What Should the One Term President Obama do with the Rest of his Term?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (158 posts)
  1. Mister Veritis profile image60
    Mister Veritisposted 12 years ago

Golf?
    Basketball?
    Poetry Readings?
    Expensive vacations at taxpayer expense?
    Bully additional US Allies?

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You need to find a GOP candidate who can beat PRESIDENT Obama before you declare him one-term.

If you haven't noticed Huchabee decided Obama is unbeatable. The Donald folded after the president ridiculed him. The Newt self-destructed. You got nothing - and that's sad.

Mister Veritisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There is plenty of time.

He will be a one term president. If he isn't the nation is doomed. It cannot withstand another four years of daily damage from this president.

1. oldhorse profile image60
          oldhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think Obama is a good president, and I would be happy to have him serve a bunch more terms.

But, "it is still the economy, stupid!"

The economy that the republicans trashed with
              'less government' which left Wall Street free to produce a bubble that burst.

All the GOP candidates (so far) are advocating the very policies that created the economic mess.

And you pretend the bad economy is a reason to return to bad policies?

We simply do not agree on what caused the problem to begin with. I argue that it was the democratic congresses coercion of banks to lend money to people who were never going to pay it back. Economic justice, anyone.
                You argue that is was the free market. So no meeting of the mids is possible. Fortunately, I am right and you are wrong. So neither of us is any worse off.  smile

1. John Holden profile image60
                  John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Rot, everybody knows it was Gordon Brown who caused the global meltdown of the money markets.

2. profile image0
                  Texasbetaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No we don't. I explained it to you in detail, told you where to start your search, and you agreed to do so. There is not a disagreement on how this happened, just a lack of information by the parties questioning it.

I agree to do the research, and I shall publish an article in due time. I have not accepted that you are right. I only agreed to be willing to have my mind changed should it turn out you are right.

We disagree.

2. profile image0

HEY THERE Veritis...I smashed your "its the economy stupid" argument already, and you admitted that you were going to research it to find out if I was correct. You can't honestly pursue truth and post the same thing before you have addressed the aforementioned issue. I have shown you plenty of times that the economy is actually quite impressive, though the infrastructure with regards to financial instruments are unstable, but being Republican, you love those anyway. Don't be a kid and keep playing the line when you haven't learned about it yet. I expect more from you seeker

Hi to you too. I am well along in two projects. One is a debt timeline. The other is, well, let's keep that secret for a moment.

Sure I can. It is easy. I didn't say you are right. I just said I will keep an open mind while I build my case to demolish you. :-)

Well, no. It is not strong. It is anemic. It takes time to build a solid case that reasonable people will review and accept.

Why do you believe I am Republican? Doesn't it seem rather unlikely?

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
                  Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You have me mixed up with someone else. I haven't posted anything on this thread. ???

You are right. Texasbeta. Looks like a cut and paste error. My apologies.

2. Paul Wingert profile image60
          Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your convinced that Obama is a one term president? Are you psychic or something? The Republicans are having a hard time coming up with a contender with any ounce of credibility.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image60
        Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Republican party is empty of worthwhile candidates save one, and even I know that the powers that be won't let him be elected in our corrupted "democratic republic".

Vote for Ron Paul.

1. profile image0

YEAH! Vote for the guy who wants to eliminate meat inspectors, by the spokesman on Hub Pages who believes the South should have won the Civil War. Know your sources people

3. DannyMaio profile image60
        DannyMaioposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Another Untrue response!

First Huckabee withdrew because he makes millions of dollars with his show! why would he lose that? I wouldn't and doubt you would also. Trump another getting paid 20M for apprentice! and he was not ridiculed, Obama actually produced something because of him! Newt never had a chance anyway. As you know it is way to early and as you are aware of the A$$ whipping from the last election, IT is getting even worse! And Obama just imploded with Israel and just lost the Jewish vote and Even Ed Koch said he was voting GOP in 2012! The economy is in the tank he had over 2 1/2 years and made things worse! Also look at all the dems from Pelosi and Reid states getting waivers for Obama care. If it was so wonderful why all these waivers and from their constituents? Please people are aware and not saying much because everyone knows when you go against this fool all you people start with the racism BS. The majority of the people will make the right choice in 2012 before we go over a cliff. You did not think you would get beat that bad last election...watch the next one!

2. Mister Veritis profile image60
    3. Mister Veritis profile image60
    4. Mister Veritis profile image60
    5. Mister Veritis profile image60

Dutchman says, "Take a crash course on what it means to really be American."
        I like that.

6. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You were wrong about the whole rapture thing too...

Some people never learn.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60

Dude, the rapture DIDN'T happen?!!?

... i must've been REALLY drunk....

(jk)

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Actually it did, the news just hasn't reached you folks in Montana yet.  There are downsides to declaring yourself a sovereign citizen...

Has anyone checked on church lady?

1. DTR0005 profile image59
              DTR0005posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh yeah... she's alive and well.

Hmmm, quandary. I cannot recall ever having an opinion on "the whole rapture thing". The ending of the world as we know it is roughly the same as "jobs created or saved".

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
          Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm.  Who did you cast your vote for in the last presidential election?  smile

I did not vote. The choice was between a liberal democrat destroying the nation quickly or a republican in name only destroying the nation, only slower. I opted for destruction by the liberal.

You didn't vote? LOLOLOLOLOL! lol  Why am I not surprised?  But yet you cast aspersions on those who at least made an effort to participate in our system.

I would bet you probably voted for Dubya twice!  Or did you decide he wasn't worthy either?  Tell us who you did vote for in the past unless you've never voted at all.  Show us how decisive you have been and how great your chosen candidates performed, if you expect to have any credibility here.

In other words-tell us why your opinion is worthy of being heard!

You may chose to read and respond to my opinions, or not. You will have to draw your judgments in the usual way. I suggest you read my posts for their entertainment value. That way you will get something from them. The more discerning may chose another path.

Why are you afraid to answer?  Or do you merely want to ask questions, not answer them?  I'm sorry I frightened you.  Carry on with your little agenda.  I won't try to play with you anymore if you wish.  lol

I do not recall seeking your permission.

2. profile image0

I love irony

2. nightwork4 profile image60
              nightwork4posted 12 years agoin reply to this

like Canadians who wrap off about bad politicians, i love when people can't even be bothered to vote but still think they should have the right to degrade our leaders. if you don't exercise your right to vote, isn't it kind of lame to exercise your right to freedom of speach. voting is what gave you that right.

I see. Because I made the choice not to vote for the slow path to ruin over the fast track I cannot participate?

I believe it is better for future nations to view the destruction of this nation, in this time, by a democratic president than by a Republican In Name Only. Had the RINO, Mr. McCain, done the damage it would have meant the end of conservatism although he is not conservative. Given that Mr. Obama is taking us to ruin faster it is my hope that people will see that democrats cannot be trusted with running anything, anywhere, anytime.

Sure you can participate, just not very effectively.  You're afraid to admit you voted for Dubya, probably twice if your arguments are any indication of your political beliefs, but feel free to deny it unless you are still too frightened.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61

What does "veritis" mean?

Isn't it obvious, Ron?  It's merely an anagram of the word "revisit".  Any idea what this would refer to?  lol

That is very clever. I shall use it in the future.

Feel free, you do seem a bit originality challenged!  smile

2. DIYweddingplanner profile image77
              DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Three guesses, Randy...and remember the first two don't count.  smile

Veritis was the name of a company I started back in the 90s. The three of us who started it wanted "Veritas" but that was already taken.
            Veritas was the goddess of truth. Veritis, means I am truth or I speak truth.

1. profile image0

Actually, it would mean that you call yourself a name that means truth in Latin. Anyone on here realizes that you are neither Truth nor do you typically speak truth (or write in this case).

1. maven101 profile image71
                maven101posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You need to relax...have a glass of wine, my friend...In Vino Veritas...

7. GNelson profile image61
      GNelsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Prepare for his second term.

8. uncorrectedvision profile image62
      uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He should do what he has been doing since the first day.  Have more parties, play more basketball, play more golf, make more speeches about himself and "secretly" name call the opposition more than any sitting president ever has.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne … -Bush.html

And that is in just one quarter the time in office.

9. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well if I was him I would be making sure that I'm not a one time President. Let's face it, he can easily join the lecture circuit and make himself millions.smile

We want to help him get on that lecture circuit early. One term ought to do it.

2. uncorrectedvision profile image62

I actually wonder if Barry could make millions as a lecturer or speaker.  If he keeps his speech writers and his teleprompter technician than perhaps.

10. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 12 years agoin reply to this

At least Obama holds the book the right way up when he reads a book for a photoshoot!

We can be glad of that.

11. AnnCee profile image67
      AnnCeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Travel!!   Live it up as much as possible!   

Who's going to pay him big bucks later since he's been such an abysmal failure.

Make hay while the sun shines, dude. . .

2. ForkArtJunkie profile image61
    ForkArtJunkieposted 12 years ago

I wonder if he has any chance of getting another Nobel Peace prize before leaving office?

That is a great idea. The first one indicates that one need not actually accomplish anything. I think he could swing another.

He need some advice from former prez B. Clinton on how to shake down people for his prez Libary.  :-)

1. bgamall profile image69
        bgamallposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You have to understand that the new financial order controls both parties. However, Republicans want to kick start securitization and bad lending sooner than the Dems who are not happy with the destruction of the middle class. The Republicans don't care.

Are you wealthy Veritis? If you aren't, supporting Republicans who want more predatory loans faster than the Dems is folly. I have a best selling ebook that explains that both parties were culpable in the first ponzi crash but the Republicans are pushing to attack the middle class a second time in the near future if they can figure out how to bypass bad foreclosure behavior by the banks.

Do you make money posting talking points here? We had another who just left.

President Obama refers to me as a millionaire and billionaire. I think that refers to anyone who earns more than 100K per year.

Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac? Community Reinvestment Act? Those were Republican?

I see. Democrats hurt the nation really, really badly. Then them wascally wepublicans will too if they can just figure out how. Cool

Why would Republicans do this? Is your argument that banks should not have the benefit of law? Banks should not be able to claim the property if the loan is defaulted upon? Do you also agree that other sorts of bank robbers should not be prosecuted?

How nice of you to ask. Can one make money posting here? Share your secret.

1. bgamall profile image69

No, over 250k. Get your facts straight. I have been here for over two years and am a writer here. But there have been folks posting talking points that get paid. Just wondering.

You have two hubs and joined 4 weeks ago so some of us are skeptical.

You might be interested to know that Bachus, congressman from Alabama is leading the charge to do away with the Volcker rule so the banksters can gamble with more leverage. Since Jefferson County was victim of bankster crap CDO's I am surprised that you love Wall Street so much, like Bachus.

Tough to do. I have memories about how president Obama changed his definition every week;
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-SavgJl … re=related

About what? I spent the first two weeks reading all of the hubs about how to create articles to generate income. Is the rule that one must create one new hub each week in order to be legitimate? Or does it take two hubs. You have been on at least 104 weeks. You have 178 hubs. So if the requirement is for two hubs for week to be legitimate you are way short. I have only a little bit to get there.

I read the Volker Plan. In looks like we have a disagreement between us. I read the plan as the government telling banks they may not invest their own money to make a profit. The Volker Plan would prohibit proprietary trading. Proprietary trading (also "prop trading" or PPT) occurs when a firm trades stocks, bonds, currencies, commodities, their derivatives, or other financial instruments, with the firm's own money as opposed to its customers' money, so as to make a profit for itself. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proprietary_trading) Awesome. Once again we see tyranny at work.

2. bgamall profile image69

As far as banks are concerned: if they can prove they own the note let them foreclose. If they can't find the note or it has not been properly transfered, let them be charged under RICO laws and be thrown in jail as they have lied to the courts.

A tactic of the left. How fitting.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image60

"My fellow Americans, Today I nuked Beijing. After taking such bold action, the Nobel Peace Prize committee awarded me the award for helping people... WTF?"

3. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

lol, love the opening comment, but like the 2nd in line said; who right now is viable against him. The GOP is a mess right now, not good

as for what he should do?  Take a crash course on what it means to really be American

4. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

"Take a crash course on what it means to really be American"

Which in veritis case means electing Netanyahu to be president of the United States.....

The whole Congress needs a crash course...and they just might get it wink

5. Moderndayslave profile image59
    Moderndayslaveposted 12 years ago

This was taken from a Wikipedia definition of Treason but seems to fit some so well if you pay attention to the word NATION.

"Outside legal spheres, the word "traitor" may also be used to describe a person who betrays (or is accused of betraying) their own political party, nation, family, friends, ethnic group, team, religion, social class, or other group to which they may belong. Often, such accusations are controversial and disputed, as the person may not identify with the group of which they are a member, or may otherwise disagree with the group leaders making the charge. See, for example, race traitor."

6. lovemychris profile image76

Very intersting this Cult that has shown itself to have lots of power here in our country.....OUR country. Everybody.

But it seems to be unraveling.
    I look for much more propagadizing and desperate attempts to twist the truth....but sorry--

Nothing like reality to bring you back to it.

You can defend the indefensible 24/7...it doesn't change the truth.

Mea Culpa....mea mea culpa. It's the only way.

7. hottopics profile image61
    hottopicsposted 12 years ago

Cry that he blew it

No, that was Ms. Lewinsky...

8. profile image50
    georgetilyouposted 12 years ago

he should contunue doing what hes being paid for to be the president.  i didnt vote for him i really dont like him but i think hes doing the best he can. let him continue.

Of course. Just not for much longer. I wish him a speedy retirement.

9. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

So we've "graduated" from birthers to one-termers, eh?
    Any of you care to put your money where your mouth is?
    Probably against HP terms of use, never mind.

Still, for a party with no star (rising or otherwise) on the horizon, you seem pretty cocksure.
    Who among the mostly motley crew of GOP declarers do you foresee taking Obama down?
    Go ahead. Tell me.
    But please give me some warning so I can remove any liquids from my mouth. I hate when coffee snorts out my nose. Don't you? lol lol lol

Mitch Daniels was their one chance, and even he realized the futility of any Republican running against Obama.

We haven't forgotten W yet; he's put Republican hopes of occupying the White House on ice for the foreseeable future.

Okay. Warning. Ready? One...two...three!
      Any conservative can beat president Obama. The primary process will decide who that is.
      All bets are off if the Republican Party nominates another Republican-In-Name-Only. After all, why vote for socialism lite when you can vote for president Obama and get the real thing?

Obama,  a socialist!
        You really have lost the plot haven't you?

1. uncorrectedvision profile image62

You are so right.  Obama's administration has given a big wet kiss to GE, GM, Chrysler, Goldman/Sachs, various other financial institutions, "green companies," the medical insurance industry and many of the millionaires and billionaires who bought him early in his campaign.  Hardly a socialist more like a fascist.

I am confused by European socialists anyway.  Don't they seek to live in the lap of luxury as purchased by great NGOs and UN backed programs collecting vast tax sums and living like kings while relegating large portions of their potential work force to the dole?

1. profile image52
            33rdn8thposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think the term that you are trying to use is plutocrat.  Obama, by giving :a big wet kiss to" large corporatons, would be a plutocrat, not a fascist.  I think our proven lack of understanding of political and social systems is proof enough that there should be atleast a moratorium on anyone who uses them incorrectly. 

America is a plutocracy, both parties, albeit in slightly different ways, are both plutocratic.  Especially since the Dems have come to the "center" over the past 3 decades, only to see the repubs move the goal posts further right.  Most folks don't realize, and even less would be willing to come to grips with this one fact, Obama is far right of Richard Nixon, and Bush 41, and still slightly right of Reagan.  Look no further than tax policy and military spending.   

If tax levels were raised to 1987 levels and military spending reduced in real dollars to that same level, there would be no need to kill medicare, or drastically alter spending for that matter.

And so the sun rises in the west...

1. thebrucebeat profile image59
                thebrucebeatposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's not a response.  It's an avoidance.

Yeah. Not everything is worth responding to.

Nor is everyone capable.

Fascism applies because it is based on centralized power over businesses ostensibly allowed some control over it operations.  Sounds like Obamanomics to me.  Government, business and unions planning the course of the economy with government providing some central direction and control - that doesn't sound like Obamanomics to you?

Those hucksters who predict the end of the world keep similar excuses at the ready for the day their predictions don't materialize.

You have learned well Turf Smoker...

Time to leave

You mean like the new ice age/global warming/global climate change crowd.  The world was supposed to be suffocating by now because of Amazonian deforestation and the death of the oceans.  Dooms day cults are to be found everywhere and now the biggest best financed and most influential is lead by Gaia's avatar - Al Gore.

1. Mighty Mom profile image77
            Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is it just coincidence then that the world has experienced highly abnormal weather patterns and catastrophic events recently?
            Earthquakes. Check.
            Flooding. Check.
            Uber-Tsunamis.Check.
            Tornadoes. Check.
            Melting ice caps. Check.
            Record heat in some countries. Check.
            Record wetness and snow in other places. Check.

Oh right. There MUST be a biblical explanation for all of this.

These things have never happened before?  These things never happened long before the internal combustion engine?  Whole civilizations have been destroyed by volcanic eruptions.  There is nothing new here just because we are experiencing them in our life time does not mean there is something catastrophic happening.  But then again Al Gore says so so it must be. And what in god's name makes you think I am a bible thumper?

The thing is that we are experiencing a lot of 100 year, or even longer, events in a very short period of time.
                I went through the first 50 years of my life seeing very few cataclysmic events but in the last ten years I've seen plenty.
                Can you say for certain that these extremes are not influenced by man's actions?

I challenge this. Personally seen? Very unlikely. On April 27th, just a few miles from where I live tornadoes destroyed more than 200 lives and hundreds of millions of dollars worth of wealth. Had I not had the benefit of technologies to bring the storm to me I would have never know about it. For me it would not have happened. So it is that our awareness has increased, rather than the events themselves.

Yes. We are not gods nor demi-gods.

Exactly, we aren't gods or demi-gods therefore we cannot absolve ourselves from all responsibility.

Yes, absolutely and unequivocally, yes.

How?

Unless of course you do blind faith.

The research you conduct before submitting a forum response is just as impressive as that exhibited in your hubs.

Right back at you.

2. Mighty Mom profile image77

Ron. *gotcha*
              Did you think we wouldn't notice that you changed your avatar from a monkey to a black kid???*
              Just because it's subtle doesn't mean it's not typical liberal racism.
              You libbies are all the same.
              roll

*Yes, I do know who that is. You rascal lol

Eddie Murphy?

Eddie Murphy is black?

Don't tell me, let me guess. You and lovemychris, you are the same person aren't you? If you should happen to add value with a comment I shall respond to it. Otherwise, not so much.

3. uncorrectedvision profile image62

As ever those who vote in the primary will decide who will run against the incumbent and who will win the presidential contest.  Obama is hardly a shoe in.

Half right.
        Those who vote in the GOP primary will determine who faces Obama in the general election.
        They will not determine who wins the general election.
        That will be determined by ALL those who vote in November 2012.

No, Obama is not a shoe in.
        But the clock is ticking for the GOP to decide what it wants to be when it grows up. And it has to grow up in a big fat hurry if it wants to have a shot at the WH in 2012.

Why is it that everyone is running like the plague from Ryan's budget plan? Where has all that frenetic TP energy gone????

More than one quality candidate has announced late according to the conventional wisdom.  The American electorate decided a long time ago that we are finished as a free people when they kept reelecting FDR.  We are finished no matter who gets elected.  It is just a matter of how soon.  The Democrats want to finish us now and the Republicans want to put off the end but not eliminate it. 

There is no indication from either party that they understand what is at stake.

10. ForkArtJunkie profile image61
    ForkArtJunkieposted 12 years ago

I hope he takes more pictures of Bo. It seems like when he first got Bo, he was publishing pics of him all the time. Now, not so much. I don't even see Bo. Has anyone seen Bo lately?

11. thebrucebeat profile image59
    thebrucebeatposted 12 years ago

Mister Veritis,
    I encourage you to bone up on the tremendous impact Phil Gramm had on the process of ruining our economy.  Within 8 years of his dismantling the protections that were adopted during the Great Depression, we teetered on the edge of another.   The de-regulator in chief almost single handedly brought the worlds largest economy to its knees.  His work made derivatives possible, Enron's accounting shenanigans to nearly melt down California's economy.
    Look into it.
    As for the republican prospects for 2012, you have a serious dilemma on your hands.  The party has decided that running is simply not allowed unless you are in support of the Ryan plan, but the people that elect presidents, the independents, are squarely against it.  You may be right that a hard core conservative may get past the primary season, but that will doom the party in the general election.  We saw far right wing candidates assume they were on the assension and were instead shown the door in Nevada, Delaware and in the gubernatorial race in New York.  The Ryan plan has been rejected by 80% of the public in polls taken by firms usually quoted by the conservatives.  That's a Rasmussen number.
    You may hate the majority of your fellow Americans and their dedication to the health and care of the elderly and impoverished among us, but that won't get you votes.  You're a vocal minority that have the party running scared, and you will kill them.
    So rage on.  You keep the Republicans marching toward the edge of the cliff, and you will push them off.  Obama won't need to win the next election.
    He will simply accept it as a gift from you.

Hear, hear (or is it here, here? I can never remember)!!
      Well stated, sir.

The biggest problem the Republican'ts have is that they are the Republican'ts.
      They can only define themselves as against everything Obama is for. They are not for anything positive.
      It's tough to be against policies that people like and want.

I feel sorry for Romney. Imagine implementing a healthcare plan in your state and being forced by your own stupid party to denounce it even if it's effective?

Thanks Mom.

I am preparing an article to compare and contrast the last several dozen years of this nation's economic history. I shall invite people to come read it once it is published.

That's mighty white of you!  lol

1. DIYweddingplanner profile image77
          DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. thebrucebeat profile image59

If Mr. Gramm does not play a prominent role in your missive, you will announce yourself as an agenda driven hack.
        So I am certain he will be well represented.

You know, when I was evaluating the attack at Pearl Harbor I read what I could find about the Russo-Japanese war of 1905. Here it is, The Tide at Sunrise by Denis and Peggy Warner. The book's binding is broken. It was given as a gift from one Major in the US Army to another, with the inscription, "With hope that you can impart your love of history to the cadets at West Point."
          If the thread takes me there It will. If not. It won't.

If you have even a shred of credibility, it will.
            We will be watching.
            What the rest of your post had to do with anything at all is anyones guess.
            Rhetorical masturbation.

Which leads to hypothetical blindness.

He is a funny guy!  But there aren't 2000 books in all of Alabama!  lol

I have more than that in my house. This is a very educated place. We have more people with Masters degrees and PhDs per capita then anywhere in the US. But it is not for everyone.

District of Columbia is number one, Massachusetts number 2.
                    Alabama is 33.
                    http://www.statemaster.com/graph/edu_pe … ced-degree
                    And yet you are ignorant of Phil Gramm and unable to discuss him and his influence on the economic meltdown of our country?
                    Sounds like a limited library.

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

Me too!  Plus add a few thousand paperbacks into the mix and I am a reading son-of-a-bitch!  My tally is well over 10,000 books read so far!  Not counting comic books(Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin,etc.)!

When you reach 6000 we'll talk!  smile

No need to guess. I follow the threads of the story where they lead me. In the case of Pearl Harbor it lead to the Russo-Japanese war of 1905. The roots of the later attack could be found in the earlier, successful attack.
              So it will be with this minor enterprise.

If you have to search for Phil Gramm's influence, you are an agenda blinded clown.

3. Mister Veritis profile image60

Rage? Not from me. Everything I do is with good humor and good cheer.

Yeah, we loved the cheerful way you advocated that Israel should nuke her enemies. You are a barrel of laughs.

Did I say that? I think you are misinterpreting what I actually said. I am grateful that Israel has nuclear weapons and the will to use them. Nuclear weapons give her enemies cause for pause.

12. maven101 profile image71
    maven101posted 12 years ago

There simply are no conditions under which Barak Obama can be defeated in 2012.

Nine percent unemployment?  No problem.  Obama will win.
    Gas prices moving toward five dollars a gallon?  He still wins.
    The economy soars or goes into the gutter.  Obama wins.
    War in the Middle East ?  He wins a second term.
    America's role as the leading Superpower disappears?  Hurrah for Barack Obama!
    The U.S government rushes toward bankruptcy, the dollar continues to sink on world markets and the price of daily goods and services soars due to inflation fueled by Obama's extraordinary deficit spending?  Obama wins handily.

You are crazy Maven.  Don't you understand how volatile politics can be when overall economic, government, and world conditions are declining?  Sure I do.  And that's why I know Obama will win.
    The American people are notoriously ignorant of economics.   Even when Obama's policies lead the nation to final ruin, the majority of the American people are going to believe the bait-and-switch tactics Obama and his supporters in the media will use to explain why it isn't his fault. Simply blame Bush.

Obama's reelection is really a very simple mathematical calculation.  Consider the following:
    1) Blacks will vote for Obama blindly.  Period.  Doesn't matter what he does. It's a race thing.
    2) College educated women will vote for Obama. Though they will be offended by this, they swoon at his oratory.  It's really not more complex than that,
    3) Liberals will vote for Obama.  He is their last great hope,
    4) Democrats will vote for Obama.  He is the leader of their party and his coattails will carry them to victory nationwide,
    5) Hispanics will vote for Obama.  He is the path to citizenship for those who are illegal, and Hispanic leaders recognize the political clout they carry in the Democratic Party,
    6) Union members will vote overwhelmingly for Obama.  He is their key to money and power in state and local politics,
    7) Big Business will support Obama.  They already have.  He has almost $1 Billion dollars in his reelection purse gained largely from his connections with Big Business and is gaining more every day.  Big Business loves Obama because he gives them access to taxpayer money, so long as they support his social and political agenda,
    8) The media love him.  They may attack the people who work for him, but they love him.  After all, to not love him would be racist,
    9) Most other minorities and special interest groups will vote for him. Jews, Muslims, Native Americans, and most homosexuals  will not vote Republican.
    10) Historically, half of independents will vote Democratic.

The President, proudly wearing no clothes, will win an overwhelming victory in 2012.

May be a new record for most idiotic vitriol in a single post.

Well done sir.

Its called troll bait, my friend...Looks like I just caught one...

Meaning you don't believe any of your own B.S.

At least that's something...

2. John Holden profile image60

Traditionally American Muslims vote republican, 78% in 2000.
      Since then republican policies have driven many away to vote democrat.

Such as...?

Such as what?

Policies perhaps, look at GW Bush and his anti Muslim rhetoric for a start.

Nope...Anti-Islamo/Fascist, anti-terrorist maybe, but not anti-Muslim...
            Anisa Abdul Fattal of the United Association for Studies and Research, the Council on American-Islamic Relations media director Ibrahim Hooper, and Rafik Jabr of the Islamic Institute have praised Bush for his tolerant approach to Muslim/American relations.
            The tacit support of the Islamo/Fascist terrorists by " moderate " Muslims is glaringly apparent. New Jersey Muslims singing in the streets on 9-11, Michigan Muslims waving green jihadist flags, and the long silence of the Muslim hierarchy in condemning these terrorist acts.
            Nope...It wasn't GW's policies that moved the Muslims into the democratic fold...It was simply a perception, widely pushed by the liberal media, that they would get a better deal voting for democratic politicians...typical block voting in pursuit of gaining power and influence...

A pretty sound idea for an oppressed minority wouldn't you say?

Oppressed minority..? you might make that claim in Palestine but not in America....Muslims do not assimilate into another culture...Look at the " honor " killings and tell me who's being oppressed...

1. DannyMaio profile image60

he will not answer that one! good job! He may avoid or spin it...watch!

2. John Holden profile image60

Do all or even any, American Muslims still carry out honour killings?

1. DannyMaio profile image60

About 4,190,000 results (0.22 seconds)

Muslim Honor Killings in America – Wave of the Future?
                        Aug 7, 2010 ... You make it sound like there's a lot of Muslim honor killings in the US, “wave of the future,” you said “it's happening in frightening ...
                        www.dakotavoice.com/.../muslim-honor-ki … he-future/ - Similar
                        ►
                        Atlas Shrugs: Honor Killings: Islam Misogyny
                        We have long suspected the cover-up of Islamic honor killings in America. I have tried for years to determine how many young Muslim girls died in the US, ...
                        atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/.../honor_killings_islam_misogyny/ - Cached - Similar
                        'Honor killings' in USA raise concerns - USATODAY.com
                        Nov 29, 2009 ... Muslim immigrant men have been accused of six "honor killings" in the United States in the past two years, prompting concerns that the ...
                        www.usatoday.com/.../2009-11-29-honor-k … e-US_N.htm - Cached - Similar
                        Muslim Honor Killings in the USA - Op-Eds - Israel National News
                        Jan 29, 2011 ... The Politically Incorrect (and Life Saving) Truth About Muslim-on-Muslim Honor Killings.
                        www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/9958 - Cached
                        Honor Killing in Texas - HUMAN EVENTS
                        Jan 8, 2008 ... Now that honor killing has come to Texas, Muslim spokesmen in the U.S. have an all the more urgent responsibility to end their denial and ...
                        www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=24329 - Cached - Similar
                        Honor killing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                        Other examples include the killing of Tulay Goren, a Kurdish Shia Muslim girl who immigrated with her .... Main article: Honor killing in the United States ...
                        en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing - Cached - Similar
                        Islam Watch - "“Honor Killing” is Absolutely Islamic" by Syed ...
                        Jul 1, 2005 ... In 1986 this kind of honor killing did happen in the United States of America in an Arab Muslim family. In 2003 honor killing happened in ...
                        www.islam-watch.org/SyedKamranMirza/honor_killing.htm - Cached - Similar
                        MORE MUSLIM Honor Killings in America « Bare Naked Islam
                        May 22, 2011 ... Of course, the family tries to lie about it and convince us it has nothing to do with Islam even though honor killings are very much a part ...
                        barenakedislam.wordpress.com/.../more-muslim-honor-killings-in-america/
                        The Dallas Muslim Honor Killings & ICE: I Correctly Called It ...
                        Jan 3, 2008 ... First, this isn't the first Muslim honor killing in America. I've been writing about these for years on this site and elsewhere, ...
                        www.debbieschlussel.com/.../the-dallas- … lications/ - Cached - Similar
                        Fox News Reporting: Honor Killing in America - Specials - FOXNews.com
                        Aug 13, 2010 ... Honor killings are when a father, husband or brother kills a wife, ... Nations has found such murders are all too common in Muslim lands. ...
                        www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,598689,00.html - Cached - Similar

1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9     10     Next

2. maven101 profile image71

John...We just had one here in Arizona...Father ran his daughter down because she would dare to have a non-Muslim boyfriend...Yeah, it's happening all over America...Minnesota, Michigan, New York, and Florida have been in the news recently...

13. lovemychris profile image76

"New Jersey Muslims singing in the streets on 9-11"

I heard it was 3 Israeli "art students" who were caught celebrating, and filming the event as well.
    They were brought to the police station. Know what they said? "We are not your problem. Our problems are your problems. the Palestinians are your problem."

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum … 488877/pg3

watch the Fox Video!!!
    Israeli Art Students -- 9/11 connection

an eye-witness who saw them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRfhUezb … dded#at=24

Bush caught lying about 9/11
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm73wOuPL60&NR=1

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)