OK GaGa really did go way too far at VMA'S, way too far!

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (72 posts)
  1. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years ago

The 2010 VMA awards was filled with ridiculous circumstances as expected.

GaGa and her dedicated large fan base have such excitement, eagerly awaiting her next fashion statement., She never lets them down, sorting, outrageous @%^&*(  styles!

This time, she went way too far attending this year's 2010 VMA's.

Her fashion theme; raw meat.  yikes

I am talking hats, shoes, here check it out, does she need help?

http://style.mtv.com/2010/09/13/2010-vm … ress-real/

I don't know if I can honestly eat meat again, and I know when I do, she will for sure enter my mind.  I think I need help now.  smile

I hope I never meat her   lol

Is this gross to you or a brilliant marketing strategy?

Please help me understand.  I hope that cow can't see from somewhere, how his  his body parts were utilized.!  yikes

1. lady_love158 profile image61
      lady_love158posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love when she asked Cher to hold her "meat purse"! LOL Do you think that was a play on words to mean something else? heehee

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol  lol

2. hairyfrankfurt profile image60
      hairyfrankfurtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I really don't think I'd ever be game to put meat on my body... That seems... Incredibly unhygienic.

2. profile image0

oh but wait, wardrobe change for 2nd photo op

I am really afraid!

http://www.mtv.com/content/style/photos/flipbooks/vma-2010/lady-gaga/104032835.jpg

3. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

Her outfit made me hungry.  Now I'm having steak tonight.

4. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

I thought it looked gross and it probably smelled bad -- she was in the thing the whole night?! But she certainly made a statement all right.

5. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I missed it!  was it FRESH meat?

eewwwww  just looked at the photos on youtube - man! she is worse than I thought!  stinky worse.

1. profile image0

fresh until 4 hours into the party, i mean the dress too?

Do you know how much I would pay to have been there

to release a dozen pit bulls? 

millions, ok if i had it hmm;

hope the meat was bleeding, poor dude that was the fashion meat manager

think the had sex after in the raw?

lol  :lol lol

6. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 13 years ago

That sure gives a new meaning to the phrase trouser steak.

1. 6 String Veteran profile image66
      6 String Veteranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL

7. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I didn't watch it, but heard about it. gross... I keep wondering when her 15 minutes of fame is over.

1. profile image0

best post in this thread!

big_smile

2. tom_caton profile image80
      tom_catonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not yet, she'll be in your ears for quite some time I suspect

8. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

And some people think this person is a good role model for others? yikes

1. profile image0

vomit

thats what is so insane!

millions and millions

if only i had the time to show up at these party's

i just know i would meat many people

lol

what's up sil?

9. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

how did they put it all together?  sew it?  glue?  staples?  really, how?

1. Kelly Comas profile image66
      Kelly Comasposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Same way they make sausage.

2. camlo profile image84
      camloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I read that they attached the meat to a corset-like structure. I guess sewing would be the easiest way of doing that.

10. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 13 years ago

I don't have an issue with Lady Gaga, but, did the dress have to be raw meat?  I think that's gross!!  I suppose, though, at least it was beef and not pork.  (I've heard pork goes bad real quick!! lol)  And they're talking about the dress not leaving a mess behind where she sat - I say, yeah right!  Raw meat is going to leave some kind of residue....they need to be sanitizing her seat!

She could have gotten her point across with a dress made to resemble meat...hmm

1. profile image0

EXACTLY!

2. SognoPiccolo profile image59
      SognoPiccoloposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree... should have totally used it to LOOK like meat. but alas... it wouldn't have been enough for her I guess. =\

1. Sunny Robinson profile image70
        Sunny Robinsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Having it just look like meat would be so much sanitary, that is for sure.

Jeez, I feel like I'm joining a million others by saying she's gone nuts, and maybe she has.  And maybe she knew people would say that, too.  That annoys the crap out of me.  Oh, well, I don't know what is going on in her head, lol.

Sogno just showed me a video of when she first started out at 17.  Google or youtube Stefani Germanotta and you will see how much she has changed! She is only 24 now and she looks 30.  So much has changed with her, it's a bit wild.

11. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 13 years ago

I'd rather see pictures of this in my home magazines than the one of her in clear 'bubbles'.  At least she doesn't appear nude.

1. profile image0

lol

12. profile image0

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/2984598_f248.jpg

why not reuse this beauty instead?

1. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wait!!  How many Kermit's did she kill???? 
      Or, does Kermit not matter because he's a muppet?
      I'm sooo confused!!   roll

lollol

13. profile image0

honestly what animal parts do you think she sported here?

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/2977013_f248.jpg

1. Ivorwen profile image66
      Ivorwenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Reminds me of some weeds, gone to seed, that I see near the rivers and streams.  smile

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It sure looks a lot like a bird's nest to me.  You know they cut out the bottom, spray painted it white then they stuck it on her face.

1. Ivorwen profile image66
          Ivorwenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Osprey!  Robbed from the top of an electrical pole!

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
            Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yup, somewhere out there, there's a family of homeless birds.

2. waynet profile image70
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A birds bush!

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

P.T Barnum is still right!  There's a sucker born.........!

14. Tom Cornett profile image79
    Tom Cornettposted 13 years ago

I wonder how many dogs followed her home?  smile

1. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

15. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 13 years ago

The dress would have gone off by now, so she won't be able to wear it again.
    I don't suppose it's any worse than wearing leather, just not quite the same ...

16. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 13 years ago

sorry I missed it...would have made great rotisserie jokes smile

1. ediggity profile image61
      ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, real mature.roll lol

1. profile image0
        mtsi1098posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I could have settled for BBQ smile

17. SognoPiccolo profile image59
    SognoPiccoloposted 13 years ago

Its pretty gross... I read she made a statement that she didn't wish to offend any of her vegetarian/vegan fans.. I was offended that she wore it and I'm not even one of her fans. It was just in poor taste.

1. ediggity profile image61
      ediggityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

She's such a meat head.

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The controversy was more money-making than the politically correct, hence her decision.

18. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 13 years ago

More than questioning Lady Gaga's sanity as far as wearing this dress is concerned, I question that of her advisers. Okay, it has caused controversy, which means publicity, but I'm pretty sure it must have lost her a few fans, and gained her none. Counter-productive.
    Lady Gaga said of the dress on the Ellen Show:
    '... it has many interpretations but for me this evening if we don't stand up for what we believe in and if we don't fight for our rights pretty soon we're going to have as much rights as the meat on own bones. And, I am not a piece of meat.'
    Wearing meat and talking tripe.

1. SognoPiccolo profile image59

She was quoted as saying there was no such thing as bad publicity... its all so she can be talked about. she does it for herself, which isn't bad but when it is done this way it's just gross and unsanitary.

19. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 13 years ago

I love Gaga and the fact that she's outrageous and out there.  I'd like to see more people with her chutzpa and less fear in expressing themselves.

1. camlo profile image84

Oh, I agree - I'm a great fan of her's, have all her recordings, and usually love the styling ideas she comes up with. I just don't think the meat dress was a very good idea. And what could she say to justify it; nothing much that made any sense.

1. Disturbia profile image60
        Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree about the meat.  What a waste.  It could have gone to a food bank and fed quite a few families.

being out there is always a fantastic quality to have.  this dress was just ...ew. lol

20. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 13 years ago

I was already unimpressed by her and now what can I say?

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree, Bard!  She does have some talent but is nothing special!  She needs a gimmick to be famous, she cannot do so with her voice alone!  Sad!

1. Disturbia profile image60
        Disturbiaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that is true about a lot of artists.

Lady Gaga is a character. She admits this. it is a persona she lives by. Stefani Germanotta  is long since gone and she refuses to allow anyone to even call her by her real name now. Sadly when she was singing at a young age she sang beautiful songs and she has a fantastic vocal range. I was very impressed with early performances she did floating around on the internet. Someone told her to go a different route with her music style so she could be famous and that is what she did... she now only sings that one style of techno-ish /pop style of music and I can't stand listening to her. She has no depth anymore as an artist and relies only on her outfits as her means of standing out.

Oh, you already mentioned Stefani here.  Lol.  Blah.  But the transformation is crazy!!!  Her voice was so great.  Ruining a talent, is what she did.

21. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Her music is formulaic, predictable, and absolutely riveting. It's mesmerizing in club scenes, particularly. Her fashion is the hall mark of gauche and gaudy and experimentalism. She is not a natural beauty, which only adds to her allure, making her an icon for every other person who feels "average" or normal. The image industry is about exceptional beauty, which most of the world covet.

Look at the press she's getting here. Just here, alone. Now imagine the press she's getting EVERYWHERE else. Regardless of what you like or dislike about her, she and her marketing team are geniuses. She is the new Madonna. Madonna was the bad girl of pop music, the icon of sex, indulgence, and luxury. Gaga is the new Madonna. You don't have to like anything about her, to keep her at the top. All you have to do is talk about her.

She is a success whether anyone wants her to be or not.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...you're right...it's all about marketing...whatever the product is and how it is successful.....i would have loved to have been around the table when Starbucks was talking about charging $3 or more for a coffee....when you could go everywhere and buy one for a buck....but the team managed to convince lots of people to pay 3x the price and be happy with their choice of spending more!

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah, the amazing power of variety and personalization! Think of Gaga in that light. Variety, and personalization. People personalize her all over the place, they personalize her as repulsive, or the personalize her as a pop icon to be admired. Not much in between.

2. camlo profile image84

For me, there's nothing likeable about Madonna. Lady Gaga is totally loveable, and that's one of the reasons for her success, I think smile ... Anyway, why change that - she doesn't need the kind of controversy that wearing a dress made of meat will bring.
      Besides, wearing that dress makes it seem as though new ideas are thin on the ground.

And maybe they are.  I mean, the new ideas are just not coming out right now, maybe.

3. Johnnie Black profile image60
      Johnnie Blackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no way is it formulaic!  it's some of the most original of the genre for a very long time.  She writes all her own songs too.

22. OldSkoolFool profile image60
    OldSkoolFoolposted 13 years ago

grab some charcoal and a grill and you got dinner and a naked lady

23. Taj_Babii profile image61
    Taj_Babiiposted 13 years ago

I wonder if they made dinner with that after the show was over? I mean cuz if not that was a total waste of meat

lol

1. camlo profile image84

Yeah - but would you want to eat it after somebody had been wearing it?

Well, sure, just clean it up and grill it. tongue But it had been thawing for QUITE a while that night, so I bet it would still be a bit nasty.

24. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

The things some people will do to get attention! roll

25. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Gotta wonder how she was able to keep the big dogs from eating her skirt!

26. Mrs.Nita profile image60
    Mrs.Nitaposted 13 years ago

I had to go to the site and see this for myself.  I also wanted to see the reason behind Lady GaGa doing this.  Personally I like her, she's a great singer and she goes to the extreme to make points because the extreme is memorable.

When u go to that site and scroll down u'll the reason she wore meat was to basically protest people being treated like  meat.

There is a method to her madness.

27. Johnnie Black profile image60
    Johnnie Blackposted 13 years ago

It's brilliant marketing.  It's also a very clever comment that she is making, though a lot of people are missing it.

28. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

are you sure you really want to think/talk about GaGa covered in meat? and especially since her meat is no longer all that fresh?

1. Johnnie Black profile image60
      Johnnie Blackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow, you came so close to understanding the comment she was making, and yet still missed it completely.

29. ExpandYourMind profile image67
    ExpandYourMindposted 13 years ago

There are a ton of talented artists all competing to become the next "hot" artist so this Lady and her staff realize the most she expresses herself via outfits, words, etc., the more marketable she becomes. For example, all you need are the key. . . words -- Newest Lady GAGA outfit (dress, costume, etc) and you will get clicks and attention.  Just look at the attention given to her "meat dress."

30. Ellarose92 profile image60
    Ellarose92posted 13 years ago

The meat that she were was prepared for that night for her to wear it although it is gross it did not affect others around her, but everything she does is all marketing the more she gets talked about the more money she makes no one will be able to top her style which is why people love her and the people who hate her and talk about her get her fans so defensive that she becomes more popular but the one thing lady gaga does have is an amazing voice she got to college with that voice and playing the panio!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)