Which of the ten commandments did Adam and Eve break?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (39 posts)
  1. OpinionDuck profile image61
    OpinionDuckposted 13 years ago

None, they didn't exist for them, and technically I think breaking the tablets into pieces is like repealing them.

1. profile image57
      stoneyyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Doesn't matter, as nothing can occur that wasn't scripted by the Xian daemon deity.

1. OpinionDuck profile image61
        OpinionDuckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no comprende

1. profile image57

Why not?  There wasn't anything complex about my response.

Xian, shorthand for Christian, was coined by believers based on the Greek character 'rho.'  Now you know.

2. oceansnsunsets profile image84
      oceansnsunsetsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They broke the only rule given to them, and there were not ten commandments yet given, to break.  They were only given one easy rule, and there were lots of other great trees to eat from.  They broke the one "commandment" you could say.

1. profile image57

Nope, nothing was 'broken.'  The two mythical figures had no inkling of right or wrong.  You might as well fault a infant for not being able to design a nuclear reactor.

Secondly, their innocent action was scripted by the Xian daemon deity.

Divine Plan and the omni characteristics.  Something is omni [all] or it isn't.  There is no in between.

3. OpinionDuck profile image61
      OpinionDuckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Any answers

4. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Then why ask this question, please.

2. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

They didn't honor their mother and father.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Habee, I don't mean to bust you on this or sound off beat...

But who exactly would be Adam's mother, if Adam was created by God. I can understand "father"? If god were real of substance.

But, Adam wasn't done by birth from a mother. God said let their be a human and I will call him Adam. No birth.

It's interesting that Adam? If constructed as religion claims, never experienced childhood, so when God gave him free will, only then did Adam disobey. There was no parenting process.

It was *poof* Adam exists. I'm not trying to mock or make fun of you. I just want your understanding. smile

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was tongue-in-cheek, Ray!

Okay. smile

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
            couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God is not male or female so he would be both mother and father, figuratively speaking.

2. profile image57
          C.J. Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Habee,
          as in God is assexual?

Casgil,

.....you seem to imply, if there is a God, it's definitely a HE.

2. pennyofheaven profile image80
        pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps God is both feminine and masculine. You know like the yin and yang? In and of one another.

Okay then, God was a poor, neglectful, egotistical, psychotic parent. Robbing his own child of a childhood.

What does that say about what people aspire to be like? WOW! lol

1. pennyofheaven profile image80

Yep if thats how you see it!

1. profile image57

It isn't 'how a individual' sees it.  Its the objective facts based on 'holy writ.'

Ok if you say so! So what is objective fact to you?

1. profile image57

That should have been 'objective facts'. 
                  However, I would have figured it all would have been apparent.

Believers, generally, consider their 'Holy Writ' to be objective facts.

I'm fully aware its all B.S., and poorly written psychotic drivel at that.

That is your opinion ooook.....Your opinion is not an objective fact. It is an opinion.

You still didn't answer what is objective facts to you? In relation to my comments to Casgil post. What is apparent to you is not apparent to me.

2. profile image57

cue following the [cough] divine; loving and humble example.  [rolls eyes]

2. Dave Mathews profile image61
          Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pennyofheaven: "And God said let us create man in 'our' image after 'our' likeness," Genesis 1 26 KJV. But God is neither male or female the likeness referred to is Spiritual as God is Spiritual, ipso facto man is spiritual but with a flesh-like appearance.

In answer to the original question. God gave Adam and Eve dominion over everything, he permitted them to use everything they so chose. He told them to leave the one tree, the tree of knowledge of good and evil alone because he did not want them discovering evil. They failed to obey the one and only rule God gave them.

Yes agree Dave!

3. profile image57

There's no such thing as 'Free Will'.  'Adam' could do no other than follow the 'script' [Divine Plan]. 

Disobedience doesn't come into play as it would have been a foreign concept.

What script? If there was a script to follow he would not have chosen to eat the fruit. If there was no free will Adam would not have chosen what he did. So are you saying it was in the script for him to disobey?

1. Jerami profile image58
            Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Assuming the story as written is true, 

That in ONE  DAY ,God created Adam to have a mind of his own.  Doesn't it make sense that had Adam not done something based upon his own decision to do so;  there would have been no evidence that the free will experiment was a success?

So. YES, I think that it was in the script for Adam to disobey.

And in like manner, Satan had little choice either.

I think that we have it all wrong about Satan in the same manner as we misunderstand the betrail by Judas.

Judas had no choice to do anything other than what he did.
              In fact!  just hours before Judas betrayed Jesus, Jesus COMMANDED  Judas to ... "do that which you  MUST  do."

Ok so according to your logic, that would mean we do not have choices and we do not have to take responsibility for them?

That is not what I was saying. 
                  In the case of Adam,  he  had no choice but make a choice.

And the only choice that was available   AT  THAT  time was to disobey one simple rule. And the story teaches us that we pay for our choices. We are responsible for them.

In the case of Judas  ?  This would have been a direct command to follow the directions of Jesus.
                  I don't think that he had a choice in this instance.
                Therefore it would not have been his responsibility to pay the price. Jesus paid it the next day.

He also had the choice not to make a choice and dwell as he was. He was told... eat from the tree of knowledge and you will surely die. Which he did in a spiritual sense. The state of being beyond what is good and evil no longer existed for him because he partook of that fruit.

Judas betrayal was foretold by Jesus yet he still chose to do what Jesus had foreseen even after Jesus warned him. And the other disciple that Jesus foretold would deny him 3 times and still he chose to, even after knowing that he would be given the choice not to. The choices were made out of fear granted, but it didn't say much for what they had learned hanging around Jesus.

I have not ever seen the story of Adam and Eve eating the forbiden fruit as a literal fact.
                       I wonder how the story could have played out had they not eaten the forbiden fruit. Someone would have eventually eaten it don't ya think?

In one sense every baby boy after being born kinda falls into a catagory of being just like Adam. And every little girl just like Eve.
                      Our first disobediant act is an awakening of sorts deminstrating our free will.
                      So I guess when we accepted our free will, that was OUR own origional sin?

Concerning Judas ...  I am curious what Hebrew word was translated as Betrayed and what other words might have been used in its place?

"It just echos in my ears" that Jesus TOLD Judas . "to go Now and do that which he MUST do."
                      As if the two had had a prior discussion as to this thing that Judas  MUST  do.

I could be wrong!  That is the what I have always understood this to be saying.

3. profile image0
    luabuposted 13 years ago

can i add my cyber mumblings to this line of dribble

whats with opinion duck and adam and eve

what about it mighty duck

4. spookyfox profile image61
    spookyfoxposted 13 years ago

I think it was:

"Thou shalt not covert thy neighbours ox."

Who can resist the temptations of that next-door ox?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBbroXKc … re=related

1. fits3x100 profile image58
      fits3x100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's interesting that the exercise of mans will is indeed natural. The exercise of free will. It would appear as though the Creator did not desire Automatons. So much so, that he was willing to risk their loss, at the expense of choice.
      To answer directly, none of the Mosaic commandments were broken,  since they had not been given. But the interesting side bar is the insistence of opportunity and choice. No wooden boys for the Creator, he wanted real boys.... Would you prefer your  children Love you because they chose to? Or because they had to? If they had to...could that really be Love? I would suggest that without choice, there is no Love. Love requires choice. hmmm

1. spookyfox profile image61
        spookyfoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If they did't love me out of their own free choice, I wouldn't punish them for it... doesn't that defeat the purpose of choice? In fact it seems like the choice given is just for an ego boost if they happen to choose to love you. 'Hey, it was their choice to love me!'. Why would someone in a position of absolute power care, be bothered and be angry about someone not loving them?

If you take god out of his pedestal in your mind, and see his actions as if they were made by an ordinary man, you'd find countless things you'd judge as absolutely horrendous if only you weren't clouded by worshipping.

Love me or burn for all eternity. Hell of a choice.

1. profile image57

You forgot 'Love me and burn for all eternity.' 

There is no 'choice' with the Christian God.

1. fits3x100 profile image58
            fits3x100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not sure I agree with the statement Love me or burn forever. I see it as commune with me or be without me. Kind of an oil and water thing. Not the greatest description, but gravity is a law. If I feel compelled to disregard it, I do so at my own risk. I really do struggle with the idea that so many folks use here,(self included) I'll do damaging things until I'm in over my head...then take my hands off the wheel and beg God to fix it. Everything is acceptable...not everything is beneficial...
            Can't buy into the disconnected bully thing. Grace is necessary...nobody's perfect. But, sooner or later...personal responsibility has to be considered. I  can buy into the idea that justification can be instantaneous, but sanctification? Not so much...
            "Sin" isn't so black and white... what is the condition of the heart?
            Love me, or be eternally separated from me.  If, and I use if respectfully, all of  the Christian Bibles primary tenants and claims were true... and someday we found ourselves understanding? Being separated from that would indeed be Hell enough ...fire ...anguish...sorrow take the word fire out and substitute any word that speaks loudly enough to your mind the concept of un-ending anguish and sorrow....
            Hey...could be crazy...but sort of migrated to that after significant study.

5. manlypoetryman profile image82
    manlypoetrymanposted 13 years ago

They were out in public without their leaves on!

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Though they disobeyed, God knew they would. That is what happens when you tell your kids "Don't touch that". They won't rest until they do. Part O' the plan. Quicker to kick the little birds from the nest (which happened next)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)