Why is "girl and girl" kissing sexy?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (54 posts)
  1. rosariosblog profile image61
    rosariosblogposted 12 years ago

Does it reflect reality or is it an expression for some kind of art?

1. kentuckyslone profile image86
      kentuckysloneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is similar to asking, "Why do some people think that cherries taste good?" or "Why do some people like chocolate?" Everyone has their own likes and dislikes as well as turn on and turn offs. There is no rhyme or reason to it and it cannot be put into a box or measured because it is tied into emotions and desires.

Oh and "girl and girl" kissing is sexy just because it is - but that is only one possible answer out of thousands maybe even millions.

1. rosariosblog profile image61
        rosariosblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes I agree... just how varied the comments on this forum alone is a good illustration of that.  But it's just nice to know everybody's opinion on it.

1. profile image0
          Marie-AnneLeClercposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, yes, yes - Though I have to admit - "I am soooo over this forum."
          ...Time to move on.....

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

roll

3. profile image0

Women are very 'sexy'  and know what they want...

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It reflects depravity.
      Isn't at all sexy to me.

1. profile image0

Sexuality is personal - We still live in an age where homosexuality/bisexuality, is still controversial in society be it Religious Denominations or Social Norms. 

We Need to Accept that every one is different without being judged and condemned.

5. profile image0
      janikonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's funny I never truly understood why the lady-kisses are such a draw for straight men or bring in such a ratings surge. I think anything can be deemed art if framed properly even two women kissing - there is certainly an audience for it. Isn't a social commentary in itself? So - in essence - it could reflect reality and still be art.

I think the conversation and the way the comments are heading - the social taboo surrounding homosexual-physical affection is tantalizing to some.

1. profile image0

Very thoughtful and well said... It reflects people's 'Individuality" as well as "Human Rights."

2. profile image0
    Valemanposted 12 years ago

I think it is sexy to many straight men, although I'm not sure why.

1. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you, I also am straight and find it sexy to watch.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image72
      Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It does seem counterintuitive, dunnit? I mean, if it's two girls going at it, chances are they're not interested in men anyway, right?

But most guys tend not to worry about details like that--we just think, "Oooh, pretty!"

3. Monisajda profile image60
    Monisajdaposted 12 years ago

Not sexy to me but I am a woman ;-)

1. profile image53
      david.lee5660posted 12 years agoin reply to this

so why you like?

4. thighhighchick profile image60
    thighhighchickposted 12 years ago

I love kissing other women. (among other things) It is such a sensual moment that deserves that we take our time and enjoy. Guys are rough and in a hurry all the time. Two women just let the moment flow not forcing it to happen. So to answer your question ....because its sexy!

1. profile image0

Read the forum -  "Excuse Me -Take Back My Privacy!"...

5. Greg Sage profile image41
    Greg Sageposted 12 years ago

Everyone's got their own kink, and I've never really understood voyeurism particularly in any form, but for many, I think it's not so much the act of them kissing as the imagined possibility of them both turning their attention toward the observer.

If I have to explain why that's hot...

... then you're probably not a straight man.

smile

6. OutWest profile image57
    OutWestposted 12 years ago

Because men love women...the more the merrier. smile

7. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

Bec they've got to show the men how it is done, and the men like some lessons. Women know what women likes

8. DIYweddingplanner profile image78
    DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years ago

Perhaps it's the cherry chapstick!

9. kerryg profile image84
    kerrygposted 12 years ago

It's simple math.

One person you find attractive in a sexual situation = hot.
    Two people you find attractive in a sexual situation = hotter.

The same holds true for straight women, who often find "boy and boy" kissing sexy.

As Greg mentions, "girl on girl" or "boy on boy" kissing can also imply the possibility of a threesome, which is a pretty common fantasy for both men and women.

10. Jonathan Janco profile image61
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

My favorite quote from departed comedian Bill Hicks:
    "If there's anything more beautiful than a woman, it's two of them."

11. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Do women find it sexy to watch to men kiss?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

NO.

1. sassyk73 profile image71
        sassyk73posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Lol Knolyourself....I agree with prettydarkhorse smile

2. thighhighchick profile image60
      thighhighchickposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No

3. kerryg profile image84
      kerrygposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes.

For proof, consider evidence such as the following:

* the enormous popularity of slash fan fiction and fanart, most of which is created and read/viewed by straight women
      * roughly half the audience of Queer as Folk (a tv show about a group of gay friends in Pittsburgh with lots of graphic gay sex scenes) was straight women
      * a substantial percentage of gay romance novels and erotica are written by straight women
      * straight women also make up a substantial percentage of the readership of gay romance novels and erotica
      * and more

12. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

'Do women find it sexy to watch to men kiss?' Thought there might be a bit of an explanation there, but if the answer is "NO", then that shoots that theory to hell.

13. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

anything sans penis and involving more than one person possessing a vulva is inherently sexy by nature

1. maven101 profile image71
      maven101posted 12 years agoin reply to this

By that standard I would think that Rosie O'Donell and Janet Reno in a mouth mash would provide stimulation for the truly horny...

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

only if you assume Janet Reno does not have a penis, and that one can locate Rosie's vulva

1. maven101 profile image71
          maven101posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You mean like a Treasure Hunt?...What fun!!...Out with the flashlights, down with their pants...let's get to the bottom of this, er, conundrum...

1. Greek One profile image63
            Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

no, more like the cleaning our of a septic tank

http://septic-tankcleaning-winterhaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/septic2.jpeg

14. nterry34 profile image60
    nterry34posted 12 years ago

I have always wondered this too....I think its cause its "taboo" but honestly since its become so popular, I'm not so sure of that anymore.

15. Shadesbreath profile image77
    Shadesbreathposted 12 years ago

Men are visually stimulated in different ways than women. While we all have sensory-modal programming that we respond to, men are, well, seed spreaders. So, the visual programming is more reflexive in men than it is in women. The cues are similar, but meant to communicate different things from an evolutionary stand point.

A hot guy cues a woman to breeding success and security. A hot chick cues a guy to prospective seed carrier. The difference is the evolved social roles, which is made complicated by the Type A and Type B male, for which there is no female correlary. (Type A = spread as much seed as possible as often as possible - shot gun approach - Type B male = stick around and protect the fewer offspring you make... it's fish vs. mammal reproductive models to put it crudely).  Type A is typical Alpha male, B is the provider (which is why modern women can't figure out which one they like more... they want to bang the guy on the Harley, but they want to marry the accountant with the job and the love of playing Frisbee with kids). The sensory modal behavior of males is a convolution of these details and, as such, explains why men are so overtly visual. Hence, two chicks kissing is "hot" uninversally, where two males kissing is not for women in anything resembling the same percentages. There is no reproductive neural programming working to make two men kissing appealing for a woman. Like it or not, we can't escape who we are.

Or so I see it anyway. smile

1. Greg Sage profile image41
      Greg Sageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Dr. Buzz Killington.

smile

16. profile image0
    Valemanposted 12 years ago

I find it odd that on the one hand straight guys see nothing wrong with two women kissing, yet a lot are disgusted by the thought of two guys kissing, even if they are not actually homophobic.

1. thighhighchick profile image60

Two women are like 2 butterflies floating around two men are like sumo wrestlers

17. Eileen Serapio profile image60
    Eileen Serapioposted 12 years ago

I think it's because it looks more sensual, gentle and full of emotions --- could be love, lust or the combination of both.

How true

18. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

I think it's sexy because you can feel more of a sensual vibe to it.  Where most guys will start off kissing, but try to move onto other things during intimate moments like this.  women will take their time to savor the moment; thus allowing for more of a sexual tension to build up.

19. profile image53
    david.lee5660posted 12 years ago

thighhighchick you are wrong wrong wrong understand

Not the first time david

20. liamb2001 profile image57
    liamb2001posted 12 years ago

i would love to know myself, not many things in this world can make me stop in my tracks and drool like to pretty women kissing passionatly, lol

21. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

Why is "girl and girl" kissing sexy?  --  It's not, it's just plain nasty in my opinion, but it's become quite trendy.

22. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

I have always found two attractive women kissing to be very arousing, perhaps it is because women are sensual, and I find that most men find it so too.

23. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

Thighhighchick: are you going to write any hubs soon? tongue

24. thighhighchick profile image60

Yes something happened to me today that I think would make a good hub

1. profile image0

hmmm ...... lets hear it.....

See excuse me can I have my privacy back forum

1. profile image0

No thanks I'ld rather stay here and stay on topic and listen to what everyone has to say!

25. thighhighchick profile image60

That's why I didn't go into details when asked what happened

26. profile image0
    timonwellerposted 12 years ago

hmmm,  with kissing I think it is sexy girl on girl because women are much more sexy than men and so two sexy women kissing is just one of those things in life.. Amazingly sexy..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)