Has the science proved that the Creator-God does not exist?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (111 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Is it within its domain?

The Creator-God is only attributive; all physical and/or spiritual things are His creation.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, at least we can see you are not answering others questions to other equally propaganda filled threads you've created here.

Btw, are atheists forbidden to speak here? If so, I'll delete my posts and move on. Would that be satisfactory for improving your peaceful messages of tolerance and reason? smile

2. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Has science proved that the Creator-God does not exist? Not specifically all by itself.

However, the collective knowledge available to humanity, grants one the ability to understand that the probability of a god existing is non-existent.

If one god existed, then the possibilities of any infinite number of gods exist. You cannot have just one god, it's impossible.

People like to think it is possible, for their own self gratifying reasons and choose ignorance over learning.

If they actually learned, they would grow as a person, expand their mind to more possibilities and finally find balance that brings an unprecedented love.

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is talking about the probabilities; not sure.
        Does one mean; science is not sure of anything? It lurks in doubts.

1. Cagsil profile image71

Paar, science don't talk about the probabilities of whether or not a god exists, because the probabilities already dismiss it. Science is always open to say that anything is possible, so it doesn't have a need to answer the "god" question.

If you ask any scientist a direct question, like "Has Science Found God"? - Then, they can honestly answer NO. Simply because it's not searching/looking for it.
          Science is a method used in discovering things of reality. It's not trying to see outside reality, because anything outside of reality cannot exist.

Reality is the flip side of the coin from Delusion. The Spiritual realm is just mysticism gone awry. The only spirituality a human being needs is love. Nothing else required.

1. profile image51

Does one mean that it is out of the domain of science?

Out of the domain of Science? You cannot be serious. Boy do you lack understanding of life. WOW! roll

I don't know how you've managed to live this long, but Science's domain is reality. Nothing exists outside of it. Since nothing outside it exists, it would be non-productive to search outside it.

You spiritual people, who like to talk about the "spiritual" realm, just love your mysticism.

The only spirituality required for humanity is love. Nothing else.

Mysticism was debunked. Mysticism, ultimately comes down to acting dishonest with self about self.

2. Apostle Jack profile image61
          Apostle Jackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Science will say anything except admit to that fact .When the blind try to lead the blind they both fall in the ditch.Atheist,and those that follow such empty ways of conduct is a prime example of the blind leading the blind.

1. profile image51

Sure they are.

Science is a tool designed to know things physical; it is neither designed nor it has the capacity to know of the purpose of life or the things in the moral and the spiritual domains.

Hence they are ignorant.

1. Apostle Jack profile image61

paarsurrey,we are on the same page.They are between a rock and a hard place and don't have the capacity to admit it.They know about atoms,neurons,cells and matter,but spirituality and creationism is beyond scientific and technical understanding.You said it well.

2. profile image51
      3. Druid Dude profile image61
        Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The jokes on you Cag, there is more than one god. Read the first page of the bible until you see it. Everybody misses it all the time, so don't feel too dumb when it finally sinks in. Can your eyes see the full spectrum of light? Can your ears hear every sound no matter what the auditory frquency. Do any of you understand even the most basic implications of String Theory? First, not all scientists are atheists. There is nothing which has been provided by science which can be said to disprove God, and anyone who suggests that there is dispensing dogmatic propaganda in favor of their own religious beliefs.

And, I didn't say that Science has proved no god exists. wink But, thank you for your continued perpetuation of the hoax. Good for you. You must be proud. wink

1. Druid Dude profile image61

More than one God...that was directed at you...not the part about proving. See, you don't read it, you just look at it. That's why you miss it. Oh, and by the way Cag... the first page... that's Genesis.

I didn't miss anything. You addressed only a portion of my post and I only did the same thing. Don't like it when you do something to someone and they do it back to you.

Again, you must be proud. wink

1. Druid Dude profile image61

I only addressed that point, because that was the only part of your comment I felt was worth commenting on...you have noticed that there are other comments being made. Can't focus on more than one thing at a time, sorry you have that prob.

3. pedrog profile image61
      pedrogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Has any religion ever proved that any god exist?

No they didn't, just give your buck and have faith in god, oh yeah!!

I have personal proof,one on one knowledge concerning God and His presence in this world.I am a Celestial Spirit within a physical body.You are a materialistic person that is rule by material concepts.Your knowledge is limited to Matter.Your proof comes by what you can see and touch,but there are other ways of having evidence and gathering proof,like experience ,spirituality ,the supernatural,and Celestial spirituality.

I know for a fact that God exist,if you call me a liar you will have to prove that I am,which you can't.Have any Atheist prove that God do not exist,no they have not.And since you can't, that in itself  sends your none existent theory about God to the bottom of the deepest hole.Have a good trip.

1. dingdondingdon profile image59
          dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1. The burden of proof is not on atheists, since it is impossible to prove a negative. The burden of proof is, and always will be, on those who claim any deity exists.

2. You do not know pedrog, so you do not know whether he or she is materialistic or not. It is not only unwise to make assumptions, but it belies a rather close-minded and intolerant nature.

1. profile image51

That in itself shows wrong and helplessness of your stance; better believe that which is not only possible but does exist.

Just stating "you are wrong" doesn't actually make it so.

When you call one a liar as to what they believe about God,but cannot prove them to be a liar,you make yourself look bad and a little retarded.

Yes you do have to prove it,otherwise you are a well without water,A mouth that speak,but says nothing.
            Proof is what you dwell on,and now you are saying you don't have to prove your side of what you believe,but everyone else have to prove theirs.
            You sound like a sad story.

The proof is whether or not you can show us your god, can you?

1. profile image51

Please show gravity to Apostle Jack, if you can.

Jack, drop something.

You can see gravity too, Parr, just walk towards an open window, instructions to follow. smile

He have already given most of humankind that evidence,and it is seen all around us.Are your eyes open?Can you see more than one thing in front of you?Where have you been all this time.Well......you have a chance as do all other Atheist of your belief.Some do,and some don't,some will and some won;t..........You are in there somewhere.

Yes, my eyes are open and I can see all kinds of things in front of me. So, where is the evidence you refer?

smile

He's invisible,only the affects and ingenuity of Him are seen .

4. demosthenes.locke profile image58
      demosthenes.lockeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Science has actually so far proven that something must have existed prior to existence as we know it the specifics delve into quantum mechanics but suffice it to say that according to the latest interpretation of the big bang theory the mass that was the universe prior to time could have existed indefinitely in its amassed state.  therefore something must have forced a change resulting in the big bang.

interesting side note the bible says the earth was created in 6 days and on the seventh god rested.  a day is a human interpretation of the time it takes our planet to rotate around the sun.  if as the bible says god is in fact EVERYWHERE what is a day to god?  a full rotation of the solar system ( over 900 years) the galaxy ( that's a few billion) or the universe?

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Day is a unit of time or a period; it does not have to be 24 hours of duration.

[32:5] Allah it is Who created the heavens and the earth, and that which is between them, in six periods; then He settled on the Throne. You have no helper or intercessor beside Him. Will you not then reflect?
        [32:6] He will plan the Divine Ordinance from the heaven unto the earth, then shall it go up to Him in a day the duration of which is a thousand years according to what you reckon.
        http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … mp;verse=0

5. profile image57
      stoneyyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No need for scientists to do so.  The 'Divine Manufacturer' concept collapses on its own terms.  There's nothing to look for, or examine.

2. profile image51

It is an open forum.
    Everybody is welcome and free to express ;none forbidden or hated.

Thank you. I will take that as an answer to my question as to whether or not the freedom to speak should be granted to all here and not a specific group you alone identify, and that you were wrong in making that declaration and will soon openly apologize to all concerned.

3. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 13 years ago

If science can't prove god does exist it can't prove god doesn't exist.

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
      Jesus was a hippyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree but as far as the science is concerned, it CAN disprove the claims of the bible and if the bible itself is questionable, then its hardly logical to believe the incredibly tall claims in it that cannot be disproven .

On the contrary,scientist are trying their best to disprove bible occurrences,but to no avail.Spirituality and the supernatural have no matter, elements ,atoms,neurons nor material substance that they can disprove anything concerning God.Scientist is in a straight-jacket,and they will say and do anything except admit it,and I would say that you are in the same boat with them.

Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You honestly think that noone can disprove that there was a global flood that lasted 40 days?

Please go back to school. Science has come a long way in the last few years.

1. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Done.  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/44180#post1022273

It doesn't seem to affect the deists much, though.

2. dingdondingdon profile image59

You cannot prove a negative, so the point is moot. The burden of proof is not on people who don't believe, it is on those who do.

1. profile image57

Ah, but one can prove a negative.  I can prove there are no elephants in my wallet by opening my wallet.

Believers don't have to provide objective supporting evidence for their belief-unless they expect those outside the belief to pay attention to it.

1. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Atheists please note; the negatives can be proved.

4. knolyourself profile image60

Science is good to create agreement amongst us. If we agree on scientific proof then
    it is better for all, like lead or radiation is harmful. On the other hand people get to believe whatever they want as individuals.

1. profile image51

Science is good in its own domain; it is a tool with a special purpose.

One does not pull a nail with a hammer.

In matters of Arts the Science is useless.

Am I right?

1. profile image57

No.  In the arts science plays a hefty part.  In sculpture material composition, and weight and balance factors are needed for a successful outcome.

In painting, chemistry and optics are factors.  To get a wood grain effect, Bob Ross would combine two different reactive chemicals (don't recall which) where the reaction provided the desired effect.

One can utilize various substances to modify the paint to get certain effects.

Modern paints are more light fast and less toxic than in the past.

There are other areas, but these suffice.

What is useless is to apply stone and bronze age superstition to objective reality.  Sadly, folks like you will never learn to cease this failed avenue.

One can pull a nail with a hammer.  If two pieces of wood are connected via a nail one can separate the pieces with a hammer.  One then pounds the sharp end to drive the nail back to expose the head and shaft as much as possible. One then hooks the hammer head under the nail head and pulls.

5. knolyourself profile image60

"In matters of Arts the Science is useless.
    Am I right?"
    You are right and in other things as well.
    But without science we'd still be in the middle ages. Course science may destroy the planet see Fukushima. Seems we need a melding and fast.

1. profile image51

Science is very important for our life; I admit; and it is a part of our religious faith to believe in the proved scientific thoghts in the scientific domain; beyond it, it is worthless. It is just a tool of the human beings like a screw-driver to be used where appropriate only.

Science is one aspect of life; of which religion is a whole.

Jesus was a hippyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Religion is an aspect of life to a religious person as beleif in santa is to a child.

"Be good or you wont get a present"
        "Be good or you'll go to hell and not heaven"

I think religion is just a ploy to get people to do what you want when you are unable to police them efectively.

Works a treat dont you think?

6. knolyourself profile image60

"Science is one aspect of life; of which religion is a whole."
    For me everything is everything. Science is
    in religion and religion is in science.

1. profile image51

It is another way of putting the same concept.

Thanks

7. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

"Has the science proved that the creator god does not exist?"

No it has not, nor has it proved that little red riding hood went straight to Granny's house, or that the tooth fairy doesn't really leave money under the pillow, or that Santa comes down the chimney.
    Science knows nothing important.

lol lol lol

8. knolyourself profile image60

"Science knows nothing important." Science knows that there would be no Internet without science. Thus this is not of much importance.

9. superwags profile image67
    superwagsposted 13 years ago

No, but it's made belief in one less relevant or necessary.

10. Nick Burchett profile image78
    Nick Burchettposted 13 years ago

"To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, "I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge." - Ravi Zacharias

"God is not discoverable or demonstrable by purely scientific means, unfortunately for the scientifically minded. But that really proves nothing. It simply means that the wrong instruments are being used for the job." - J.B. Phillips

God and science go hand in hand. God created science and science in the end points back to it's maker.

1. superwags profile image67
      superwagsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Profound. But not true.

"Science does not promise absolute truth, nor does it consider that such a thing necessarily exists. Science does not even promise that everything in the Universe is amenable to the scientific process."

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Further, it is not possible to apply scientific method to testing myths. smile

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
          Disappearingheadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You say God et al is a myth but how do you really know? You have come to this belief based on your experiences, interpretations of the religious organisations, your interpretations of the bible and quran, etc, etc. But you can't really know. You can only be certain in your conclusions based on what you know or think you know.

You can't know the sum total of everything, and science can only describe those things that are in the material realm in which it is concerned. Niether can science apply a rationale, a meaning, for the observable universe, but neither should it.

Of course you may conclude that the non-material realm, what religion calls a spiritual realm does not exist, but that's only because you have limited yourself to the physical, and ruled out the existence of the spiritual.

Now you don't need to answer this question here, but do you ever stop and just think that you may be wrong, that you haven't necessarily got all the bases covered? Or have you invested too much time and energy in not believing that to conceive that you may be wrong is inconceivable?

1. aka-dj profile image64
            aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. Cagsil profile image71

Your post can be summed up in two sentences.

Life does not require any knowledge of a god, to be understood.

Life does not require any knowledge of a god, to be lived.

Sorry, plain and simple. The only authority one needs is oneself.

1. aka-dj profile image64
              aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why do you get upset when one takes authority over another. (if you are your own authority).
              It happens all the time!

I don't get upset. And I am my own authority.
                People getting upset happens all the time. I'm sure it does. lol

3. Beelzedad profile image58

Unfortunately, your argument is fallacious in that it can be used not only to argue gods and the spiritual, but also to invoke any supernatural or mythical entities into existence; leprechauns, unicorns, dragons or anything else one might conjure from the imagination.

You would then need to ask yourself if you in fact have "ruled out" leprechauns and unicorns, and if so why or why not? If you invoke your argument, you therefore must also believe anything from the imagination can and must exist. smile

1. DoubleScorpion profile image79
              DoubleScorpionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

WAIT!!!! WHAT!!!!!!!! Unicorns and Leprechauns don't exist!!!!!....

Now if I can believe in a being that is all powerful and created the universe out of nothing at all...Why can I not believe in something as simple as a horse with a single horn, or a little person dress in green that keeps all their money in gold and stored in a pot at the end of a rainbow. These are simple items...and written about in lots of books, and they have been around forever. We still have Unicorns, although they have evolved into the hornless variety known as horses, that we see today. I mean really...look at the Narwhal Whale, it has a single horn, so it is definitely possible that horses had them at one time as well. smilebig_smilesmile

Sorry couldn't resist...

1. ceciliabeltran profile image65
                ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes it is his talent...

2. profile image51

I don't think one should believe in such superstition; it will be irrational.

2. profile image51

I agree

3. dingdondingdon profile image59

No. Atheism simply claims that there is no evidence for God (there isn't) and without evidence there is no reason to believe in something. I mean, you may as well believe in the Easter Bunny.

4. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yet another dishonest religious opinion. No wonder your religion causes so many wars.

Science has already demonstrated that a god is un necessary. We are millions of years old and here more by luck than judgment. It could as easily have been the saurians that developed self awareness.

1. profile image51

I think Science does not demonstrate it; it is wrong perception of the Atheists, they should correct it.

1. pisean282311 profile image62
          pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

nope...god is not necessary and not needed in day to day affair of human life...so religious people must change their 'WRONG' perception...every thing you see is either creation of humans or nature.. so no need of god unless ofcourse you believe nature operates as god says kind which too is only a thought and unproven...

coming to your question has science proven that god doesnot exist...no it has not proven that yet...but its inquiry and seeking truth mind set has proven that religious god and their books are false...though religious people then manipulate verse interpretation to suit science but soon they would run out of steam...

1. profile image51

One may be entitled to have whatever wrong opinion one is convinced with; I don't object to.

May be one is like a person who is hungry yet due to some reason he does not feel it; it could be a disease with which one could die with; yet it is one's own life.

Humans do need the Creator-God; as they need the parents though.

Speak for yourself. I do not need God.

1. profile image51

It is OK with me; enjoy life. Have a nice day.

Thank you! You too! Unfortunately the weather where I am isn't great, but I shall make do. smile

2. pisean282311 profile image62
              pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

One may be entitled to have whatever wrong opinion he is convinced with; I don't object to.

above applies to you too as much as it does to others including me...you are entitled to wrong opinon...i dont object to that...

3. Beelzedad profile image58

If you can't look after yourself and feel you need your mommy and daddy to look after you, move into their basement, I'm sure they would appreciate it. smile

11. earnestshub profile image80

No, it is simple enough to work out.
    I don't buy a 2,000 year old story which was preceded by the hundreds of other stories that included a god that finally formed it.

This god makes itself, comes back as it's own son and then kills itself to atone for the mistakes made when he built mankind "in his likeness" A laughable process for an omnipotent omniscient omnipresent entity donchah think?

You may believe in fairytales and think they should be measurable against science.
    I see a psychotic process to make money and control people based on a lumped together patchwork of hearsay written by a bunch of goat herders with an agenda.

Bronze aged myths, bronze aged thinking.

12. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

Science has not, to my knowledge, started any field of study with the express purpose of disproving any god. What it apparently has done, in the course of learning facts about the physical world, is prove many of the characteristics some people insist on attributing to any god are non existent. If anyone continues to insist that god sends tornadoes, earthquakes or hurricanes; heals the sick through prayer; or offers monetary gain to the faithful, then yes. I would think it would be safe to say that god has been soundly disproven.

What may, or may not, exist within a spiritual world is outside of the bounds of science. I haven't noticed anyone with any credibility within the world of science was interested in exploring that which we have no physical or empirical evidence of. I could, of course, be wrong.

1. profile image51

What's wrong? Cat got your tongue? Speechless? lol

2. DoubleScorpion profile image79
      DoubleScorpionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree.

It is my opinion, that while, science hasn't proved there isn't a god or divine being. They have confirmed enough of nature and our universe, that it makes it a very likely possiblity that it doesn't exist. At least, not in the context of how god or the divine power is currently believed to exist or how it is viewed by a vast majority of believers.

3. earnestshub profile image80

I think I just repeated what you said. Sorry about that. smile

13. profile image51

No science does not prove that; it is only wishful thinking of the atheists.

1. earnestshub profile image80

Science does not set out to discredit religion, it discredits religion purely by uncovering theories while attempting to understand the world around us, which it has done to an amazing degree.

14. profile image51

just_curious wrote:

Science has not, to my knowledge, started any field of study with the express purpose of disproving any god.

Paarsurrey says:

It is not in their domain; science will never venture on this subject; the atheists may desire it though

Hey Paar, you keep saying "domain". The only domain is reality. lol

1. profile image51

All reality is not within the domain of science; only a portion of it called physical.

Hey Paar, you need to seriously go learn something. Your repetitiveness of ignoring the knowledge already accumulated is getting boring.

Science isn't the only method for learning. roll

1. profile image51

Please mention the other methods of learning; I think the atheists believe science is the only method of learning; that is why they eulogize science out of proportion of life.

Hey Paar, go ask a teacher. lol

It would be wise for you to stop assuming you know anything about people who are atheist or part of atheism. Apparently, you do not.

15. profile image51

Science has not proved that the Creator-God does not exist?

And, like I've said a few hundred times Paar, Science doesn't have to. Do try to keep up.

2. Beelzedad profile image58

So what? Religion hasn't proved gods do exist. Do you have a point or are you just tossing out more pointless attacks on science?

1. profile image51

Righteous people in all the ages and all the regions of the world have witnessed that the Creaor-God has talked to them; why should one ignore their witnessing.

Muhammad and in our era, one of his follower successor Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908 has given a witness that the Creator-God does exist and has conversed with Him:

The Speaker (Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908) is Honoured with Divine Converse .I would be guilty of doing great wrong to my
        fellow beings if I were not to declare at this stage that
        divine bounty has bestowed upon me the status
        which I have just defined and has honoured me with
        the kind of converse the features of which I have just
        set out in detail,

http://www.alislam.org/library/books/Ph … -Islam.pdf

Every sane person may accept their witnessing; no compulsion.

Mental asylums are full of people who claim to talk with invisible friends. So what? Why should we believe anyone who claims to talk with invisible friends?

16. profile image51

Science is part of the Truthful Religion; there is no contradiction between true Science- the Work of the Creator-God and Quran- the Word of the Creator-God.

17. profile image51

The atheists agnostics apatheists skeptics may wish that science could have proved that the Creator-God does not exist; sorry wishful thinking don't materialize very often.

And atheists know no science of themselves; it is not their creation

Actually a great many prominent scientists responsible for incredible discoveries have been atheists.

18. feenix profile image58
    feenixposted 13 years ago

"Has science proved that the Creator-God does not exist"?

No.

19. earnestshub profile image80

poor old science hasn't even been able to prove the tooth fairy doesn't exist either. sad

I guess all the planned trips to mars are the results of religion! lol lol lol

20. profile image51

The reason blind need not respond; no compulsion

21. profile image51

Science has not proved that the Creator-God does not exist?

Science is part of the Truthful Religion; there is no contradiction between true Science- the Work of the Creator-God and Quran- the Word of the Creator-God.

The atheists agnostics apatheists skeptics may wish that science could have proved that the Creator-God does not exist; sorry wishful thinking don't materialize very often.

And atheists know no science of themselves; it is not their creation

The Islamic propagandist will stoop to any and all claims, no matter how ridiculous or meaningless, just as long as they can make themselves heard over their own din. smile

2. demosthenes.locke profile image58
      demosthenes.lockeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

figured i'd repeat down here where people still talking can see it.  science may not have proven or dis-proven anything but according to the mathematics as currently interpreted by stephen hawking something must have existed BEFORE time as a construct in order to facilitate the matter of which the universe is comprised to explode in the event known as the big bang.  maybe not the judeo-christian god but its something.

also the concept of a day is particular to a person standing on the planet earth...god is supposedly everywhere if god created the world in 6 days there were no people to observe this creation and therefore we must refer to gods perspective for the definition of time in terms of how long that day is so i pose the question how long is gods day?

22. earnestshub profile image80

Do you get a point for every thing you repeat often enough? smile

Science requires the rigor of scientific method, myths do not.

Ignorant by choice?

you can learn about it in minutes if you wanted to.

23. Jesus-Saves profile image58
    Jesus-Savesposted 13 years ago

True science cannot prove God's non-existence because science tries to explain nature, and God created nature. True science will witness to the creative wisdom and power of God. As we unfold the wonders of nature, we are left in awe at the infinite wisdom, knowledge and power of its creator. Such a vast, and intricate design cannot come out of chance, and everybody knows this. The only reason somebody would strive to prove that God does not exist is because he/she does not want to be accountable to God. For if God exists (and HE does), and if God is holy (and He is), then the time will come when every man will have to render an account to God, as to what we have done with our lives on this earth. And all that lived a life of sin will be found wanting and will be forever cut off from the stage of life. We should not fool ourselves by saying there is no God, for deliberate ignorance will excuse no one in the day of judgement.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)