Will Muslim and Budhist people go to heaven?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (76 posts)
  1. crystolite profile image64
    crystoliteposted 12 years ago

I would really like to know if Muslims and Budhist people go to heaven because since Christianity says that one can't go to Heaven unless they believe in Jesus. I have a Muslim and a Budhist friend and these guys are more righteous than most Christains i know and i don't want them to go to hell just because they are not Christians.

1. Greg Sage profile image41
      Greg Sageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And the lesson you're learning from this is....?

2. CARIBQUEEN profile image64
      CARIBQUEENposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do not think we have any authority on who goes to heaven and who goes to hell. We just try to assume from our various religious readings.   'Our heavenly status' is left up to God - let us just wait and see ( that is if we get there ourselves).

1. Richieb799 profile image74
        Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good point, its all down to how you interpret it, the bible also tells Christians 'Thou shalt not judge', so by telling others they will go to hell aren't they themselves disobeying god?

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

The gospel of John, chapter 3, is pretty explicit on this.  You will go to heaven if and only if you believeth in him.  Righteousness and actions do not matter; only belief does. 

They will go to hell instead.

crystoliteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's not fair.....is the Christain God a gangster God? so God is basically threatning us to believe or we go to hell. sad

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes.  The Christian God portrayed in the Holy Bible is a gangster, much given to evil actions and with little or no morals.  He is an angry and psychotic child, demanding His way and providing punishment of death and Hell whether He gets it or not.

Few Christians believe this of course; rather their God is one of love and kindness.  All that needs be done is to ignore half the writings of His prophets and saints, while "interpreting" the remainder to say what is needed to produce that God of love. 

If you wish to believe differently that what is very plainly stated then ignore it and make up your own rules for salvation.  It may not happen but at least you will die feeling good that your friends will be in Heaven.  It is the Christian way, after all.

2. Dolores Monet profile image95
      Dolores Monetposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, so you are in charge of who goes to heaven and who goes to hell?

Certainly not I, Dolores!  I merely repeat the words of John, whom is said to have gotten them from God.

Were it up to me we could all go to heaven.  Except perhaps the spammers filling HubPages with garbage. smile

3. Friendlyword profile image61
      Friendlywordposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Righteousness and actions do not matter; only belief does.

I HOPE THE IS  A CHILDISH JOKE FROM A CHILD.

1. recommend1 profile image60
        recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

No - it is a childish joke from the bible

What reommend1 said.

Nevertheless, the third chapter of the book of John in the Christian bible has numerous references to just this.  Over and over it is repeated that belief in God (Christ) is not only necessary for an admittance ticket to heaven, but is the ONLY thing necessary.

Of course, it is often twisted by the fundies to the effect that if you believe in God you will somehow automatically do only good things.  Flawed logic at best; human beings are pretty well known for doing what they want to, not what they know is right.  A quick look at the statistics of sexual affairs will show this pretty clearly.

3. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hay friendly   ...    hope all is good for YA

4. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think it depends upon who we are talking to, when we say that which we say.

When I say something that is a truth ...  spoken to a 16 year old daughter,  might not be true for a four year old son.

I may have two sons of the same age, but depending upon the personality of each;  what is truth spoken for one may not apply or the other.

Why wouldn't the same apply to diferent groups of people.

One of my sons loved school, playing football, and good grades.

My other son loved working in manuel labor, sweeting and having a geter Done attitude.

Of course I carried a different dialogue with them both.

It is written that Jesus spoke these words to the Hebrew people,   Where is it written that Jesus couldn't make whatever kind of deal with some other group of people.

Is your morgage deal exactly the same as that of your neighbors?

Did your brother and your sister have the same set of rules to follow from your parents prospective.   Of course they didn't.

Jesus said to the Hebrew people who had broken their covenant with God that Jesus was the only way past their transgression.   And also for anyone else who chooses this path.

Is Jesus the only path to rightiousness?
      For those that he was talking to, Yes!   

All them other folks?   I am sure that a way was provided.

I'm sorry, Jarami, but that smacks of the very twisting of words I mentioned above. 

The Holy Bible was put together by gentiles (under direction from God) for use by gentiles.  And, I suppose, heathen non-believers.  It was not written solely for use by Hebrews.

While Jesus did give a few directions for living a good life, he never (that I am aware of) gave any other explicit directions on what was needed to enter heaven.   Remembering that Jesus came to save all peoples, not just the Jews, I can only conclude that His directions applied equally to all people regardless of who the actual listeners at the time were. 

You (and I) gave our different children different rules, but we did not communicate the same rules to both and then expect one to follow different, unstated, rules. 

Your explanation would seem to indicate that God has done just that by providing the world with His Holy Word, but that road can only lead to madness and disappointment.  Unreasonable in the extreme.

5. twobmad profile image61
      twobmadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yeah... you should read the bible as a whole. if you take a scripture portion out of context, you will be misled.

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Yes, according to a post from a believer a couple of weeks ago. Heaven is segregated. Each religion gets their own piece of it.

No. According to many posts I've seen by believers. The only way to heaven is through Christ.

Yes. According to some believers. Everybody good gets in.

No. According to some believers. Only their particular sect goes to heaven. Buddhists, Muslims, atheists and all other Christians are out of luck.

Take your pick. Just don't tell anybody. It's bound to start an argument. Everyone appears to have a different opinion, backed up by the infallible word of god.

4. knolyourself profile image58
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

"Heaven is segregated. Each religion gets their own piece of it." If it's just like here why go to heaven, and what the sense of being here. Apparently no one learned anything.

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know. When I read that, I was shocked that the guy hadn't deleted it once he realized what he had said. It was beyond ludicrous.

5. knolyourself profile image58

'Gangster God' - great one.

6. TMMason profile image59
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

The Millenium of Christ will give all those who have never learned of Christ, the oppurtunity to know and accept or reject him as their Saviour.

1. Evolution Guy profile image58
      Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Right wing fascists get saved? Color me shocked.

1. profile image0

lol lol

2. TMMason profile image59
        TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Keep talking Evo, you show your true self everytime you spout your hate.

7. Dolores Monet profile image95
    Dolores Monetposted 12 years ago

I don't know, but I love Jesus, and I just can't understand how a person can say ' I love Jesus and the rest of you can go to hell.'

I know....it baffles me

8. Dolores Monet profile image95
    Dolores Monetposted 12 years ago

it's mean

9. knolyourself profile image58

According to the late Joseph Campbell,most people in the world don't consider Christianity a religion.

10. Kayte profile image39
    Kayteposted 12 years ago

Someone said that most people don't consider Christianity a religion, that is just silly, Christianity is one of the largest and most well known religions of them all, second God demands belief, he is not asking you for it, like a Father he demands his children to obey him, period. Now as to whether others will be condemned to hell, you won't know what God's decision is on that subject till judgement day regarding Muslims, they believe in one most high God, and they believe in Christ, however they do not attribute him the deity he deserves. However, one of the ten commandments says that you should not worship any image so therefore Buddhist would indeed be in some serious trouble. All however have the opportunity to turn to Christ before it is too late, so whether those people are indeed going to hell is not known to any man, the choice is God's

I personally believe that every religion is like a gang indirectly claiming to be the best or the way, especially christainity. I have read the bible from old to new testament many times and the God in the bible comes across more like a human instead of an all knowing omnipotent God.

11. knolyourself profile image58

"like a Father he demands his children to obey him"
    Just an inquirery: How can one achieve any god-like attributes, by never making decisions, but only obeying orders?

12. Driving Teacher profile image57
    Driving Teacherposted 12 years ago

Christian belief in Jesus to Salvation is rather a mysterious belief. I kind of like wilderness comment though smile

Ok back to the point did you know Muslims believe in Jesus as a mighty prophet of God? The difference is Christianity believe in Jesus as God, a man God.

Muslims believe in the oneness of God and that non of his creations are equal to him and nor does he share any of his attributes. Rather than worry about your muslim friends burning in Hell, have you thought they might be thinking the same about YOU burning in hell?

Ask yourself one simple question, if Jesus is the salvation, what will happen to the nations and prophets that came before Jesus, will they burn in hell? If we are talking about the uniqueness of Jesus being born without a father a miracle, then is not Adam a more special and unique? As he does not have a father or mother!

1. TMMason profile image59

The Prophet of Allah Jesus son of Mary (peace be upon him) will descend at the end of time and judge among the people with justice, following the Law of our Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). He will break the crosses and kill the swine. "ie kill the Jews and Christians." HE shall put an end to the payment of the jizya. He will only accept Islam from the people. The People of the Book, the Jews and Christians, will all believe in him before his death, after he descends at the end of time. Allah has stated, "There is none of the People of the book but must believe in him (as only a Messenger of Allah) before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection, he (Jesus) will be a witness against them." [an-Nisa, 4:159]

http://www.islaam.com/article.aspx?id=77

This is not the same Jesus Christians are waiting on.

Islamic texts categorically deny the idea of crucifixion or death attributed to Jesus by the Bible.[4][19] The Qur'an states that people (i.e., the Jews and Romans) sought to kill Jesus, but they did not crucify nor kill him, although "this was made to appear to them." Muslims believe that Jesus was not crucified but instead, he was raised up by Allah unto the heavens. This "raising" is understood to mean through bodily ascension.

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
      Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-

—Qur'an sura 4 (An-Nisa) ayat 157-158[20]

If jesus was not ressurected, then Christianity is not true. And Islam's main purpose is to replace the corrupted religions of Judaism and Christianity, so if Islam is the true word of God, then all Christians who agreee to such, may as well give up Christianity.

Also, Musliims believe that the face of Jesus was placed on the one carrying the cross for him to the site of the crucifixion, and that, that man was hung up in Jesus' place. So allah would murder an innocent man to remove his jesus from the world alive? That seems to be in contradiction to the God I know, and the message the true jesus preached his entire life.

Just some food for thought on the Islamic Jesus.

2. TMMason profile image59

See my original post to answer your question about those who do not know of Jesus from before his birth.

And Jesus was sinless and having God as his true Father, he is worthy to pay the price incurred by the first man and woman, who were also a direct son and daughter of God, and all us afterwards

13. Joseph Lane profile image61
    Joseph Laneposted 12 years ago

If there is a God, I doubt they are plagued with the petty secular biases as their human creations. So ya, sure, if God exists and if there is a Heaven, I figure an honest and good Buddhist or Muslim has just as good a shot as an honest and good Christian of getting into Heaven.

14. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

We are already in heaven - it is only you christians and Muslims who have to wait for entry until after you kill each other and anyone who disagrees with you, and indigenous peoples, and of course you have to get all that gold for your gods and it seems to help if you are a right wing nut or a paedophile.

1. DangerZone profile image57
      DangerZoneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

so when you die ((and we all are going to die)) it's only a matter of time

where are you going to be when you die out side this heaven as you say ???

what and where are you going to be ??? there is something missing in your words.

I am a MUSLIM and i will talk on what you have said about ISLAM

1- Who are you to talk about ISLAM without knowing and educating it ???

2- I guess that you don't know me so how could you describe all MUSLIMS with hatred and kill anyone who disagrees with us ((MUSLIMS))

If we do, i think you weren't reading my reply and were buried after i kill you ((as you said that Muslims kill anyone disagrees with them))

3- why do every one says that MUSLIMS are terrorists , The ISLAMIC GROUPS in Afghanistan or any other place don't connect with the ISLAMIC religion or rules .  and surely you will not agree with what i have just said .

You will note that I specifically said christians and muslims - I get my information from the psychotic books and actions of both religions over the past 1500 to 2000 years, a history of war, murder and repression.

I have nothing against individual Christians or Muslims practising their beliefs in ways that do not negatively impact on the lives of everyone around them - but both sects seem bent on escalating the hatred and violence orchestrated from their respective books.

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Beautifully put!

I think you just expressed what most un-indoctrinated people feel about these tomes and their insane ramblings.

Thank you for the applause big_smile   but it is not very hard to see all this in perspective from the outside is it ?

1. earnestshub profile image80
              earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are right of course. It is easier from the outside by a long way. smile

2. DangerZone profile image57

Did you get your information of hatred from the QURAN or the HOLY BIBLE ???

when you see those books you will see that they have no hatred

lets get an example :

JEWS in Palestine , do you know how many group murdering for innocent people not in wars ??? ,  then as you said about ISLAM & CHRISTIAN when you read the books of histroy&&&&&.....etc

then i guess i have to say so on JEWS

but don't you think it is injustice to make it for the innocent & guilty people ???

i think that the guilty have to take his punishment but not to punish innocent people because their religion was like the guilty ones !!!

& for your information

the ISLAMIC conquests were to install the ISLAMIC religion and rules among the whole world not as many religions which were for the people in its same place

and there were 3 options in that time
          1-get into islam
          2- not to be a Muslim but pay a fee as the islamic community will protect you and let you live peacefully with your own religion
          3- the war (( this choice was the last one as this was for the enemies of islam who envy and wants to fight and destroy Islam..... and many of non MUSLIMS got into ISLAM because of the kindness and Piety of REAL MUSLIMS, Do you know that the words MERCY, PEACE & COMPASSION are mentioned in the QURAN about 355 times

so what these mean ??? hatred, terrorism??? i guess not and you all can make sure of my words and information and you will know the truth but listen to both sides and not to be in ones side and leave the other

& Thanks reccomend1 for this great conversation hoping that you have got a little bit of information that might help you in the future:)

I like those options, but they really need re-worded slightly for better understanding of what is really being said:

1.  Become a slave to the religion and VIPs of Islam.  Particularly distasteful, of course, to non-muslim women.

2.  Pay "protection" to keep from being destroyed.  The Mafia has been known to require the exact same kind of "fee" to remain in business.  Of course, once you have paid the piper it not only never ends but tends to continually grow.

3.  Go to war to protect themselves against the rabid Muslims requiring that they live according to Islam.

Nice choices!  Personally I will always choose #3 when invaded (by Muslims or anyone else).

1- it is not regular in that time to get into ISLAM and who get into it is fully convinced with

2- I think that where ever you are you pay a fee for the government and it is a high one for your protection, services at the street you walk on and the hospital you get in it when you are sick, even you pay a fee for your home & income .....etc

i am sorry but i will add
              2.1- MUSLIMS already pay something like a fee allover the world called ((ZAKAAT)) this fee is payed yearly
              1)  your money and it is 2.5% of your money or for the price of your properties except your home property
              this is the non-optional ZAKAAT or fee

we have alot of optional-ZAKAAT i cant count them to you because they are alot

BUT i can tell you that these money where are they going to go to ???

The Qur'an mentions eight categories of individuals who qualify to receive Zakaat:
              1. The poor - Fuqara'
              2. Needy - Al-Masakin
              3. Those who collect/distribute Zakat - 'Amileen 'alayha
              4. Those whose hearts are to be won - Mu'allafatu Qulubihim
              5. Those enslaved, to free the captives - Ar-Riqaab
              6. Those in debt - Al Ghaarimeen
              7. In the path of God - Fi sabil Allah
              8. Wayfarer - Ibnul-Sabeel

so what is wrong to get from non-MUSLIMS a fee ??? they live freely with their religion with no need from them to participate in any fight or war or to defend his home , doesn't that deserves a fee like what we are doing right now in our countries ???!!!!!!!

3- i guess that you got it wrong , this option was in the age of ignorance in the Arabian Peninsula, their life in that time was based on wars and of coarse these groups in the Arabian Peninsula was only protecting itself but ISLAM made them to be from enemies to be friends

and what about ISRAEL doesnt it kills innocent men, women,children, and even old-aged people ??? why don't you say that on them ??? ISLAM fought in wars with making their opponents know but ISRAEL made a war but where is the opponents ??? children or women ??? Why don't you say that JEWS are murders ??? because it is really injustice to accuse other JEWS also it is injustice to accuse ISLAM or CHRISTIAN

so please don't be in one side and make the other side the wrong one whatever does he have the right or not  ... and we all don't have the right to accuse any religion because we will never be just even if we did our best , we have GOD who will just between all of us who will punish the guilt ones

1. profile image0

You seem a little testy, so I won't comment on most of your post, but I do want you to know that your statement that your God will punish the guilty ones doesn't give a lot of comfort to me, since I don't believe in your god. It would be nice if religion could stop all of the fighting and give the rest of us a little peace.

Posts like yours don't lead me to believe any of you are interested in trying.

see all my comment and you will answer your question

i meant by guilty ones those who are making murders , i swear i didnt mean any thing else

And i am not advertising for ISLAM or GOD or any other religion

i only try to get you all some information about ISLAM or correct alittle bit of your information about ISLAM

also i will not get benefited whether you get in ISLAM or not

you will not give me money for that

if you want to get to ISLAM so you are welcome & if you not you are also welcome

1. profile image0

I think my point was, all of the religions seem to make you all so very emotional. No wonder you are always fighting. And then, it's as if you imply that it is inevitable; when you say no one can be just. And your god will sort it out. I'm tired of hearing this from all religions. We need to put finding solutions above this argument over god.

#2 option - who were they being protected from?  As the non-muslim in a muslim society, I can only assume that they are being "protected" from muslims.  This is the same protection racket run by the mob - pay me for protection or I will destroy you.

Particularly offensive is that apparently there was no fee nor one needed prior to muslims moving in.  At that point protection somehow became necessary.  Again, a typical protection racket.

hey take a deep reading

didn't i tell you about the age of ignorance in the Arabian Peninsula??

try to search for this age and you will see that they were living on wars and get from the other opponent the victory prize which was their money, properties and take their citizens and leaders as slaves to them

ISLAM protected non-MUSLIMS from that and also ISLAM forbids the slave trade or taking a slave for you or to work for you with no wadges for his work

YOU also didn't answer me about the point of JEWS and ISRAEL

waiting for your reply smile

3. Beelzedad profile image58
                Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's called "extortion" - look it up in the dictionary.

No, they don't deserve to be extorted.

And yet, the different Islamic factions are still killing each other over their own internal beliefs for which they disagree.

Are you referring to the past or the present? smile

well firstly hi sir ..

extortion is a strong word don't you think so ??

and where is the extortion in ISLAM ?? you mean in the fee of non-MUSLIMS

then i guess you havent read all my comments

i said that MUSLIMS have their own fee which is called ZAKAAT

i think when you come to my house lets say in RAMADAN

i will not let you hungry as we are Fasting !!! i will surely let you eat and drink as you are a non-MUSLIM but i think it is my right to delay your dinner a little bit just to eat with you

the same thing that MUSLIMS pay their own ZAKAAT to Develop the services, protection and to help the poor

so when the non-MUSLIMS pay also a fee as the development will be for them also and protection for their jobs , homes & their place for praying

and if ISLAM is an extortion as YOU have just said

why do you think the non-MUSLIMS were accepting and still living between us in a peaceful way ???

& why there were Migrations from EUROPEAN countries to ISLAMIC ones  ??? surely there is no one can be so crazy to go to people who are like a GANG like someone above have said

1. Beelzedad profile image58
                    Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Then, if you wish, you can use the terms "exacting or felony" if that makes it easier to swallow. Extortion is what it is, regardless of what you want to call it.

Yes, I know. It forces one to give up 2.5% of their possessions to be distributed to the poor and needy. Of course, the entire concept of giving to the poor and needy is to do it out of moral and ethical judgment, not force.

Do they have any choice in the matter?

Strawman argument. There are far more people moving away from Islamic countries than there are moving to them. smile

2. recommend1 profile image60

I am famous for seeing as many sides as I can find !  and I agree that there are many words of peace and love in both books, but alongside them are as many words of hate and war,   and the clear result of both books impact on the world has been overwhelmingly war and hate.

It has been nice chatting with you and I hope I have been able to widen your view a little smile

3. Greg Sage profile image41
            Greg Sageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Islamic conquests were no more about installing Islam in the rest of the world than the Christian crusades were about spreading Christianity.

Both were extreme examples of religion being used as a cover for political and financial ambitions.  Looking back today and failing to recognize that fact only shows that the opiate of the masses is still as effective today at leading lambs to the slaughter.

If you don't know the history of the author, you don't know what you've read.  Some of the most practical advice in life may just be asking yourself who is trying to sell me something and WHY?  What is the TRUE motivation.

Religion was ABSOLUTELY NOT the motivation for the crusades, the inquisition, etc.

15. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 12 years ago

I like how C.S. Lewis put it in the Last Battle. "All find what they truly seek." I also like the rather revolutionary premise of his book The Great Divorce, the idea that people go to Hell because they reject Heaven. I am a Christian. I do believe Jesus is the Way, but I also believe God is merciful,knows the hearts of each person better than we do, and rewards everyone who, to the best of their understanding, desires friendship with God with that.

16. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

I have to say that if heaven is full of religious nuts of any persuasion, I'm rather glad that in the minds of our religiously zealous friends I have a one-way ticket downstairs! More fun and better company! smile

1. Valerie F profile image60
      Valerie Fposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am certain that if anyone goes to Hell at all, "religious nuts" will be among them. Jesus said not everyone who says, "Lord, Lord," really in their hearts desires friendship with God.

17. twobmad profile image61
    twobmadposted 12 years ago

But you have to define what is being righteous. Which is more righteous... nearly or not at all?

18. profile image0
    Valemanposted 12 years ago

As there really is no such place as heaven, I don't see that it matters what religion someone is.  We all go to the same place - the nothingness from which we came.

1. profile image0

Wow. That's a depressing way to put it. Suddenly I feel like Atreyu in the swamp of sadness.

19. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

The Buddhist interpretation of heaven is achieving enlightenment so according to them they've already reached it smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)