Is waiting for second coming /messiah manifestation of human hope?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (83 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

there are various religions in the world...largest being Christianity , followed by Islam , followed by hinduism...all three have concepts like second coming and avtaar...heard that judaism too have similar concept..is second coming or waiting for messiah manifestation of human hope?...

1. profile image0
      luabuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no it is not pisean
      at best it is dillusional
      Man's evolutionary energy is to be instinctively competitive.As we recognise this genetic programming within ourselves we feel flawed and endangered.

We subconsciously imagine ourselves,not as an aggressive ambitious species but as sinful beings on our way back to perfection and harmony through redemption.

We should move away from this delusion,recognise the depths of wickedness in our past and set up structures to allow us live with our fellow creatures and ourselves without coming to further harm.

Religion is the opium of the people.

Unless we go into re-hab and confront our demons we are doomed to overdose.

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

interesting thoughts...

2. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In Christianity and some Eastern religions it is not the physical second coming that they seem to be pointing to but more of a spiritual awakening. A remembering... some might view it, of our original state.

original state?...now what does that mean?

1. Merlin Fraser profile image61
          Merlin Fraserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It means don't hold your breath for the Second coming !

We are spiritual essences having a human experience. We have forgotten that which is eternal (spirit). We all know physical existence is temporary and we will die. Yet what is eternal (spirit or energy if you like) cannot be destroyed. It only changes.

The second coming therefore seems to be pointing to becoming "aware" of what is eternal. Pain and suffering etc then dissipate because they are elements connected to that which is temporal in nature. IE the brain that filters what flows through it.

The resurrection of Christ demonstrates the spiritual essence  that dwells within the body well.

It makes sense that like a thief in the night the second coming will occur because most expect Jesus floating on a cloud or something like that.

1. profile image0

you were going well for a while there pennyofheaven and then you blew it
            it happens to us all
            using Christ's resurrection as  a kind of metaphor  for what went before just nose dived your plane into a ploughed field
            then you walk away from the crash site with a little bit of pennyofheaven giberish
            probably suffering from the effects of the crash or delayed vertigo from the altitude of your flight
            I was hoping you could fly
            luabu

1. pennyofheaven profile image80

Haha, no I can't fly!

So you don't think that Christ resurrection illustrates our non physical state?

1. profile image0

Sorry pennyofheaven No

ok

3. kess profile image60
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Knowledge lead to hope and there is much knowledge about a second coming of Messiah, according to each religion.

Now is that knowledge Truth or False?

Since the false have no way of revealing itself except with truth, we must conclude that there is truth to second coming.

When the truth and false has been separated completely, we have now the plain TRUTH...

So We see that the coming of Truth is the second Coming...

The way of the Kingdom of God is the way of perfection,
      thus we see that individual within the corporate  and the corporate itself, must be of the same nature.

So if Truth has not come to that one individual, there can be no corporate second coming for that one.

And its the combination of the individuals make up the Corporate.

Therefore any individual whose hope is for a Corporate second coming as per his religion , it is vain cause he never found Truth as an individual so trusted the false.

roll can't you write in simple english...smile

1. kess profile image60
          kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is plain and simple enough english to those who will understand

okie...then can you complicate it so that i can understand it wink

2. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@Kess

"Since the false have no way of revealing itself except with truth, we must conclude that there is truth to second coming.

When the truth and false has been separated completely, we have now the plain TRUTH...

So We see that the coming of Truth is the second Coming"

What????

3. pennyofheaven profile image80

Makes sense to me!

4. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus' Second Coming has already taken place in the form of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908

well there you go again ...surely jesus looked healthier in second coming if you are right  smile

2. Merlin Fraser profile image61

Can I ask who else but you noticed ?

And shouldn't someone put an Ad in the paper saying, "Sorry Guys it's all Over and You Missed IT !!!"

lol

5. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes.
      It's mankind's only hope, actually.

1. Lady Wordsmith profile image75
        Lady Wordsmithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Really?  I've got lots of hope, and it's nothing to do with any kind of erm... 'coming'.

6. Daniel Carter profile image61
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's hope, but it's also a symptom of the need for humanity to be rescued from themselves, rather than take responsibility of their lives and actions and make the changes required. We need to rescue ourselves first, make the changes in us that promote and foster real hope, and then understand that whether or not Jesus comes again, we're completely good with all of it.

The more desperate we are for Jesus to save us, the more out of control we have allowed our lives to become. We have the power to take back control and make positive changes. Neither Jesus or God would prevent us from learning such important lessons, by rescuing us, only to watch us start the same old self destructive patterns again once the rescue is over. We might as well get on with living a better life.

1. profile image0

good stuff Daniel,
        We might as well get on with living a better life

why wait and waste time/why reference all that we do now to something that is at best /a notion

its like the person at an isolated bus stop who insists on not walking home because  a bus is bound to come along sometime

Yes agree.

Your post brings to mind something I heard a while back. Don't know if it was a joke or making a very valid point. It goes something like this...

A man was drowning and he prayed to God to save him. Not long after, a boat came along and offered to help him. He refused the help offered saying. No it's okay my God will save me. He continued to pray to God. Three more boats came along offering to save him. Yet he continued to refuse. He died.
        In heaven, he asked God "why didn't you save me". God replied saying, "I sent you four boats and you refused me".

1. Beelzedad profile image59
          Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Here's another one. A child was lying starving to death in the streets and he prayed to god for some food, but god decided to send another kid to Disneyland instead. The child died of starvation. True story. smile

Sad how that happens.....

Then the child gets to heaven and says to God..why did you let me starve and then die...God replied.. I asked many people to feed you but no one listened. I even asked the dude that sent his child to Disneyland. Alas they are deaf and do not listen to what their heart is telling them...

God simply replied, "I denied you food and allowed you to starve to death. I give food to others but not to you. Please remember, as god, I work in mysterious ways that mere humans need not understand."

Ok God could have said that too!

Whether god said that or not is irrelevant, his actions, or lack thereof, spoke volumes. He lets kids starve to death by the boatload every day, but manages to send other kids to Disneyland, all because of prayer. smile

I agree because it was hypothetical anyway.

What you say would be true if one believes God is this all powerful being sitting in the eithers somewhere waving a magic wand or using puppet strings to control.

God is perceived in many different ways. We each have our own way. That is not my perception of God.

2. Me, Steve Walters profile image79
            Me, Steve Waltersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A very sad, terrible story...Beelzedad! Which kid ended his suffering on Earth first?

7. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought that's what love my chris said Obama was! smile

8. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Hope exists as a bridge from rebellion to faith.
      Man lives between them and hope seems to be all he has.
      He does not want to rebel, yet does not exercise his faith.
      A paradox; a breeding ground for things surreal; a shimmering panteón of emotions and thoughts.

-James

2. Merlin Fraser profile image61
    Merlin Fraserposted 13 years ago

I tend to agree with luabu about the whole thing being some form of mass delusion or at best an over dose of wishful thinking but not I suspect for the same reasons.

I suspect that given the way Hollywood makes movies and how they treat any alien life forms who dare land upon the Earth by surrounding them with heavily armed trigger happy troops just dying to blow the crap out of them.  Or whisk them off to the Lab to dissect them see what makes them tick....

Then anyone foolish enough to wander around in a long shirt and sandals proclaiming;  "YE ! 'Tis Me... I'm Back !!!"  like some sort of ancient latter day Arnold Schwarzenegger...will receive pretty much the same general treatment.

Where for instance would he appear ?  Can’t go home can he, can you imagine the response he’d get anywhere in the Middle East these days ?   If he pops up in the US Bible Belt nobody outside would believe him.... anywhere else he would probably get locked up as a nut job !   

However, I suppose if it keeps some peoples paddles in the water and helps them get through the day it’s a fairly harmless delusion much as thinking a large man in a red suit is about to pop down your chimney and leave presents in ten days time, or that it’s still worth putting your teeth under the pillow.  My old granny used to keep her dentures under the pillow and she never did win the lottery !

1. profile image0

thanks for ruining christmas/my kids are reading
      you're a wizard merlin

1. Merlin Fraser profile image61

OOPS !
        Sorry Kids... That Fat guy in the Red Suit you saw in your livingroom kissing you r Mum with his hand on her Butt... He realy, really was Santa Clause

Honest !

3. insearchof truth profile image84
    insearchof truthposted 13 years ago

You all better hope He's coming, cause the earth can't take much more before it can't sustain life, or we just blow each other up.

earliest god or messenger of god or messiah cannot be traced back to 0.2 million years...so human survived without them and surely can survive without second coming too...that is not my question....my idea was to understand the emotions behind second coming concept...

2. profile image0

@ Insearch of truth

Well, he's not coming. He/she/it doesn't exist.  I agree it's a delusion by many because they can't face what is around them and inside them.

3. profile image0

Deleted

well even by posting it once...you could have expressed your opinion smile

4. pennyofheaven profile image80

I hope it doesn't come to that. We will have to start all over again!

4. profile image0
    EnglishMposted 13 years ago

Humans have a penchant for contemplating the superficial rather than the profound.

Isn't there a saying...The simple will confound the wise?

1. profile image0
        AKA Winstonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There'a nother saying, too: There's a sucker born every minute - P.T. Barnum

What has that got to do with anything?

2. Lady Wordsmith profile image75

big_smile

5. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 13 years ago

I think so, but there's a difference between passively waiting and actively working towards a messianic age.

Jews do not believe that the messiah will be some sort of supernatural being that will usher in some magical era. In fact, many of us don't believe in the messiah at all, but rather the fulfillment of a higher level of human development: no war, no death, etc.

This is why Judaism categorically rejects Jesus as the messiah, as well as Bar Kochba, Shabbatai Zvi, etc. and other would-be messiahs, and reminds us that we're supposed to be actively working towards a more peaceful world.

1. profile image0

You may be correct in the reason Judaism categorically rejects Jesus, but the original reason is outlined in the Bible.   A huge lie and manipulation of the resurrection events is what led the Jews of that time astray.  Lies often do hugely impact history, and in this case is to this day keeping many people from recognizing the Truth.

but how do you know that what you think as truth might be lie and what you think is lie , might be truth...m just trying to understand how you come to conclusion about truth?

1. profile image0

Common sense and Spiritual sense.

People can be fooled lots of times.  But when all things are confirmed via the Bible and in turn the Spirit confirms those as well, I know I've found the Truth.   I don't live in doubt like all those people who say there are many different truths about creation and such, because that's impossible.   There can only be one ultimate Truth of such basic and awesome things.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
            Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Brenda, You are absolutely right. God bless you! smile

2. livelonger profile image86
        livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The reason that Jews do not consider Jesus the messiah are many, but mostly for this reason alone: he did not fulfill any of the requirements whatsoever.

The fact that you think this means Jews are "astray" is really meaningless to us, much like, I'm sure, Mormons saying that you're believing a lie and not reading the right book is meaningless to you.

1. profile image0

He fulfilled ALL the requirements.   You will believe another lie, it seems.   Okay.  As you wish.

1. livelonger profile image86

It seems you don't know what the Jewish prophets said about the messiah. Here are just a few of the requirements, none of which have been fulfilled:

- the Sanhedrin will be re-established. (Isaiah 1:26)
            - there will be no more hunger or illness, and death will cease (Isaiah 25:8)
            - all of the dead will rise again (Isaiah 26:19)
            - weapons of war will be destroyed (Ezekiel 39:9)

Like I said, Jesus wasn't the only one. There have been several Jews throughout history who have claimed to be the messiah, most recently the Chabad rebbe Schneerson.

3. profile image0

A huge lie and manipulation of the resurrection events is what led the Jews of that time astray.

if there was a hub for this i would read it  Brenda even a forum thread?

1. profile image0

Both good ideas!

No time for a hub right now;  been doin' housework and my RA is hurting my hands....

I'll post a thread and leave it to see if it elicits any good discussion;  I'll have to come back to it later.....

2. profile image0

working for a better future sounds good to me  livelonger

1. livelonger profile image86

Yes, and no particular faith is required to do so, either!

6. Dee aka Nonna profile image61
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 13 years ago

Like "insearchoftruth" said... I really hope there is a second coming because the promise that comes after there, if true, is a world that all of us would want to live in. 

I was raise Catholic, Methodist and Baptist... my dad was a catholic and my mother methodist.  We would take turns going to each church.  When my dad died my mother took us and join the baptist church because her sister was there.  As an adult I've read and studies various other.  Some days I call myself a Buddist-Baptist.  That said I do think there is a second coming. When, know one knows for sure.  Also, I am not a religious person but I do love the way I feel after I pray, meditate or read something spirtually inspirational.

7. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

My favorite topic  lol

How come kitteh who died on cross helplessly is going to resurrect again ? I mean kitteh being son of god -so awesomely powerful got his backside kicked by mere humans is going to save us ? Yeah, yeah roll

1. Druid Dude profile image61
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A manisfestation of the Promise. Rhino breath... I mean Skyfire just thinks in material terms. He and his buddies are in for the rudest awakening of all. See you guys in the NEXT incarnation. Then things will really strike you funny. smile

8. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Jesus' Second Coming has already taken place in the form of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908.

One could wait till eternity; Jesus won't come literally and physically.

well then when is jesus's third coming?

Is there a 3rd coming?

well since paar says 2nd coming has already occured and no  one except paar's sect knows about it...i thought may be jesus would not mind coming again , so that entire world knows at it...i was just pulling leg of paar...he is good friend of mine and we disagree on everything...i and paar have relationship of disagreement smile

Haha, ok all good!

2. profile image0

will there be a fourth reich pennyofheaven

No idea?

2. profile image50

Jesus was to come again symbolically to falsify the untruth invented by Paul in Jesus' name; this had happened with the coming of the Promised Messiah 1835-1908.

There will be no third coming of Jesus.

1. Greek One profile image64
          Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can't believe I missed it by less than 100 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Lady Wordsmith profile image75

So, what did he do then, when he came back?

1. Druid Dude profile image61
              Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What in the name of misinformation? Paar, you sure are some kind of comedian! Where do you get this stuff from? Ever do stand-up? You ARE a hoot! Must be that English air. yikes

1. profile image50

What comedy? I write no comedy.

I express what I sincerely understand; and I am open to change if somebody gives a brillinat argument that convinces me.

2. profile image50

Jesus in Second Coming 1835-1908 told that the “Christianity” as invented by Paul and the Church was wrong and it has nothing to do with Jesus:

1.    Jesus did not die on the Cross.
              2.    Jesus did not resurrect from the dead; as he never died on the Cross in the first place.
              3.    Jesus did not ascend to the skies.
              4.    Jesus migrated from Judea and went to India.
              5.    Jesus married and had children.
              6.    Jesus was not god or son of god; he was son of man and a truthful Messenger Prophet of the Creator-God.
              7.    Trinity is wrong; there is only ONE, Creator-God.
              8.    Jesus was a follower of Moses and did not cancel Torah.

etc

9. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Jesus expalined himself as to what is meant by the Secong Coming; Jews were waiting for the Second Coming of Elijah; Jesus told them that John his cousin was the Elijah to come.   

Jesus in Second Coming 1835-1908 told that the “Christianity” as invented by Paul and the Church was wrong and it has nothing to do with Jesus:

1.    Jesus did not die on the Cross.
    2.    Jesus did not resurrect from the dead; as he never died on the Cross in the first place.
    3.    Jesus did not ascend to the skies.
    4.    Jesus migrated from Judea and went to India.
    5.    Jesus married and had children.
    6.    Jesus was not god or son of god; he was son of man and a truthful Messenger Prophet of the Creator-God.
    7.    Trinity is wrong; there is only ONE, Creator-God.
    8.    Jesus was a follower of Moses and did not cancel Torah.

etc

1. libby101a profile image60
      libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lets look at something else Paar. Which account is correct concerning Muhammad's vision? There are five different versions in the Qur'an.. can you explain to us which is correct?

(1) In Suras 53:2-18 & 81:19-24, Allah personally appeared. (2) In Suras 16:102 & 26:192-194 he was called by "the Holy Spirit". (3) In Sura 15:8 the angels announced his prophetic ministry; and , (4) The angel Gabriel told him of his ministry and hands him the Quran. Who were Muhammad's first supposed converts? Genies! Muhammad supposedly preached to & converted genies in Suras 46:29-35; 72:1-28.

How convenient that there was no one around to confirm his calling to be a prophet. Obviously there are some major flaws in how Muhammad was called to his so-called prophet-hood. Genies? If a man believes in Genies should we believe anything he saw?

10. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

paarsurrey

Why did you post so many religious threads?

Are you perhaps a little obscessed?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)