I love my Mother, What about You?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (33 posts)
  1. sid_candid profile image57
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

I believe all will answer yes to my question. Mother is a special person in everybody's life. I can't imagine a single moment without my mother. But to be more practical I know in all likelihood she will die before me. Don't know how life would be after her. I never want to lose my mother but its not in our hands. Love to hear from fellow hubbers about the special lady in their life, Mother.

1. TheRaptorClaw profile image61
      TheRaptorClawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love my mother and if she wasn't here on earth i would be alone. She is only 20 years older than me so i still have a long time to live with her.

2. N.E. Wright profile image70
      N.E. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I adore my mother, but we have had our ups and downs since I was a teenager. 

When I was a child I worshiped her, because she showed my siblings and me complete love.  She never said the words she just did everything possible for us.  Her love felt like a warm blanket protecting me from the cold in our home.

I never want to be without my mother.  I would rather I leave this earth before she does.  Still, I always want the chance to make up with her if we disagree on something. 

I just truly love her and my great memories of her are the ones that always bring a smile on my face.

2. sid_candid profile image57
    sid_candidposted 13 years ago

It has been more than 24 hours of posting this forum thread. I was expecting good response to this thread. But I believe it has some how missed the eyes of fellow hubbers. I hope you respond to the thread and know the world know how much you care about your mother.

1. 19621205 profile image60
      19621205posted 13 years agoin reply to this

So very impressive question that deserves a very impressive answer.

For me, no other person can be greater than a mother. Believe me.... and if anybody else negates with it then I'll surely would appreciate their own opinion here also.

3. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

Yes, I love my mother!  She has always been a rock of solid Faith and love.

She doesn't live near me anymore, and I miss the long personal talks we used to have.  She always tried to understand and help with my problems no matter what, and she did it with a good mixture of honest criticism and lack of condemnation.   I miss the hugs and that beautiful smile in the mornings.

She's now in her 80's and disabled mentally with Alzheimer's, but her heart remains steady with the Lord and with her family even though she doesn't even remember us most of the time.
    Such is life.  But such is belief in her God too.  Her life is not so much a testament to human strength as it is a testament to how powerful our God is.

We are not perfect, but we serve a perfect God.
    That's my Mom; that's her legacy.  I cannot mention her life without giving credit to the Lord; it's that simple.

sid_candid, you said you don't know how life would be after your mother's gone.

What I know is that after mine is gone, I hope to be a rock just like she is.

4. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

I love my mother and although she passed away some 40 years ago, she is still and will always be with me.

5. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

The relationship between loving mothers and their kids is so universal and unique, maybe people don't find enough controversy in the subject to flock to this thread the way they flock to the religious or politics threads that have so much controversy.  smile

I'm among those who loved my mother and couldn't even believe what was happening when it was clear she wasn't going to live much longer.  Losing her was horrible, but I guess Nature equips us (at least to some degree) with that disbelief and numbness when something happens to our mother.  When it happens, we tend to find some thought that makes us feel a little better, and we hang onto that thought.  For me ("weird thought" as this may seem to be), it was always reminding myself that my mother got through her life without ever losing one of her children.  That, in itself, made her life, in my opinion, all anyone would ever hope to have.

6. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I don't want to promote this but everytime I think about my mom, I cry. I miss her.

http: - hubpages.com - Happy-Mothers-Day-I-love-you-Mom

7. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 13 years ago

I never had a chance to tell my mom that  I love her very much. Now she is not in this world and I cannot tell her that.

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sure you can tell her.  I tell my mom every day that I love her and I know she hears me.  I feel her presence all around me all the time.  Home Girl, tell your mother you love her, she will appreciate it and it will make you feel good inside.

2. SandyMcCollum profile image63
      SandyMcCollumposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, HomeGirl, she knows, she is with you all the time. I believe that. My mother was never close to me, I found out she died in an online obituary. But I understand the relationship others have with their moms.

3. 19621205 profile image60

It saddened me reading your post but surely you don't want that to happen to your kids being a mother. You still have time for your kids and make the most of it.

Cheer up!

8. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

here are my thoughts on mothers.

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Lonely-Child-A-poem
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Angel-A-Poem

And yes I looooooooooove my mother. big_smile

9. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

i loved many mothers when I was single

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL lol OMG, you crack me up.  I don't even know how to respond to that but I love it... lol

2. saleheensblog profile image61
      saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol were you ever single? I really have doubt lol lol

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i was single less than 3 years ago my friend...

then it was time to settle down and have enough kids to guarantee there will be enough people around to carry my casket

1. saleheensblog profile image61

lol lol

how is the latest one? r u still teaching him SEO?

he is teaching me...

how to get up every hour and a half and drive one's parents crazy

lol lol

mission accomplished

wait, but he didn't teach you to drive fellow hubbers crazy. Seems like you are a very practical student and applying yourself everywhere lol

give some kisses to your kiddi from me tongue ,i love kids

i get around

roll

3. know one profile image60
      know oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lmao!  In my travels this year a couple of 20 yr olds asked me to go home with them and play dirty step mum... lol, yeah sure, let me just cook you a wholesome meal first  wink

4. 19621205 profile image60

That's great dude! You are not alone LOLZ...

10. Jo Deslaurier profile image68
    Jo Deslaurierposted 13 years ago

Without a doubt in my head I can confirm that I love my mother smile

11. know one profile image60
    know oneposted 13 years ago

No. As a kid I know I wanted to... but really, there was just too much violence from both parents, her mental illness, and general fear and b-s from day to day, and it just eroded the innocence that would make it possible to feel that. Both parents died quite recently, which was sad. I felt sorry for them - and sorry for me. It's very different with the family I have created.

12. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

I love my mother in a very protective way. My love for her has grown along with my understanding and admiration when I became a mother myself and when I got sober. I wish I had had more time with her after I FINALLY understood her. But I got one year and that was good.
    Can't bring her back, but I can carry the many things she taught me. And I really like to imagine her delightful New England accent and throaty voice saying, "Shut the damned dahr (door)!"

13. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 13 years ago

My mother & I have always had a distance between us-but I have always loved her and admire the beauty within her. I remember as a child fighting to hold her hand as as we walked through a grocery store- or wishing I would get sick just so she would sit and talk with me for awhile and run her fingers through my hair.
    Even now that I am a mother- I still get a tugging feeling to call her when I am worried, sick, scared, excited or just need to talk... but I am paralyzed- for example I have been in the hospital twice over the past ten dayss, I have yet to tell her and probably will keep my health issues to myself even though I wish i had her to hold me in the moments fear overtakes me.
    I still apoligize to her for things which I did 10-15 years ago that caused her pain-and still long for the moment she can tell me she is proud of who I have become. But the wall remains, and I am still searching for away to have her see me- believe in me, and perhaps wrap her arms around me to give me the sence of love and peace iRecall feeling the half a dozen meaningful e mbraces we've shared. But for now, I'm giving my children all I am and hope they feel my love.

Wow that was an outpour of emotions- sorry, meant to say yes I love my mom and need her love as much today as I did as a child.

14. Maria Cecilia profile image83
    Maria Ceciliaposted 13 years ago

I love my mom though she is no longer here on earth, she often visits me in my dreams especially when  i am having problems.. many times I woke up happy, and the last thing I remember was I dreamt of her and my father and we were having the best laugh of our lives.... I always dream of my mother as if she is a part of my life... her love for me is everlasting, and she had a hard time leaving our World because she was worrying about me. a few days before she died, I heard her talking though no one was there, she said in tagalog "pano si Maricel", meaning how about Maricel....

15. seanorjohn profile image70
    seanorjohnposted 13 years ago

But I don't know your mother! I'm sure she is adorable.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)