Approaching 1 Million Views....

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (74 posts)
  1. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

With the event of me approaching 1 million hub views in a few days or so, this gives me the chance to reflect back and see what I did to increase my traffic and revenues through Hubpages.

What really started the ball rolling was the very first Hubchallenge back in May 2009 and I've since done 4 or 5 hubchallenges since then and 1 60 day challenge which I have yet to start any serious promotion on them 30 hubpages.

So really you might say that I've only really been here for nearly 2 years.

I see the upcoming years with hubpages to be very profitable, now I've got to go back through over 600 hubpages and sort some of them out tags, titles, extra content, cos some are just duds!

Gonna be busy....cheers now!

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wayne, I have to do that too.

But perhaps consider doing this after the Christmas rush, and instead slap out some more sales pages smile

Then begin the process of strengthening your portfolio for 2011. This is what I am going to be doing.

Right now, I am using my energy to concentrate on potential bonus Amazon sales in anticipation of the biggest part of the year smile

Oh and congrats on the views.

waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I'm going to try and squeeze in some Christmas hubs this week or the next and concentrate more on Ebay and Amazon, maybe experiment with the layouts again....Cheers now!

2. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey, congratulations, 1 million views is a big number to reach! I am slowly getting there, I haven't dedicated as much time to hubpages over the last couple of months as I should have though, so my traffic has unfortuantely slowed down sad

3. Susana S profile image94
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Super duper Wayne! I'll get the beers in this time and when it's me hitting the big 1 mil in a few months time you can bring the beers tongue

Yay .... beers all around!

1. beverleejb profile image59
          beverleejbposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How bout a glass of wine!!

4. shabarigirish profile image59
      shabarigirishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Waynet, Looking forward for more and more hubs from you. smile

5. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I gotta ask, you really going to go through 600+ hubs when you could be writing new ones? Man you got better self discipline then I if you do tongue

I'll be writing new hubpages whilst going through my 600+ hubs....once I get to a nice fat 1000 hubpages I can properly sort everything out...I've already made sure everything is grouped and categorized...it's just the tags I want to go through and add my own images on every hubpage, it'll be quite a task, but it's needed to create my own proper stamp on my hubpages.

I've nearly finished backing up every hubpage on an external hard drive, just in case anything happens to Hubpages, not that it will, but you never know!

1. profile image0
          ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

waynet, join the club!

My biggest regret since joining hubpages is that I didn't begin using the 'Groups' feature from the start.

Attempting to put 600 hubs into nice little groups is an absolute nightmare!

I am then interlinking all of the hubs in each group, the idea being that the stronger hubs in each group will help revive the weaker ones.

I am using my referral tracker for these internal links (which I believe is fair dues, seeing as the alternative is no page leaks whatsoever).

That way, those that dont leave via an ad or capsule are tempted into visiting another of my hubs. If they still dont leave via an ad or capsule, then they can jolly off around the site wherever they wish for a couple of hours - hopefully deciding to become click happy at some stage!

Call it internal optimisation if you like. I am already seeing big rises in AdSense impressions, Hubpages page views, and more visits to my Amazon pages. Internal linking and groups now play a big part in my strategy. It would be very short sighted of Hubpages to do away with internal linking incentives, put it that way wink

Not sure if u are familiar with groups, but the reader can flick through each hub in the group by clicking some arrows near the comments box! Not sure how effective this is, but any browsing is a bonus!

Yeah I sure hope Hubpages don't do away with the linking incentives either on our hubpages or profile pages.

That sounds like a great linking solution, I'm trying more video to get people to stay on the page and arrange capsules in a more experimental fashion now. If I can get my bounce rates down a bit, then maybe they will click an ad or go buy something.....onwards and upwards! smile

6. beverleejb profile image59
      beverleejbposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello, WOW I MILLION views.
      Now I know that took some serious work on your part.
      I am so proud that you are following lil ole me.
      Thanks
      Bev

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Congratulations! smile

3. GmaGoldie profile image81
    GmaGoldieposted 13 years ago

Congrat!  You are an inspiration!

4. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Congratulations, Wayne! Well deserved!

5. profile image0
    selrachposted 13 years ago

Only 998,000 to go and I will catch you lol

Congrats a formidable milestone

6. waynet profile image69

Cheers all!

Been feeling inspired by lots of hubbers on here over the months and years and it's been a fun week this week in particular as I can now focus on combining hubpages with more YouTube videos and might add a few Revver videos too.

7. Dr23 profile image60
    Dr23posted 13 years ago

Great job!

One million views is an amazing milestone to reach, and one that all Hubbers should strive for.

View goals are much easier and better for the brain than monetary goals. Set goals with views and the money will come close behind.

smile

Again, awesome job!

I suppose the goal would be to have a million views in one day or week now that would be cool!

8. CASE1WORKER profile image63
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

great job! totally amazing. One day I will get there until then, slog and dream, dream and slog

9. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Wow, Congrats waynet! Another one million here for you!

10. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Amazing job Waynet! A million views! Congratulations and what an inspiration for the rest of us Hubbers.

11. anime_nanet profile image59
    anime_nanetposted 13 years ago

You're my hero

12. waynet profile image69

Cheers all!

Still enjoying the site!

More hubpages planned.

13. Cheeky Girl profile image65
    Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

Gadzooks! Almost a million!! That is quite a record. I wonder how many Hubbers have hit the one million views on Hub Pages? Well done, and warmest congratulations! big_smile

I think there are a good few who have reached the million milestone here....Cheers Now!

14. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

cheers wayne  a brilliant score, i should make 10k tomorrow so i'm happy too.

10k in 5 months is more than I had at the time!

15. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

really, thanks wayne, here's to the next ten

Yeah it took me a couple of years to figure it all out!!!! lol!

And cheers Cags!

16. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Congrats Waynet! smile

17. joebee profile image58
    joebeeposted 13 years ago

Good works, congrat.i just started 2 days ago and i have 4 strong guys at my back and i know i wantn't take 2 year to get 1 million views. i believe in 2 years i should have more then 10 million viewing. good luck.

18. Spacey Gracey profile image39
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

whistful siiggghhhhhhh.

I hope that's me in 18 months time.

Make sure you come and announce it when you hit the big 1M.

I will announce it and have a little celebration with lots of cake!!!! smile

19. waynet profile image69

Reached over 1 million views today....which was nice!...waiting for the medal!

1. travelespresso profile image68
      travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wahoo Waynet - that's fantastic news.  Congratulations!!!!

20. bojanglesk8 profile image61
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

Nice, that's crazy.

21. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

that's a great achievement! I have 25,000 more to catch up so here's hoping...big_smile

22. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

that's a great achievement! I have a long way to go before I  catch up so here's hoping...big_smile

23. waynet profile image69

Cheers now Guys....aiming for 2 million views quicker this time....

24. BartCougy profile image58
    BartCougyposted 13 years ago

Whoa, that is absolutely amazing! I wish I had the motivation and time to do that, haha! Congratulations on this though. We hubbers are very proud of you, and we all hope that you continue to make and create for us to learn. Thanks for sharing!

Will do....always got hubpages to write! smile

25. IntimatEvolution profile image69
    IntimatEvolutionposted 13 years ago

How exciting!

26. KristenGrace profile image59
    KristenGraceposted 13 years ago

That's amazing!! Congratulations!

27. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 13 years ago

Congratulations!

28. warchild75 profile image64
    warchild75posted 13 years ago

Congrats thats quite an achievement,maybe there should be a millionaires club or something,im nearly half way there and hoping to be catching you up soon.wink

29. waynet profile image69

Cheers now! Soon I shall reach 2 million views in half the time of being here or less....

30. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 13 years ago

Heya and G'Day Wayne,

Well Don Old Chap,

One million views, your now part of an exclusive club that will most likely see more members joining over the next twelve months.

I raise my glass and my hat to you on this auspicious occasion.

Now, how is it going with getting one million fans? lol

Good on ya, mate, good on ya!

Haha lol 1 million fans!!! now that would take many years!! big_smile

I'll settle for a million dollars though quite easily!

31. Dorothee-Gy profile image65
    Dorothee-Gyposted 13 years ago

Wow, Waynet, congratulations!!! It is so inspiring to read from you guys who are already where most of us want to be one day, and knowing that everything is possible.

I reached my first 1.000 views a few days ago and so I only have 999.000 views to go. Given that there are millions of people connected to the web, this should be reachable one day...

Hope your monthly income from Hubpages reflects this success, too!

Cheers now!

My earnings from hubpages are rising and I can see a noticeable increase. Now if I can increase my daily traffic, which is now around 3400 views a day, my goal is double this in the next 2-3 months or so.

32. Spacey Gracey profile image39
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

Will you double your traffic with more hubs, on-page SEO, backlinks ??????

Your traffic has made me feel better - its about 6 views per day per hub, which is pretty much what mine has settled on. But my views are over such a small number of popular hubs it makes me really nervous I won't be able to replicate the success. Just gotta keep plugging away I guess.

I am continuing to write hubpages until I get to a nice neat 1000 and then stop for awhile to catch up, which will probably take a good few months to check tags and do backlinks and just promote the hell out of them and then I will also go back to the dud hubpages that have never had any traffic except the couple of visits they had when first published.

I do plan on focusing on my blogs more in the future as I control them more and they need a bit of care as they might feel like they've been neglected the last couple of years.

I'll have to check how many hubpages of mine are actually getting good traffic every day, because it's these that will increase in traffic and earnings over time.

33. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

That's fantastic, Congrats!

1. YU_First 1 profile image61
      YU_First 1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are a great inspiration. Congratulations.

34. waynet profile image69

Cheers now!

1 million dollars next!!!!

And then the world muwahahahahaha!

1. viryabo profile image93
      viryaboposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I give a resounding AMEN to that. smile
      Well done Waynet, at over six hundred hubs, you've worked really hard and deserve it.

2. saleheensblog profile image60
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

congratulation smile

what will be left for us? Will we get salary for leaving the world for you? tongue

Sorry no salary...how about some celery!

35. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 13 years ago

Congratulations Wayne!  I should hit 500,000 by the end of November.  I'm hoping the second half of my million goes faster than the first.  smile

It usually goes quicker when you are busy doing other things and then take a look at your total traffic stats and go hey it's increased!!

Cheers now!

36. emievil profile image66
    emievilposted 13 years ago

Congrats Waynet!

1. Josh_Smith profile image60
      Josh_Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would like to dido what everyone else i think that is a great.

I'd like to do Dido too....she's hot! big_smile

1. Susana S profile image94
          Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hahahahaha lol

37. Karanda profile image79
    Karandaposted 13 years ago

Many sincere congratulations! Sorry can't stop and chat but I'm off to check out your Hubs and see how you did it. Still 90 off my first 1,000 views poor thing.

38. Balmung profile image57
    Balmungposted 13 years ago

That's.......a lot of views. Congrats.

It is a lot of views, I wonder if I focus and try to promote more, will it increase quickly? Well that's what I have planned!

39. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

Congrats Waynet!
    Here's to the next million smile

40. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

This is very exciting.  Well done Wayne... I know you work hard at producing good content smile

41. waynet profile image69

Yeah, the next phase is pretty much planned out well into the next year....and that plan includes me just writing new hubpages until I've reached 1000 and then I'll stop for a while, maybe 6 months to a year, so that I can concentrate on promotion of all of my efforts and also my blogs too, because the next phases of business will include at least 3 of them blogs.

Who'd have thought that writing and creating online content and videos would result in actually producing income online...I sure didn't think so over 3 years ago that's for sure!

Cheers now!

42. itech profile image64
    itechposted 13 years ago

Congrats Man!!!!
    yOU've done a great Job.

43. waynet profile image69

Cheers now! got more hubpages to do and then my work is complete for a time!

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)