Weekly Topic Inspiration: Thanksgiving Recipes

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (87 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image88
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Happy October! Can you believe Fall is here already?

Given the tremendous speed by which time flies, November will roll around before you know it. Because it helps to write seasonal and holiday Hubs well before a particular holiday arrives, now is the time to publish your favorite Thanksgiving recipes!

This is a special two week topic, so if you missed the chance to publish a Hub during the first week, you still have time to do so now!

If you're not sure what people are searching for when looking for Thanksgiving recipe help online, here are some of the most popular keywords: stuffing recipe, stuffing recipes, sweet potato recipe, thanksgiving appetizers, thanksgiving side dishes, thanksgiving history, thanksgiving dessert recipes, thanksgiving cupcakes, thanksgiving dishes, traditional thanksgiving dinner, easy thanksgiving recipes, thanksgiving dinner ideas, thanksgiving dinner recipes, healthy thanksgiving recipes, thanksgiving foods, best thanksgiving recipes, thanksgiving recipes for kids, thanksgiving leftover recipes, traditional thanksgiving menu, vegan thanksgiving recipes, desserts for thanksgiving, holiday recipes for thanksgiving, thanksgiving meal planner

Consider writing a Thanksgiving recipe Hub on one (or more!) of those lovely things!  Also, to make a real winner of a Hub, I recommend using original photos (and if that's not an option, only using properly cited ones that are licensed for your use). It makes a big difference!

If you'd like to join in on this week's topic by writing a Hub, follow these steps:

1)    Click here to visit this week's topic.
    2)    Click the green button "answer this question".
    3)    Click the gray button below the box (leave that empty) that says "make a Hub about it."
    4)    Give your Hub a very specific title, like Easy Summer Gardening Projects for Kids or Challenging Summer Activities for Teens
    5)    Create good quality original content that hasn't been covered before.
    6)    After you publish your Weekly Topic Inspiration Hub, come back to this forum thread and post a link to your Hub with a brief description of what you wrote about and why.

For more information on the Weekly Topic Inspiration program, check out the Learning Center guide.

I'm looking forward to reading your delicious recipe Hubs!!

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5063877_f260.jpg

1. Aeron Wright profile image56
      Aeron Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is interesting! I love thanksgiving and will definitely looking forward to all the delicious and tasty recipes from all of you, as I would like prepare something new and creative dishes this year:)

2. profile image55
      betty1224posted 12 years agoin reply to this

3.    A bad compromise is better than a good lawsuit.

3. Bobri Dobri profile image66
      Bobri Dobriposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Better late than never. Here is my Thanksgiving Recipe.

http://bobridobri.hubpages.com/hub/Easy … -Loin?done

Have you ever thought about pork for Thanksgiving? Give it a try!

1. K9keystrokes profile image85
        K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your pictures make this pork roast recipe very easy to follow!
        Cheers~
        K9

2. Simone Smith profile image88
        Simone Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, Bobri Dobri! The photos are gorgeous, and I love the idea of making something other than turkey for Thanksgiving!

2. K9keystrokes profile image85
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

A topic that is right up my alley Simone! Looking forward to participating. cool

3. Just Ask Susan profile image88
    Just Ask Susanposted 12 years ago

Great topic. Thanksgiving in Canada is a week from today so I had better get busy as this is my favorite time of year. Looking forward to seeing all the great recipes from hubbers.

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image58
      FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes, regarding Simone's comment about publishing holiday hubs in advance, I think our ships have sailed in Canada.

@ Ausan, If your recipes are anything like your braided raisin bread hub, we are all going to benefit this season!
      @Flora, We Yanks would love to read your recipes! wink

oops... I meant @Susan, not @Ausan...tongue

1. Just Ask Susan profile image88
          Just Ask Susanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I knew you meant me K9 big_smile

Dang old fingers!

4. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

Oh Simone, now I have to share a recipe! lololo! big_smile You twisted my keyboard I can do it. smile

5. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 12 years ago

Ohhhhhh,   I am sooooooo excited.  I sure hope I can get one out before the end of the week.   smile   Great topic.

6. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years ago

Hmmm...wellll..... My daughter and I are tired of the 2-day-long hassle that is TG Day preparation, and the subsequent clean up.  This year, our 2  families are breaking the mold.  TG dinner is going to be take-and-bake pizza!

That sounds pretty fantastic to me!

7. Stephanie Henkel profile image92
    Stephanie Henkelposted 12 years ago

In years gone by, 15 -20 people came to Thanksgiving at our house, and 10 of them might stay for the weekend. I often had to plan a weekend's worth of meals. This is Cranberry Coffee Cake is one of my favorite breakfast/brunch treats. http://stephaniehenkel.hubpages.com/hub … offee-Cake

1. FloraBreenRobison profile image58
      FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

mmm. coffee cake.

1. Stephanie Henkel profile image92
        Stephanie Henkelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Having homemade coffee cake is one of the best things about a mid-morning coffee break! smile

2. Denise Handlon profile image85
      Denise Handlonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Stephanie-I've bookmarked this yummy sounding recipe and can hardly wait to try it.  Think I'll make some this month to get familiar with it.  smile

Mmmm...we should get together and have cake and coffee!

1. Denise Handlon profile image85
          Denise Handlonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree!  Let's plan on that soon.  smile

3. K9keystrokes profile image85

Yum! We can't get enough cranberries at the holiday, so this coffee cake recipe gives us another option for using those ruby gems! Thanks for sharing Stephanie, I really look forward to serving this on the holiday.
      HubHugs!
      K9

K9 - Doing this hub made me want to made this recipe for our weekend guests, but fresh cranberries are not in our stores, yet! Cranberries are supposed to freeze well - maybe I'll try doing that next month.

We freeze several pounds each year for just such reasons. They hold up really well; just make sure to put them in the refrigerator for about 3 hours to get them cold before freezing them. They defrost  far better, having a close to fresh appeal! (simply makes the ice crystals smaller so they don't damage the fruit cells as badly during the defrosting process.) wink
          Cheers~
          K9

4. Simone Smith profile image88

You put on quite the Thanksgiving production, Stephanie Henkel! All your guests are quite lucky!
      I love the cake recipe- I've never come across a cranberry coffee cake before, and this sounds great!

Haha, Simone!  Those were the good old days! I no longer have a houseful of guests on Thanksgiving, but I still enjoy making a nice turkey and a few pies...

8. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years ago

From the Alaskan Bush to French Haute Cuisine, we have some fascinating holiday dishes in North America that combine fruits and meats:

http://pattyinglishms.hubpages.com/hub/ … Game-Meats

Hope you like them!

Okay, I must admit that I am tantalized enough to want to try your Moose Rump Roast with fruit recipe, for the shear uniqueness of being able to say I had. What a great article Patty. Super images and information to match. Nicely done--again!
      HubHugs~
      K9

2. Stephanie Henkel profile image92

humph! We're all out of moose, but I'll bet this recipe would work with venison?

3. Simone Smith profile image88

I can't say I ever had a dish combining fruit and meat before, plus you talk about a lot of game meat in this Hub that I've never even heard of before. This was quite an interesting read!

9. profile image0
    lavender3957posted 12 years ago

This is just what I had been looking for. Thanks so much for sharing. What a surprise this will be this Thanksgiving.

10. BethanRose profile image67
    BethanRoseposted 12 years ago

Woohoo I am in on this! It was so much fun writing a recipe filled hub :-) Can't wai to read all of the others!

11. Shelly McRae profile image69
    Shelly McRaeposted 12 years ago

I posted the recipe for my Apple Sausage Stuffing, one of our family favorites for Thanksgiving, but it works great with chicken.

http://shelly-mcrae.hubpages.com/hub/Re … e-Stuffing

Wow, French apple chicken sausage...need I say more? Awesome stuffing recipe and picture tutorial. Great hub!
      Cheers~
      K9

2. Cloverleaf profile image96
      Cloverleafposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Excellent stuffing recipe.

Ooooooohmygosh. This sounds amazing. And your photos are fantastic!

12. DeborahNeyens profile image94
    DeborahNeyensposted 12 years ago

Here's the link to my hub: http://deborahneyens.hubpages.com/_26b9 … iving?done

I love the unexpected flavors of the dish and the beautiful color makes it a perfect addition to the Thanksgiving table.

I don't think I have seen a more beautifully colored soup! I would make it a center piece for all to see. Lovely butternut squash recipe.
      Cheers~
      K9

2. Cloverleaf profile image96

Read and commented.  I think I will have to try this one, Deborah!

An absolutely lovely recipe, DeborahNeyens! I should love to be able to bring in things from my garden to make lovely soups someday. You've inspired me to grow a vegetable garden!

1. DeborahNeyens profile image94
        DeborahNeyensposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Simone.  I would love for my hubs to inspire you and others to grow vegetables.  It's a passion for me.  : )

13. cre8ivOne profile image68
    cre8ivOneposted 12 years ago

Here is a yummy alternative to pumpking pie.

1. cre8ivOne profile image68
      cre8ivOneposted 12 years agoin reply to this
      1. Cloverleaf profile image96

Loved this hub! smile

This is  a fantastic recipe! I will be giving it a go this Thanksgiving!
        Cheers~
        K9

1. cre8ivOne profile image68
          cre8ivOneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!  I hope you enjoy it : )

Hurrah for pumpkin recipes! This looks like a great dessert!

14. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

Here are some tasty side dishes - all family favorites...
    Best Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes: Stuffing, Sweet Potatoes, Appetizers

Happy Turkey!

Your Grannies sweet potatoes look yummy! A lot of great information to enhance the holiday meal this year!
      Cheers~
      K9

This is a truly delicious collection, RedElf! I'm particularly excited about the green bean recipe. I never was one for the traditional casserole, but this sounds great!

3. prairieprincess profile image92
      prairieprincessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That risotto looks amazing, Redelf!

15. tlpoague profile image82
    tlpoagueposted 12 years ago

Awesome, I can't wait to get some time to write some. I just recently dusted off a few of my cookbooks for the upcoming holidays. I am looking forward to trying out a few here.

16. shelbymiles profile image61
    shelbymilesposted 12 years ago

Great topic!  I just published a recipe book with all my favorite recipes from past years, but this is a perfect forum to only post one or two of my favorite Thanksgiving dishes before the holidays!

Whoah, congrats on the recipe book!

17. Aficionada profile image78
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

Based on one of the keywords Simone listed, I wrote a Hub about the history of Thanksgiving.  What Is the Correct Story of the First Thanksgiving?.

I lived in Virginia for many years, and there I learned that the Pilgrims' and Indians' meal-and-celebration was not actually the First Thanksgiving in America.  But, while I was polishing off the research for this Hub, I made some new (to me) discoveries and got some surprises!

My original plan was to include recipes as part of that Hub.  But in the end, I divided it and published another Hub Commemorate the First Thanksgivings with Representative Recipes, which includes simple recipes from the various cuisines represented in the First Thanksgivings.

Both of these are very interesting and really cool hubs. It was interesting to learn the real history behind Thanksgiving, and those traditionally unique  recipes (ham biscuit in particular) look very yummy! Thanks for sharing your research and recipes with us! smile
      Cheers~
      K9

Oh, NICE! Two Hubs!! I enjoyed these immensely.  I'm a real sucker for Thanksgiving history, and your recipes are fabulous!

18. Gordon Hamilton profile image92
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years ago

So sorry to be posting at the last minute! I have actually prepared and eaten two of these dishes this afternoon, so my typing was a bit lethargic when writing them up as I think I am about to burst.

Don't know how I will face my dinner... lol

Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner Recipes for One Person

Awesome picture recipe along with clear written directions. I thought these would be a great idea for lunches during the week as well as meals for one! As always, fantastic work my friend!
      Huge HubHugs Gordon~
      K9

Rock on, Gordon Hamilton! This is a FANTASTIC Hub! I prefer to eat all my meals alone, so this is right up my alley.

19. asmaiftikhar profile image80
    asmaiftikharposted 12 years ago

very right, time is really flying. Here is a recipe for November
    http://asmaiftikhar.hubpages.com/hub/HE … ASTA-SALAD

It's a very pretty dish- and it bet it tastes even better!

20. Simone Smith profile image88

I've just had a look at the recipes y'all have been sharing, and they're amazing! Let's make this a two week topic, since it's one of the more popular ones!

I am s Glad you are extending the topic Simone, I didn't get a chance to write very much last week, making up for it this week is the goal. I love Thanksgiving and turkey in general. smile
      Cheers~
      K9

I'm so glad! Your recipe Hubs are killer good, K9keystrokes. I bet you'd create a really good one!

smile

21. DeborahNeyens profile image94
    DeborahNeyensposted 12 years ago

Another week?  I may have to write another one on this topic.  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!

Hurray!!  It sure is a great one! Can't wait to read what you write!

22. RedElf profile image89

ditto (great topic), ditto (k9 killer recipes), and ditto - I shall have to write another hub as well!

Thanks, Simone!

1. carol3san profile image59
      carol3sanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is a perfect subject for me to write on since I am currently putting together a cook book of my own.  Didn't wrie for a few weeks for personal reasons but I am so glad to be back.

23. K9keystrokes profile image85
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

Looking for the best flavor, texture, and safety for your Thanksgiving Stuffing this year? This hub is "stuffed" full of pointers! Enjoy!cool
    http://k9keystrokes.hubpages.com/t/2a0c35

@RedElf- *smooch*

This is INCREDIBLE!!  I'm a total stuffing n00b, so this is a great guide. Also, you made such a cute image, hahaa!!!

Thanks Simone! Glad you enjoyed the drawing, it was fun to doodle...makes me think of the Friends episode where Joey has a huge raw turkey on his head...hilarious! ((lol))
        Cheers~
        K9

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5624449_f248.jpg

24. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

Great topic, thank you and just in time for the big day!  It will take me that long to clean my kitchen enough to cook in it!

Hahaa, I know how that goes!!

25. RedElf profile image89

big_smile
    Here's my second for the topic:

Still Good The Second Time Around: Best, Delicious Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipes

@ K9 - 'Tis true! *blushing* big_smile

Niiice recipe! Warm and creamy Turkey risotto! Easy to follow and it sounds simply yummy!
      HubHugs~
      K9

OMG. Turkey risotto.  I die.  I really need to give up this vegetarian silliness.

26. profile image53
    hongjiposted 12 years ago

oh,your recipes are so delicious ,I want to try do it by myself.

27. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 12 years ago

I have several recipes that I posted last year incase anyone is interested simply go to my Hub page and look them up.

Nice!

28. prairieprincess profile image92
    prairieprincessposted 12 years ago

I was happy this topic was carried over for another week. Here is my newly created recipe, used this year for our Canadian Thanksgiving.

It's a delicious way to use your leftovers:

http://prairieprincess.hubpages.com/hub … o-Pie?done

The first time, I forgot to link up to the question, so I retyped the whole hub, deleted the other one, and deleted all of its content. It's been so long since I've done a topic of the week, I am getting rusty! I just hope it doesn't trigger any duplicate content but I deleted right away, in the first 5 minutes or so after publishing!

Oop! Sorry about that hassle prairieprincess! But this Hub is great! The recipe does a brilliant job of putting all the major dishes to use, so it's particularly great!

1. prairieprincess profile image92
        prairieprincessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Simone!

29. Simone Smith profile image88

The new thread is up! This week's theme is car safety and safe driving! http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/85046

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)