79 to 88 in one hour. lol. Hubscoring amazes me.

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Glenn S. profile image60
    Glenn S.posted 14 years ago

I don't really spend much time figuring out Hub scoring. However, I do find it interesting and feel it might actually give me a clue to the quality of my articles. I can't be sure. Sometimes I need to laugh about.

1. SummerSteward profile image61
      SummerStewardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's definately confusing! I was 91 for a solid day.. I have more followers in the last couple hours.. Hubs with arrows up 1 down, more comments and now my score is 87!?! Urgh!

1. SoCurious profile image61
        SoCuriousposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is 87 the average for all your article scores?

2. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 13 years agoin reply to this
  2. DanPowers profile image48
    DanPowersposted 14 years ago

I love it when I see my hubs with two red triangles next to them - it means their traffic is going to the moon!

Glenn S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol, I get 3 more hits on  a Hub and I get double up arrows. I guess you can only go up from 0.

1. thranax profile image71
        thranaxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It depends on the last trend. If you normally get 50 views a day for 5 days and then on the 6th you get 100+ you get x2 red arrows, alternately if you get only 25 views on the 6th day, you get one or two blue arrows.

~thranax~

3. Dolores Monet profile image95
    Dolores Monetposted 14 years ago

Well, good for you. Don't wonder why, just be glad. Maybe traffic has picked up for that hub.

Glenn S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, it's just interesting.

4. ns1209 profile image63
    ns1209posted 14 years ago

I am definitely confused by hubscore

5. DonnaWallace profile image62
    DonnaWallaceposted 14 years ago

I don't understand the HubScore either. How does it improve?  Thanks!

6. Ann Nonymous profile image61
    Ann Nonymousposted 14 years ago

Wow! That's good news for you, however hubscoring is beyond me! Sometimes in one day my score fluctuates 10 points....up-down-up-down! I hope your score continually rises!

7. McConnell Group profile image68
    McConnell Groupposted 13 years ago

I give my hubs at least two weeks to settle in, then I make some changes,I also will try to change or improve the hub once a month

1. patp profile image58
      patpposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Has this worked for you?

8. 2280599 profile image60
    2280599posted 13 years ago

Need to improve you Hubscore.
    Read my hub and get you Hubscore as high as you like.

9. brettb profile image62
    brettbposted 13 years ago

I think hubscore is largely related to income from that hub. That's my theory anyway.

1. LeanMan profile image79
      LeanManposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have hubs in the 80s that are earning zero currently, think more related to content than to the earning.. Maybe potential earnings lol!!

2. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Trust me it isn't. I had one hub that reached the dizzy heights of 100, and it hovers in 90s all the time, but it has never taken off and had many hits, despite me backlinking it to try and push it. I think the most hits it ever had in one day was 20, the norm for it about 2. It also has the most stars under hub potential out of all my hubs.

10. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

I think hubs have to be over 40 or some other low figure. Authorscore (as opposed to individual hubscore) has to be 75 or above in order for your hubs to be dofollow.

11. ofmelancholy profile image60
    ofmelancholyposted 13 years ago

hubscore is totally a mystery:)

12. Teresa Schultz profile image66
    Teresa Schultzposted 13 years ago

79 to 88 in hour is great!  Did it stay there, continue to increase, or what? I'm pretty upset I recently had a hub's score go down from 87 to 76 in under 36 hours and it doesn't seem to be any much different in stats, comments, traffic etc to my other hubs.  I may only have 26 hubs so far, but this is the first time I've noticed such a quick and drastic drop in hub score for any of my hubs. Yes, hub score is a mystery.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hubscore and personal score has absolutely no influence on traffic or earnings. The only time you should worry about it is if you write poor quality content.

Most of the top hubbers ignore their hubscore - it really doesn't effect anything outside hubpages. And outside hubpages is where you want your hits to come from...

13. Timmy(B) profile image60
    Timmy(B)posted 13 years ago

Hubscore is a way for the top hubbers to live  on the first page of hubpages and for us newbies to strive forward to the magic 100!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)