Heaven and Hell is just an illusion that no one has truly Verified!

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (83 posts)
  1. profile image0
    awesome77posted 13 years ago

I have observed how we humans are consumed by our desire to go to heaven when we die! No wonder we have feel good preachers and political leaches who prey on peoples ignorance!

How can you believe a theory that has never been verified!

Based on the concept of who is going to heaven as written in the Bible " Everyone is going to hell, including 99.99% of the so called religious leaders"

I say forget Heaven and Hell, start enjoying your life!

Be fair to your fellow humans!

Stay away from mind altering drugs that will make you very sad eventually!

Find someone to love and be good to all kids in general!

Be happy just to be alive today!

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Say it, like it is, brother.

Except the tribes fear to be the lone wolf out.

2. Bruce_Leiter profile image57
      Bruce_Leiterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi, awesone77!  I agree to disagree with you on your comments.  What do you mean by heaven and hell being "verified"?  Do you mean scientifically? Historically? Or what? 

On the basis of the Bible, there are both heaven and hell.  You're right that scientific and historical investigation fail to "prove" heaven and hell.  But why would you have those standards of right and wrong without their basis, the God of the Bible, where God reveals himself and his laws of love.  Just curious.  You certainly can believe or disbelieve as you wish.

1. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What do you think?  I think this is where the believers start the dishonesty, trying desperately to create a strawman.

For your information, morals predate the bible. And reading the bible verifies absolutely nothing.

1. ReMarkaBlogs profile image61
          ReMarkaBlogsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Which believers start the dishonesty? I would not lump them all together, there are a wider variety of beliefs than you can possibly know.

Morals predate the Bible? Agreed. The Bible verifies that.

Or if you read that somewhere, you accept that source as verifyable (obviously you were not there observing and verifying your facts).

And please cite and document your sources for the conclusion that "reading the Bible verifies absolutely nothing." I may even agree with you, so share your sources, please.

Thank you.

2. profile image0
        awesome77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have studied the Bible and the Koran! The Bible contains a lot of contradictory statements and The Koran contains lifestyles that would be unfair to most women!

No one knows what happens when one dies! To tell me you have an idea is pure conjecture on your part!

It is pure illusion to say the least!

1. Bruce_Leiter profile image57

I appreciate your input, awesome77.  What contradictory statements do you find?  There are definitely mysteries, that is, things about God that he doesn't reveal to us, but that doesn't mean that the Bible isn't true.  Cite one set of seemingly-contradictory statements in the Bible, and we can converse.  We may end up agreeing to disagree, but our discussion will be stimualting. 

I hate generalizations.  I also think that God doesn't have to measure up to our reasoning powers, since he is much more powerful and awesome than we are and beyond our rational thought. 

For example, the Bible shows that God is eternal, everywhere-present, all-knowing, and all-powerful.  He is three Persons in one God.  Jesus is God and human at the same time.  These mysteries will always mystify us, since we're mere, limited creatures compared to that awesome God. 

I believe these mysteries because the Bible, God's Word, presents them.  I understand that no one could have thought up the God of the Bible; therefore, he must have guided the writers to write about him.

3. pennyofheaven profile image79
        pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is as a result of the dual world we live in. We cannot know wrong unless we know right. We cannot know evil unless we know good. If the opposites did not exist oh what a wonderful world this would be don't you think? If we stopped making these distinctions would there be a need for a heaven and a hell?

I agree, pennyofheaven, sad to say.  That's true about this world, but the next one (the new heaven and new earth) will be completely good.  We believe in the 3-in-1 God will live there in our perfect resurrection bodies with our attention perfectly focused on the God of the Bible.  I yearn for that day because of my chronic pain.

1. ReMarkaBlogs profile image61
            ReMarkaBlogsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Bruce. I can relate; but, how can you be a christian, you sound like a rational individual? smile

1. vector7 profile image60
              vector7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You should OPENLY state you believe all Christians are irrational rather than being sly little buddy...

I understand why you do though. I've been there myself..

smile

2. vector7 profile image60

That day will be here before you know it Bruce.

And thankfully it will last forever..

God bless you..

smile

3. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that's one of the best OP's I have heard in a long time
      http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4313914_f248.jpg

4. kess profile image60
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are immerses in a reality that once was merely an illusion...actually it is still an illusion.

Point is every single has had it origin in an illusion...this a daily occurrance...

It seems to me youre saying that illusions are unattainable so whay follw after them....and  I say you too are following an illusion and advising others to do so...

Why be fair to others at your expense..?
      Why do good to others especially children to your own expense..?

Why not instead do good and be fair only when it benefits you and in all other situations just say to ....

...HELL with them....

But there is a better way...
      And that is ..You follow the illusion of heaven until it becomes a reality .....even if its only for you...

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

In a second or two, or perhaps even before I finish this post, someone will come along and suggest that gravity or some such has never been verified either, and that the white lights prove the other.

Personally, I agree with you. Who cares? If I'm hellbound, well that's stupid. If I'm heavenbound, well, that's gonna be dull.

1. profile image0

Hurray! People should just live and enjoy life! I have neighbors that go around pretending to be Jesus, but they carry so much hate in their hearts!

People should just wake up and realize that, what happens when one dies is pure speculation, and as you know, unprovable!

Most people I met say they are spiritual rather than Religious, so things are slowly moving that direction.

But, no shoulding, or we will move backwards again.

1. Greek One profile image62
          Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i have verified both...

Heaven during a weekend in Vegas during a bachelor party

Hell during thanksgiving dinner at the ex-mother in law's house

1. profile image0

very funny! Enjoy your life today!

Hi, Greek One!  Those experiences don't even come close to the intense joy or sorrow of experiences in either place.  I believe that God is the just Judge before whom we will all stand and that only those who have trusted in Jesus Christ to get us to heaven, not our good actions, will be blessed with eternal joy.  We are never worthy of it.  You can believe as you wish.  I have shared my beliefs with you.  What if it is true?

1. Greek One profile image62
              Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

there is a confusing paradox here though... if watching my ex mother-in-law suffer in Hell will give me eternal joy, do i want to go to there or to Heaven, where I supposedly wouldn't get that visual?

Hi, Greek One!  Believers will get no joy for people suffering in hell, because God grieves over human rebellion.  I found that kind of joy over others' suffering in the Qur'an, but it's not in the Bible.  Of course, there will delirious joy in heaven, but it will be focused on God alone, not on people in hell, who brought their suffering on themselves, sadly.

Hi, castlepaloma!  What do you mean, and who are you writing to?  What is the direction that you refer to?  You didn't say which writer you are referring to.  What is "shoulding"?  Just curious.

Most people I met say they are spiritual rather than religious. Meaning ancient spirituality of religion is not update to the living in the now of today. The true meaning of spirituality is the 99% unknown world and Universe in which, take a lot more than any any one exclusive group or religion to do.

No shoulding, is like thou shall not.

I can boil 10 commandments down to two in order to make life simply and believable

2. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's the root of it!
        Why does either side of this marriage (science/religion || equation/sensation) want or need to validate and/or prove anything??

If humanities collective comparison, since it inception, could be measured in miles, the total sum of those theories/necessities/accusations/proofs/facts, wouldn't reach the moon.

Some 75 million (observed) stars exist in this galaxy, they say. Earth is one planet three doors down from a star. Approximately 7 billion specks of humanity are running around on its surface without a clue as to it all nor the magnitude of it.

The universe wins in the end.
        "I spent the entire day staring at the sky, the stars. I tried to count them. It was perfect."
        James.

Hi, Pandora's Box.  Why is it stupid if you're hell-bound?  I'm curious.  I'm not going to try to talk you into believing in heaven or hell.  I suggest that you read the gospels about Jesus' own words about heaven and hell.

3. tlpoague profile image81
    tlpoagueposted 13 years ago

I am stepping into a can of worms by posting this, but (and this is just my personal opinion.) I have experienced certain events that led me to believe there is a God and a Satan. I have even wrote a few hubs on these experiences.
    I don't expect everyone to believe the same as me. Each person has a different view on life. Occasionally I speak up and say "hey, if you woke up one night and your bed was shaking and you seen actual demons floating down from the ceiling what would you do?"
    For my answer, check out my hub.
    Like I previously mentioned, I am not pushing anyone to believe the same as me. It is all a matter of opinion.

1. pennyofheaven profile image79

The mind is a powerful thing. How is it that some attract that kind of activity and some don't? Perhaps there are those that let that kind of energy in?

2. profile image0

I do believe their is supernatural power that is prevalent among us! I do also believe the power can be accessed by those that know for good or evil!

The only consequence is that, what ever you put out will come back to you sooner rather than later!

Whether you use it for good or evil the power comes from the same source.

4. tlpoague profile image81
    tlpoagueposted 13 years ago

I have always been a sensitive person. My faith in God has been tested in many ways over the years. I haven't always turned to God and lived my life as people would expect a Christian to. In alot of ways, I still don't. My husband helped me to follow a motto of "Don't always take things you are told for granted. Seek it out for yourself." I try use that motto whether it is talking to fellow Christians or someone I just met.
    Most of the time I don't say much and just read what everyone has to say, but every once in awhile I can't help but make a comment.

5. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 13 years ago

I haven't been in the forums in a long time other than to post to some threads that were started back when I was ill, however I say bright blessings to you for what you say in the OP.

You can't verify the existence of heaven or hell. And before you go hating on me for stating my opinion, let me tell you why I believe this way.

In my lifetime, short as it has been, I have come to close to the proverbial end one too many times. They say how lucky I am to still be here, well I have to say this is true I am but I also did a very close inspection of my beliefs in '04. You see I had what was supposed to be routine surgery, but in the seconds before they took me back my last thought was I'm not gonna see this man again (my husband at the time). When I woke up in ICU with tubes coming from most orifices and my hands strapped down, I knew how close to the truth that thought had been. But, you know what I didn't and don't remember a thing. No bright white light, nothing it is just a blank. This is the reason I believe the way I do.

What I believe is yes you die, your body becomes ash and the essence of you goes out and is reborn into another person. If you look at statistics at hospitals it can get kinda scary when you see that X number died and an equal X number were born on the same day.

You can't see the essence, you can't follow it, you can't put a tracking device on it, so yes go out and drop the fear of heaven or hell and just live your life. If you believe in Jesus then whatever you do will be rectified in the end. I can tell you though, you nor anyone you know is going to know the difference one way or the other.

1. profile image0

Truly well put together! Hope you're feeling much better. I do believe in reincarnation!

My aim is to wake people up from the dreaded punishment after death, that was created by past rulers to keep a growing population in check!

6. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 13 years ago

Thank you, Awesome77. I'm headed to check out your hubs.

7. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

What a nice "feel good" philosophy you have created for yourself and i mean by yourself. This is wonderful and so modern day but it bodes you nothing. After you mechanically go through the mechanics of being good you will eventually tire of this procedure, realising that this is just another 'works based religion' the religion of "be good, feel good". There are many other philosophies much like yours. Many of them are included in 'self help therapies' which would probably be more beneficial since they help one improve their life instead of just putting all the emphasis on the bible basic of 'being good'.
    As God is pushed to the background and people try to find a safe road remember that God has always said He is God and without God nobody is safe or has a more insightful path or has eternal life.
    There is a movement that there is no hell, its a catholic invention and the future punishment is really not eternal life = death, a second death, nothingness, disintigration of the soul and that God does not keep people suffering forever and ever but destroys the soul forever and ever.
    You need to update before you go on your righteous cause.
    As for reincarnation.. which belief are you, there are 3 reincarnation beliefs. If you don't know then you are just mimicking a story you have told and like many jump on the bandwagon having your ears tickled. Reincarnation is so full of holes you need to research it more before you say you believe in it.

8. libby101a profile image62
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

How can you confirm something that is final? Nobody can obviously come back from death...therefore your point makes no sense! This can never be verified...which doesn't mean it isn't true! It simply means it cannot be verified! Once someone passes away...they cannot return to tell you if an afterlife of heaven or hell exists! It is by faith that one believes in such. You either believe or you don't! None of us will ever know until we die! I, for one, believe both heaven and hell exist! I believe when I die my faith will be verified!

1. DoubleScorpion profile image78
      DoubleScorpionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If Jesus and Lazarus and a couple other folks of the bible was able to return from the dead... then why can't we? If it is impossible to come back from the dead, how is there going to be a resurrection?

1. libby101a profile image62
        libby101aposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus brought Lazarus back from the dead! He was the son of God! I don't think we have enough faith to do what Jesus did! Jesus told his 12 disciples that they could do the same... if they only had the faith! However, I think Jesus in his perfection is the only one who could have that kind of faith to raise the dead!

Just look at the world now...so much evil! People claim to be good , yet lie and cheat! People sin and claim to be holy! It's truly sad! I believe we all fall short at one time or another. This is why Jesus came...to give us pardon for our sins!

Most people are "doubting Thomas's"

2. profile image0

Good for you! But ask yourself;

are you a daily sinner?

Are you good in the true sense of how Jesus was Good?

Based on the way the Bible states those going to heaven, no one is going to heaven!

I am not trying to change anyone, but just trying to wake people up from the deep sleep that has them truly confused, baffled and not enjoying life!

You severely misunderstand the principles of salvation.

You should stick to things you have a full comprehension of. Kindly..

smile

9. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

libby101a wrote ...
       Jesus brought Lazarus back from the dead! He was the son of God! I don't think we have enough faith to do what Jesus did! Jesus told his 12 disciples that they could do the same... if they only had the faith! However, I think Jesus in his perfection is the only one who could have that kind of faith to raise the dead!

- - - - - - - - -

This post brought something to mind.
        Just thinking out loud!
      "IF"  you or I were to reach this level of pure belief;  I think that we would also gain enough knowledge to know that this life is not where we are supposed to stay.

Thus ...  the lack of people showing such knowledge and faith.

What if we aren't actually staying?

1. Jerami profile image58
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I somehow believe that if "WE"   (lol)   did stay, that would impede the natural processes here on earth.

Though this is a good goal that we should be attempting to obtain

Yes agree.

I was more thinking along the lines of where there is no time and space. Our limitations define we are here. When we sleep or are in a deeply meditative state we are neither here nor there.

It is the finite mind that would lead us to believe we are here and only here. And should I say, as well as here and there.

Do you know what I am pointing to?

10. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Heaven and Hell is just an illusion that no one has truly Verified!

Heaven and hell are no illusion; but one will experience them after one' death; so verification is not possible as it is not a physical dimension.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry Paar, but I disagree. Both are present here. This place we call home can be paradise, or the opposite. It is what we make it. Walk in the enlightenment, and we walk into Heaven and do not die. "For there will be those who walk into Heaven and did not die." Remain in the darkness of ignorance, and that which can be perceived by others in the positive light, becomes your own personal torment, constructed of the chains, the links of which, we, ourselves have made. Peace

2. profile image0

How do you know?

Not even the religious leaders believe that anymore!

1. profile image50
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Creator-God who created everything tell us about heaven and hell in His Word revealed; so one should believe in it.

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The problem here is primary. There is no god, no hell or heaven. Just more myths.

11. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

The concept of heaven and hell is truthful and is not an illusion.

If one achieves the purpose of life it is one's heven; if one misses it willfully, it is one's hell.

Don't you think there is a purpose of everything; then why not for the human life?

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paar, The Statement;  Hell exhists because i say to you it does. Holds no meaning. We can not prove Jesus or Muhamed, so how can anything They suposidly said exhist, until either man is proven to be.

No Tangable death Paar, so no exhistance....nothing

12. vector7 profile image60
    vector7posted 13 years ago

Plenty of people try to witness it to you from dying and being resuscitated, and even tell people things they shouldn't know about because they WERE DEAD WHEN IT HAPPENED. But you explain it away because you either don't like to follow rules or Heaven and Hell seem too good to be true and too unloving by God.

There IS NO PROOF. We speak of FAITH all the time. No one EVER claimed any proof. And if I have, then I apologize. Evidence, yes. Proof, no.

Just because you don't see a half billion of the universe's glorious and beautiful galaxies or planets or anything else out there does not mean it doesn't exist.

They called the man who said he could transfer information through the air without wires crazy and locked him up for a while because of it.

But you're all believers now huh?

Yeah you have stuff to test it now and proof and blah blah blah.. But your just like those people that DIDN'T have proof before NOT BELIEVING because you don't have proof. But it was TRUE the WHOLE TIME..

I was there once. But I never quit looking.. It pays to look hard and have faith..

I'll be listening to my radio..

smile

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well Vector, I guess you could say I have "Faith" that radio in your ear will eventualy deafen you fully....enjoy the music while the ear drum still vibrates

Like you said, There is no proof to offer, because there is no evidence ever offerd.  Just condemnation for questioning.

Whitness- implies you saw it, it is 2011, who was there?

smile

1. Druid Dude profile image60
        Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hell exists, and is evidenced by the evil men do in this world which makes it a hell for many. Heaven also exists, and is evidenced by the good that man can do for the world and fellow human beings, which make it a heaven for many. Heaven and hell, on this world, this plane of existence, is in our hands, and ours alone. It is up to us to have the consideration and mindfulness to rise above our base instincts and behaviors, only then can we transform the hell we create every day into the heaven that we would all like to share in.

2. vector7 profile image60

No one is condemning you for questioning.  Christ said Himself to search the scriptures.  John 5:39-40

AND He said in His most famous sermon to:

Matthew 7:7-8

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

And who was where? I explained completely the witnesses I was speaking of. It doesn't matter the year. There are THOUSANDS of people resuscitated EVERY year.

And they say they saw it. They don't have proof just like the witnesses on the stand in a trial don't have proof that "that man murdered him I saw it."

Yes, there is no proof.. But NO ONE is condemning you for asking questions. Christ told you that you should Himself.. Christ used the word "seek" to show that asking once and giving up is not how to ask God things. He wants you to have a desire to know Him and know He is there

But man doesn't have the answers. If you don't ask God then how can you expect an answer? And I know everyone wants Him to "say" something. But God works how God works. You come to Him humbly or He will not answer you. After all He does deserve respect, for He is GOD.

And my radio's volume is set very low actually, unsure where you got that or why it was brought up...

smile

2. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But, we actually do see billions of galaxies out there, but we don't see any gods. By your reasoning, galaxies exist and gods do not.

You are lying, again. Marconi was never locked up for inventing wireless radio telegraph.

Will you also be dreaming up more lies? smile

"It may interest you to know that Marconi's "friends" had him taken
        into custody, and examined in a psychopathic hospital, when he announced he
        had discovered a principle through which he could send messages through the
        air, without the aid of wires, or other direct physical means of communication.
        The dreamers of today fare better."

- Napoleon Hill

THINK and GROW RICH

I think your accusations are ignorantly based on foolish ill-educated assumptions. Please do consult the book as everyone else will.

I think we all see the liar.

smile

3. Woman Of Courage profile image60
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

vector, You have made excellent points. smile We can't see love, but it exist. It doesn't make sense for one to say something does not exist because they can not visibly see it.

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You fail, yet again. Love can be seen. hmm

We DO love you.. But you are still very aggravating..

And love is an emotion. You cannot "see" emotions prior to acting upon them.

The action you're speaking of is a effect of love. Not love itself.

It's called cause and effect. Love is the cause. The kind act is the effect..

She did not fail at all.

smile

It's nice you love other people. And, if you find me aggravating, then you might actually consider, asking yourself "why?". hmm I'm sure you'll find some rationalized(to yourself) explanation, which will most like ridicule me, because I don't hold your belief.

Then again, the dishonesty in a rationalized explanation you create isn't only dishonest action, but is also with your own self. That's the real shame.

Like I said. She was correct. You cannot see emotions.

If one does not act on an emotion, you don't know it is there.

And telling WoC she failed, is ridiculing someone.. I said you're aggravating because you said she is wrong, and she is not. Simple.

And you can call me anything you like. Just shows why you're aggravating.

smile

Emotions cannot be hidden from someone who can notice it. Sorry, as my last post said, which happens to blow your post out of the water.

There is ALWAYS a reaction. Emotions are not right or wrong. They are Amoral. However, emotions are instinctive, which makes them reactionary. The reaction cannot be completely suppressed, regardless of what you think.

Botox hides emotions just fine. But the emotions are STILL THERE.

Third post I've had to correct. Your thinking is severely flawed.

smile

Flawed? Talk about who doesn't know or understand Language. Boy do you need to grow up more.

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60

vector, Thank you for explaining this. It's his way of making himself feel good by telling me I failed.

Give it up. I'm done myself.

He wants to argue...

smile

Deleted

You cannot see emotions? Are you blind?

Someone cries? You see it.

Someone in pain? You see it.

Someone in pleasure? You see it.

Someone in happiness? You see it.

What emotion isn't seen? hmm

The ones paralyzed people still feel without "expressing" them. You should look that word up.

smile

Emotional reactions cannot be hidden. The fact that you bring a paralyzed individual, is nothing more but more distortion.

lol

You wish..

Goodbye Cag..

smile

You leaving? Nothing new. Your irrational argument holds no ground. lol

13. Woman Of Courage profile image60
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

Cagsil, You still don't get it. We can not see an emotion. hmm

roll

2. Cagsil profile image69

I understand Love WOC and I don't require a god to understand it. But, nice try on claiming my ignorance, when you fail to present anything of value yourself.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60

I love you Cagsil smile

Not likely, but I find it interesting that you have to say it, while your actions always defeat you. lol

Your like a child... I told you that crying was the effect and you still don't understand the separation.

If a persons whole body is paralyzed and they can't EXPRESS anything. The emotion is not apparent to anyone. But that person can still love someone without a single indication of it.

You're not interested in anything but arguing.

smile

Actually, I do. But, you're failing to understand that "action" and "reaction" are one, because of "cause" and "effect".

It's obvious, since you opened your account, that's all you're interested. You get was you ask for.

lol

vector, Agreed. Let it rest. It will never end.

I'll leave it as well, considering it's OFF TOPIC to begin with. Enjoy. wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)