How much back to your young age you can remember

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Lgali profile image57
    Lgaliposted 14 years ago

I just remember my self up  when I was 6 years old before that I can not go back

1. profile image0
      shreekrishnaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i can go back till when i was 1 years old.

1. Lgali profile image57
        Lgaliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

YOU are the best..

2. profile image0
        shreekrishnaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i forget to mention that ,

my grandfather named me as shreekrishna when i was 1 year old ,

i only remember my grandfather face ,

that day was the birthday of lord shree krishna

shree krishna :: a great human hindu god.

2. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I can remember a long way back. From what I'm told (when I've mentioned stuff I remember to my dad) I was about 3 years old. Before that, nothing really.

TBH most of it was crap and not worth remembering. Pity my memory isn't in the hands of someone with a greatly happy childhood!

3. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
    GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years ago

Hmm...well, noting that I'm already crazy...

I think my first big memory would have been when I conked my head on a badly placed (and sharp!) corner in my house, trying to carry a blankie and pillow back to the couch to sit next to my mother as a toddler.

Wow, what a trip. I was watching myself above everyone else. I don't, however, recommend trying to invoke such a thing in the manner I did. Especially if you're a tad bit older---the young heal quick. ;P
    At least physically...

G|M

4. lafenty profile image69
    lafentyposted 14 years ago

My memory is very sketchy.  Bits and pieces really, but I guess back to about first grade - 5 or 6.

5. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Wow G|M! My first memory was drowning. Cool huh? My older brother and I were on a lilo thingy, on a lake, with my dad pulling us along the water. First chance he got my brother pushed me off. Sank like a stone so I did.

Don't know how long I was sucking water but I was in a bad way when my dad found me on the lake bed.

Anyway, that set the pattern for my brothers continued attempts to affect my demise. And he wondered why I kicked ten bells out of him when I was 13 - which is one of my favourite memories - the shock on his face when he knew he was losing. To a girl. A small one too tongue

6. JamaGenee profile image79
    JamaGeneeposted 14 years ago

Age 3, when my little brother whacked me in the back of the head with a sandbox shovel and drew blood.

1. Lgali profile image57

that is very nice way to remember.Hurts even imagining

7. GeneriqueMedia profile image60

Obviously a smart one, for sure. wink

I remember drowning too..I think I was like four, though, a few years after the whole out of body thing.

Ten bells huh? Did he spit out tickets so you could take it to the front counter and get a cool prize? Like a giant stuffed frog?

G|M

P.S.

Apparently, brothers are friggin' mean. If it helps, I was a premie, and my sister was older by four years. She's the one that dished it out on me.

1. frogdropping profile image76
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No G|M he didn't. He shat bricks instead. He always was a 100% useless brother.

My younger brother was fine as a kid though. Bit damp to sleep with unfortunately, he pee'd the bed 'til he was 7 hmm

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
        GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just remember kids, urine is sterile. Kevin Costner even drank it! wink

8. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

I remember this nurse saying " Is anyone going to claim this?"

1. Lgali profile image57

very nice nurse male or female?

9. aniketgore profile image61
    aniketgoreposted 14 years ago

6-7

10. profile image0
    Ana Louisposted 14 years ago

My son told me several times as he was growing up that he could remember being born.  I always accepted his statement as a true memory, although logic agued otherwise.  I can remember an incident when I was two.

11. Kelsey Tallis profile image64
    Kelsey Tallisposted 14 years ago

I was about 3 years-old. We had just come back from vacation and my parents couldn't find the key to the front door. The only window they could get open was a very small one that only I could fit through.

I remember feeling kinda scared because the house was so dark and quiet and I was not used to being alone in it but my dad kept talking to me through the window as I walked across the living room and unlocked the door.

Does anyone have a "happy" memory from that early? It seems it's usually something scary or traumatic that we remember from that early on...

Frogdropping, you crack me up btw!

1. Lgali profile image57

3 years old is the best memory

12. GeneriqueMedia profile image60

A happy memory...

I remember coming home from one of my frequent doctor's appointments as a kid (being a premie sucks!) and my sister hugged me and said "We're going to Chuck. E Cheese!" big_smile

Luckily, as a kid, I didn't know what good pizza was. But I loved them video games and any animal that can play a guitar is alright by me.

G|M

1. Lgali profile image57

you have really nice memmories of all food

1. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
        GeneriqueMediaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha, not really. Chuck E. Cheese is most known for being an arcade. =P I actually don't eat much...food's just not my pipe of crack.

But until they invent meal pills, I'm stuck masticating.

G|M

1. Lgali profile image57

thnaks for update

13. Shil1978 profile image88
    Shil1978posted 14 years ago

I can remember things that happened when I was around 4. One image that I remember is me standing at the edge of a playground watching the other kids play - I was a shy child and it was tough for me at that age to make friends. That one image has kinda stuck with me!!

1. Lgali profile image57

4 is early for me

14. Amanda Severn profile image94
    Amanda Severnposted 14 years ago

At not quite two, I remember listening to my Mum's tummy to see if I could hear my little sister 'playing football'. I also remember playing with an elasticated string of ducks stretched across the pram. I was probably about a year old.

15. lawretta profile image61
    lawrettaposted 14 years ago

I remember and loved when i was 19 in college, it was fun!!!

16. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I definitely remember pre-school. I'm not sure about before that. So I guess 3/4 years old? I had a crush named Max who was in my class. The playground had wood chips that always got stuck in my shoes. My teacher had a gold tooth. I got sick at my preschool "graduation" and threw up at the restaurant afterwards.

1. Lgali profile image57

thnaks for the info I can only go back to 6

17. trish1048 profile image68
    trish1048posted 14 years ago

Two years old, going to pick up my brother who had been living with our grandmother.

18. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I get flashes of when I was a baby...really. I swear I remember lying in a crib with people standing around me; also another one being in a crib and seeing butterflies flying around me (my wallpaper was butterflies). But, after that I really don't have any memories before 5.

19. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I remember back when my parents where moving and I was standing on my mother's lap. I remember a bridge and when I told mom about it, she told me I was 18 months old, and she remembered that was the move from the midwest to the west coast.

20. profile image0
    LAmatadoraposted 14 years ago

I have a scary memory of being a baby in my great grandmas house in San Diego and being in my play pen...and being picked up but no one was there...and then being sat back down in the play pen and then my mom came and picked me up...weird!!! (( TWILIGHT ZONE))

21. Trekkiemelissa profile image66
    Trekkiemelissaposted 14 years ago

3 for me when I had to have eye surgery.

22. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I remember quite a bit that went on when I was three, and a few things that happened when I was two.

23. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

One event I remember before I was one, but most of my memories start around the age of two and three.  After kindergarten my memories are mostly crystal clear because I always had an obsession with remembering years and dates, so I used to memorize my memories for fun.

24. Pete Maida profile image62
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

I remember standing on a box looking at the snow out of the window.  I must have been three years old because I was four when my brother was born and he was born in September.  I know this memory was before my memory him being born.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)