Some one sued Google - and Won :)

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (83 posts)
  1. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago
    1. BDazzler profile image78
      BDazzlerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think "everybody" with an unjustly terminated acount, might want to consider suing google in small claims court.   The death of a thousand small cuts smile

Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Worth a try - although then we would be stuck with yahoo sad

My hope would be that they would see the trend and start opening up their processes a bit more.  (Just a bit smile )

2. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

It sounds like more hassle than benefit, but this might be a good alternative for those who want a solution.

You're probably right  ... everybody loves a good "Little guy whups the big guy" story... but now that I think about it, you have a good point.  I don't know that I would have bothered, had it been me.  I will, however, cheer on the sidelines. big_smile

2. ngureco profile image81
      ngurecoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This was a big hassle to that gentleman, SweetiePie. $721 is little money to google but if only we can have 100 such people, these big companies can learn a lesson and be more transparent to people. Their TOS's should not be allowed to override the laws of the land just because these companies have a monopoly.

1. SweetiePie profile image83
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

However, some people such as myself do not really feel like going to small claims court over every little situation.  I applaud those who do, but being an introvert means I do not enjoy heavy duty people interaction such as in a court setting.  I will go to jury duty when asked, but I just do not see the point of suing someone when I can go on with my life.  I applaud those who do, but also understand that highly social situations are considered exhausting by some of us introverts.  There are just too many happy and beautiful things in this world for me to focus on a the few times I felt slighted. One time a construction site failed to demarcate on the sidewalk there were cut branches on a sidewalk, and I ended up tripping and breaking my toe.  Several people thought I should sue over that, but I did not see the point.  It would have been too much hassle in my personal life, but as I said I respect those who want to take on the big guy.

That is what they rely on. Too much trouble. 1,000,000 people like you is another $721,000,000 in the bank. That is what governments rely on too. Not worth the trouble...until it's too late. big_smile

As I said it also has to do with being introverted and do not feel this is worth it.  Nothing wrong with my perspective on this, but to each his own.

I never said there was anything "wrong" with your perspective - merely that that is what all the big organizations are relying on.

I see what you are saying.  You are correct, many people will not bother to sue Google.  However, now that you have brought this article to light maybe some people here that are upset by Adsense can research into doing this.

Which is why I posted it. big_smile

3. TheLoanConsultant profile image60
      TheLoanConsultantposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOL! That sounds like something I would've said. But I'm glad they got their money.

1. ngureco profile image81

Paragraph 4.2 of Kontera’s new agreement says that if you earn less than $5.00 in any given month, they keep the money and don't roll it over. Google can also borrow from Kontera and say that if you earn less than $500.00 in any given month, Google keeps the money and don't roll it over.

What would prevent Google from doing that? They are prevented from doing so by those few who sacrifice on behalf of the others to go through all that hassle for only $721.

3. Benjimester profile image87
    Benjimesterposted 15 years ago

It's funny how similar Google is in some ways to the mafia.  We play by their rules and give them their due respect and earnings, or they burn our house down, haha smile

1. sassychic profile image61
      sassychicposted 15 years agoin reply to this

this is very true! It was interesting to read the article.

4. 49er profile image60
    49erposted 15 years ago

I think that this guys account was terminated for a valid reason, because he was using adsense on a parked domain, which violates their TOS.

Google certainly handled the whole situation wrong and should have provided him, and for that matter the judge, with the reason though.

I think there are plenty examples of Google overstepping their bounds, but this guy was, with the exception of how google handled the situation, in the wrong.

5. mandybeau profile image57
    mandybeauposted 15 years ago

Might be doing the same for a lot less no I'll just warn others not to involve themselves in Google based Structures, as the system is very one sided, and they have left a gap wide enough to drive a double decker bus through.in terms of the violations etc.

Well, that may be true, but while Google has made billions, I have made 10s of thousands from Google based strcutures.

I just like to see 'em kept a bit more in line. Not sunk, just responsive.

6. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

what does Parked DOmain mean?

1. BristolBoy profile image62
      BristolBoyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Basically I think it is when someone would buy the web address but then not use it productively.  Often the owner of the site hopes to sell it on at a profit at a later date as the address could be seen to have value, or they will put loads of adverts on it and try and make money that way. 

I am sure someone else will be able to clarify more though.

1. danjutsu profile image59
        danjutsuposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have bought some domains from a company in UK called 1and1.com and they have a parking service for people who are either deciding what to do with the domain or waiting to sell it on. "Parking" means that they ask you what sort of site it is intended to be or they have a good guess from the domain name, and plonk a load of ads on it on your behalf. It doesnt make a shed load of money but usually enough for the cost of hosting and maybe a bit more. I am thinking about parking a few of my choices so I will let you all know how it goes.

2. Great finds profile image60
      Great findsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Type in a random URL that you think would make a good website, and if it's catchy easy to remember and short, it will most probably be a parked domain.

Like this, http://petpetpets.com. You can park a domain name at Sedo.com

1. LondonGirl profile image81
        LondonGirlposted 15 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the explanation.

7. MamaDragonfly2677 profile image64
    MamaDragonfly2677posted 15 years ago

Hey Everyone!
    Guess what? Yesterday I got an Email saying that my Adsense Account was "disabled"...
    Reason being- INVALID CLICKS...
    OK- So NOW I understand what INVALID CLICKS means, come on, I've only been doing this for 5-6 weeks!
    SO- I filled out the "Appeal Form"... and I am now waiting for a response...
    What do you think will happen?
    I didn't realize that what I had said to my friends and family was...
    "Don't forget to click on my ads!" BUT- I didn't KNOW that it was a BAD THING!!!
    Ok, ok, ok so my MOM clicked a few times too many once in a while... That wasn't my fault, right? I told her to stop doing that, NOW that my account was disabled...
    Do you think they will give me a second chance???

It's kinda scary that Google knows about your private conversations with your mom.

Seriously, though, when they see a lot of clicks from a single IP address, it's pretty sure that they are artificial.  Google's advertisers that had to pay for those clicks when your mom is not a 'real' potential customer are entitled to a refund ... They may or may not give you a second chance. 

At least they told you what they think you did wrong.

1. MamaDragonfly2677 profile image64
        MamaDragonfly2677posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, Now I know this... Well, I have up to 48 hours (or longer) to wait to see what they decide... I wish I were blond, then I would have an excuse for acting so naive! wink

1. LondonGirl profile image81

Oy, watchit....

So .... you're blond and a lawyer ... Are there any jokes that your friends don't  send you? big_smile

1. Sufidreamer profile image80
              Sufidreamerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

She might not see that joke through the tippex on the computer screen......

I'll get me coat...

lol

2. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I really wouldnt get my hopes up about being reinstated...I would see if your Mom would be willing to get a new account for you under her tax id or calling the IRS for an EIN and register for a new account with that number. While your at it get your sisters to do it too, so you have some back ups..

Dont want to be the bearer of bad news, but its pretty uncommon to see google reinstate an account after they catch onto obvious clickfraud...the originally posted article shows just how little Google cares about your potential business with them, and a great article it was!

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  If you could prove the fraud was perpetrated by someone who has no relationship to you - either for their own benefit or vindictively - then you might stand a chance.  But as it's your Mom, I'd say you've got no chance.  After all, you might have told your relatives to click hoping you'd get away with it, and are now pretending ignorance now you've been caught (not saying you did, but there's nothing to prove otherwise).

2. ngureco profile image81

You think you can beat Google in a game where Google is the referee?

Perhaps your mom would have to get that id through different ip address, different pc., different harddisk, motherboard, ports, different P.O. Box number, street addresss, credit cards......the blind folded code may just be anywhere you don't know.

3. MamaDragonfly2677 profile image64

Thanks, but it is a lesson learned. I guess I should have LOOKED MORE INTO IT, like LISSIE suggested. Unfortunately, I did not, and here I am... She can think what she wants and be as sarcastic as she wants. It was an HONEST mistake. A mistake the TOOTH FAIRY and her probobly wouldn't have made, right? I'm not perfect, like other people THINK they are... (No pun intended)

Just to let everyone know, they have decided to NOT reinstate me. So in other words, I am writing my hubs for pure enjoyment for now on. This should pose as a warning to anyone else who is NEW to HubPages. (NO honest mistakes are allowed!) So READ THRU EVERYTHING! Or... contact Lissie- she is an expert here on hubpages, and can give you some really good advice! wink

4. ngureco profile image81

The die has been cast!! There is always a solution to every problem. Just go ahead and use Sunforged formula. You have nothing more to risk and nothing more to lose.

Probobly not... I write because I LIKE to... Not because I get paid to do it. I like helping people, and giving GOOD advice, without the sarcasm and "put-downs"... If I can HELP someone, then I will do my best at it... Money is something I have never had, and can live without...

3. mandybeau profile image57
      mandybeauposted 15 years agoin reply to this

[Guess what I have one too, but I have decided to look into other Structures and can say that yesterday I made over 10 times what I could make in Google in 9 months, basically I have just wiped them, it's peanuts, But that being said I have given them notice to no longer put ads on my page relating to Sexy Girls, dating lines, mateline, as none of my keywords relate to these ads. I will be furnishing Google with an Account, and suggest anyone in the same boat do so, My account will have an Interest caption on the bottom, and will also cover any costs, that I incurr whilst collection, I suggest others do the same.
      They will not pay at once, I doubt, and the interest will accrue. It takes seconds to write an invoice out.
      I don't buy their return all the money to advertisers. I had problems only after I wrote about a specific group, I have had all my stories suddenly needing revision, to be flagged over and over, I would be annoyed if I lost Hub pages through google, at that point, i will sue.

8. Christoph Reilly profile image69
    Christoph Reillyposted 15 years ago

Facinating article, Mark, thanks for posting the link.

9. LondonGirl profile image81

hmmmmmmm. No. Although lawyer jokes aren't as common in the UK as in the USA, I think.

My mother bought herself, my sisters, and me T-shirts which say, "Talk slowly, I'm a natural blonde".

And my other half bought a flatmate one she adored, which said, "men are like floor tiles - lay them right the first time, and you can walk all over them for ever"

Ahhhh...Sorry LondonGirl! I didn't mean that toward anyone! I swear!!!smile

2. BDazzler profile image78

Gee that's too bad, see, here in the US Scientists have begun using lawyers instead of lab rats for three reasons;
      1. There are now more lawyers than rats.
      2. The scientists don't get so attached to the lawyers.
      3. There are some things a rat just won't do.

lol
      ...  My brother the lawyer sent me that one big_smile

10. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

@Mark - the guy in the case you cited deserved to loose his account - he had google ads on a site with no other content - a clear violation.  I rather suspect he wasn't as naive as he makes out to have earned $700 in less than a month ... 

@dragonmama - do you believe that Google was related to the tooth fairy? Why on earth should they pay you for defrauding their customers ie the advertisers? Yes you might be new to this but did it not occur you to actually read what you had signed up for.  I agree with others - I see little chance of you getting an Adsense account again - you are far too big a risk for Google!

He managed to get a lot of attention so......

I complained to google about godaddy not so long ago. They had a bunch of parked property domains with one of my RSS feeds feeding snippets and google adsense ads on them lol

Dog eat dog at the moment, and it will get worse.  sad

2. MamaDragonfly2677 profile image64

Related to the tooth fairy??? Is that a joke? Honestly, it was a honest mistake... And if they DON'T give me a second chance, it's my OWN fault, I UNDERSTAND that. You didn't need to be so sarcastic Lissie. I learned my lesson, and I will find out the outcome when they finally respond to my appeal. Thanks for the "not so friendly" comment. Maybe I should just hang it all up, eh? Would THAT be YOUR advice to me???... Whatever. All I wanted was a simple answer- not a choice of "not so funny" words from a very successful hubber. You sure did put a damper on my day Lissie. Thanks.

And it's "MamaDragonfly"...not dragonmama. Sorry, but seeing you are being so strait forward, I guess I have the right to also.

3. mandybeau profile image57

Honestly, What the hell are ads for?. To be seen, Google needs to realise this, however, they are seen is irrelevant. Clicking devices are out there at the moment auto clicking all over the place, with absolutely no chance of anyone reading the ad let alone purchasing from it. This girl has come out and told the truth, There are way to many dishonest people out there, and yes I think one could be forgiven for thinking that Google was related, to the tooth fairy, they are about as easy to get hold of.
      The one thing I totally hate is sanctimonous, little people like lissie, that give the impression, they are little guardians for Google. Mindful that i suppose it could affect her meagre earnings, I suppose, but we need to be tolerant, and realise that genuine errors happen. Wake up stop playing prefect, as I know of no one that is  but be sure and get on your little computer like a good little girl and say what you think back to me, but bear in mind that I couldn't give a toss, you will hardly be affecting my chances of attending Ascot this year.
      Also everyone else has been really nice to Mamadragonfly, if you want sarcasm and nastiness try me for size.

11. LondonGirl profile image81

sorry to hear that - you can still use Amazon, ebay, and kontera, though?

Yes, but I haven't made one cent on those yet... I am just going to write because I enjoy it for now on... Less stress anyway.

1. tonyrich profile image57
        tonyrichposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I feel for you but at the same time, you can take that as a challenge to try some other ways of monetising your site. You will be surprised as to what can happen when you do something just for fun.

Since you are not thinking of the paycheck, you are very likely to do some fantastic hubs and who knows might a better gig than relying on adsense for your income.

good luck though!

Thank you SO much for the KIND WORDS!!! (Something I needed at the moment...) And you are right... Now that I am writing for FREE, maybe my mind will produce some visualization. Thanks tonyrich.

2. countrywomen profile image60
        countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

MamaDragonfly2677- As already suggested to you I feel you should talk to your mother and then creating/using her account can be tried. Even if you don't directly get the check but with your writing if your mother gets a check then that would be a wonderful gift from a daughter. Glad to know that you have overcome the disappointment. Yes writing surely is relaxing and enjoyable http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/mybusiness/Smilies/sunningsmilie.gif

12. Andrew0208 profile image58
    Andrew0208posted 15 years ago

Very unfair for Google as the use their sledge hammer on people. In fact they take people for granted. It could be painful anyway. Customer care equals zero.

This monopoly of Google's decision regarding adsense is terrible.

They are defenately unforgiving... Too bad for me, I guess. Maybe I should just mark it as just another disappointment, but I am tired of getting "the bone" every time I start to feel successful... And even tho 99% of everyone here on hubpages is understanding and sympathetic, there is still that 1% who have the power to drag you down below dirt for no reason... FOR NO REASON... Saying things that were totally uncalled for, and making you feel like a complete loser... Those people deserve a blue ribbon for "putting out the flame"... You know what I mean...

13. mandybeau profile image57

I was just thinking, I hadn't analysed this Google thing until now, but say someone was to get a snitcher, with another person, maybe they didn't like their Hubs, what would stop them just
    using another Computer and clicking over and over on that persons ads, It would be a whole stupid thing to do, but it is feasible. One thing is for sure I wouldn't advertise personally, not indeed advocate, it to an advertiser, as obviously the Click system is subject to fraudelaent clicks.
    And in my case anyone can flag your Hubs over and over.
    I don't like systems that are lacking, I don't write for the money, actually i don't know why i write, its something I enjoy, and a break from Art.
    At least with Art you do get paid, and also with those bid style sites, where you write an a particular subject, likewise you are not dependent on someone clicking on ads. 
    In short Google has no way of knowing which Clicks are legitimate, they can only summice.

You are an artist, too, eh? I like to draw. Is your pic on here yours? (It is great, if it is...)<- Even if it isn't...lol ANYHOW- I will have to contact you, I think we have a lot in common!

1. mandybeau profile image57

yeah the painting is mine, and read the note I have written to lissie, whom is also struck of my fan club lol. I use the site to show my paintings. People that resort to put downs are inferior, so just feel sorry for the lady there was no need for that er s..... When she mentioned the Antipodes, I was worried she was from my country new Zealand, thankfully not she lives in Perth Australia. Sigh, of relief.  I like Australia, but not Australians, lol

Your the awsome-est, thanks! I owe you one. And your an awsome artist, too. wink

2. ajcor profile image60
          ajcorposted 15 years agoin reply to this

hey that's not very nice Mandybeau - re the liking of Australians and not Australia - btw Lissie is from your country - New Zealand but currently  lives in Perth. cheers and hope you eventually have a win with Google!   big_smile

[Please be joking, tell me it isn't true, we could swap her for something,. So far they have clainmed our best Opera singer as their own, Our favourite pudding  Pavalova, Two of our actors, have been described by them as australian, once they became successful. They are always stealing our stuff, (Guess its in the genes, it was a penal colony). But hey they are so welcome to her. as they are welcome to my brother, Don't get me started there lol.
            What a prefect. Miss goody goody, butter wouldn't melt, I wouldn't say" the naughty word Bum for a big red apple " You have told me I wasn't very nice and yet, I have the feeling you were not entirely certain that I was wrong. By the way I have found the fault in my co mputer is from an outfit called copynprofit, someone has embedded them into the body of my site.

1. ajcor profile image60

no mandybeau as an aussi I was being "nice" I guess you are referring to the beautiful and oh so talented Kiri who really is yours while the pavlova really is ours - and as a direct descendant of a first fleeter I know we are in the main descended from the UK "throw outs" as indeed are a great number of the the americans however we are a resourceful lot  and as such should be commended for helping our friends across the ditch! seems to me almost as many new zealanders living here as in New Zealand and also I have many family members living in NZ. an aunt and uncle who have four children (Hamilton) plus a stepson,his wife and their 2 daughters (Dunedin) and friends!  Glad you found the source of your complaint hope it doesn't ever get into my computer - how did you find it?  cheers
              ps who are the two actors you were referring to?

Sam Neill and Russell Crowe of course, they aren't Ockers, but you have my brother and that was a brilliant swap, so I have the last laugh....Seriously we  descend from Nobility, sadly its French, but what descended from them was Pirates in Sicily and aah yes Grandaddy was a bootlegger.
                I wondered why he was rich, I thought he was a farmer, he lived on a farm....Family trees are a crack up, I was the only one that wasn't looking for a famous person, because I want to be that famous person in our family, hence the art, and my pedigree was better than all my friends, some found out New Zealand was also a penal colony. One mates' G/G grandma was sent out from England for stealing a Partridge, and her Grandfather was a remittance man he apparently duffed up the Parlour Maid.. She is the most arrogant cow out, so we all had a laugh, especially given she said oh well they had money to send him out.
                Getting back to Google, i am having trouble still with the system, plastering Google ads all over ther screen, mostly still on my icon.
                Thnx for the laugh.

1. ajcor profile image60

Knew about Sam Neill but not Russell Crowe - ah well - the first fleeter is on my paternal grandmother's side while from my paternal grandfather we also have french nobility which we only discovered last year....funny about that! love the story about your friend's g/g the arrogant cow and as for your grandfather i suppose he thought a fellow has to do what a fellow has to do!
                  keep up your good fight!   cheers

2. LondonGirl profile image81

I'm actually quite proud of hte fact that I come from a long line of agricultural labourers!

Hmmm yes, but no doubt they were honest agricultural workers, not boot leggers, I was gob smacked he seemed so straight up. But you don' t want to think badly about your ancestors, unless haha you are Australian. ( Australians love to find a villian on the family tree,)
                    Sorry totally uncalled for, seriously N.Z. is just as bad the criminals  here from the penal colonies were said to be cannibals. Which is as gross as one can get.

14. MamaDragonfly2677 profile image64
    MamaDragonfly2677posted 15 years ago

One more thing... If I can't get paid from Adsense anymore, then WHY are their ads still on my hubs??? If I can't make money from my hubs, then THEY shouldn't be able to either!

You can turn them off if you want smile

Mark- You seem like a pretty smart guy... I'm not going to fret over Adsense, but it just bugs me that every time I seem to get going on something, SOMETHING (like this) happens, and I am at a loss once again... I understand that I was "wrong" in telling people to click on the ads (NOW), but I truly believe that if they "investigated" like they said they did, they would see that it WAS an honest mistake... No matter what ANYONE has to say, I AM sorry for it, and I thought that I deserved a second chance... Google is unforgiving, obviously... I understand that there ARE people out there who do this deviously, but I am not one of them... I'm not looking for a way around it, as they have already made their decision to NOT reinstate me, and I'm not going to argue the fact. I just need to voice my opinion now... (Now that I have been PUT DOWN because of it...) There was comments about this that were totally UNCALLED for, as we both know, and I just feel the need to justify my actions... My feelings were hurt, and there was no reason for it... There is nothing I hate more than people who run their mouths with their brain out of gear... Maybe this is just because I, myself, would not intentionally say something stupid, just to prove a point... Especially if I didn't know the whole story... I think I am a very "down to earth" person... With a lot of passion for writing... And I will continue to write, just because I love writing, not because I want to become rich from it, because I know I never will.

I guess I am just looking for someone to say "I understand"...(?) WITHOUT being mean about it...sad

There are a lot of judgmental people around - I would just ignore them if I were you smile

You screwed up and made a mistake - we all do it. I would say I have made some far, far far bigger mistakes in my life that have cost me a damn site more than a few dollars adsense income, so I certainly understand how easy it is to make a mistake.

The best you can do is learn from the experience and not make the same mistake again. I only get angry with myself for repeating mistakes.

As long as you understand that the mistake you actually made was not reading the TOS.

And the tone you got replied to, to a certain extent comes from the fact that a lot of us here have seen the same mistake over and over. And some times this mistake costs everyone on the site. As an example - Hubpages has been banned from a number of social networking sites including wikipedia, because new members did not take the time to read the TOS of those sites.

Good luck with your writing - and be sure and turn the adsense off big_smile

Thanks for the advice Mark. I am not really planning on harping about it for the rest of my life... I understand I should've looked more into it, and I didn't... My own stupidity...I probobly never would've said a word if I wouldn't have felt like a target to someone else's personal problems. I guess I just had to get my point across, and now I feel better... So, it's just another "write-off" on my list of stupid mistakes. Thanks for the response, (and being kind). I appreciate it.

2. BDazzler profile image78

Hubpages has a revenue sharing model. Sometimes they serve up adsense with your publisher code, sometimes theirs.

Hubpages, as the owner of the site, is entitled to revenue from your hubs if you use their service.

15. mandybeau profile image57

thanks MamaDragonfly,
    Well it is true that little Ocker hasn't responded Good on her, lol.
    I would have only gone one better.
    Never be bullied be arrogant, I learnt that from the South Africans, and they are successful.
    Always stand up for yourself, I blocked Google and still had a couple of Google ads on my site, so they are not blameless(.Adsense}

16. matiskater profile image58
    matiskaterposted 15 years ago

wow thats unbelible that guy is smart haha!!!

17. LondonGirl profile image81

I have one ancestor who was takne to court because he'd got a girl pregnant and refused to marry her. He was ordered to cough up a shilling a week in child support....

It is incredible the level that was considered bad crime back then, taking a Partridge,etc., I guess a shilling is a lot more than the morons that go around leaving solo mothers all over the place to move on to the next, without paying a cent..... in maintenance.........Sadly they think the more kids they have the bigger stud they are. Scary.....

2. ajcor profile image60

that would have been a lot of money in those days - LG?

1. ajcor profile image60

silly me - just saw that you had madde a comment to this effect!  roll

18. LondonGirl profile image81

In 2007, £0 1s 0d from 1800 is worth £38.48    using average earnings.

19. mandybeau profile image57

Yes in terms of benefits etc. Well as they are paid in New zealand, that money would have been worth so much, so that gentleman, would have been providing, here if that happens, they skip across the ditch totally shirking all responsibility and the tax payers in New zealand would be picking up the tab.
    There you go Australia, we are giving you some more treats. lol.
    hey this Hub has got somewhat away from someone sued Google and won.
    Diversification, I like it.

20. LondonGirl profile image81

yup, nearly 40 quid a week, in terms of modern earnings.

There were 12 old pence (d) in a shilling, and 20 shillings to a pound (l) so therefore 240 pennies to a pound. Written as LSD

And today, in New Zealand, which is a total Welfare state, most pay nothing,however  at the top of the scale income wise it is assessed, (and they are able to basically cheat the system)
      The low income of people of gyros' pay $5.00 per week or thereabouts as it may affect their already limited lifestyle.
      It is one thing that really irks me. and another irk  that the less affluent, ( I spent ages thinking of a phrase, that describes them, as politely as poss.) seem to have different rules than the rest of this country.
      So back then that lady was taken care of pretty well. especially given it takes two to tango.I guess its about the children tho.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)