Do you visit every forum topic?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)
  1. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

I skip religious and political topics. I enter all extreme hubmakeover, need help ask help, hubbers hangout, sandpit forum topics and other random topics that I may like.

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

just the ones that interest me.. ... I can't stand arguments and fights so I avoid those.  .. Doesn't matter which topic they are under, I love to read the knowledge exchange forum though at times I may not contribute to it.

saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

same to me

2. Aficionada profile image79
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

I'm mostly the same.  If the topic heading interests me, I will check it out and perhaps comment.  Sometimes, if I am feeling very brave, I will read one or more of the topics in the religious or political category (I didn't do this at all until recently), but for the most part I tend not to comment there.  Or, if I do, I try to stay away from protracted conversations.  There's too much emotion and too little thought in those two sections.  Every now and then I take part in one of the games; most of my participation is in the "HubPages" section.

PS - As it is, I spend way more time in the forums than I should!

3. profile image0
    selrachposted 13 years ago

I like to browse through the forums but tend to only comment if I have personal experiance in the topic, or an interest in the subject.
    I like the fun topics as I think a bit of fun is needed in the forums.

4. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I am trying to stay out of the religious and political forums.   It's not easy, because sometimes just the headings alone  make me want to scream, but I have avoided them for more than a week now..

God has blessed you lol

1. Pcunix profile image92
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think so.  I'm on the atheist side smile

no worry, then you have freed yourself smile

5. Lisa HW profile image60
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

I scan for what shows up on the "main" forums page, and if nothing catches my interest or urge to post, I'll scan for two or (maybe) three pages.  If nothing shows up by then I'll start scanning the individual forums.  There's a few I usually stay away from.

This isn't going sound very "Hub-Like", but unless I'm really trying to kill time for some reason, I tend to stay away from the "Extreme Make-over" forums.  So often, I don't think people are really looking for anyone's feedback or guidance.  It's just a chance to post their Hub and call attention to it on here.  If that's the case, I don't feel like reading what I'm not interested in and then taking the time to "offer input", all just because someone wanted to get some attention to his Hub.  Of those legitimately look for feedback, some of their Hubs are well put together, and if they're looking for feedback, it's only because they're either perfectionists or insecure.  I figure, "Who am I to offer feedback on your aim for perfection?" and I also figure, "Hey - if you're just looking to be told how great your Hub is, I don't have time to read what I'm not interested in, and I'm sure someone else will assuage your insecurity for you.

Then there are the people (I don't know how often) who may post atrocious Hubs.  I'm not someone who wants to appoint myself some adult's teacher, and I don't have it in me to say to someone, "Your Hub is awful and you need to completely re-write it."  Again, there's the "who am I to think my opinion of your Hub ought to matter" factor.   hmm

I figure, if someone is new and may want tips on, say, creating a good title; he can either search the zillions of things on HubPages about that kind of thing, post a thread to ask about tips for creating a title, or else come to the forums (even the Extreme Make-Over one) and say, "Can you look at my title and offer suggestions about making it more search-engine friendly."

I just don't have the trust, time, or patience to go to the "Here's my Hub.  I want all feedback." kind of threads.  Maybe that's rotten of me, because I know the world is full of people who like feedback on whatever is they do (and everyone who posts on that forum isn't phony); but I figure someone else is always willing to offer that generic feedback to those who ask.  I don't want to take the time on something that has, what I suspect is, the very high possibility of being nothing more than someone wanting to post a link to his Hub wherever he's allowed to.   Maybe I just give people too much credit for being able to know perfectly well whether their Hub is well put together, whether it passed the spell-checker, and whether it looks comparable to well done Hubs on here.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd have to agree sometimes, Lisa.

If it's a new person I'm more inclined to have a look and give tips... all the older pro hubbers usually have tons of people jump on the thread to comment anyway.

However I personally only post hubs in there now when I feel they're just 'not right' or 'missing something'. So maybe one in forty. smile

The last one in there got me such great feedback I added two new sections and almost doubled the hub size.

6. profile image0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years ago

I mostly like the "fun" forums but sometimes accidentaly get sucked into religion becuase I forget to look at the topic thingy at the top, and only look at the title. I would love to give adivce but very rarely actually know the answer to any questions. I almost never read the extreme make over section as I have no clue how to improve things. I try to read the knowleedge stuff but usally end up cross eyed and go look for a game.

7. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 13 years ago

it isn't possible to check out everything!  I look for topics that are fun, interesting, or where I see someone I like is commenting.  Much less of interest to me here in the forums since the Bible groups and politically rabid have been so prevalent.  They really bore me.  I used to post on the tribe thread all the time but people got sick of it I guess.  I am known far and wide as a thread killer.  Mainly if its a good one, I talk it to death!  sigh.

8. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Depends how bored I am... I'll venture almost anywhere given enough lazy time waiting for new topics to be created or grab my attention.

However I do prefer answering unanswered questions - smile forum posts with over 100 answers put me off a little!

1. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yeh - I hate having to read all of a thread I somehow missed in order to add a comment - so I won't be ignorant of how the thread is going . . . I have on occasion just barged right in repeating things that had been said earlier and gotten severely reprimanded.  ouch.  So if I missed a thread and it got too long and it seems like people are ensconced in some wonderful exchange I have to skip it.  I like to be in on the beginning of them, though.

9. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

every single one. wink

1. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

whenever possible and interested!

10. nikipa profile image63
    nikipaposted 13 years ago

I am not interested in political and religious posts at all. Usually I came here and read what interest me but very rarely join the discussions.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)