Sarah Palin - Why I Lost Respect For Her

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (43 posts)
  1. PJ Jones profile image59
    PJ Jonesposted 13 years ago

When Senator MCCain announced that he was going to have a female running mate, I was elated.  What an election we were going to have. A female and a black male running for the highest office in the land.  And now a republican has chosen a female as his running mate.  When Sarah Palin walked out on that stage, I cheered her, even tho at the time I was a democrate, had been for the last 30 years.  I was very excited and waited to see what this marvel had to say.

During the campaign, the world was informed that Bristol (Sarah's teenaged daughter) was pregnant.  Per Sarah, soon after, liberals and democrates were vilifying her daughter.  During his campaign speech, then, Senator Obama, stated that familes and espically children should not be part of the political arena.  Obama also stated that if anyone on his campaign breached this edict, they would immediatley be chastised and fired.  If Sarah had understood anything about liberals and democrates, she would  have know that we would only be concerned with the well being of the mother and child. 

I know of a few groups that would vilify an unmarried teenaged mother, usually conservatives. Sarah still claimed that she and her daughter were being attacked by what she called the main stream media (liberals).  Sarah Palin was being attcked, by the main stream media.... in Alaska.

After the election, Sarah gave an exclusive interview to Sean Hannity (Fox News).  During the interview, Sarah admitted that it was not the democrates that vexed her during the campaign and that it came from her own camp. I waited for her to apologize to Pres. Obama and the democrates...she did not. 
    She continued to belittle Pres. Obama acussing him of being part of the chicago style politics and cronism.

By the time Sarah resigned as Governor, there were numberous law suits and ethical violations filed against her.  The newspapers in Alaska claimed that Sarah and her husband ran the Governors office like the gestapo.

Sarah claimed that she did not want her children brought into the hot political climate, then why did she always toss them in?
    There was a misunderstanding with David Lettermen that she should have ignored, a time when Pres. Obama said the word 'special olympics, Sara commented that he didn't act presidential she felt it was a slight to her and her son. Then
    there was another pundit who mentioned the word "retarded". Again Palin felt that this insulted her son who has "down syndrom".  Palin anounced that this word should never be used, not for the sake of all children, but to prevent a personal affront to her son.

I started paying close attention to her when she was being interviewed, I thought maybe I was misjudging her.  However, I realized that she was quite ignorant.  When she talked, it was in "sound bites".  She had this scary knack for repeating what had already been said and mesmerized idiots tooks it as something fresh and new.

In the last 2 years Sarah Palin has never said a kind word about anyone she believes is a democrate or liberal.  Yet when anyone retaliates or disputs what she utters, her and her cronies call it an attack.  There has been a sort of protective shield built around Palin.  People are willing to over look serious flaws in her charater that if peeled back you have nothing but fluff.  Sarah mispelled the world "repudiate" she wrote "refudiate" so her followers say she created a new word.

That being said, Sarah Palin has nothing to offer.  To blame her for that horrific shooting in Arizona is like blaming a baby for wetting his diaper.  Most democrates I've talked to, would love for Palin to run for president.  But, I believe that the people whe were behind her two years ago, have open thier eyes.  She is still quite entertaining, and I believe a good woman at heart, she's just over her head.

1. pisean282311 profile image61
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

her one liners are humorous and she can make people laugh much like bush...at least if she becomes president of usa , usa citizens can laugh their way irrespective of economy...

2. Stump Parrish profile image60
      Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will say that this is about as well put and polite as anyone could make it. I agree wholeheartedly with you post and must admit to feeling much the same way as you did and do. Every bit of research I have done on Sarah Palin has simply reinforced my opinion of her. An accomplished entertainer and beauty pagent winner that should have remained out of office the first time she quit a job she was elected to do, and the second, good things come in threes don't they? What are the odds she would bother to stay around the entire four years if she was elected. Guns and Ammo will certainly be offering her the big bucks to hawk  magazine subscriptions dontcha know.

1. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If that woman were to win the Republican nomination I would see that as a death sentence to any credibility the Republican party still has. She was unqualified to be chosen as McCain's running mate and has absolutely no experience. She's a great little cheerleader, nothing more.

1. BillyDRitchie profile image60
          BillyDRitchieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So Sarah Palin was unqualified to be McCain's running mate?  Do you believe Barack Obama was qualified to be President?

I'm not disagreeing about Sarah Palin.....I have said repeatedly that I wish she would go quietly away.  However, so many posts lambast her lack of experience while giving the Community Organizer a pass.....

1. profile image0

No, he was not. I like Obama on many levels. He's a great speaker and I believe him to be a good person, but you are right. He was unqualified for that office due to lack of experience. Unfortunately his oponent had more glaring problems.

2. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The difference is Obama has a hungry mind and is knowledgeable.  Palin is ignorant and has shown herself to have no desire to change that.

1. Jim Hunter profile image59
              Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"The difference is Obama has a hungry mind and is knowledgeable."

Food goes in and crap comes out.

2. profile image0

I don't know that I would go down that road with a description of Palin. It is a little unkind.I don't listen to political hyperbole, so I don't know much of her antics since the election was lost. I just wouldn't imagine a scenario where I could vote for her.

1. profile image0

I am not worried about saying unkind things about Sarah Palin, although I don't consider what I said to be unkind.  I consider it to be accurate.  She has shown no inclination to learn, even after her lack of knowledge has caused her to look stupid in public.  Instead, she reverts to playing the victim of the big, bad media who dares to ask her the same questions they ask of every other politician.

1. Jeff Berndt profile image73
                  Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pretending to be a victim of some liberal conspiracy is her standard tactic. Look at her most recent gaffe, the "blood libel" thing.

Waaa, poor me. Waaa, someone killed some people, but the real victims are me and my people, 'cos now meanies are saying mean things about us (some of which are true, but shh!). Waaaa, It's as bad as being systematically persecuted and tortured to death for centuries.

1. profile image0

Yes, she behaved true to form, and shed a few more supporters in the process.  Darn!  Her chances for landing the next Republican presidential nomination are fading fast. 

I'm only joking; I actually hope the Republican electorate comes to their senses and chooses an intelligent, capable candidate.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm pro gun, but anti Palin. . . .I don't fit in anywhere.

1. Stump Parrish profile image60

I don't know, pro gun doesn't have to mean pro stupid unless you are a model conservative. If you are running for office all you need to say is...I am pro gun, amen, and you will have the support of 35% of the country. Doesn't matter how many laws you break while in office as long as you allow hunters to keep their automatic assault weapons they use for rabbit hunting.Being able to utter these words, "Be vewy, vewy quiet. I'm huntin' wabbits with my A Bomb" is a reality that gives them wet dreams to think about..

3. Shinkicker profile image54
      Shinkickerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Never had any respect for her from the start PJ. A horrendous woman not fit for office.

4. lady_love158 profile image61
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I don't buy your premise... just look at where all the criticism is coming from, all liberlas! I doubt they're working for the right! Hell, Palin even had a guy move next door to her to spy on her and her family and write about it. The left fears her and they hate her because she won't go away and because no matter what they say people still support her! We'll see what happens in a year, but if she runs, she jsut may win and Obama will have reaped such destruction on this country by 2012 that he won't stand a chance of being re-elected even against the likes of Palin!

1. profile image0
        Texasbetaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...so sayeth the bumper sticker spouting bobble-head. Yeah.

2. humagaia profile image57
    humagaiaposted 13 years ago

I live in the UK, and I am not privy to all of the publicity for, and sound-bites of, Sarah Palin. What I have seen has made me wonder about the sanity of the US in general in even considering that she is even remotely thought capable of holding any political office.
    The way that she is reported in the UK Palin comes across as a religious and political bigot of limited education and limited intelligence. It seems that her knowledge of world geography is appalling as is her understanding of world political issues. She, to be brutal but honest, is laughed at by our press and TV reporting, and by the majority of the UK populace. This obviously has no effect whatsoever on the political situation in the US but I thought I'd say what the UK (maybe world)thinks about her.
    I wonder how she could ever be considered for the highest office. Pray tell.

Very few Palin supporters have the time to worry about the opinions the rest of the world has for America. They are to busy telling each other how smart they are to have found a canidate that can go hunting and not shot her buddy in the face. Considering that most palin supporters believe that the tea party is the most advancs race of humans in America and the world, there really is no reason to listen to any news source other than the tea party broadcasting network called fox news.I usually head straight for the BBC site if I am looking for accurate information about the claims of Amerca's politicians that xoncern this country, When posting comments where a tea party member may come across them, I suggest you refrain from referring to your country as the UK. You will be driving a lot of them crazy looking for the information tou mentioned in Upper Kentucky.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol.....@ 'upper kentucky'

1. brimancandy profile image77
          brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Upper Kentucky. That's really good!

3. PJ Jones profile image59

BillyDRritchie You don't think Obama was more qualified than Palin?  Did you see that big meeting with reporters 6 months after Obama was elected?  The news media asked him questions that no one had even discussed.  I was amazed how he knew everything they threw at him. There were some who sought to make him look incompetent, but he was up on everything.

Dont' get me wrong, I voted for Hiliary, but I have to give Obama props for that meeting.  Obama knows, but Obama is not a leader (Just my thought).  He makes me very angry.  But he has never said an unkind word about Sarah (bless her heart).

I was embrassed for our country after the Japanese paid Sarah $3 Mil to speak to thier business community.  Remember the one, Sarah would not allow american cameras or american newspeople?  No one mentions it, but I bet the Japanese were scratching thier heads, wondering what all the hype was about, and if Palin is our idea of intelligence...they'll conquer us a lot sooner. I still wonder what went on at that conference.

McCain was desperate for some sort of leg up after Obama won the democratic vote..he was looking for a gimmick that would make him look up todate..he was very sorry for that.

4. PJ Jones profile image59

What are you talking about?  This post does not relate to any other post..nor is it the same message.

1. PJ Jones profile image59
      PJ Jonesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL Stump Parrish!!!

5. Paul Wingert profile image61
    Paul Wingertposted 13 years ago

I lost repect for Palin as soon as she opened her mouth and lost total respect for McCain for being stupid enough to choose her as a running mate. Tells me that he didn't take the election serious enough. As a Democrat, I wouldn't of voted for him anyway, but his whole campagn was laughable. He should of left the ding bat in Alaska where she belongs!

I understand making the decision to add a woman to the ticket when the democrat nomination was going to be either a woman or a black man. I don't understand why they didn't do a little research into her political history. The multitudes of ethics violations should have been a red flag.

One explanation for why it wasn't could be that the Republicans were so used to the Bush administration they could even remember how to spell ethics. That she is as popular as she is proves my point about the declining educational levels in this country.

America is rapidly loosing a vital resource with the declining number of brick masons. One qualification for laying bricks is that you have to be smarter than the damned brick.

1. profile image0

The selection of Sarah Palin as a vice presidential running mate was, in my opinion, incredibly insulting to women.  It was as though the McCain camp thought as long as they have a woman on the ticket they could attract the disenchanted Hillary Clinton voters.  They apparently didn't think it mattered how capable or experienced she was, as long as she was female. 

There were many great Republican women who could have been chosen, if they were intent on choosing a woman.  Instead, they picked pretty but vapid Sarah Palin.  Believe me, it only took a day or two for intelligent women who were paying attention to figure that one out.

2. megs11237 profile image61
        megs11237posted 13 years agoin reply to this

As far as the ethics thing go, I think it is fair to say McCain thought what all of them think which is that we voters aren't smart enough or in enough of a position to say or do anything about ethics.

In our government now ethics is merely a suggestion. 9 out of 10 times they get away with things that are pretty shady except for the few really bad ones who are sacrificed as the token prosecuted politician.

Megs, the sad part is they're correct for the most part.  A new politician is like a box of chocolates, you never know which lie you will get. The only thing you can count on is that a lie is coming everytime they open their mouth. That this is what the majority prefer from their politicians makes it easier to maintain the staus quo.

6. megs11237 profile image61
    megs11237posted 13 years ago

I don't hate Sarah Palin but the fact that there are people who want her as a president scares me.

Yes I voted for Obama and I had hopes he would do well but have been disappointed by his ties and decisions related to business. So I do believe he is under qualified but I would still take him over Palin any day.

I vote candidate not party, I have voted republican. I live in MA, I voted for Scott Brown. I really try to see people for what they are and weigh each candidate.

And I honestly I would fear for my physical safety with Palin as president.

Did any of you hear the Battle Hymn redo for her?? smile

7. brimancandy profile image77
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

I thought McCain was a total idiot for choosing Palin as his running mate. I think that he really wanted someone who he could push out of the way when he became president, so he could run the country all by himself, and people would eventually forget about her. But, then she opened her mouth and became a media monster.
    For example calling the presidency a Palin/McCain administration instead of the other way around, always putting herself first.

I was actually kind of upset that Hillary Clinton did not get the chance to debate her. Clinton is very smart, and probably would have killed her on every topic. The only reason I voted for Obama was because Clinton was no longer in the running. I was very glad that she received a high position in Obama's Administration.

It's all water on the bridge of course. But I think if Clinton had received the Democratic nomination she would be President right now, as I think she would have chose either Biden or Obama as a running mate anyways, and beat McCain over the Palin issue as well. About as bad a pair as Mondale/Ferroro. It was just never going to happen.

Just like a Palin presidency will never happen.

8. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

I agree with those who were initially excited that McCain chose a woman as his running mate. Had he been intelligent about it, he would have selected his buddy HILLARY and the two of them would have kicked butt across party lines.
    There are those who think Palin sank McCain's campaign. I think she energized it. Which he desperately needed. And then she turned around and stabbed him in the back. That's telling, don't you think?

But being pulled out of obscurity to be on McCain's ticket in no way makes her qualified to run for POTUS.
    She admits she did not study for her debate with Biden and from the sound bites still coming out of her mouth (not to mention gaffes like N. Korea is our all) she hasn't cracked a book since.
    Her approval ratings are steadily declining as she continues to shoot her mouth off (no gun pun intended). She is great at rallying her base with anger. That's all she's got.
    But the American public is fickle. Anger's out and cooperation is now in.
    I predict that if the economy continues to improve over the next 18 months the mood of the country will be more positive -- Palin would have to completely reinvent herself to tap into positivity instead of negativity.

9. quickie2 profile image60
    quickie2posted 13 years ago

Keep it up. The more publicity the better. Keep her in the public's eye. If she is so stupid etc. etc., why is the liberal press so worked up? If she was not a threat, you would think they would ignore her.

1. livelonger profile image86
      livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's the right attitude. I fully support conservatives throwing their support behind Sarah Palin.

It would be akin to having Michael Moore or Al Sharpton as the leading Democratic candidate...

2. Stump Parrish profile image60

She's not the threat to America. An education ssytem so poor that it produces citizens think she is the best we've got is the threat to America I'm worried about. BTW I agree that she probably is the best the right has to offer and that;s why I will be working to get her the nomination.

3. Darrke Thoughts profile image59
      Darrke Thoughtsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love Sarah, the more publicity the better. I'd never vote for her, but I'll be happy to see her get the Republican nod of approval and clear the way for another 4 years for Obama.  It's not fear... just wishful thinking.

10. brimancandy profile image77
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

Here is another spin on Palin. It could be that she is just a big distraction, to keep people from being interested or doing research on whatever other candidate is running for office, and the whole tea party thing is a big scam to confuse people into believing there is a government shakedown coming. When really all they are trying to do is keep the public guessing while they work on their campaigns. It is also doing a good job of distracting people from the horrible job our government is doing with the economy, no matter which party you belong to.

Palin no longer holds a political office, so she is the perfect target, to sway people away from what is really going on. I think if the media stopped talking about her, they would turn their focus on someone else, and make the rest of them nervous.

Notice how you rarely hear anything about what anyone else is doing? It's all tea party and palin, and a few sound bites for those who might run. Oh and Nancy P. But, who cares about that, since she is no longer in charge. And the cry baby. So, emotional. With all this crying and complaining, is anyone really working?

11. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

That's an interesting theory, brimancandy.
    She is definitely a distraction.
    But currently showing as #2 likely candidate for GOP in 2012.
    The field is so big at this point it's starting to shape up as a similar cluster f$%@ like 2008 when McCain was the "best" the GOP could do.
    It will be up to the party and the voters to decide if Palin is the "best" the GOP/Tea Party can put up for POTUS in 2012 or if the distraction tactic is a good thing or a bad thing when it comes time to focus on who should represent them.

12. Mint Julep profile image59
    Mint Julepposted 13 years ago

Good article.  I liked McCain up until he picked her.  Made me think that if he was making a mistake with VP then what other mistakes would he make with picking people to surround him later on.

I dislike her because she feeds off fear and anger of the population to get her votes.  She doesn't offer solutions and stability, just scapegoating.  I think if she was in office, she'd spend her time finding out how to pass the blame onto the left than actually fix the problem.

MJ, of course she would, she's a republican right?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)