What is your Meyers-Briggs Personality Type?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (49 posts)
  1. Mighty Mom profile image76
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Have you taken the M-B personality test?
    Which of the 16 personality types are you?

I am a minority type: INFP, the Idealist!

1. Pcunix profile image92
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You do know that this stuff is considered balderdash by most?

1. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

probably, but I enjoyed it

I'm INTP by the way, and I suspect you might be too Pcunix
        at least the I T P part

1. Pcunix profile image92
          Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I took one of those.  The graph had a sharp spike in one spot  that the examiners oohed and ahhed over - I don't remember what it was but I  read up on it later and learned that 20th century snake oil is all it is.

2. tonymac04 profile image71
        tonymac04posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Most what?

3. tonymac04 profile image71

Most what?

2. Sunnyglitter profile image83
      Sunnyglitterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm an INFJ- Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging.

1. Denise Dulany profile image60
        Denise Dulanyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me too!
        I think our personality changes with major life transitions.
        I had all my kids take it to do some research on how they will change through time.

3. tonymac04 profile image71

INFP too - couldn't you guess? LOL!

2. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 13 years ago

No, but I took the waynet personality test and it said I was super cool and amazing all in one! Result!

3. PurpleOne profile image78
    PurpleOneposted 13 years ago

Mighty Mom, I am also INFP!

4. timorous profile image81
    timorousposted 13 years ago

Hi Mighty Mom.

I took that test a couple of months ago.  Apparently I'm INTJ...so I like to figure things out on my own...in the most logical fashion.  So go away, I'm trying to get this next hub article 'perfect'.  Haha!  Still..I don't read too much into such things.  Everybody's different.  Even the Meyers-Briggs people say so.

Actually, I'm working hard to not be so anal about stuff.  Most things don't really matter that much, you know...  Cheers. smile

5. Mighty Mom profile image76

For balderdash, M-B certainly is popular! (see below).
    Then again, I don't personally agree with Chinese astrology. But that doesn't stop me from reading about it on the menu every time I go out for Chinese!

"One of the most popular personality tests in the world is the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), a psychological-assessment system based on the work of psychologist Carl Jung. Two and a half million Americans a year take the Myers-Briggs. Eighty-nine companies out of the US Fortune 100 make use of it, for recruitment and selection or to help employees understand themselves or their co-workers."

http://www.psychometric-success.com/per … -tests.htm

6. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

I took it years ago and have forgotten what I am lol

I do know creative & independent was part of it.

7. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

INTJ

8. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

When I worked for other people, I absolutely refused to work for any company that required that I take any such a test.

Bunch of bullies making an industry out of nonsense.

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it's wrong for companies to hire based on this test.  I did a quiz which was clearly for this, but they didn't interview me properly to see how my qualifications and skills fit the job. 

However, I like MBTI as "home psychology" - I found it useful to try and understand how people tick (including myself)

9. Mighty Mom profile image76

I don't like the idea of employers using the test to judge candidates, either.

If anyone is interested you can do the test for free at various sites. www.humanmetrics.com is one such site.
    I just retook the test -- still INFP!

10. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

Why take a test at all! Time better spent writing hubs.

As for finding out what makes people tick, go out and have a beer together.

11. Mighty Mom profile image76

It's really interesting that none of the hubbers who have responded are "E" we are all "I" and all "N" and no "S" types.
    Good to know we are all fulfilling our career destinies as WRITERS!

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Burst Your Bubble - ENFJ - With Moderate Intuitive and Feeling

Very Interesting and accurate for an Extrovert PD

1. livewithrichard profile image73
        livewithrichardposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I scored an ENFJ too.  What a surprise....lol

I don't mind being unique.. but Not Unicqued or Unicked smile

2. PurpleOne profile image78
      PurpleOneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking the same thing, Mighty Mom! The so-called "minority personalities" like INFP are probably in much higher numbers here on HP than in the general population.

12. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years ago

I administered/scored the test in private practice and vocational settings several years and don't care for it much. We found results didn't seem to match behavior on the job for newly hired employees more than 50% during the years we continued to follow-up with each. 

When I took it myself in grad school and for a govt agency earlier, I was given a second analysis instrument for a greater in-depth look; findings being that I was both and equally ENTJ and INTJ.

So, I like to use the Work Values, Job Satisfaction, Work Interests, Volunteer Interests, and Retirement Interests tests for job candidates as needed, because they are shorter and seem more accurate for more test takers I've seen. The Job Satisfaction test is GREAT for pinpointing whatever will lead to job burnout in each individual as well. I love that test. A new one in development helps pinpoint spiritual gifts for those interested and I have not yet seen it.

Cheers!

13. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 13 years ago

INFJ

14. profile image0
    SirDentposted 13 years ago

ESFJ

First time I ever took this test.  My personality certainly has changed becuase back in High School I was an introvert.  I was the most shy person in school I think.

15. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

I took an online version some years back and my result came out as INFJ.  Then I joined a forum for other INFJs and realised that I definitely wasn't one!  On further consideration, I typed myself as INTJ - with a great sense of relief, I might add.  At last, I'd found a non-pathological explanation for why I have always felt like an alien in a lot of social situations lol

I actually like Myers-Briggs; it's non-judgmental (i.e. it assigns an equal value to all the types and doesn't demonise some and idealise others).  And I always find myself secretly "typing" the people I meet and using this as a way to predict how they will behave - usually with a great deal of accuracy.  Predictive capability is the proof of any theoretical pudding.

Of course, I'm sure that it gets abused too - e.g. "you can't work in sales, you're an introvert".  Whereas it's perfectly possible for introverts to do well in "extroverted" jobs such as sales; they just need to make sure that they spend regular time alone recharging themselves.

1. kerryg profile image84
      kerrygposted 13 years agoin reply to this

-ntj's are an interesting bunch. I don't think he's ever taken the test, but I suspect my husband is an ENTJ and he is like a mini-Napoleon or something. 90% of the time, he can turn somebody from hostile to an ally for life in 10 minutes or less, and the other 10% he'll just trample them underfoot like ants by sheer strength of personality. It's kind of awe-inspiring to watch.

Hi there stranger smile

That's just a standard Scorpio trait Kerry yikes

Except he's Taurus!

See How Accurate the Test Is? hmm

It Said I was Intuitive lol

2. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ENTJs aren't known as the Evil Overlord type for nothing lol

Hee! Very true!

He was doing PR for his brother's business for awhile and made the governor, the mayor, most of the city council, and various state and national senators and representatives into allies before he was through.

I'm lucky he's in medicine, because the alternative probably would be politics... and I would be a lousy politician's wife!

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like your analysis.

16. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

I'm an ENTJ -- big surprise, I know. smile

17. gracenotes profile image90
    gracenotesposted 13 years ago

A very interesting subject!
    After a number of years of reflection, I believe I am an ISFJ.
    I never could get the "S" and "J" to fit for me since I keep a messy desk.  But I have come to realize that there's far more to it.  Like being a long-range planner and very cautious, both of which describe me!

By far, the most frequent rating I get on HP is "useful".  In my imagination, I see an ISFJ writing in order to help people in practical, tangible ways.

18. Spacey Gracey profile image41
    Spacey Graceyposted 13 years ago

This forum brought back happy memeroies of being at uni and doing the 'milk round' - endless tests to try and land a job. Little did I know that once I started a 'career' they'd just keep on testing me. Anyway I was happy to sit in a meeting room taking cosmo-style tests on a full days play plus expenses.

Just did the test for fun to see if its changed - I am still ENFP but less extreme on each measure - which is a good thing I think because if I scored the same as I did when I was 21 I would be a little concerned I had not mellowed at all in 8 years.

Thanks for the memories Mighty Mom.

19. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I took it years ago but don't remember.. anyone want to typecast me?  actually I think these kind of tests may be useful in certain situations, but I wouldn't base a hiring decision or a relationship match on a personality test.  I think anyone can be any way they need to be. we may have dominant characteristics, but if not needed in daily life, they're not obvious. we've all seen or heard about that person that acted 'out of character' and been surprised, but that's my point.

1. profile image0

ENFJ?

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll let you know. I'm re-taking it.

20. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

INFP the last time I took the test.

I was once in a situation where I had about three interviews for a job that I was well qualified for, but the guy dithered over giving it to me although he acknowledged that I was the best candidate because some part if their particular psychometric test suggested that I wasn't communicative enough. I took another job during the time he was dithering!  Ironically my previous job had been in client relations for a software company and I had spent all my time communicating!

1. profile image0

Your story is a prime example of the way tests like this can be misused - glad you had the last laugh and got another job!

I sometimes think that employers use things like psychometric testing and management consultants as a way to avoid taking responsibility for their own judgments.

1. CMHypno profile image82
        CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agree with you Empress.  If he just didn't like me, I would have preferred he said so and we could have both saved a lot of time and energy.

21. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 13 years ago

I am an ESTJ (Extraversion, Sensing, Thinking, Judgment). For me, the test is incredibly accurate! big_smile

Politics big_smile

22. rebekahELLE profile image85

INFJ  big_smile    it must be the mood I'm in today. lol 

it definitely lines up with my careers and looking at personalities of famous people, I do admire others in this group, Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela and Nicole Kidman, John Bradshaw.

23. rebekahELLE profile image85

after reading the description of INFJ, it's very accurate!

24. skyfire profile image77
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

INTJ

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)