List a product mad in the USA!

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Jesusjohn78 profile image66
    Jesusjohn78posted 13 years ago

Lets see how big we can get this list. Help support our country BUY AMERICAN!! 

I will start:

Mag-lite flashlights

2. Jesusjohn78 profile image66
    Jesusjohn78posted 13 years ago

Looks like I am the only person here who tries to buy American

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not really, it's just hard to think of stuff.smile But I'm trying.smile

3. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Toyotas!
    lol

4. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

Hurray! I’m reasonably certain our car companies are still American owned.smile So far anyway.smile

5. Ohma profile image60
    Ohmaposted 13 years ago

Gibson and Martin Guitars
    Pfaltzgraff dinnerware

6. paradigmsearch profile image60

We still do wheat and other food commodities big time!smile

7. paradigmsearch profile image60

Intel is building fabrication plants in the U.S. again, so add computer chips to the list.

8. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

No, you're not the only one who buys American....

I just got thrown by the thread title, wondering why a product would be mad.  Who or what is it mad at? How does one evaluate that?  smile

9. paradigmsearch profile image60

Cigarettes. Lots and lots of cigarettes.

10. paradigmsearch profile image60

Boeing airplanes.

11. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

Amish furniture.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image75
      Arthur Fontesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They make them cool heaters right?

1. ediggity profile image61
        ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They make pretty cool everything, but yes if you were referring to the fireplace looking heaters. All hand crafted quality, and heavy as a bus.  Some of the stuff looks funny though.  I like their desks.

12. paradigmsearch profile image60

Could someone check their box of Trojans and get back to us?

1. ediggity profile image61
      ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Even if they don't use the Trojans here, the end product was still made in the USA.

13. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Lots of products make people mad in the USA. smile

Not everyone here wants to buy American, there are hubbers from all over the world here.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Attention all non-U.S. Hubbers!smile

Please buy American. If we go down, you go down. Simple as that.

2. Arthur Fontes profile image75

People all over the world like their MickyDonalds hamburgers.  lol

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah...but then they are not made in America smile

Good point. Intel processors?

14. Arthur Fontes profile image75
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

Lockheed Martin, Boeing, John Deere all make products in America.

15. I am DB Cooper profile image63
    I am DB Cooperposted 13 years ago

I don't think I can post a URL here but a popular blog called A Continuous Lean has a section called The American List. Just Google those terms and you'll find their list of Made in the USA companies, including New Era (baseball caps), Leatherman (multi-tools), Zippo (lighters), and literally hundreds of others.

16. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

How about made in Canada...Blackberry anyone?

17. timorous profile image82
    timorousposted 13 years ago

Quite a bit of the stuff on the store shelves here in Canada is made in the U.S.A.  We're your biggest customer, you know. big_smile

Not proud of the fact mind you.  We used to make a lot of stuff here, but all the small and medium-size companies got bought out and they moved the jobs elsewhere. sad

1. profile image0
      Will Bensonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Many "American" cars are assembled in Canada. Michelin tires are made in Canada (although not exclusively). Per Wikipedia, abt 80% of Canadian exports go to the US. Canada is also the US's chief export market.

18. profile image0
    Will Bensonposted 13 years ago

American made? Diamond Gusset jeans.

19. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

There aren't very many products that are 100 percent made in the USA. I think the only thing that is still American made is food, and, some grocery chains are trying very had to have that imported too. The only reason it hasn't happened is because of our tight food safety laws.

But, I think things like Pencils, and some stationary is still made here. But, almost everything else is built somewhere else, and is only assembled, packaged, and shipped here.

20. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
    schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years ago

Ford cars are american made, right?
    local farms...
    beer? Samuel Adams?

There is am abundance of Mexican made Fords!

2. brimancandy profile image78
      brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

While Ford may claim to manufacture cars in America, not all of the car is made in the Untied States. Some parts of the car are made in other countries and shipped to the Ford plants for assembly.

I think this could be the reason why so many of todays cars are being recalled, is because the parts that are coming from other countries may not have to deal with the regulations in the U.S. Thus, we get faulty parts, and the model of the car in question has to be recalled to inspect.

I also worked for a major supermarket chain, and you would be surprised by the amount of produce that comes from other countries. A majority of the citrus comes from countries in South America. The only thing we still  consume domestic is corn, beef, and poultry, the rest comes from out of the country, a lot of it from Mexico, where farming is even cheaper than
      the factories that have moved down there.

The sad thing is, we could produce huge amounts of food here, but, those food giants who monopolise the stock market, would rather that our farms remain less productive, to keep the costs of food high, while they get foreign produce for pennies on the dollar, continuing to make them rich.
      While a lot of people starve to death.

21. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

I am in the UK and a while back I saw these really cool looking moulds for cakes (one was for a cool geometric design) with the US, made in America flag on it!

I was surprised and thought, cool. At least something is being exported from the states then big_smile

22. ExpandYourMind profile image67
    ExpandYourMindposted 13 years ago

I am proud to be made in America.

23. richtwf profile image61
    richtwfposted 13 years ago

Nike Shoes.

24. Jo Deslaurier profile image68
    Jo Deslaurierposted 13 years ago

Fiesta dishes (aka. Fiestaware) are made in America. A lot of books are also made in America.

25. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Vera Bradley bags.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)