How Many of Your hubs are deindexed?

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (68 posts)
  1. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 12 years ago

OK I've just moved my accounts over to the new sub-domain structure ie. http://lissie.hubpages.com/

I've noticed 2 things - my last hub pubished over a week ago finally got indexed it wasn't yesterday -that may or may not have coincidence - though I was shocked that the hub hadn't indexed given it was on a topic of a week thread and had had lots of comments.

Now with the new subdomain I checked how many of my hub were indexed - unfortunately i hadn't checked this recently as usually its been 100% - when I typed in
    site:lissie.hubpages.com

I got only 30 hubs indexed out of 138 published!

For me basically the cut-off is 85 /84 - hubs less than that are not indexed.

What are others seeing - oh and lets talk about quality some of my de-indexed hubs include those that I was paid by hubpages to write!

1. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There is a 301 redirect in place so they should be picked up again pretty quickly.  I am holding off changing to a sub domain until the last minute though, I forsee yet another drop in earnings when I do this.

2. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 12 years ago

I swapped my smaller accounts over. One of which has only four hubs. On that account, three out of four have de-indexed. I'll check the others.

3. Silver Rose profile image67
    Silver Roseposted 12 years ago

Just checked mine - have had 15 out of 59 indexed, plus the profile page.

4. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 12 years ago

Another - 16 of 25 are indexed. Another - 6 of 34 are indexed.

I'm assuming that it will sort itself out?

5. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 12 years ago

Given that we only moved to subdomains in the last 24 hours - I'd give it until the end of the month to see what happens. Are people noticing a correlation between hubscore and indexing - basically every hub I have with a score of over 85 is indexed

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No such correlation for me - only 12 of 100+ hubs are indexed yet and of those only 1 is above 85.  The rest are all below 80.

I have relatively new ones and relatively old ones.  About the only thing I can say is that all of the new URL's that I checked have a pr of n/a.

2. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I've just checked. I have 79 hubs indexed and the lowest hubscore I have come across so far is a 64.

3. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

Paul E. mentioned it could take up to 3 days to be indexed.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/78912?p … ost1706575

I just checked. I have 34 out of 52 indexed at this time. Hub score doesn't appear to make a difference. I think it's more a matter of time than score.

4. celebritie profile image68
      celebritieposted 12 years ago

How do we check to see if we are indexed or not?

Do a search for "site:celebritie.hubpages.com" without the quotes.  It will produce all your hubs that google knows of in the new domain.

If the term "Cached" follows the URL it is indexed.

At this point I see one hub and your profile.

1. celebritie profile image68
          celebritieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a bunch!

2. profile image0
          JacksBlogsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry but I'm not so computer oriented.  Where do I search as you say?  I assume in my case I enter    site:jacksblogs.hubpages.com    but where do I put that?

1. IzzyM profile image86
            IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Into a Google search.
            https://encrypted.google.com/#sclient=p … mp;bih=775

does not return any listings. I now see you have not yet changed to a subdomain.

Follow the instructions here. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/78912

5. theherbivorehippi profile image64
      theherbivorehippiposted 12 years ago

I'm at 21 percent total on all profiles. This is the first day in at least a year that I haven't made any money in Adsense from my Hubs. I have one Hub that delivers consistently daily and today..nothing. sniffle sniffle...it hurts, it really hurts.sad  Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
        rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's probably just the day. Your other hubs are still indexed under hubpages.com.

1. theherbivorehippi profile image64
          theherbivorehippiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I'm sure it's just one of those weird coincidences. smile

6. kerryg profile image85
      kerrygposted 12 years ago

I'm showing 37 out of 310, plus my profile and "http://kerryg.hubpages.com/faq" which I assume is a bug of some sort?

I had that too, but now it's gone.  Of course, my site search says 12 results but there are only 11.  Maybe that's the missing (hidden) one.

Interestingly, my main account says 12 hubs out of 104.  A second account, that I've let languish with nothing but 18 low scoring sales hubs, also has 12 showing.

Probably nothing more than the luck of the draw.

wilderness I was wondering how does google decide which pages are going to be indexed first?

Because it looks like my hub on Jessie J got indexed but not the other ones I wrote. I wonder why.

Who truly knows?  Really, I suspect that it actually is just the luck of the draw.  Which way did the spider turn when it came to a link?

I've had hubs indexed in 30 minutes and others that took 6 weeks to do.  You just never know.

Sure hope these don't take 6 weeks, though! sad

Okay, it is strange, no rhyme or reason.

7. Richieb799 profile image73
      Richieb799posted 12 years ago

What happens to any backlinks you've built to these hubs, this is what I haven't understood since this whole idea was proposed hmm

It is my understanding they will still point and provide juice through the 301 redirect. 

As I have very little idea what that actually means I could well be wrong! big_smile

1. Garrett Mickley profile image78
          Garrett Mickleyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is correct.  301 tells Google "this is a permanent redirect, please count it as the same" and Google says "well maybe".  The rumor is they don't hold equal weight anymore because too many people were finding ways to game the system using 301's.  That's just rumor, though.

8. cameciob profile image80
      cameciobposted 12 years ago

I switched last night about 11 pm. I'm only seeing 3 out of 61 hubs but then there are ten pages where my user name comes up in HP comments or social bookmarking sites.

9. Michael Willis profile image67
      Michael Willisposted 12 years ago

Well, I get only one listing on the page with the ... site:michaelwillis.hubpages.com  link. It is my profile and nothing else.

But, in traffic sources I am still receiving views from Google.
      LOL, maybe I have until the next Google crawl and then I am ca-putz!!!

1. janderson99 profile image52
        janderson99posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The original articles remain indexed
        Do a search for your full title and you will see them, and they are redirected to your subdomain.
        Not sure what happens when Google indexes the new urls.
        For one I looked at, the old form was replaced - though the links still point to the old form. 
        Page rank is gone but should come back and may not have disappeared from the actual ranking - just from the toolbar.
        Will probably take a few days.

1. Michael Willis profile image67
          Michael Willisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hope they return. I had many that were page one or two. To lose all of that and not get it back would be disastrous. I have already saved most of my hubs to file.

They should.  So far I only have one newly indexed hub that I paid attention to and the new URL is in the same spot (searching for keywords) that it was before the change.  Hopefully it will remain there or rise.

As that particular hub bounces 2 or 3 spots (although always on the first page) I had thought it might fall some, but it hasn't.

Presumably Google is smart enough to put 2 and 2 together and figure out that it is the same hub and should be in the same place.

I am hoping for good things, but...I am holding off still on new hubs until I see what will happen.
              All of my new (to be) sports hubs are in limbo until I see if they can perform here or not anymore. But, I can't wait much longer.

I think there are a lot of us doing just that - waiting to see what happens.

The initial reports on this were the most promising thing I've see yet, though.  Maybe, just maybe this time...

I am  thinking about the same...just maybe...this time things will change for the better.

10. lakeerieartists profile image63
      lakeerieartistsposted 12 years ago

I have about 10% of my hubs indexed under the new subdomain. Probably takes a few days for them to all switch over to the new domain.  I am still getting the same amount of traffic so I would believe the rest are still indexed under the old domain.

1. carol3san profile image61
        carol3sanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just for fun, I will go see if any of my hubs have been deindexed although I think this is highly unlikely since I only have six hubs written as of this date.

11. Aficionada profile image79
      Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

About 50% of mine are indexed under the new subdomain.  I have wondered whether my username beginning with "A" could possibly contribute to that.  Or perhaps the fact that I have comparatively few Hubs to start with?

Huh!  And Wilderness has 10% indexed!

That's unfair!  It's Illegal!  And unconstitutional!!!

I'LL SUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

1. Aficionada profile image79
          Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lollol  !  lollol  !  lollol  !  lollol  ! 

I'll go get my copy of the Constitution. lollol  !

12. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 12 years ago

Looks like I have 9 out of 177. I am still getting good traffic and earnings are really good (at least compared to the last few months lol). I assume my other hubs are still indexed under the old links and this is why my traffic is the same. Obviously if I had only nine indexed I wouldn't be getting the same amount of traffic!

13. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

81 out of 158 are indexed after 24 hours.

14. Mandrake_1975 profile image86
      Mandrake_1975posted 12 years ago

I switched about 48 hours ago and I just checked.  I have 2 of 22 hubs indexed.

15. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I know this is the thread about indexing or de-indexing, but what I have noticed is interesting.

I've only ever had one decent hub that consistently gets high traffic and sits high on Google.

Late last night I noticed that another hub I wrote around the same subject is sitting higher than the first hub in the SERPS.

The second hub has the new subdomain. Looking through the eyes of Market Samurai it has no domain age, nor backlinks nor backlinks from the site, and its number of pages with the domain indexed within Google is in single figures, yet it is riding high.

This morning it's traffic is in 3 figures for the first time ever.

Just thought I'd share. Looks like we will all of tales of something similar.

Meanwhile the first hub normally has a dip in traffic at this time of the week, starting yesterday, but if anything it's traffic is going up.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Izzy.  Keep sharing.  This is an exciting time.

16. CMHypno profile image82
      CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

47 out of 227 so far, and looks like no rhyme or reason for why

17. CASE1WORKER profile image61
      CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

Just checked 67 out of a possible 144 are indexed! This could be as exciting as watching stats again. I think I had better go out or I will have something else to check again and again and again!

18. profile image0
      Suramya.Kposted 12 years ago

9 out of 20 are indexed excluding my profile and contact form (contact form too?). You guys can try to manually submit your URL to Google: www.google.com/addurl

19. Sally's Trove profile image77
      Sally's Troveposted 12 years ago

41 of 67 are indexed. I made the switch 24 hours ago.

20. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 12 years ago

I was in the beta test group, so I had all my Hubs switched to a subdomain on July 2nd and then switched again sometime in the late hours of July 12 or early AM hours of the 13th.

I'm currently showing about 182 out of 200 Hubs indexed.

21. CASE1WORKER profile image61
      CASE1WORKERposted 12 years ago

Now risen from 67 to 70, yet a new one published less than 24 hours ago has been indexed immediately

22. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

103 out of 159 after 48 hours.

1. CASE1WORKER profile image61
        CASE1WORKERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow! i am not sure if there is any rhyme or reason to it. I shall wait patiently and if, after the weeked, everyone else is indexed I shall cry!

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
          Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wondered if it hadn't indexed the really rubbish stuff.  But then it's all rubbish.  I also wonder if once it has indexed it, it will then Panda slap it once it realises what a mishmash of garbage it is.  And finally, even if it does index it and treat it kindly, I still haven't mastered writing stuff people are searching for.

Apart from that, I'm crossing my fingers and glued to my stats.

23. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I've only got 148 hubs out of 477 indexed so far, but already I have seen a massive increase in traffic. This is exciting!

24. WriteAngled profile image74
      WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

Two indexed out of 20. A small increase in visits over a 12-hour period and now back to nothing.

I spend at least 4-5 hours on most hubs I write, even several days on a couple. A lot of them include extensive research, bringing together diverse information, re-presenting complex scientific language into something simpler.

I've looked at hubs of some people who crow about earning a lot here. In one case, I've found some real rubbish: poorly written with respect to grammar and style and providing little or no real information.

If Google regards my hubs as low quality compared to that, then I give up.

1. CMHypno profile image82
        CMHypnoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You might not be getting so much traffic, but your hubs probably really help the people who read them and give them the information that they are looking for!

I know that it might not help re earnings etc, but it would be a real shame if you stopped writing smile

25. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 12 years ago

I haven't looked to see how many hubs are indexed under the new subdomain because it doesn't really matter with the 301 directs in place. If your hubs are not indexed under your new subdomain, they will still be indexed at the previous url (as long as they were indexed in the first place). It will just take google a little bit of time to update their database of where the new page is located and start listing that page in the results instead of the old one.

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Does it not matter for serps listing, Susana? Those of mine that are de-indexed and not yet indexed have disappeared from the serps and have thus lost their viewers.
        Judging by the results so far, I expect them to come back and maybe even at a higher position than before; it's just a waiting game now.

1. Susana S profile image93
          Susana Sposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As far as I'm aware, pages are only de-indexed when they can't be found (in this kind of situation). With the 301 in place the page can still be found. So as soon as the google bot comes through the redirect it should deindex the old page and replace it with the new url.

So what I'm trying to say is that the old url will be in the serps until google crawls a link pointing to the page and finds the redirect, and only at that point will it change the url that is in its database. It should be pretty seamless.

26. lisabeaman profile image69
      lisabeamanposted 12 years ago

I switched to the new subdomain yesterday afternoon. Just to make sure I'm clear, if the word "cached" is next to the hub in the search, then it's indexed, right? If that's the case then 48 of my 51 are indexed. That's good, right?

I'm only showing 11. Are you typing "site:lisabeaman.hubpages.com" without the quotes?

1. lisabeaman profile image69
          lisabeamanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but I'm really stupid! I counted the ones that didn't say "cached" and subtracted them from the amount of hubs I published. I should have counted the ones on the page.

I was feeling pretty good about this! Poor math skills have often given me false hopes sad

lol..sorry. smile

1. lisabeaman profile image69
              lisabeamanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't apologize! I appreciate you checking that for me. I need all the help out here that I can get smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image86
        rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's great!  Is it the new URL? You can click on 'cached' to see the date.

27. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

I read this on a google forum about google following redirects, from a google employee.

We use caching to help reduce the load of crawling all content, and sometimes we just want to confirm that the redirect is still there. Because of that, it can happen that we crawl the redirecting URL, see the redirect, and then use the last cached version of the final URL for the rest of the processing. As long as we're still regularly crawling the final URLs, and they're still being indexed appropriately, then things should be ok

I'm assuming when he says, final URL, he's referring to the final URL before the address change? I checked a few of mine not indexed with the new URL and they were cached a day or two before the 13th/July.

28. Debby Bruck profile image66
      Debby Bruckposted 12 years ago

Still not sure how this works. Is there a hubpages tutorial on this issue?

29. Debby Bruck profile image66
      Debby Bruckposted 12 years ago

Many thanks. Took care of it. AOK to all

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)