out that have no reason to be ruled out, especially when there is no down side to an open mind (which you seem to have on a lot of this topic, but not on the travel portion, the position of yours to which I have been speaking).

The fact that the discovery of something like 80% of the mass of the universe is a relatively recent discovery alone suggests we're almost certainly missing not just something, but a LOT. Hawking showed how space time can be bent, the fabric of the universe almost folded, and, through that, like a needle going through folds of cloth, great distances could be travelled, etc.  I'm not saying we can do it.  I'm not even saying it IS possible.  But there are smart people tossing these ideas out, so I choose not to be certain the distances can't be travelled just because we can't get a rocket to go fast enough.  It turned out making faster boats wasn't the best way to travel from place to place either. 

Not sure where you getting this "aimed at me" thing from.  I was just making a point that there are two common breakdowns in reasoning as I see it that are closely related, or mirror images of one another, that both make assumptions about human capability and extrapolate from there.  My point was to make that human-centric failure in logic clear.  So, no need to get defensive.  I'm not trying to "aim" at you, and I don't see how I have been anything but polite in this exchange.

I touched on the Hawking thing above, but I will say that, I believe this close you make is a fallacious argument that includes, continues to include, your human-centric limit.  The aliens (or the next Hawking) is not going to prove that 2 + 2 no longer equals four.  They are going to show that 2 + 2 is not the right equation for solving the distance issue.  Trying to write off things we don't know as being akin to disproving simple math is not in the spirit of active curiosity.  At least not as I see it. 

When I was ten, I did not know how algebra worked.  If someone had told me that it was possible to solve math problems with numbers missing and still get the single right answer, I would have said that was stupid and impossible; I might have said, "You may as well tell me 2+2 doesn't equal four if you don't really need all the numbers to know if it's right or not."  Just because I, a human, did not know that something was possible did not make that possibility untrue.  We don't know what we don't know.  That's not the same as erasing what we do know. It's addition rather than negation.

That is not an argument one could really disagree. However, often the incorrectness or incompleteness was not such that those theories were scrapped entirely.

Newton is a very good example. Although Einstein did provide gravity solutions that were more accurate, Newtons forumulas were still used to to put probes into space and capsules on the moon. His only errors in that regard were asserting that gravity was a force that pulled on objects and that the speed of light was infinite. smile

Dark matter is just matter that doesn't emit electromagnetic radiation. It has never been claimed to bend spacetime or possess any other such characteristics. It has about the same effect as gravity.

Quantum field theory does not really offer things like parallel universes or multi-dimensions. These are just theoretical and mathematical assertions that look good on paper. You'll find there are most certainly people like Dr. Michio Kaku who love to take those assertions and stretch them out to their inevitable science fiction ends, without a whole lot of means. He is a sensationalist and that's how he makes his money. Most scientists that work for a living doing research usually ignore him and most other sensationalists.

You'll find many of them on TV programs. smile

10. Shil1978 profile image85
    Shil1978posted 13 years ago

Well, I do believe there are many UFOs all around us (i.e. unidentified flying objects). Now, whether they are alien-made objects or not is another matter.

11. Rishy Rich profile image72
    Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

I DO believe in UFO's. Encounterd a mysterious one by myself. But not sure they are alien made or man made! But I also believe that we are not alone in the Universe & when the time will be right we might meet.

One thing always popps up in my mind is that such huge distance should be overcome with the aid of AI's. Aliens with their ultra advanced technology, must built AI's & use them as astronauts. I mean doesnt that sound more rational? Who would risk their lives & risk to journey such great distance when they have highly intelligent AI's to do their job? So even if we get some UFO's hovering over earth, not necessarily we are going to meet the aliens who created it.

OK It's a fair theory of  AI but again, given the sheer distances involved, even at the speed of light we are talking thousands of years of inter steller travel.

Assuming that any techology, no matter how advanced, could last that long and still be functional upon arrival surely it must have a higher purpose than just appearing and disappearing in our atmosphere.

1. Rishy Rich profile image72
        Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Obviously with our present technology it is absolutely impossible. However if you look back only 500 yrs, you will see people of that time who thought many things i.e. computer, airplane, submarine etc. would be impossible but those are now actually piece a cake! Without the gift of electricity, fuel & other energy resources, everything seemed pretty impossible to them but those impossibilities are now part of our daily life.
        500 yrs back, most of them couldnt even imagine TV, refrigerator & electricity. Just imagine how would they have reacted if someone told them about Cloning, AI's & Satellites? WE HAVE REACHED FAR MORE THAN OUR ANCESTORS ANTICIPATED OR IMAGINED ABOUT US!

I believe theres many more left to learn & many more left to discover. Speed of light, what seems unattainable to us at this moment, one day could become one of the slowest speed in the speedometer of our spacecrafts. What seems impossible now, science can make it possible within few hundred years! WHO KNOWS WHAT NEW KNOWLEDGE & WHAT NEW ENERGY SOURCE IS WAITING FOR US?

Sorry, but attaining or going beyond the speed of light is not about technology, it is about the permittivity and permeability of spacetime, which does not allow matter to attain those speeds and only allows light to travel at that speed. smile

Of course...our present technology says that...Theory of relativity or theory of special relativity does not allow matter to attain such speed. However, this is not going to be the final chapter in physics for mankind. Just like all other scientists, Einstein will be considered backdated one day & so his teachings!

There had been other attempts like Scharnhorst effect &  Casimir vacuum. You should take a look at those. Those are just the signs that human wont stop at the Theory of relativity & will seek for other doors when necessary.

Sorry, once again, but this is not just about relativity, this relates to Maxwell's equations, the permittivity of magnetic and the permeability of electric, which makes up the relationship of electromagnetism and spacetime.

Could you please explain the relevance of those other effects, that don't relate to science fiction? smile

Wow...you think Scharnhorst effect &  Casimir vacuum are science fictions? lol...Einstein would have been proud of you roll

No, I didn't say that, but I know there are some who would use those effects to create science fiction.

Again, please explain their relevance to moving matter at or faster than the speed of light. I've heard many of those stories before, but perhaps you have a new one. smile

Doesnt sound like you have heard them before smile Neither its seems like you will understand that roll

You know what...you do sound like religionists to me. Unable to accept new ideas, sticking with a single book & possessing personal relationship - in this case with Einstein rather than God big_smilebig_smile

12. Merlin Fraser profile image61

What do you have to do to stop the children fighting, bang their heads together or just ignore them while you simply explain to the bemused on lookers that the crap of which they speak is just that ...Crap !

For anyone who is remotely interested the so called Scharnhorst effect is a hypothetical phenomenon that if it changes the actual speed of light at all..that change is so small it cannot be detected with current our existing technology, hardly a significant breakthrough for the budding Captain Kirks out there.

Unless the laws of physics are completely wrong then we have to accept that the speed of light is an absolute and if it were possible for MASS to travel faster, then it would be travelling in time and not space.
    So far all these piddling little alternative theories and experiments are messing around in the world of sub atomic particles and merely cloud the basic facts.

Watch any programme on the Discovery channel that talks about the Universe and what we can see through all the various instruments at our disposal.  Look at the millions of galaxies out there and the distances between them and the distances between us and them.  It takes the light from some of those galaxies millions of years just to reach us and that is at the speed of light.

One day man may reach Mars or possibly one or two of the far distance moons of Jupiter and Saturn none of which can sustain life as we know it so why bother.  Beyond that I doubt we will ever venture other than probes of exploration.

And as for the Alien’s out there, sorry kids, but the same rules apply to them.  So back to the original question about UFO’s, and please no more fallen angel theories, this started out as a reasonably sensible forum can we please leave God and the Bible out of at least one decent discussion. PLEASE !

Then it wouldn't be a discussion.Yes maybe it has gone a little off the exact point of do you believe they are out there, but every good discussion in my opinion is has a wide range or opinions and theories. Sorry if I didn't talk about what you wanted me to .I think to talk about UFO's is to also talk about who or what is behind them.smile

13. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

There was a UFO found in the back yard of the BumbleTown mayor's
    after the police had been called about numerous sightings which some thought were gas explosions or some other explosion that created bright lights in the sky.
    They immediately advised the Minister of Health.. just in case a public health hazard existed. There was what they described as 'Brown Goo' everywhere, especially in his trees and over the back of his house.
    The police combing the area complained about it clogging their combs and reported the smell was unbearable!

It wasn't until the Primary School Professor arrived that the UFO was found to be: Unidentified Fecal Odor yikes

14. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

lol

this thread is funny.
    actually I do believe there are UFO's, why not? why does there have to be an explanation for everything?

That's how we learn things. If we cling to preconceived notions that invoke the magical and mysterious, and that which defies the physical laws, we remain quite ignorant. We might as well not have brains and go back to living in caves. smile

15. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Well judging by some of the spaced out and alien beings that I've met in BumbleTown... So do I smile

16. liljen23 profile image75
    liljen23posted 13 years ago

To be honest, I do believe it is real and there are a lot of stuff that I think we don't know about.. The government is always covering things up..

You mean like a worldwide conspiracy involving hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of people? wink

Yea like that exactly...

1. Jerami profile image58
          Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

To think otherwise would he very nieve.

Let me repeat ... Yes  exactly like that.

liljen,

You are right, our government is covering up most everything that is real. Everything we have is marked by some kind of symbol. Our leaders (not the ones in the oval office) are ritualistic and they plan and initiate their agendas using them.

The agenda I am speaking of is the complete and take over of our free world. If you want proof, just pick up a dollar bill and look at the symbols on the back. Some of this discussion has included the pyramids, and you will see a pyramid on the back of the US dollar. There's a reason every other bill has been redesigned and the ONE dollar has stayed the same. The entire plan of the elite is on that dollar. All you have to do is research the meaning of what it says and you will begin to understand.

17. Merlin Fraser profile image61

Shadebreath,
    You keep returning to the same argument, which you refer to as “Human-Centric.”  I can only assume by this you mean some of us cling to the belief of our ancient ancestors that the Earth is the centre of the Universe and heavens revolve around us.

Or are you claiming that to accept and believe the calculations of the greatest thinkers and brains of our world is Human-Centric because they are human ?   Perhaps in the absence of any alien input that’s all we can accept at this stage.   My ‘human’ point was if as you claim distant alien cultures maybe smarter than us, (not that difficult if you want my opinion) and have filled in all the missing pieces and can travel faster than the speed of light….Where are They ?   

At This moment in space and time, everyone, I have ever heard of, that doesn’t wear a propeller on their hat, accepts that the speed of light as a fundamental Absolute Universal Law and that Mass cannot therefore exceed the speed of light.

The fact that space itself can be curved, or folded by the gravity of that mass is also reasonably well understood and presumably if you could fly in a straight line across that fold fast enough not to be effected by the same gravitational distortion then yep I guess the distance would be foreshortened,   So what ?      My point was the sheer distances involved, even at the speed of light or beyond make such travel a virtual impossibility.

18. Bikash jha profile image60

What about cropcircle guys, who you think can do that?

People do that. Didn't you know crop circles are a hoax? D. Chorley and D. Bower are admitted hoaxters who will even show you how to make one yourself. No problem. smile

so they do it all the time around the world

They, and many others. Once these things started to appear, everyone wanted to make them. It was like a comptetition, who could outdo the others in complexity and design. smile

2. Bikash jha profile image60

and i am not challenging you but just asking as i dont know it

1. ceciliabeltran profile image64

lol he cracks me up.

dont get it

Me too cecil... lol

he's funny that he always get the same response...everywhere.

3. Bikash jha profile image60

Hey i read it on net and yes two gyuys have claimed it .

They were just the first guys to come forward, many others have done so since and there are many videos showing you how to make crop circles. Easy. smile

4. John for truth profile image60

Just like the pyramids, there will always be someone trying to imitate the original work,

Some people still believe that Al Qaeda was responsible for 9-11!

Don't believe EVERYTHING you hear and see on TV. Of course don't believe everything I am telling you either. Look for yourself. Some crop circles are man made for sure, but some are NOT. I'm attaching a video of a crop circle that was created in only 7 minutes across several acres of fields and it has a 3 dimensional appearance from the sky. I don't think you or I or a team could have done that, even if given weeks. See for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql1PPkZiHl8

Don't worry about that, I've got it covered. wink

19. snagerries profile image69
    snagerriesposted 13 years ago

It did take more than a few decades for the mysterious Delta Wing UFOs to become clear, so I'm willing to allow that what I saw probably will too.  But, if they don't roll them out pretty soon, I'm going back to believing it was aliens like I did when I was a kid.

20. Bikash jha profile image60

Ok we have been talking about Ufo, aliens. possibility of finding life on other planet,speed of light and else but now i reall want to know your views about aliens helping our ancestor or whether some of our god and religious books were inspired by aliens. I have been reading internet for aliens from days and i have found a concept That might aliens astronut have landed here and our ancestor confused them with gods and their machines with magic(which most of the religion deal with) or might they have started life on this earth.

The concept of aliens landing here way back whenever and our ancestors believing they were gods has just as much credibility as any god. Very little to none. smile

I have seen lots of artitechture inspired by it and kind of every modern invention and some thing which we still have not invented are mentioned in our religious doctrine, i have seen pics and arts of people wearing bodysuits and gogles which are thousand years old, may be they are watching us cause they created or helped us through
        this all go back their and may explain Ufo we are seeing
        and yes lots of people have claimed being abducted by aliens, i know lots of them must be fake but some of them might be true and they are experimenting on us or are observing us

You have seen fakes and frauds and hoaxes.

Once again, we go back to the concept of space travel and just how extremely unlikely it is to happen.

Abductions? I don't think so. Delusions? Most likely. smile

Dude its not neccasirily speed which is a challenge for space travelling. who says you have to travel with speed of light for it. they might have build space stations  in various location of space or it might be something else , something unthinkable for us, like internet was for people of past, how many would have even thought that two person like us will be arguing from two corner of the world. Why we think that things we dont know cant happen or exists untill we have proof. you showed me proof of cropcircle and i beiieve you. but unless we know the facts just cant draw the real conclusion on assumptions. How much possible was it to walk on moon and how many have supported that idea in past.
            now abduction, what if you were abducted how the hell will you proove it to people who are just not ready to believe you at anycost?
            its nice to argue. forum is for that and i am enjoying it thanks and i call other people for their either postive or negative comment on all of this or whatever new or old or their thinking are, they should tottaly express it and i am tottaly forward to it.
            once again thank you beelzedad

You need to pop back a few pages and do some catch up reading: 
              You say:
                "Dude its not neccasirily speed which is a challenge for space travelling. who says you have to travel with speed of light for it ?"

One of the facts that I used to suggest that you do need a fair degree of Hurry Up is this :

The next nearest star to our own Sun is twenty-four trillion miles away. Travelling at the highest known velocity for a manmade object in space, you’re looking at a journey of say twenty to twenty-five thousand years, give or take a thousand or so either way.

And that is just to get to the nearest star out side our own solar system.

Now do you see what we are saying ?

It will be necessary to travel at many times the speed of light just to cover the vast inter stellar distances and since such a speed is impossible then what we are saying is we are not going anywhere and neither are they.

What do you think if you will  have to explain somebody how internet works if they are from 12th century?
                Who knew how many million years they are ahead of us and how do you think we walked on moon and just compare right now from 100 yrs old world, wher we have come , this is something unthinkable but how many times do you wonder about it. you are seem to just trapped in mathmatical equation and even mathmatically compare people thosand yrs older than us and think what ppl will be able to do after thousand years, i bet you cant imagine because none of our ancestors have imagined about us

It's not just mathematics or calculations, it's the universe itself that places those barriers on motion through space.

2. luvpassion profile image62

Until the next (TOE) is fully scientifically proven...I'm open to many possibilities as all should be.

Teri smile

But, they still would have had to travel to those locations to build those stations. Even you could travel at the speed of light, the time spans are 'astronomical.' wink

Then, we are forced to entertain any notion any person dreams up out of their imaginations, which is where the majority of this stuff already resides.

If we keep in mind the physical laws of the universe and whether or not someones notion would violate them, we can then understand whether or not to pursue that notion. Sending a capsule to the moon does not violate any laws.

We would first try to understand whether or not aliens could travel here before entertaining the notion of abductions. We could also ask ourselves if we were that alien species traveling to another world, is that what we would do? What a waste of a visit considering the resources and effort to get there.

The pleasure was all mine, sir! smile

First of all we are already planning to settle on mars soon and all i was trying to say was that  the planet which is located two planets away from us will be one planet away from us after we do it so going to next one will be more easy from mars. And i dont say that would happen in one day and i am not saying aliens might have reached here in one flight but i am trying to say that what if they are thousand or million year ahead of us and have thousand of space stations or planets where they reside, seriously when you yourself are talking about prability think again, how many things we belived in pasts are considered truth now and how many law of universe or physics will stand its ground after a million years, just take a moment and think they are millions years ahead from us. And thing about abduction, you asked would we do it, excuse me but what the hell you think we are doing with apes and monkeys.
                who know they are using machines for the purpose or they have broken the code of physics and laws already, dont shut your eyes to thousand of thing you hear and see daily may be lots of them are fake but not all of it could be, ( use proability again) believing and not believing without knowing in both of the case blind faith exist.

We traverse these great distances within our own solar system which still takes a long time to do, but they are insignificant to the massive distances you are talking about.

That may be true, but the distances involved between their planetary systems and ours is beyond the capacity of travel.

That's the point, we don't break or violate physical laws and neither will they, no matter how much you want to believe it.

They are all fake or improbable, with no blind faith required, but instead an understanding of the logistics and physical laws.

you are repeating same stuff when i already cleared the air, i am not asking you to think a hundred, or thousand but millions year ahead of us, think if nothing went wrong and we made through a million years will everything still remain same especially with thing we believe and we dont.
                    Just look at our own past and look how far we have come and i am not sending people to mars or planning it, and i am not even a thousand km close to einstien but you have just put your thumbs up on my idea that we could cross this solarsystem than we are talking about crature and uf they are here they must be very much ahead from whole human race and how you think you can guess what they are able to do and what not. You have no idea how wise they may be if they are here, i am not saying  they are here but i am saying "if"
                    and why should i believe somebody saying they are not here when they cant explain a millions of phenomeon which are earthly why you think they are confident that aliens are not here. But if somebody can proove that they are not here then that will be something else. and thing about that crop circle dont you think its likely that gov trying to hide it have forwarded people to claim it i mean i have seen some humans circle but it look like clear immitation and "shot to fame thing"

2. profile image0
                    klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh Beely Boy! Why  you go'round sayin' stuff like that?! Now everyone 'ere knows you were abducted by them strange green critters!

2. Sunshiney31 profile image69

BOOOOOO tongue

To Beezeldad

Boo who? smile

3. John for truth profile image60

Yet we are here.

If you want to know more about our origins read some of the books by Sitchen or better yet, here is a new book out. I plan on getting a copy myself. It goes into great detail about our origins and aliens

http://davidickebooks.co.uk/index.php?a … ductId=246

David Icke? That explains a lot. He is one of the foremost fleecers of the gullible and serious nutjob. He announced to the world he was the son of god after a psychic told him he was a healer placed on earth for a purpose. Don't waste your money. smile

You might want to read some more of his stuff. It's mainstream to call someone a nutjob, if you don't understand what he is saying. He isn't the only authority on this, there are plenty more all pointing to the same thing.

Thanks, but I did have the unfortunate job of reading his material and unfortunately, I'll never get that time back. smile

That is a typical response of someone that has closed their mind to possibilities.

If you don't believe, why are you here?

You mean like the "possibilities" that wheels weren't invented yet in Egypt, or the "possibilities" that there is a sun in the middle of the earth? wink

I was suntanning in a deep mine shaft and had to cool down for a while. smile

21. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

I saw seven small ufo's that looked like toys but somehow two of them flew far out  until they disappeared in the horizon. I was at a red light and I had received a call on my cell from my husband at that moment. I remember joking about the fact that they looked so fake. I thought they were remote controlled toys, but then I saw how they split up. I never understood how they were able to pull it off - five of them staying on their course (parallel to the road) and two of them getting lost in the clouds. I kept on looking up to see if there were any helicopters around. I simply can't explain it but everytime we talk about it, we laugh. I overreacted at the time, so did my husband who was leaving work and kept on running like crazy trying to spot the UFOs I was describing. :-)

Are you going to call all of them jus an illusion or fake or will just ignore or will give it a second thought- to all who think alien or ufo cant exist

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think most topics should be addressed with a hint of humor, whether you believe or not. That's what makes us human. Don't you think?

you know I saw them too. I was with friends in college. Then the next morning it was in the news. I would doubt I saw it but then a couple of people saw them too. It was cigar shaped.

22. manlypoetryman profile image76
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

No...I Do Not Believe in UFO's...Wait a minute...Hold on!

"AAAGGGHH!"

Yes...I believe!

ha ha ha
      funny

23. Japemwellows profile image61
    Japemwellowsposted 13 years ago

Considering the vastness of the universe, and how little we really know about it. I think it would be completely ignorant of us to not believe that there could be other intelligent life out there!
    So I think ,yea! they exist in some form or another...

24. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

Only on weekends and usually after drinking heavily!

25. wilmiers77 profile image61
    wilmiers77posted 13 years ago

There are worm holes. Theoretical physics have predicted a bending of space in which astronomical distances can be achieved by passing through a worm hole. I am sure that UFO's are very real.

1. ceciliabeltran profile image64

UFOs are real, but we don't know what they are or where they are from.

That's called 'science fiction' smile

Much of what is called "science fiction" comes from very real happenings. A lot of them are based on real events. It's the Elites way of sticking it out there in our face. that way when we learn the truth, just like what you just did, we call it science fiction.

Conspiracy theories are entertaining, too. But again, lost time. smile

So the time you are spending making comments that are only your opinion, are NOT a waste of time?

I'm not sure how that would concern you, but I am rather flattered that you would be concerned for my welfare. Thanks. smile

26. ceciliabeltran profile image64
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

a kite can be a UFO it it is not identified as a kite.

UFO is unidentified.

But if you say that alien life visiting earth is real, that's another discussion. The Dogon tribe is serious case for it.

27. FuzzyCookie profile image73
    FuzzyCookieposted 13 years ago

I dont believe in aliens and all but i've seen a UFO. Two months back we had a power cutout, I was bored and had nothing to  do, I was in the balcony when all of a sudden i saw this triangular sorta thingy flying above my apartment (see it may be a jet plane o soemthing but as far as i know, in my region there hasnt been a jet plane sight ever) anyway back to the story, and as soon as teh UFO passed, the electricity came back neutral

idk what it was.. so it can be called a UFO big_smile

28. profile image0
    Surabhi Kauraposted 13 years ago

yes I do. As I`ve heared a lot about UFO on the news.

29. 7thangel@seventh profile image59
    7thangel@seventhposted 13 years ago

ABSOLUTELY!!!! have them all the time when i watch a movie. they are pretty tasty....hum...

30. andromida profile image57
    andromidaposted 13 years ago

Maybe some ETs are even writing on hubpages smile

Yes they are.......

31. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Sure! There are a lot of flying objects that I can't identify. smile

1. Dave Barnett profile image57
      Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Swear I saw a metallic object turning end over end, it was cylindrical, looked like a galvanized garbage can, couldn't have been any bigger, at least fifty feet off the ground. Seen others. Don't believe they are interstellar craft. Maybe from here and now, could be  inter-dimensional, or even time machines.

2. pylos26 profile image71
      pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then them insects must be ufo's...right?

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep! I do know what breed some of them are, especially mosquitoes but many are just UFOs to me! smile

1. profile image0
          Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LoL

I've seen some strange ones lately too.

32. profile image48
    sofiajohnson8posted 13 years ago

T think so... Because earth is not only the planet existing in the universe.  There are about nine of the.  May be there are also other creatures that live on it.

1. daydreamer13 profile image61
      daydreamer13posted 13 years agoin reply to this

My theory is that they are from the future and another planet and they come here to both study and educate.

33. mr williams profile image58
    mr williamsposted 13 years ago

Maybe they're real or not. We can,t give a definitive answer to this question but what can be said is that we do not know everything there is to know. A lot of people don't know that a car exists that powers off electricity, goes 450mph and travels 300mpg, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist (which it does exist)..

Maybe the military have these projects in secrets because they don't want enemy countries getting ahold of the information or they find the results of people believing in ufos much easier to deal with than explaining their new creations.

Strange things have been seen and recorded by many people. Your opinion is your opinion and no one else's.

www.hubpages.com/hub/octopusufo2010

34. Canal_Digital profile image60
    Canal_Digitalposted 13 years ago

There has to be another life in the universe beside us. However, these days there are many people, who use that as a way to get popular.
    I think it is just a matter of time to find them and establish contact. But I am not sure when we will be ready for such accomplishment.

35. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

do you believe in UFO?

Why is it essential to believe in UFO?

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Did someone say it is essential? lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)