SYTYCWO Official Contest Thread (Week 4 Winners Posted)

Jump to Last Post 201-225 of 225 discussions (546 posts)
  1. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

Congrats to the winners!

I guess we can take off the writingcontest Tag now? Since the hub is done with the contest, the tag is not relevant anymore and could be considered misleading, right?

1. Charlu profile image77
      Charluposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought the contest was over the 29th that's what it says in the contest rules Did i miss something/?????

1. Michael Willis profile image67
        Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The contest is still on. I am talking about the individual hubs for a specific day. Once that day is passed...that hub is no longer in the running for a contest prize is my understanding.

Your right sorry misunderstood your post  Thanks

2. zzron profile image57
    zzronposted 13 years ago

I would do it but it's hard enough as it is to come up with one hub a week. When would you find the time in a day to do 5 hubs in one day let alone 5 a day for 30 days? Some of us have to work.
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/3541338_f248.jpg

3. soni2006 profile image77
    soni2006posted 13 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners.

4. ripplemaker profile image78
    ripplemakerposted 13 years ago

Wow, I won! It's my first time since I never joined any contest before. I feel so wonderful that I found myself jumping up and down! Tee hee Thank you Hubpages!  Congrats to all the winners!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c326/allaseal/Random/penguinjump.gif

5. BlissfulWriter profile image71
    BlissfulWriterposted 13 years ago

Can someone give us some idea as to how many hubs are submitted for the contest each weekday (versus weekend)?  Is it thousands of hubs? Hundreds? or Dozens?   I just want to get an idea of the chance of winning the daily drawing.  Contest usually have stats like that.

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you go to the first post of this thread, there's a link to all contest entries - they are listed by day so you can do a manual count.

there were just over 100 for April 24....
      There are currently 104 for April 25 - with two hours to go.

I note that only 5 entries can be accepted - so you currently have about 1 in 20 chances of winning $50 if you write 5 hubs a day.

6. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 13 years ago

Congrats to all the recent winners. I hope that hubbers continue to write brilliant hubs after the competition when there's no longer $50 on the line!

7. L.L. Woodard profile image68
    L.L. Woodardposted 13 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners and to everyone who has participated in the contest. Everyone now has more hubs than at the beginning of the month and that has to be a good thing.

8. Charlu profile image77
    Charluposted 13 years ago

It's torture just plain flat out torture............................................................................................................................

9. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 13 years ago

AAARGGGGH RUNNING LATE!

The winners for MONDAY, APRIL 25TH:
    • Staff Pick winner: E. A. Wright for http://hubpages.com/hub/funny-american-place-names (HILARIOUS!!)
    • Daily Drawing Winner: Glamorously Jacob for http://hubpages.com/hub/How-To-Shave-Your-Face-Properly (Quite useful!!)

Props to both of you!!!

Congrats to the winners Awesome hubs even if i live down the road from Yeehaw Junction

Simone the contest ends the 29th correct?  Some of the posts earlier were indicating it was over, and i just wanted to clarify

1. Simone Smith profile image87
        Simone Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, yeah, the contest has one day left! The winners I'm about to announce are the second-to-last winners big_smile

2. K9keystrokes profile image84
      K9keystrokesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Congrats to the winners! I can't wait to read them!

10. soni2006 profile image77

Congrats to all the winners.

11. Simone Smith profile image87

The winners for Day 27 are chosen and ready to be presented!

• Staff Pick winner: SamboRambo for his Hub on how to build a lathe
    • Daily Drawing Winner: Mr Knowitall for his explanation of a chronograph

Well done, both!  Special props to SamboRambo for the fantastic customized images and well-researched keywords.  He also did a great job of writing a search-friendly title that is not too long, but is still illustrative and specific.

There is only one day left in the contest, so make sure your final entries are posted before noon (PT) tomorrow!  Good luck on the final day of the contest big_smile

1. K9keystrokes profile image84

Nice job SamboRambo! Congrats on your win.
      Mr knowitall glad you were picked in the drawing today.

12. BlissfulWriter profile image71
    BlissfulWriterposted 13 years ago

Congrats to the winners.  Too bad there is only three more days of the contest left.  I hope there will be more contests like this one.

Today is actually the last day! Crazy, no?   Though we are in the midst of planning our next contest now big_smile

Any chance at a sneak preview of what to expect with the new contest?
        I have really enjoyed this one Simone, you guys did a great job and picked some really top notch hubs in the process! Thanks for your hard work. BTW- the pod casts are VERY helpful. smile

Let's just say there will be socializing wink

Hmmmm, very intriguing Simone, I can't wait! ;}

13. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 13 years ago

I seem to have missed a lot. Been so caught up with everyday life.

Congratulations to all the winners. smile

Well done smile

14. SamboRambo profile image76
    SamboRamboposted 13 years ago

Thank you! I feel honored. That hub represents some research as you say, a lot of trial runs, and a lot of work. I started it early in the month, and worked it between other hubs.

It shows! It's an excellent Hub.

15. emilgen2011 profile image60
    emilgen2011posted 13 years ago

Congratulations to all winners... it is the last day of competition now, i hope there is more to come in the coming days. The contest enabled me to published around 30 hubs hehehe and it was fun doing all of them...

16. soni2006 profile image77

Congratulations to winners. I have devoted my last hub, which is the 60th hub) to God who has given me such strength and power to write so many hubs for this contest. The hub is about to awaken kundalini, your inner self.

Very cool!!

17. Charlu profile image77

Congrats to the winners. I'm going to miss this contest Even though I didn't win I've learned so much and laughed my self silly (not far to go)smile

You wrote some killer awesoeme Hubs in this contest, Charlu! Even if you didn't win a prize up-front, I think your Hubbing will pay off in the long run big_smile

Charluposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Simone I'm not going anywhere and I love to write  I just meant the contest  kind of gets you in touch with everybody and you can check out their writing etc.  I didn't really write articles that were "not over published' and just figured maybe the drawing I am extremely competitive and ok I'll say it obsessed with rankings Do I want to make money? Of course but that will come if I stay focused and keep writing from my gut and heart. Oh yeah and if people would stop stealing my hubs and #1 spot. (sorry to ramble and I took care of it thanks to the forum) You are a great help and inspiration  Thank you and keep up the good work.  Talk to ya soon

Simone Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I'm REALLY glad that issue resolved.  I hate it when people steal hmm

18. Simone Smith profile image87

The final daily winners have been selected! 

• Staff Pick winner: SimeyC for a great guide to creating a brochure in Microsoft Word
    • Daily Drawing Winner: IzzyM for her commentary on the death of Ladi Di

It's crazy to think this contest is almost over O_O

Voting for the People's Choice award will open tomorrow and take place on all topic pages.  Winners will be posted at the end of the day (PT) on Monday.  The Grand Prize winner will be announced the following Friday.  Good luck to those in contention for these prizes, and a big thanks to EVERYONE for participating!

Wow! SimeyC, that is one very complete step by step guide. The images are brilliant and helpful. No question as to why you won todays staff pick! Congrats on the win!
      IzzyM~ way to exit this contest with another prize! Congrats, and thanks for your help during the contest.
      Happy Hubbing!

2. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow thanks! This contest has really taught me so much.....thanks for all your hard work during the contest!

19. Charlu profile image77

Congrats to all the winners Awesome hubs.  It's been fun and I've learned a lot (even though I thought the daily was over the 29th).

smile

20. cardelean profile image86
    cardeleanposted 13 years ago

This was my first contest that I participated in and I agree with Charlu, I learned so much even though I didn't win.  Maybe in the next contest I will be a part of the winner's club!  smile  Congrats to everyone and I look forward to the next contest.

21. soni2006 profile image77

Excellent contest, excellent hubs, excellent prizes. Congratulations to all the winners from soni2006. This contest was really amazing. I enjoyed writing 61 hubs on various topics.

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow 61.  I managed about 6

22. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

I echo the congratulations to the winners and HP for running such a fun contest.  I learnt a lot while doing it - mainly how to cope with the disappointment of not winning a single one.
    I feel this experience will stand me in great stead as I continue to write and be ignored by the general public.
    This surely ranks alongside my other achievements - fourth place HubNugget, second from last in the school cross country and failing to win the lottery.

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ah, but you had the nominated hub in this week's newsletter smile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Fair point Izzy.  Now I just sound like a moaner.

1. IzzyM profile image88
          IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You mean you're not? big_smile

1. CMHypno profile image83
            CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He's got the hump that he wasn't invited to the Royal Wedding, and not winning in the contest was a rejection too far!

Cheer up Mark - Go and have a pint (or 6) - that's what Bank Holidays are for smile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
              Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

OK.  I am a moaner, and I might have a drink.  Toast the happy couple.

23. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

The winners for Week 4 of the contest are up!!

SimeyC won the People's Choic award for How to make a brochure on Word and Stephanie Henkel won the Best Hub prize for Bluebirds ~ Pictures of Bluebirds~Bluebird Houses~Attracting Bluebirds

Yaaaay!!!!!

Now, there is only one prize left to be awarded in this contest - the $250 GRAND PRIZEEE!!!!!  Very exciting stuff.  The winner shall be announced on Friday.  Hold tight! 
    And thanks for being a part of the contest!!

K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Outstanding choices! Congrats to both winners.
      Nice finish to a Great contest!

2. ripplemaker profile image78
      ripplemakerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!!! Woohoo!

3. Stephanie Henkel profile image93
      Stephanie Henkelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm so excited about winning the Best Hub for Week Four of the contest!  I loved participating in the contest!  The outstanding quality of the writing here and the support that the Hubber community gives its members has really been an inspiration to me.  Thank you so much.

1. SimeyC profile image88
        SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Stephanie - great hub - good luck with the Grand Prize!!!

1. Stephanie Henkel profile image93
          Stephanie Henkelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you SimeyC!  Congratulations and good luck to you too!

24. L.L. Woodard profile image68
    L.L. Woodardposted 12 years ago

Congratulations to the winners and to all the participants. It was a fun contest and many interesting hubs were created all around.

25. profile image52
    sansevenposted 12 years ago

very cool , I like it .Congratulations!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)