$3.00 After 2 Months

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (78 posts)
  1. bogerk profile image69
    bogerkposted 13 years ago

So, I made the silly mistake of checking my Adsense account today, and, not surprisingly, very little has changed since I last checked it two weeks ago.

With 37 Hubs after almost two full months, I have made $3.00. Is this fairly normal or a pretty slow pace?

I still intend to keep writing and I know six months is kind of the time line, but to earn a pay out at that time, my earnings will have to more than double each month for the next four months.

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

After 2 months and about 45 hubs I had earned $3.11.

And every month since writing my first hub with the intention of earning from HP (June 6) my earnings have at least doubled.  Of course, that's not hard to do when you earn 2 cents or $3 in a month!  Nevertheless I earned payout from adsense in October.

bogerkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! I think I may have read your post about your start not long ago. It's nice to know that seemingly everyone starts a little slow.

I really need to just not check my Adsense account as it is typically more frustrating than anything, but, one day, out of nowhere, I made like $2.30, so now I am always curious if I had another nice payday.

2. David 470 profile image80
      David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I only made about 5 dollars in 2 months. I would say its normal.

1. David 470 profile image80
        David 470posted 13 years agoin reply to this

EDIT: When I first began in June-July, even though I technically was signed up before, but did not really do anything with hubpages or adsense.

2. ANewsLine profile image60
        ANewsLineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

so slow i earn in a month 92 dollars

3. TheRaptorClaw profile image60
      TheRaptorClawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am not for sure because i don't have adsense yet. Which adsense would be better?

4. Buyers Guide profile image59
      Buyers Guideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. ANewsLine profile image60
        ANewsLineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Buyers Guide is right  2 Dollar is not enough

2. bogerk profile image69

Ha! Good to know it's just me not being clever ... or intelligent.

3. profile image50
        holliem87posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't take advice from someone that can't even spell clever!

5. thisisoli profile image70
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's all part fo a learning curve, you need to learn about how to improve these earnings. It is not mindless writing which boosts peoples earnings after 6 months, it is their learning and well as their expansion which allows them to earn more.

Earning online is not easy, otherwise everyone in this place would be a full time writer, it takes time, and the ability to learn what you are doing.  Research topics such as SEO, and focus on getting not only traffic, but the right kinds of traffic, and then learn how to market to them.

2. melpor profile image91
    melporposted 13 years ago

Bogerk, it takes time. The money in my adsense account accumulated slowly in the first two to six months. It is beginning to accumulate much faster. I am now at $63.78 right now. I am hoping I will hit my first payout next month. The more hubs, the faster it will accumulate. Also the accumulation rate depends on other factors such pageviews, your subject,  hub ranking, keywords, number of fans, etc. Just be patient and keep on writing.

3. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

It depends, what was your goal?

My goal was to continue to increase my earnings, and that has happened. Better than expected. Anywhere from $1-2 a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. I however am more impressed with Amazon, but Amazon does go 4-5 days without any sales sometimes.

I learn something new every day, on purpose and from other people. Making money is getting easier and easier.

If you want to increase your earnings there are two things you need to do.

1.) Keyword research (you can always improve this)
    2.) Make more hubs

I honestly can't say that I have made a hub that I really put a lot of time and effort into. I am testing the waters and finding out what works. I have hubs ranging from video games, to just random stuff that I have no idea about. I have sales hubs, and info hubs, random hubs etc.

Also you haven't mentioned a thing about Amazon. Do you use it? I suggest having them up in every thread. Because it only takes 1 person to order lots of items.

I have 85 or so hubs right now, and I wish I had 10,000, because I wouldn't have to work a day in my life. I'm finally going home and will be able to put out hopefully 2-5 hubs a day again.

Please feel free to contact me and I can give you some more pointers. I have a good idea what your problem is(definetly not hub quality, because yours are better than mine).

I do use Amazon on most of my hubs, usually anywhere from 5 to 20 products, depending on the size of the hub, but thus far I have not made an Amazon sale.

I would say my "big" goal is to make maybe $250-$300 a month on Hub Pages, if possible.

I am open to any advice. I would like to think I am a good writer or at least have the potential to be at times, but figuring out how that can make me money on the internet is a whole different ball game.

1. wilderness profile image93

I think that most hubbers would agree that Amazon capsules on a hub that is not designed specifically to see a product are mostly useless. 

Like you, I put some on everything for quite a while, and have never made a sale from any of them.  On the other hand, my sales hubs generated over $80 for me last month from Amazon, up from a normal $6.  I've only been writing much in the way of sales hubs for a couple of months.

2. Sparhawke profile image61
        Sparhawkeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Pick more commercial niches, hubs about baseball and party planning are all very well and good but they do not pay as you have just found out lol

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

At least you are doing better than I was at two months. lol

5. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 13 years ago

bogerk - Here's my earnings history via AdSense:

Month    Estimated earnings (USD)
    1    0.9
    2    2.58
    3    9.88
    4    10.75
    5    4.1
    6    12.25
    7    19.18
    8    19.81
    9    20.97
    [...]
    16    50.88
    17    48.31
    18    54.67
    19    70.58
    20    77.48
    [...]
    28    110.07
    29    120.93
    30    115.79
    31    218.47
    32    196.37
    33    222.85
    34    227.27
    [...]
    42    286.81
    43    314.65
    44    309.8
    45    329.3
    46    315.85
    47    342.05
    48    356.66
    49    396.07

It looks like I made about $3 after my first 2 months, too. smile

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

livelonger, Thanks for the encouragement. I think all newbies need some.

2. bogerk profile image69

Those are very impressive numbers by the time you reached month 31 and further. Thank you for the encouragement.

3. ChuckHuckaby profile image39
      ChuckHuckabyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@livelonger very informative adsense post.  It would be interesting to know how many hubs you had active each month.

One question I'd have ... is there any way to tell which hub creates adsense clicks?

4. Glemoh101 profile image55
      Glemoh101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

$396 in the last month its good i see , i see your profile and i see your hubs have viewed more than 1M times , whats your plan or sources of this traffic ?
      hubpages only or what?

6. Angela_1973 profile image58
    Angela_1973posted 13 years ago

Mikeydoes you are right, I cannot say that I have put enough time and effort in any of my hubs, writing good quality hubs takes time, effort and research. Amazon hubs will may make some money around Christmas time, but writing sales hubs only would be very boring. At least for me. I will try to write some travel hubs now about the places I have visited and hope that helps me with my Adsense which is not doing so great.

7. Angela_1973 profile image58
    Angela_1973posted 13 years ago

bogerk,don't get discouraged about Amazon, I had some sales hubs that were dead for a long time and suddenly they started making sales

8. Singular Investor profile image69
    Singular Investorposted 13 years ago

Bogerk - from what I can see a lot of your hubs are not targetted at money-making subjects - my most popular hubs and the ones that get most clicks tend to be things about stuff people can buy (usually physical objects of one kind or another) - also I had a look at your simply shoes hub and noticed that one of the keywords you seem to be targeting is 'gumshoe' but when i search for gumshoe on google (379,000 pages - not a lot) your hub is nowhere to be seen - so I had a deeper look and saw that your hub on gumshoes does not appear to be indexed by Google - which is a bit odd, I would have thought that 2 weeks was long enough for Google to index it, have you copied and pasted great chunks of your text or is it all pretty much original stuff you wrote yourself? The reason I ask is that it's odd that Google isn't indexing it - to know if a hub is indexed go to Google and type - site: - followed immediately by the whole URL if nothing comes up then it means your site isn't indexed.
    I also noticed that you only have 1 backlink to your shoe site (from Xomba - and I think Xomba backlinks are nofollow) - you should get more backlinks to all your sites - some people have hundreds of backlinks but that requires effort and probably money too - but you can get 10 or so links without much trouble by writing Squidoo pages, signing for Redgage and Folkd and places like that - you can also put links from any blogs you might have on Blogger or Wordpress.com  - in your backlinks use the keyord you are trying to rank for as anchor text e.g. Gumshoe or Eco-friendly shoes etc...
    At the moment no-one wil find your gumshoe site via Google as Google doesn't recognize its existence, so I advise checking to see if you other hubs are indexed and then trying to get more backlinks to hubs that show promise - I will stick up a link to your gumshoe site from one of my sites to try and encourage Google to acknowledge its existence - good luck

Thank you so much for the link!

I did not copy any of the content from that Hub or any other Hub I have and some of mine have been on the first page of Google, such as my "2010 Cy Young Award Winners" Hub, so I can't imagine why the shoe one wouldn't be indexed.

1. Singular Investor profile image69
        Singular Investorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

YW
        Yeah Google is weird. I still recommend getting more backlinks though as far as I understand it that;s they way to rise up through the SERPS

I am not entirely sure what a backlink is I guess? Is that just me going to say a blog or website forum and pasting a link to a relevant Hub there? Or pasting the link of Facebook or Twitter?

I ran through about 10 of my other Hubs and all came up in Google, but you are right, that Simple Shoes one does not, and it is probably my best product review Hub.

Bummer!

1. Singular Investor profile image69
            Singular Investorposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes a backlink is just like what you've got at Xomba linking back to your shoes hub - I checked out your Cy young hub and it appears to have 3 backlinks - Xomba - trendsbuzz - and surchur - more backlinks means more votes for your site and Google takes these votes as meaning your site is more relevant so they move you up their pages
            I see you are on page 1 for the phrase "2010 Cy Young Award Winners" - on page 2 for "2010 Cy Young Award" and around page 12 for "Cy Young Award" but are people who search for "cy young award" sites actually looking to spend money ? Or are they just looking for information ?

Yeah - I am sure that most people reading about the Cy Young Award just want information. I have a hard time writing the product reviews and not sounding (or at least feeling) like I am pandering. I have only wrote on products I actually use, which in my daily life honestly isn't that many and don't want to write a "Top 5 I-Pad Protector" Hub when I don't even own a I-Pad and if I did, I wouldn't own 5 protectors.

Someone on one of these forums once said they found some baseball keywords that had a high CPC, but wouldn't say what they were. I would like to write on topics that interest me, but understand that that might not be the most profitable choice.

2. wilderness profile image93

Time to index can vary widely.  The vast majority of my hubs index in 24 hours or less, but I had one hub that took 6 weeks!  I never did figure out why except that it had a similar title to some others I had written.  Different content, but a similar title.

2. Brie Hoffman profile image61
      Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Singular:  I just did what you suggested with my highest rated hub and it's not there on google?  This hub was/is rated 100,  how can that be?

1. Brie Hoffman profile image61
        Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nevermind...I figured out that you have to have a space between site and the url

9. Mikeydoes profile image44

I made $1 (exactly) my first month, and I think that was a fluke.

My second month I made $15

My third month I made $41

I'm on pace for about the same $41 dollars this month(maybe less), since I haven't made too many new hubs. And some of my hubs are going to be less popular in the future I'd assume. I haven't had a chance to really make hubs, but I plan on hitting it hard when I get back home tomorrow.

However Amazon is making up for it. I've made $61 off of amazon(total) with $5-$10 more dollars coming. I really wish I had a chance to exploit Amazon way more, but I had a lot to learn, and still do.

If you are serious about wanting help, email me, I'll give you some great tips.

10. Maria Cecilia profile image84
    Maria Ceciliaposted 13 years ago

I think I am very slow, maybe because when I joined hubpages, earning from it was very far from my mind, I really just enjoined posting hubs and I love it the most when fellow hubbers commented on my stories.... but then when I saw my first 1$, I was encouraged to write and write more...... now I am making progress, not impressively big but fine with me....but at least I can expect when I will earned big and when I will not.. goodluck to everybody

11. Mikeydoes profile image44

Do not worry about backlinking at this point at all(not recommended for beginners). You do not need it to get views. I learned how backlinking works and such, still learning, but as of now I have nothing worth backlinking anyway. IF you want to learn about backlinking you need to pay attention to Misha(the master of backlinking), otherwise don't worry about it.

SPEND YOUR TIME ON KEYWORDS, KEYWORDS AND KEYWORDS.

Don't get me wrong, backlinking is great if you know what you are doing. I spend 0% of my time backlinking. I get how backlinks are used, but I would rather spend my time writing hubs rather than spending time backlinking on hubs.

Your problem is keywords, 100%.

Also what I have learned is that, you can make money off of any hub(despite what people are telling you). Some are better than others, but there is still money to be made off of your "Cy Young" hub.

My hubs that get the most traffic and money generated are video games(imagine the kids that go to these sites) with INFO, Adsense puts ads on there that will still get clicks...... I have not sold any items I advertized on those site, but I am sure I have recieved money off of having them on there, by accident, but I'll take it.

I definitely need to figure out keywords. So far, it's a complete mystery to me as I simply write about baseball or something I am interested in and just assume that I am using the main words (keywords) associated with baseball in my Hubs, as there are only so many possible.

1. Mikeydoes profile image44
        Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You figure out keywords, and you figure out your problem. I did my best to explain in the message, hope it helped. If you have questions, please ask, I had no idea what I was doing. Still don't.

Got the e-mail. I really appreciate it and I think there is a lot of good advice there.

12. OpinionDuck profile image60
    OpinionDuckposted 13 years ago

AsSense makes CENTS

13. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 13 years ago

Congratulations!
    You will be able to retire before Xmas! 
    I have now made $0.63AUD in six months.

14. Sundaymoments profile image61
    Sundaymomentsposted 13 years ago

It is just like everyone has said; implimenting your keywords in the appropriate place within your hubs is the secret.

However you must also use the tools that HP offers.

Impliment a quiz, insert a video, use unique pictures. Using these tools will bring repeat visitors.

Be unique in your titles and always impliment your keywords in your title.

Another great tool to utilize to get more adsense reveanue is to always blog on one subject. The Google crawler regonize this and will increase your ranking for working with the same ninch.

Work smarter not harder; find keywords with higher CPC rankings.

By utilizing these techniques you will see a gradual increase in your Google adsense account.

There are many hubs about keywords and the adsense program let me suggest that you take some time and read the artiles.

Also Google has some great videos on the progaram as well.wink

1. Mikeydoes profile image44
      Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good advice here.

2. daveknowscars profile image71
      daveknowscarsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sundaymoments, where is the best place to research CPC rankings?

Good or bad I write about what I'm interested in, passionate about... I'm a car guy, classic european cars mostly and the car industry... I don't just want to write thinking about money all the time, but I'd like to try to capitalize where I can... be smart about what I am writing in my niche.

so.. back to my question... where is a good place to learn about CPC ranikings? In the past I've looked at my blog's google analytics, seen the high visits based on keywords and written more articles about those topics to great effect...(google 'mercedes sign and drive lease' you'll see what I mean).

but I'm new to hubpages and want to 'work smart'

15. OpinionDuck profile image60
    OpinionDuckposted 13 years ago

I guess given long enough you might make enough to afford a gallon gas for your vehichles.

ad CENTS

16. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 13 years ago

It takes time, effort, and patience but once you start earning the income seems to jump. You need to establish yourself in the search engines, research how to earn the way you want to. Earning money is never easy.

1. kixxelwords profile image61
      kixxelwordsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nothing comes easy when earning money. Almost a year already, only $10 on my adsense. Now trying to push at Hubpages. Cheers!

17. xixi12 profile image69
    xixi12posted 13 years ago

It is only a matter of time before you can see anything reasonable on your adsense account. Also do a lot of keyword research using google adwords and choose high cpc words for your hub.
    If you check your hub stat after publishing, you will see the $$$ sign to tell you how much your hub is worth in adsense term. I use that all the time to determine the value of my hub and if it is too low I would normally tweak it by adding more high cpc keywords(as long as it is relevant). Hope that helps

18. De'cor Amore profile image63
    De'cor Amoreposted 13 years ago

I looked at your Hubs and they look awesome to me.  I can't see why you're not making more then you are. 

I've not made any money off of Amazon links yet.  Not very encouraging.  Oh well.

I've only been on HubPages about 3 weeks and I'm at $37.00 - I now have 48 Hubs.  I've switched to cooking recipes out of my recipe box because someone encouraged me to do it and I seem to be doing much better with those type Hubs.  I don't have my earnings for today but for the 16th they were $5.07.  $2.50 seems to be kind of an average day for me.  I notice that certain days of the week it is slower then others.  My goal is to have 800 Hubs by the end of May.

I did randomly make $2.27 the other day and it bumped my total to somewhere around $5.40 over 8 weeks. But since then I have had a day of $.01 and $.03.

That is amazing that you have made $37.00 already. I am nowhere close to that with the same amount of Hubs.

1. De'cor Amore profile image63
        De'cor Amoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A guy that goes to my church and is so far up in the computer world advised me in the beginning to do recipes.  I didn't want to because I thought that there are so many on the net it would make my opportunities slim to nil.  Like overkill. Plus I'm not really that interested in recipes.  I have gobs but don't cook anymore.  I had some articles on here also but nothing that people like to read about or they read them and are distracted by the article and never look at the ads. The guy that advised me works for a big conclomerate on PeachTree St. here in Atlanta and flies all over the world and knows about this stuff.  I put some blogs on that were getting plenty of hits but no clicks to speak of - then I tried the recipes and sure enough I get the ad clicks with them.  I have absolutely no idea why people click ads with the recipes but, they do.  Also, make sure you have plenty of tags that will draw people to your Hubs - without them being deceptive.   I have lots and lots of tags in mine.

19. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

If you are here to earn money, you have to educate yourself by reading all of the advice about SEO, backlinks, keywords, etc. Then you have to put in the time and effort.
    I came into this a little over 2 1/2 years ago just to share, learn and get some feed back.
    I figured if I earned enough to buy a fancy coffee now and then, I was ahead of the game.   
    I started out getting a few pennies every few days. I'm now averaging between $1 and $1.50 a day-- (can't drink that much fancy coffee),BUT I have NOT really "worked" at this.
    If I were spending several hours a day-- like having a real job -- I'm sure I could make much more.
    The scenario is this: (as you have probably guessed by the other replies)it is similar to that math riddle that assumes you start with one penny and double it the next day for a total of three cents-- and then double it again the next day for 6 cents. At the end of the week you have about  $1.27-- not a fortune..... and seemingly not worth the effort.
    If you keep going, though it eventually starts to earn a much improved sum.
    Though doubling your money each day is not the actual pattern,(it depends on how much effort you put into producing great content)-- the cumulative effect of  multiple views begins to grow at a good rate. Many of the hubs you have written earlier begin to keep growing earning. (Others may languish)
    In my case, I have a relatively low number of hubs for the time I have been here. I don't actively backlink,or do many other recommended strategies to a great degree, though I do occasionally try to tweak keywords and participate in other areas of HubPages.
    I have reached my fourth payout and can't drink that much coffee.
    This is a long term investment, but one you might be glad you started.

20. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I checked my earnings after about 1 month and I'd made 13p, left it until 4 months and I'd made £3(about $7) then got payout after 8 months! gets easier as time goes, getting £150 a month atm.

21. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

This is a very interesting thread, thanks bogerk for starting it.  I'm six weeks in and a few dollars richer.  But boy, what a learning curve it is.  There is so much to pick up from other Hubbers - what they have written, what they say about writing.

I would say my experience so far is disappointment, mixed with elation.  Disappointment because I thought a million searchers would have found my hubs and made me rich by now (yes, I know it sounds stupid), and elation every time a single search does find me.

I am trying to cover a range of areas, because it seems to me that writing stuff and then analysing traffic, searches, keywords, as well as the $$$$$ stat and what Adsense does with your text, is not a bad way to research what works.

Interested to hear what De'cor said about recipes and I have dipped my toe into that area too.

edit:  Traffic fact.  So far 5% of my traffic has come from non Hubpage and at least 20% of that external traffic came from spamming Facebook.  Not great.

I am just overwhelmed when I hear of people making $800+ a month or getting 15,000+ views a day.

I know I am still getting started, but obviously my pay is nowhere close and I am averaging only about 100 views a day.

I am sure it is keywords. But, when I am writing on a baseball hat, or whatever, I can pretty much only say baseball, baseball hat, baseball cap, MLB hat ... so, I don't know what I am missing?

Unless sport team head receptacle is a good keyword?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
        Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi bogerk, I really know nothing but maybe cool, wicked, smart, top, cheap baseball hats are the way to go.  And if you know about baseball, my own sport is croquet, then maybe there are some baseball slang terms as well.

So your title is Cheap Cool Baseball Hats for Dudes

and then your text is...

... these great smart baseball hats are for wicked guys who like amazing classy headgear.  And you mention every pumped up word about baseball hats you can find in the thesaurus within that opening couple of paragraphs.

But I don't really know this stuff.  Just the feeling I am picking up after being here a while.

That's good advice. I have tried to use "best" in my titles whenever possible, but rarely return to it throughout the copy.

I don't use a lot of adjectives in my writing style, but probably something I could implement without too much trouble.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
            Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I did a little hub today about soup.  And I put delicious soup or whatever and then thought what's in the thesaurus?  About fifty words.  So I went for it, the most I've done yet, with heavenly soup, tasty, mouthwatering and so on - not all in the same sentence - that would be ridiculous - but throughout the opening capsule.

Now honestly, I don't know if that works but it felt right and seemed to make some sense.

Of course, if they don't like soup I don't stand a chance.

22. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years ago

Don't feel bad...I've been on HP a little over a year, have had AdSense operating for roughly 3 months, and I've made a whole 68 cents! 

I signed up for Amazon a little over a month ago, and so far, zip, zilch.

The remainder of my whole $4 from AdSense is from my silly cats' blog.  Go figure.

My problem seems to be getting outside traffic--about 80% of my page views are from within the HP community.

I keep plugging away, but have serious doubts about living long enough to reach the Google payout threshold.  :-|

23. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

My HP earnings have been steadily increasing - between Adsense and Amazon they are over $40 so far this month.

Here's a figure to give you pause: my total Adsense income is now over $70,000.00

Yes, a 7 and four zeros, American dollars.

That's bought me a lot of "stuff", for sure smile

$70,000? Wow!

I am assuming writing online isn't your full-time job. That's a pretty nice supplemental income over the last 6 years.

1. Pcunix profile image90
        Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually,the site responsible for that income is responsible for almost all of my income from other sources, so it is all very related.

24. Midnight Oil profile image82
    Midnight Oilposted 13 years ago

$70,000.00 ! - makes me want to stay up all night and burn lots more of the midnight oil.

I have only been at it for two weeks now, but hey early days

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wel,  that is after 6 and a half years.. I started Adsense in late Summer of 2003.

1. Midnight Oil profile image82
        Midnight Oilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Still pretty impressive work though - well done...

25. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years ago

OK--This is "sort of" related to the discussion--it is about AdSense.

One of my hubs is about the PC game, "Chuzzle."  An ad that keeps appearing is for Johnnie Walker Red.  I fail to see how this is anywhere near appropriate for this hub.

It is not a matter of the Google spider needing 'time' to crawl the hub...this hub was published back at the end of November!

Sheesh!  I have read that you can 'filter' or block certain ads or ad types, but I have yet to be able to find/figure out where/how to do so.

1. ThomasE profile image68
      ThomasEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Adsense is a complex beast, it doesn't just place adds that relate to the content of your hub, it bases the adds on your past viewing history and search history.

In fact, it thinks you are likely to click on Johnnie Walker Red, but it might show me an add on Financial Planning or whatever I am interested in.

26. profile image0
    Helpful Hannaposted 13 years ago

I heard that the start can be quite slow.  Choose creative topics, research key words, and don't give up.  You never know when something will strike.  Good luck!

27. Entourage_007 profile image56
    Entourage_007posted 13 years ago

Its okay, I know earnings can be slow at first but keep working at it.  Do keyword research and write high quality articles.  I started realizing huge increases in traffic when I started using onlywire to automatically submit my articles to over 40 social bookmarking sites.  That comes out to about 40 backlinks and backlinks help to increase traffic.

28. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 13 years ago

PCunix is inspirational but should be noted that he is very knowledgable about computers and this is what really makes him money.  I like the saying on his website about putting up a new article everyday.  Can not understand a word he is talking about on his website but guess some people can and they click on his adds.  Also get good ideas from his website.  Basically it is all over the place.  No two pages seem the same and therefore you never really know if you are clicking on a link to another of his pages or an adsense add.  Seems sloppy but this is what seems to work.

29. workingmomwm profile image80
    workingmomwmposted 13 years ago

Your earnings sound about on target with mine. I've been a member here for 2 months, been posting for 1 (7 hubs published so far), and I've only earned $1.71 from Google. Nothing from Amazon yet. I guess I need to get busy writing more hubs!

30. lesterd2009 profile image60
    lesterd2009posted 13 years ago

Do not be discourage I believe you are just missing some key points, learn a little more about targeted SEO keywords, keyword research and building backlinks.

If you want to make money with hubpages you need to know what people are looking for on the search engines, you must know to how to target small keyword niche, and also how to slowly build dofollow backlinks to dominate each listing and increase rankings.

Keep up the hard work..

Lester

31. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 13 years ago

bogerk- I know like me you love the NFL.,,, unfortunately it is not a big money maker. Someone told me when I first started . .for every 5 Hubs you write (for adsense or sales) you can write one for yourself. I hope that helps and does not deter you from writing more sports Hubs.

Great suggestion wavegirl22!

I plan to continue writing some fun Hubs on topics I enjoy, even if the money might not be there.

32. wytegarillaz profile image59
    wytegarillazposted 13 years ago

I still havent got to the $100 since been with adsense, make about $45 a week on kooday with profit share + any words I sell I make money on,

33. DREAM ON profile image83
    DREAM ONposted 13 years ago

I have read some of the great work done by fellow hubbers.This is the first time I have seen actual numbers of what some hubbers are earning.Thank you so much.Now I  can see what to strive for and see where we stand now.I am still learning.How do you check your adsense account earnings again?Doesn't Hub Pages just send you a check to your E-Mail account.If you don't have any trackers does that mean you are not registered properly in the Adsense account.Thanks everyone.

34. MyMastiffPuppies profile image60
    MyMastiffPuppiesposted 13 years ago

I have been writing online for a while now and all that I can say is at least you made something, that is a positive.
    Keep learning about ad placement ,keyword targeting ,when to target eBay, Amazon, Adsense it seems to make all the difference in your earnings. The guys who have been here for some time have written good hubs on the subjects above , make sure to read them over and over and keep writing quality content. The earnings will come if you follow the hubpages road map.
    Good Luck

35. pertibha321 profile image42
    pertibha321posted 13 years ago

i don't remember how much i made in my first too month but i am sure it was not more then 3$ but am very slow on hubpages as i just have 31 hubs after joining more then 2 years.but still i do make 5-6 dollars everyday from hubpages.That's due to am getting traffic from search engines.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)