Where are the christians in these hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (38 posts)
  1. profile image53
    haj3396posted 13 years ago

Christians why are you not speaking out?

1. Jeff Berndt profile image73
      Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We are. We just aren't a monolithic group that always agrees on everything. Sometimes we vehemently disagree with each other. That's why there are so many different Christian sects, some of which (Westboro Baptists, anyone?) have some pretty wacky dogma in my opinion.

You've probably read the words of many Christians here, but perhaps you haven't recognized them as such because the people in question aren't in the same sect as you?

1. profile image57
        exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree,Jeff.  most Christians think that if you do not believe exactly as I do, and say things the same as I do, then you are not my brother in Christ, but the word tells us that we are thew children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
        that tells me we are all brothers and sisters in Christ, and if we do not start treating every one like that then we are in trouble

2. profile image53
        haj3396posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sect done have many thing to do with it, I know million of people that are not in my sect that will be save. In every sect people will be saved, why, because they are living up to what they know. The problem is that when you here God's world and done do it then there a problem. I exspect to see people from all these religions in heaven, Buddhism Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Atheism, Witchcraft, agnosticism, Humanism, and etc.

2. Freeway Flyer profile image84
      Freeway Flyerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm relatively new here, but I have seen quite a few Christians speaking out on various topics. They just might not be prefacing everything with, "I am a Christian, and . . ."

3. flowerpick profile image67
      flowerpickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Real Christian is the one who follows the instruction of Lord Jesus Christ. He says, "love the Supreme Father with all your heart, mind and entire being". Jesus says "love your enemy". If you follow this then you are a real Christian. Faith in Jesus means loving God and all the living beings even our enemy. We can not say that "im a Christian, a follower of Christ, i have faith in Christ But i hate and have no respect to my enemies and to those who disrespect me." this is not the heart of a real Christian. Christianity is not a group of people or sect, it is by heart, an honest heart. No one knows it only you, Jesus and his beloved Father and it is not necessary to tell others that we love God cause God knows it if it is true and you will be satisfied and happy by your loving relationship to God and Jesus...  and if it is not, even this whole world knows that you love God, but it is just a show off, then you'll be sorry at a time of death, you have no shelter and your existence is not blissful and happy because you are not in a real sense not connected to God and Jesus even you memorize the Bible back to back.
      I'm sorry if i offended someone with this message, please forgive me. thank you very much.

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well that clears up what you say your god says, could we now hear from the other 3,000 sects, or should we just back you in at 3,000/1? smile

1. profile image53
          haj3396posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You will make a great Christian

You aren't a christian? What are your odds of you being right then.... less than 3,000/1? smile

4. Lady LaShonda profile image74
      Lady LaShondaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just review my hubs and you will know I am speaking out....

1. profile image0
        ShadowKing!posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Mine too. I let the Bible interpret itself through my hubs.

5. www.lookseenow profile image60
      www.lookseenowposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Where are the Christians found in these hubs?  They are Bible Readers.

Bible reading provides long-range promises written aforetime that are things recorded in the Bible.  What you read is a source of confident hope for the future, because an immediate benefit is offered to supplement the long-range promises.  Look at what you get:

You receive Instruction, endurance, comfort, and hope.  Which one of these immediate benefits can you use right now?  Most people choose all of them.  Certainly, we need to have hope.  But how do the things “written aforetime” give reason for hope?

During six grueling hours on the torture stake, Jesus experienced much comfort by calling to mind the things “written aforetime”.  Imagine—these things written aforetime referred to him.  Knowing that he was strengthened mightily.  You can be too if you make daily Bible reading a part of your routine.

Did that religiously (pun intended) for 2 years.

Decided it was the most horrific psychotic pile of dribble anything standing upright would swallow! lol

6. weholdthesetruths profile image60
      weholdthesetruthsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to ask, "Speaking out, about what?"

Many are, but few christians live by the notion that we should badger or coerce strangers into believing our doctrines.   

Imagine one day you're taking a short flight and your plane ditches on water.   Rushing out through the emergency exit, with only your flotation device, you escape the sinking plane, but are now in extremely cold water, risking hypothermia and death in short order.    Along comes a boat and a smaller lifeboat rushing out to you, and when the rescue craft reaches you, instead of pulling you out of the water, the man in it leans over and says "Do you agree to follow every order of the captain in all things while you're on this boat?   

I'm not concerned with pushing doctrines or practices or rules or pretending I'm as good as the Captain.   

I merely wishs to reach out to you say "Friend, grab on, you can be saved!"

1. temiprice profile image58
        temipriceposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, great analogy!

7. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As a Christian, I discern whether a topic is worth addressing or not. some of it is pure dribble and not worth wasting my energy on especially this Stephen Hawking character who spouts his dribble without facts to back it up.

Oh yeh! Hawking is a real dill!

Unlike your good self, a giant among thinkers who believes in fairies! lol lol lol

8. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are Christians here.
      Then...there are people who lay claim to the "Christian" religion....

Many Christians do speak out here.

What am I supposed to be "speaking out" about?.....

9. LeslieAdrienne profile image69
      LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

haj3396,

About what????

10. pylos26 profile image69
      pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Surely they're off someplace praying away their lives.

2. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

I almost never go into the religious forums - even just to read what others have written - because they degenerate so quickly into shouting matches.  I believe that no one benefits when that happens.

And I agree with Jeff and exorter.  We Christians don't always agree on doctrinal matters (duh).  Our own discussions among ourselves can become really unpleasant, and they are certainly not a good representation of who we actually are.

To answer "why are you not speaking out?" I would have to say that I do not believe any unbeliever's minds will be changed in these forums by what we say.  But someone on the fence will probably be influenced by the way we say it, and regrettably the influence is probably more likely to be negative than positive.

Just IMO.

1. pythagarus profile image61
      pythagarusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

... what an interesting  question! It may be that most Christians confuse being "meek" with the example of the crucifix. Whereas for Christ it meant being nailed to a cross, the meek justify their cowardice (as did the disciples) with promises of eternal life, while tolerating injustices! So most appropriate the metaphors but not the principles of passive resistance.  As a consequence any faith-fraud or con-artist of religion can masquerade as Christian. As long as all shut up we all benefit from faking it, avoiding the question of what it is that we stand for as followers of Christ. No one wants to get it wrong if the reward is to get nailed to a cross.
      Peace.

3. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

One more thought....

I - and perhaps other Christians here too - feel that the religious forums are places where we should take very seriously Jesus' words quoted in Matthew 7:6 and Matthew 10:14-16.

I would be very happy to engage in one-on-one conversation with anyone of any faith (including atheism and agnosticism) about their beliefs (or non-beliefs) and mine.  But there is no way that I know of to have purely a one-on-one conversation here.  Small conversations always turn into free-for-alls, and I can assure you that does not represent my faith in a positive light at all.

1. pythagarus profile image61
      pythagarusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fantastical! Why is it that you always presume to be on the side of the truth? we all know how to read and quote the bible, really... that does not make you a follower of Christ... What is certain is that you appropriate the name and, what ? that's it? You call yourself a Christian and that can not be challenged so the format too has to be appropriated too?? 
      Listen,  if you are going to post here think of this... The burden of proof is on you, not of your faith (that is personal) yet there is an enquiry going on here  into what it is like to follow common principles. That my friend, is what this should be about, not reaffirmation of your faith.

4. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

From what I've seen on these boards, there is far more Christian influence here than on other forums I regularly visit. There's also a lot more religious talk on here, as it seems to be one of the top 2 or 3 discussed topics, even more than politics.

5. srwnson profile image61
    srwnsonposted 13 years ago

I can't speak for other Christians, but as a driver I may be unable to get internet accesss unless I can find a parking place close to wifi. I think there are many atheists on hubpages who are angered by christian discussions and so christians aren't able to have discussions without being ridiculed. Just my opinion. For those of you with faith God bless us all. Pray for me, I have a 48000 lb load to take through the Sierra Nevadas, its a dangerous run. Thank you.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wish you well and pray for your safety.
      I don't know how anyone handles driving those big trucks, etc.
      Sometimes we watch that "Ice Road Truckers" show on tv, and things like that;  scary for me to even watch.

6. Rev Will profile image39
    Rev Willposted 13 years ago

Some of us do speak out but do not have the time to just sit at a computer,  We are visiting etc.  Doing Gods work here on earth.  We are also inundated with silliness from every angle.  And then there is the fact that some of us post hubs and are tired of fighting the same people with the same questions and the same issues.  We have answered these questions over and over again.
    We are out there waiting for our time to speak!
    It is coming.,,,,,

7. bayoulady profile image68
    bayouladyposted 13 years ago

I AM here.I have followed Christ for for 44 years and I am not ashamed of saying so.I AM HERE. ...and I do read. Do you mean why won't some of us argue?

When a Christian starts a thread, and  the non believers who lurk just to be nay sayers pounce...and try to bully their way in and hijack the original intent of the thread I'd like to ask YOU why can't we just IGNORE them? Jesus didn't follow people around trying to convince everyone to follow Him. He was followed because they WANTED Him. They...wanted..Him.

If I am on a Christian thread from this day forward(Actually 2 days ago) I will ignore their mean spirited and smug behavior.I will NOT reply to anyone on the hub who is just here to BULLY their way into something that was meant to be a positive thread.I will ignore and not respond when they belittle what we believe and say VILE things about God.

I graduated magna cum laude and #40 in a university class of 543. I am no dummy. and No I haven't been brainwashed. I was filled with His spirit, and NO ONE can erase that experience from my heart!

What do you mean when you say why won't we stand? Do you mean why won't we argue with the atheists?Can't you figure out by now why "they" come to the Christian threads when they do not even believe in God? Yes,it hurts terribly to see something so precious to Christians slandered so harshly. Some of us on another thread have agreed to ignore them and continue with our discussion!

ONE more thing. I went over to the atheist thread and saw some Bible thumping over there. WE have no business trying to highjack their threads and argue either. It is not welcome there, just as their demeaning us FOR believing is not wanted here.

If you chat with these same people on other forums, you will find that they are nice,likeable people. They are our fellow hubbers, and for that I say..PEACE.

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love everything you say bayoulady, i am with you hundred percent on this one,
      I am a christian spirit filled, word believing, but will  not get into arguments. Paul says that arguments win no one to God.  Pray for those who ...   
      Spread the good word and let them make their own choices.
      Even God does not go against your will.
      Remember ... IN HIS TIME... behold he makes all things new... even the ones that argue vehemently  against Him

Are we bigger... smarter .. arguing and calling names ..??
      love is the Key.
      God bless!

1. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why not just let people make their own choices and keep the word to yourself. Thanks. smile

8. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

speaking out about what..sure Christians too express their opinion...don't they?..but why narrow down to tag called Christians..in end Christians or non Christians are humans..single race...

9. Dr Sharon Schuetz profile image61
    Dr Sharon Schuetzposted 13 years ago

I've been a Christian for 32 years. I've been a pastor for nearly 25, and in most of that time I was convinced that certain things were true, simply because a pastor, evangelist, or well known author or teacher said it was true. Much of our doctrine (especially in areas of Eschatology) is based on the study of great men of earlier centuries who had vision and walked with God. But, they were limited in their ability to see a world of blogging, networking, and skype.

In the past 6 months I have found out many things about the world, its leaders, and its history, that have forced me into a complete paradigm shift. Way too much to get into here, but it has opened my mind to so many things. The one constant, foundation that has remained strong is my total confidence in God's love and the assurance that regardless of the weakness in man, He is still in control.

Philippians 2:12 tells us,  Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

I try to reveal the truth about God and who He is in everything I do. But I don't insist that you believe the WAY I do. I do hope that you will believe the WHO I do. However, there are some things that are impossible to do, push a rope, put toothpaste back in a tube, and force another person to believe in God if they have chosen not to believe.

It is not a choice to believe in a god.
      No sane person would do so. It is the result of indoctrination. Man does not automatically believe that fairies in the sky run their lives. smile

1. profile image0
        hamstersmessiahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

am i insane because i believe in a divine principle or order that provides a framework for manifestation?  Earnest, it is a choice to believe that this world we see either has some purpose or it doesn't.  indoctrination may lead some to a narrow view of divine principles but the fact that we can argue these principles is itself a miracle that science cannot explain.

The bible and the quoran are a crock, religion is a crutch, and religiosity has been explained adequately by Jung et al.

Ignorance by choice. smile

1. profile image0
            hamstersmessiahposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i am not ignorant in believing that there is more to reality than what i experience in an ordinary state of consciousness...  science itself is a belief system that has power because of the investment of faith by a mass of consciousness.  the rules we live by are very arbitrary.  there is no reason to believe that there aren't other forms of life and consciousness that may even coexist with us that follow a completely different set of rules.

There is every reason to believe it is not the psychopath in the bible or quoran though.
              A god with the morals of a bronze aged human who influences mankind with these values in 2010?

Not bloody likely mate!

The "god" bit of the brain is now well understood. smile

The sub-conscious can play consciousness on a string. We do consciously all the things that sate our fears, and that is the life myth.

Our sub-conscious actually knows the state of play.
              Your job and mine is to listen to the self, not some god.
              Inner growth is too painful for some, and not understood at all by others, but we do have control of it ourselves.

Jung said men would do almost anything to avoid the psychological pain of growth. That is evident, when people confuse myth with life as they do in the case of religion.

Religiosity is what it has been since the sun god. Fear based third person control by those who would wield it.

Switch off the chemical connections and see how much "god" you have. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)