Just over a week, 161 page impressions, 218 views, ZERO clicks...

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)
  1. composed profile image63
    composedposted 15 years ago

Is this normal?

I am in this for the long hall and my traffic seems to be rising somewhat steadily, but I was just wondering when I can expect clicks to start happening in Google Adsense.  I don't think I really full understand how this works and if I am on the right track.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

1. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes. 

It takes time, patience and effort to achieve earnings.  "If you build it, they will come," only worked in that movie "Field of Dreams." 

Here are a couple of Hubs I wrote which might offer you some advice for the long haul:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Improve-Your-Hub-Earnings
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Boosting-HubScores

2. BristolBoy profile image63
      BristolBoyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Just stick with it.  I am in a similar situation but Yahoo is starting to pick up now (but not Google as I appear to have completely disappeared off their radar.

3. ngureco profile image80
      ngurecoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Clicks depend on lots of factors. With 15 hubs and 161 impressions, 100 impressions may be from yourself..

But on average you may expect 18 clicks for every 1000 impressions which should equate to 1660 page views since you have to include the 40% impression that goes to hubpages.

1. WHoArtNow profile image82
        WHoArtNowposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'd kill for 18/1000!

I've got 58000 impressions to 309 clicks!

But I admit 90% of my traffic is stumbleupon traffic and those guys are great for your traffic, but not good at clicking those links! (or clicking onto your other articles!)

Keep at it composed, it's worth it in the end. The more hubs you have, the more money you'll make.

2. kashifmahmood profile image41
    kashifmahmoodposted 15 years ago

Don't worry about clicks they will come. They depend on lots of factors. Since you are new to HP so I assume that most of the traffic to your hubs is from HP members from which you will hardly get any clicks on adsense.

Keep posting interesting and helpful hubs and don't worry about your earnings. You will earn believe me wink

3. sunstreeks profile image82
    sunstreeksposted 15 years ago

I think what is happening is your presence at Hubpages is elevating so your getting some pageviews. Your hubscore is climbing and fellow hubbers are finding your hubs. It's possible a few of your hubs have been indexed by now on google and yahoo, but I'm betting most of your views are within Hubpages itself.  Check your stats at the top of some of your hubs. You will be able to see where your traffic is coming from. Hubpages traffic isn't very good for earnings, search engine traffic is.

To get some Adsense earnings you want people coming to you hubs to be doing so with purpose. You want targeted search engine traffic. I am going to offer some tips I really think might help. I hope you don't mind I critique one of your hubs.

On your California Farmers Markets there are about 6600 searches for the term California Farmers Market. I took of the s because "California Farmers Market" has better results and I think you would do better with it.

I use this tool to find avg search volume

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

There are about 1,110,000 search results through google for the term California Farmers Market
    these results are for any combination to the three words or anything close. Alot of these results could be just for farmers market, or California farmers.

There are only 5,970 results for the exact phrase "California Farmers Market" your chances of a first page appearance on google are great!!!!  6600 hundred searches for that keyword phrase and only 5,970 results for the phrase.

To optimize for search engine ranking I would change the title to say Guide To California Farmers Market. Then I would break up your different california areas into seperate capsules. Title them with the area your are talking about ie: "San Fransisco Farmers market" etc.

I would move your amazon capsule downward one capsule and have your top capsule be a few paragraphs of text. This will make hubpages place a big adsense box right on top. I learned this tip from shailini @ http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-100 … ge-authors When I implemented this tip into my hubs it had a huge affect right away. I have no way to know thats where my adsense clicks were coming from but there is no denying that my adsense clicks jumped dramatically from this little edit of my hubs.

I would also add pictures of people shopping at farmers market  or pictures of fruit stands etc. (try flickr.com do advanced search for creative commons material) This will add color to your page. Push the picture right so that it appears to the right side of the text. I'd add at least two pictures. When I do pictures I save the img with a name that is one of my keywords. you could do California Farmers Market. Then when the picture is saved in the hub, I again write the keyword either by itself or in a small sentence. Google image search is my 4th top traffic source so I love adding in pictures.

Then read through your hub. Try and add the word California Farmers Market in at least every other paragraph. More if possible. Over on your tags list. add California Farmers Market, California Farmers Markets, San Fransico Farmers market, etc. Get these long tails in your tag list.

While visiting your hub on california farmers market I can see that there are adsense results that do offer links to farmers markets. You will get clicks for these if you can get targeted search engine traffic to your page.

Once a hub is finished, it still needs some link juice aka backlinks to get indexed and some extra ranking power by google. I put together a hub recently that may help you to build backlinks and convince google that your page is worth listing on the first page.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Guide-To-Awesome-Backlinks

Hope you didn't mind the unrequested critique. =P

4. bgpappa profile image77
    bgpappaposted 15 years ago

Hang in there.  I am up to 1700 impressions with 9 clicks.  Made less than a dollar.  But with page views comes clicks.  Be active, respond to comments and over time it will come.

5. profile image0
    terrygposted 15 years ago

I agree it is normal. It does seem impossible at times to get some sort of return.

My advice to you is to broaden your horizons as there is a way to earn on impressions per thousand still on the net for your articles. I wrote a hub on this very point.

I personally think that hubs are of such a high quality that the reader is satisfied with reading what is on offer and have no need to search for more information. Basically, the hubpages written by hubbers are of excellent quality and satisfies the visitors desire.

As an aside: very nice Sunstreeks

6. reagu profile image64
    reaguposted 15 years ago

It's a numbers game.  Also depends on the type of content you're creating.  Are you marketing your hubpages at all?  Digg, Stumbleupon, and other social bookmarking sites work too.

7. composed profile image63

thanks to everyone for all of the great advice.  i am trying to put much of it to work.  it's a learning process, no doubt!

i have two clicks now... 54 cents!  woo-who!!!

8. composed profile image63

I followed some of sunstreeks advice on my hubs...

For one of my hubs, I am the #1 hit on Google as far as I can tell, but no massive traffic.  Sort of a bummer.

9. profile image58
    orionsky60403posted 15 years ago

#1 on Google using what type of a search. I mean if you search for a very very rare phrase you can make any page pop up as first right?  What methods are you using to rank better?  Are you just creating a strong number of back links ?
    I'm trying to learn right now.

10. JLPeterson profile image92
    JLPetersonposted 15 years ago

I am also wondering if I am set up right on adsense...to me when I check the stats I find it very confusing.  I am assuming as long as I see ads on my site, if someone clicks, I'll earn something.  So far my adsense earnings show 0 clicks and have for some time.  Not too motivating since I've earned money from day 1 on two other sites.

11. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 15 years ago

JL your hubs look OK and I can see the Ads.  As other posts say, initially all your traffic will be HubPages and they don't tend to click but once the search engines find you then the clicks should come.  The you should get around 1 to 8 clicks per 100 views. Good luck!

12. spuds profile image59
    spudsposted 15 years ago

Don't get to hung up on the amount of clicks. Keep making great hubs. The clicks will happen but if you are expecting hundreds and hundreds of clicks then you will be disappointed. Also some hub topics lends themselves to people clicking ads more than others.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)