Doubting your faith

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (35 posts)
  1. Darknlovely3436 profile image71
    Darknlovely3436posted 13 years ago

Do you think that a lot of christians have lost their faith in Christ?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No.  I think many have given it up though.

2. pylos26 profile image69
      pylos26posted 13 years agoin reply to this

we thinks all christians lost their minds.

Darknlovely3436posted 13 years agoin reply to this

in what way... mentally?

3. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know a number of Christins that have lost their faith in religion, that say that their faith in God is stronger.

I also am in that group.

4. aka-dj profile image66
      aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It sounds like a contradiction.
      To be a Christian is to have faith in Christ. So, to lose faith in Him is to loose your Christianity (in the extreme). However, most likely, Christians loose faith in the Church System, or it's leadership. Then there are those who seem to put faith in their faith, (not sure I understand what that is, exactly, but a lot of people use these terms). I suspect, they have grown weary, or have became backslidden. These would not be ones that lost their hope or salvation.
      To those who have been Born Again, it is a place where testing times reveals their true character, and commitment.
      Loosing heart and losing faith is not the same thing. I think I'm describing loosing heart, or courage. smile

2. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

I don't know. Doubting leads to questions and  questions can lead to frustration or confirmation.
    If your faith is never tested, how do you know how strong it its?

Thomas doubted honestly and got his answer.

If people lose their faith it is of no concern to you or anyone.

Darknlovely3436posted 13 years agoin reply to this

it might be no concern to others, however,the way things are going these days, we just have to wonder,lots of folks are feeling that God have them down, Now you are the body of christ and members individually 1 Corinthians 12:27

2. vector7 profile image60
      vector7posted 13 years ago

I think a lot of Christians are being diluted until they give up..

God never said this life was easy. Christ Jesus actually said blessed are those who are persecuted.

Not many people who happily accept this fact of being Christian. Especially now that through being Americans they've come to be accustomed to their "rights"..

And once the 'pride' enters the mind, it's a hard pill to swallow to rid one of the disease......

It's hard sometimes for me to stay humble in this world of provoking people.

Though I should realise.. I prefer they mock me, and get upset easier when they mock God. But I've come to remember that God can certainly take care of His own, and that I was told to be humble.

smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you provoke people into "persecuting" you - as you are doing - it is actually called, "starting a fight. " lol

Little wonder your religion causes so many fights. sad

2. dingdondingdon profile image61
        dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You may feel like others make fun of you and are cruel to you sometimes, and I don't doubt that people do pick on you, but Christians in the West are far from persecuted. You have "In God We Trust" on everything, you have your politicians all claiming to be of the same religion. How can you say you're persecuted when most Americans in political power are or claim to be Christian? That is called being the persecuting class, not the persecuted.

3. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 13 years ago

Many people doubt. I think their faith is pushed to the limit by the insanity of the rabble rousing fundamentalist stand. Doubt is good. It makes you think. Blind faith is not faith. It is blindness. Truth is all that matters. Doubt is simply searching for the truth. Anyone who believes in anything more than this life does more good for their spirit than they do harm, by searching for the truth. In my opinion.

1. dingdondingdon profile image61
        dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I think it's healthy for anyone, whether they're religious or not, to question themselves. If nothing else it's an affirmation of why you believe what you do, because when we doubt we think about why we do believe the things we believe, and we're reminded of our own reasoning.

1. profile image0
          just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly. And refusal to question represents fear, or arrogance. Neither position should anyone allow themselves to remain in longer than it takes to recognize it is where they stand. There are no absolutes for life's most intriguing questions. There is always room for doubt. In my opinion.

2. pisean282311 profile image62
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

@just Doubt is good. It makes you think. Blind faith is not faith. It is blindness....perfect...couldn't have said better than that...and to @ts it is good that Christians are doubting their faith...it is sign of better times ahead...

1. profile image0

Now we need to get the message out to the muslims and our horizons might brighten considerably. smile

1. pisean282311 profile image62

why only Muslims , every religion , i guess...but Muslims are more strict to adherence than other faiths...they used to be open and introspecting ones  when they were dominating force in past but once they became colonized by west , they became more and more strict...i guess fear might have been the reason...

1. profile image0

Whatever their reasons they have produced too much violence and bloodshed. Once they recognize that mohamed was no prophet I'm sure they will see the fallacy of their ways.

I referenced islam only because they are the devil that dogs our search for peace at the moment. You are correct though. All religions have the potential to step into their shoes. smile

now why would they do that?...ofcourse muhammad was prophet according to them and in matter of faith all faith are right as per believer of respective faith...all think they have key to truth and all think other person is clueless...can Christians accept that jesus was not son of god?...they would say it is truth that jesus was god or son of god and so on....in same way muslims would say muhammad was prophet which came after jesus the prophet...

1. profile image0

lol
                  Apparently I have touched on your agenda. Mohamed was no prophet. He was a warlord. Plain and simple. Do not expect the christians to question their faith, yet give quarter to the muslims.

A tad hypocritical, if you take the time to think.

Any religion that claims to have the word of god needs to step back and accept the fact that they might be wrong and  do not have the right to push their agenda.

my agenda?...didnt get you?...i dont believe muhammad was prophet or christ was god...then how can promoting muhammad or christ be my agenda?

1. profile image0

Sorry. I thought you were defending the muslim faith. They're all wrong, in my opinion. But whether I am right or wrong, they all need to accept the fact that idle speculation on the truth should never lead to a violent reaction because of a conclusion one comes to on the answer.

We could all be wrong, and  might feel quite foolish when we come to the truth. smile

2. Beelzedad profile image58
            Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fix the problems in your own backyard before starting wars with other religious factions. smile

1. profile image0

I've been working on that problem Beelzedad, but the agressive militant atheist is a much bigger problem than I first imagined. smile

1. Beelzedad profile image58
                Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I'm sure you do consider atheists a big problem as they are not accepting to Kristians Kausing Konflict. smile

1. profile image0

So that's what Mark means when he types KKK. I didn't know. Lighten up Beelzedad. It was a joke. I was confused and thought I was talking to Paarsurrey. I wouldn't have said it otherwise.

4. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years ago

just_curious and pisean282311  both said
        "We could all be wrong, and might feel quite foolish when we come to the truth."

I am almost positive that you are correct.
      That we are ALL wrong, Theists and Atheist alike.

Picture it as a father and twelve children.

The father sees a problem that one child is doing so the father tells that child ...  if only you do this one thing, you will do well.
        Another child hears that advice and says ... If I do only that one thing, I will do well.  Well, that child didn't have the same problem as the first child had, so that advice was incorect for him.

Religion has done that. "If I ONLY do this, I will do well."

1. profile image0

Good point. smile

5. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Every religion in the world does have its good points ... and those that are not so good ones.

I think that the biggest problem is that we can not make a law and put it down on paper  ...  and cover all of the loopholes.   Someone will always find a way to use that loophole to their own advantage or the disdvantage of others.

It seems that we are flawed that way.
      BUT ...  someone will say that that isn't a flaw, it is a streingth of character. 
         So, there we go!

6. tisnotme profile image62
      tisnotmeposted 13 years ago

he gave us free will...to make our own decisions.

1. DoubleScorpion profile image77
        DoubleScorpionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Free will...Hmmm...So I can be good or bad and not pay a penalty? because if there is a penalty then it is not free will. It is a matter of... can I afford the cost?...

7. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Doubting your faith

There is no need to get into doubts if one builds one's faith on reasonable, rational and brilliant arguments mentioned in the Word revealed from the Creator-God.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)