Does God Exist? Why or Why not?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (143 posts)
  1. JeremysStuff profile image61
    JeremysStuffposted 12 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5580342_f248.jpg

I had originally posted this as a question in the "Answers" section, but it was taken down because it "invoked a conversation rather than a Q&A.... So that's why I brought it here! I want you guys to sound off on what you think about this subject, does God exist? Why do / don't you think so? What does God mean for you, how do you envision God? Please keep it clean and respectful.

I am posting a Hub about this topic in a couple of weeks or so, so keep it locked on my Hubs for that story!

1. profile image0
      jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To answer that i need to know two things

1. What is "god"?
      2. What do you mean by "exist"?

Is god an object or a concept? If it is an object it exist, if it is a concept, it does not.
      If it is an object, what are it attributes/properties? How do you identify it?

Exist?
      As love(a concept) exist or as you chair(object) exist?
      Former has no physical presence while the latter is physical and in the strict sense, former is false and only latter is true.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Buy a dictionary, PLEASE!

1. profile image0

For you, car exist, love exist, sun exist, time exist and so many concepts exist, then you tell the religious that there god does not exist. What difference you have with the religious, you both sprout nonsense, they for god and you in the guise of science! You are like blind man who says, there is no evidence for the pit, till I fall into it!! I wonder when will you be here, fighting for god, because some instruments and equations said there is a possibility of god!
          roll

http://reluctant-messenger.com/citsym/God.htm

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/god
          http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictiona … 1317794693

You read, but never understand.

If possible THINK, at least at times, in stead of mugging up!!

2. profile image0
        RookerySpoonerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Love, like all emotions does have a physical existence, based on chemical and electrical activity in the brain.  As the brain is a very real physical object, then so is the activity it produces.

1. profile image0

Its not love, but the chemicals that mediate love that exist. Same is the case with justice. And for time there is again the neuronal transmitters. In short all concepts exist in our brain, have no physical reality outside it.

1. Jerami profile image58
            Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If this is true?
              It must also be true that it is possible  ....   everything that we are, and see;  is a result of that same kind of chemical responses going on in   ...  "the creators" mind.

Are we little more than the result of someone’s imagination?
               Are we the result of our OWN imaginations?
            Does  certainty exist?    As you say?   My reality is but the product of a chemical reaction ???    Then every time there is a chance in these chemicals, …...  the reaction changes, …  my reality will then be different. 
              I am not arguing!
              I’m attempting to take your concept one step farther.  You may be on to something.

1. Evolution Guy profile image58
              Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No - you are not attempting to do any such thing, Jerami. You are attempting to defend your irrational belief system.

LOLOL

Liars For Jesus(TM)

1. Jerami profile image58
                Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That was a one size fits all comment that you just made.

You can always use that one regardless of "IF" you read the post or not. 
                Just see who makes a comment then copy and paste that answer ....  Always!

Thanks for your insight..

1. Evolution Guy profile image58
                  Evolution Guyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No. Please stop lying at me.

Thank you.

2. profile image0

Everything we think we are, is a result of chemical reaction going on in our brain, not somebody else's. In fact we are a giant chemical reaction.

The someone is we ourself.

Not we, but the way we live.

No, only matter exist.

If we see psychiatric patients, they have their own reality, there own world.

But all these are subjective. What we really call reality is objective.

Neither am I.

That I'm not sure.

3. tsmog profile image85
        tsmogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have to go with Descartes on this one. Using juxtapose "I think, therefore I am." And, "I think there is 'g(G)od,' therefore there is." However I will defer to William James and his treatise on a 'will to believe' as well. However, if I remember right one science is not valid unless another validates it as so, true.

So, that said, what of physics and math. Are those  not required to prove / disprove the chemical theory? Math alludes to rational thought, which you state is only chemistry, so is there a never ending cycle or is it a circle. If a cycle can we then allude to the big-bang theory for proof or disproof. So, now we need physics. Yet, if a circle then there is not beginning or end, within a two dimensional plane.

Yet, we exist on how many planes today according to science? I have read it ranges from 1 to 31. I guess we go to empirical thought to verify the rational.

1. profile image0

The mechanism of thought process is chemical, but logic  and ration is not. They are axioms we made(rules) for our normal functioning/thinking.
          Proof is an opinion.
          Planes-- the new science say so many idiotic stuff like that. You only have to define what a "plane" is to know how many planes are there. Just like a circle "is a simple shape of Euclidean geometry consisting of the set of points in a plane that are a given distance from a given point, the centre", we cannot take other figure as  a circle.

1. tsmog profile image85

Ok, Not sure I agree, but do you not need physics for a reaction mechansm in chemistry?

1. profile image0

Science in any form is our explanation of observed phenomenon.
              Religious explanations are based on personal experiences.
              Science is objective.

Difference? Objective is observer independent. It should be rational. Say, I cannot simply state matter appear from no where in science(well, now they say so), while in religion I can simply say god did it without any explanation.
              The only thing we can say for sure is, the sun, earth and heavenly bodies are there(exist), separated by space. All the rest are, our explanations, so the explanations better be plausible.

1. tsmog profile image85

OK, At work now (darn) so, I cannot take time to think, if you know what I mean. However, I would say we are in agreement with the statement you just made. A great read is the theory of recoprocity, which touches close to this. Quickly, I have to skidaddle.

1. profile image0

smile

2. kess profile image60
      kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The simple answer is yes....why?
      Because you can ask...otherwise you couldnt .

3. Titen-Sxull profile image71
      Titen-Sxullposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Depends on which God we're talking about. I'm going to assume for sake of argument a Christian idea of God which would typically include the attributes of omniscience, omnibenevolence and omnipotence, a perfect being, or the GREATEST CONCEIVABLE BEING as is sometimes referred to. This type of God is extremely indefensible from a logical standpoint. One common argument against this God's omnipotence is "Can God create a rock so heavy he cannot lift it?" This sort of paradox shows the logically inconsistent nature of an omnipotent being.

Also one commonly brought up is the Problem of Evil, namely that if God is morally Good and loving why is there so much evil and suffering in the world?

Another damning argument goes against the idea that God is perfect. If God IS perfect he has no business creating imperfection and also has no reasonable motivation for creating the Universe or humanity. After all a perfect being lacks nothing and without lack I would argue there cannot be desire and certainly cannot be NEED. A perfect God creating imperfection is logically inconsistent.

The Bible is fraught with tales of God's numerous failures and is filled with stories of God acting immorally (such as killing the first born of Egypt). Much of the Bible contradicts modern claims to God's omniscience, omnibenevolence and omnipotence.

Now there are Gods which would be difficult, or nigh impossible, to disprove. These include, but aren't limited to:

Deistic or Watch-Maker style Gods.
      Pantheistic gods which are synonymous with the Universe itself.
      Alien beings so advanced as to be indistinguishable from gods

Are there any gods out there? I don't know and neither does anyone else but at the same time I've seen no compelling reason to believe in any. This makes me an agnostic-atheist.

1. Rocko Polo profile image60
        Rocko Poloposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why is that rock example viewed as impossible? All that he has to do to create a rock he can't lift is to reduce his liftimg ability until he is unable to lift the rock.

1. Cagsil profile image69
          Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And to any common sense rational individual, doing such defeats the definition of being omnipotent and is dishonest, which isn't suppose to be possible. wink

4. lizzieBoo profile image60
      lizzieBooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There isn't enough evidence for me to disbelieve as yet. Where's the solid proof that there isn't anything?

Contained within the thin air around you. lol

1. lizzieBoo profile image60

hmmm. no. Still there I'm afraid.

Don't be afraid, it's just air. lol

How is air solid proof?

Because, upon further analysis of air, one finds nothing else but air. smile

Air is not just air though. Once it was nothing, then it was discovered as being something and known  to contain many elements. Water was once just wet stuff but now understood to be something more complex. Nobody can claim to know all the answers, or even anywhere near most of the answers.  Even your beloved scientists are clutching at straws for much of the time.

1. earnestshub profile image80
                    earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Here is an example of the sort of dangerous cods-wallop dished out by the religiously infirm.

http://www.dangerousminds.net/comments/ … preachers/

5. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There is no doubt that the Creator God does exist.

So you've deceived yourself completely? Good to know for future communications. lol

1. profile image50

The Creator God does exist; and it is a fact and truth; however there is no compulsion to believe in Him.

I'll give you the opportunity to make a distinction between a higher power and the usage of the word "god" to describe it, but if you're referencing any god from any religion, then you've sold yourself a bill of useless goods. hmm

2. profile image0

The Creator Dog does exist; and it is a fact and truth; however there is no compulsion to believe in Him.(but if you don't he'll bite you!)

1. profile image50

The Creator God has created the human beings and set a purpose of life for them; those who don't believe in him lose that purpose; which is denoted as hell.

There is no compulsion to believe in him.

Is the purpose of a Muslim to denounce and insult other religions and non-believers?

1. profile image50

No; I respect every religion; yet I will mention the truth I believe in; this is my love for the truth and every religion for truth.

2. profile image0

Why can't you straight way ask as to believe you?

1. profile image50

One should believe in the Creator God; there is no doubt in His existence; our existence is because He has bestowed life to us.

1. profile image0

Aren't you saying that I should believe you without questioning?

6. profile image0
      cona216posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I my opinion as an athiest i do not personally believe in any god, however I do believe in the goodness it provides. It gives people purpose a way they can life there lives peacefully and how it can provide a good solid base for good honest family values.

There is a dark side to religion sadly to say, sometimes the minority of people think that killing people that isnt of your religion is 'holy'. Of course one of the most recent and regonised is the extremist islamic group Al Qaeda, but throughout history this has happened. The christian armies of europe that invaded and slaugthered muslim people in their crusades or when the catholic church burned people at the cross as witches and devil worshipers for saying things like the earth circles the sun.

that is why dont believe in religion and as I see it has hypocritical but dispite its flaws I believe in its concepts and how its suppose to help the good of humanity

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

First, I assume there is something that  first triggered belief, and keeps it going in its myriad forms. Assuming that religion has been around in one form or another since the dawn of time; even if you assume 15% ratio of just flat atheism that's  still an estimated 98 billion people who have believed there was more. Nothing short of arrogance would explain the need to call that many completely delusional.

Second. I don't believe in a god, per se. I do think the need for answers has caused our speculation to push the envelope past the edge of what we know. I don't believe it is a force in need of, or desire for, worship. I think of 'god'  as little more than that which connects all life. It's a part of everything, alive on a different level than the physical world we understand.

I do believe that many who truly believe are simply confused by what they have been taught. They are aware of something, they are simply defining it poorly and hoping for a more powerful force.

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, there was certainly a reason for the first beliefs.  It probably started with man trying to explain the world around them and to quieten fears of such things as lightning and thunder.  If you name them it begins the explanation and they aren't quite so frightening.

Unusual objects (an extra large tree, an unclimbable mountain, a fearsome creature) become gods as well, simply because they are unusual or scary.

The next step might be to assign blame; "such and such God caused my crops to fail or my daughter to die."  This is certainly not an uncommon thing in man; we are never responsible for our failures.

Enter the Shaman; the only one that talks to the Gods and knows what they want.  A great gig when things are going well - not so good when there's a hard winter or crops fail.  The shaman often invents even more Gods that only he can talk with - it all helps when you're trying to control the masses and make a living.

Eventually the Gods all disappear or turn into something ever more remote, less obvious, as man learns more about the world.  That lightning or big tree cannot be a god, so God must be something else that we can't see.  This brings us to current times when God is completely undetectable and has no discernable interaction with the world.  The shamans cannot be show to be wrong this way and can retain their power as long as they can convince the gullible that God exists and has declared the shaman to be His representative.

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe so. Maybe not. I think your explanation covers primitive man quite well. But, man hasn’t been primitive for some time now and there are still questions. And I think modern man is little different from their ancient counterparts. We are still showing a propensity toward jumping to conclusions before the answers are found.

I guess it is because we have such a need to know, that it doesn’t matter which way we lean; we tend to take whatever is written as gospel. I don’t see where either side has made their case strongly enough to form a hard and fast opinion and rule the other completely out.

3. profile image0
    RookerySpoonerposted 12 years ago

One of the problems in answering this question, is that there is not only one God in which to believe.  For thousands of years, man has created his own gods, based upon the values of the society in which he lives.  Gods were originally local deities, and it is only with the knowledge gained about other cultures, that conflicts arose as to who had the best or biggest God.  So to answer the question, an agreement of sorts has to be reached as to who or what is meant by "God." 

The fact that the gods of religion are all manmade, would suggest that none of them have any basis in reality.  So, any concept of a God would have to be of something outside of the narrow creations of religion.  Thus God, could not be described by terms such as "He", "She", "It", "Them" etc. 

Also, the need to invoke a god to explain the physical universe is no longer necessary.  Science has extended man's understanding of how things came into being, including the development of the universe from the Big Bang, and the evolution of the species.  So God, must necessarily be reduced to a cause, or a God of the gaps.  However, as those gaps are filled with more scientific understanding, God will be further reduced.  As the cause of the Big Bang is only theory, then this remains the best place to look for any god to explain the cause.  Whether science will explain even this awaits to be seen.  However, science would seem to allow no room for a personal god, who answers prayers, or cares about us individually.

If God exists, then there would be empirical evidence to prove so.  As there isn't, then such a concept can only be a matter of faith, but for people with a respect for and knowledge of science, this will never be enough.

4. profile image0
    AntonOfTheNorthposted 12 years ago

I believe that the universe is a purposed creation.

I don't have sure knowledge of same, nor do I have any requirements as to the nature of the creator.

I believe this mostly because it pleases me to do so (honestly I think that's why anyone believes), but also because I simply haven't been able to buy the notion that everything we can observe and the resulting 'laws' we deduce from those observations just happened to occur spontaneously.

cheers

1. profile image0
      RookerySpoonerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can understand why you should find it pleasing to believe in a god, because a universe without purpose, would seem to go against everything that the human mind takes for granted.  That our own individual lives should be meaningful is also important to our egos, because who deep down would not want the hope that a belief in God offers?  Even as an atheist, I still study the theist's argument, in the hope that I may be convinced, because the purely materialistic view of life is rather depressing.  I however, would need some evidence to provide me with that hope.

1. OutWest profile image56
        OutWestposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In the simplest  ways our world has more depth than we can see.  Even on our skin has microscopic organisms.  We now know this.  Of course it's safe to assume that there is more out there than we know.  So if these materialistic things have depth why wouldn't the universe too.  And then it would lead to life itself having depth beyond what we can see or sense.  So purpose naturally is the next logical step.  To see this life as one dimensional when all these other things have depth makes no sense.  And to block out all things that we cannot logically explain leaves a great big hole in our thinking.

That's a rather unreasonable compilation of assumptions.

Yes, there is more than we can see in our world; the microscopic microbes of course, then molecules, atoms, subatomic particles and finally energy itself.  And it would be an indication that the rest of the universe also has things we can't see, but to then declare that because of this the supernatural (non-materialistic) exists just doesn't follow at all; the two have no connection.  On the contrary every single thing we can see or sense, have evidence of, or detect results from is materialistic and not supernatural.  It is thus reasonable to assume there is no supernatural at all.

Nor does it show any indication that life has a depth we can't see or sense (as in supernatural attributes), and even if it did it would not lead to the conclusion that there is a purpose to life. 

As none of the other things have depth (again in the sense that there is no supernatural side to them) then we can, fairly safely, assume that life is the same and there is no supernatural side to life, either.

1. OutWest profile image56

Supernatural?  Who said anything about that...I know I didn't.  I just said it seems logical to me that there are things we are still unaware of based on the fact that things like the atom were at one time never known to man and now are.  Of course it is safe to say and logical to assume that there are many more things like that in the physical world.  And life itself would carry this same idea...having a purpose.  It seems like a very logical conclusion to me based on the actual evidence we know.

2. profile image0
        AntonOfTheNorthposted 12 years agoin reply to this

". . .because the purely materialistic view of life is rather depressing. . ."

Interesting.  I've never thought of it as depressing, but that may be perhaps because I don't believe it is that simple, so I am not faced with it as truth.  (ie:  that we all stop at death is potentially depressing only if you believe it).

Hope is not a surety.  If I'm sure, I don't need to hope.  I choose to hope.

cheers

5. profile image0
    gnikposted 12 years ago

Well, I cannot resist.  The question, "Does God Exist" generally communicates the issue that is being raised.  However, atheists are obviously going to say that God does not exist.  Many religious people are going to say that he does.  Neither position has any proof.  Some theologicans who trust in the reality of God will say that God DEFINITELY does not exist.  To ask about the existence of God is to misunderstand the subject.  Existence is a category for physical objects and beings.  Many theologians would say that God is not a person like you or me, nor is he an organic life form, nor is he a physical object.  This is why some theologians would say that God does not exist.

Also, the question is not very specific as to what is meant by "God".  God does exist as a word.  I think that all would agree that marks on paper forming the word "God" does exist.  Of course, if that was what was meant by the question, no one would probably ask it.  It is an extreme point to illustrate the need for some definition or meaning.  So before you can ask the question about God, there needs to be some understanding of what is meant by "God".

We may also need to clarify what one means by "exist"  Are we going to limit existence to organic life forms and physical objects.  Or, on the other extreme, maybe we will include "ideas" as somethings that exist.  Undoubtedly, God exists as an idea, otherwise we probably would not even be discussing it.  How could we even discuss it at all if some idea of God did not exist. 

I think two much more interesting questions are,

1.  Do you ever use the word "God?
    2.  If so, what do you mean by that word?

Bad statement- Reality and God in the same sentence doesn't actually work. lol

2. OutWest profile image56

I liked your first paragraph.

6. profile image0
    wongomowaleposted 12 years ago

Which god are you talking about? There are millions of them.

7. profile image0
    gnikposted 12 years ago

Ah, so Cagsil does use the word "God".  I wonder what he means by it?

Did you not read the sentence I posted? WOW! Talk about foolishness. And, if you didn't understand the statement then that's all you had to say or even ask for clarification.

Reality should NEVER be used in the same sentence with the word "god". It's just completely stupid to do so. By every believer in known existence, their god doesn't exist in reality, due to the point that it's a "spirit" or exists outside of time and space.

It would completely depend on the definition of that particular individual "god".

If they are implying that the god that they are talking about is not the god of religion, then they and I, would be on the same page. It would be known that they are using the word "god" as a description for a higher power. This practice is different than using the description of god of religion.

Meaning, god of religion is a hoax and common sense says that the highest authority in any human being's life is self. To believe in a higher power is fine, but going to the extent to make the claim that the god of religion IS that higher power is gullibility/stupidity.

1. TJenkins602 profile image60
        TJenkins602posted 12 years agoin reply to this

How about this. "God is talked about a lot in reality."

See? God and reality are in not one, but two of my sentences.

I understand what you are saying. I used to believe in a God that a certain major religion teaches (false idol). However, the more I thought about it, the more God changed.

If there was a God I believed in, reality would be it...

Got Dammit I did it again.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I use that word frequently, when I'm pd off or attempting to achieve something that isn't achievable, or when I hear that innocent people or servicemen and women have died in stupid unnecessary wars, some of which have been in the name of god of course.

8. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

Yes , Yes,  Yes ! God exists ........of course he does and why ?  Because I, like all believers , simply have faith in that he exists!  This is for Cagsil.....peace out C man....:-}

roll

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60

Peace to you to man, but as far as I'm aware I'm not excluded from the discussion. You simply have faith that he exists, and that's cool, but others, like myself question, don't accept the simply have faith bit.

3. wilderness profile image93

And I believe in and have faith that the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists.  He is thus as real as your God and you'd better get to worshiping Him before he wraps his spaghetti arms around you and drags you into His great Maw, there to be chewed on for eternity by His pasta teeth and gums.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60

Is this a flying spaghetti monster warning or threat? That's what I'd like to know?

Depending on who you talk to....possibly both. lol

S**t, it's coming at me from all angles. lol lollol

I warn you; He will threaten and punish you.  Sometimes in reverse order.  That's how it works, isn't it? lol

But, when he punishes me, he will not really be punishing me, just my sins, for which he will make me burn in hell for all eternity. But, despite this, I should also remember that both G and the spaghetti monster truely loved me and died for my sins. And for that I should be bloody well grateful and never question. him lol lol

2. TJenkins602 profile image60

What if God is the Spaghetti Monster in reality?

Oh, I did it again!!!

Oh wait, questions don't count, do they?

You believe in my pet Leroy, eh?

1. profile image56
          SanXuaryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You should not ask a question that requires a book to explain. You can not compare evil on Earth and good in Heaven since one is explained by free will. If you murder someone today I can not blame God for it. Only those who seek God can discover his existence in their lives. This is realized by removing the Earthly view that controls our lives. In other-wards  you our not likely to see God unless you our looking for him. I was once twenty miles from town walking with a friend when he boasted if there was a God someone would give us a ride. We had not seen a car for two hours but one stopped about 30 seconds after he said that. I think the message was meant for him and not me.

roll

2. wilderness profile image93

Or maybe the message was for you; to impress you very firmly that the driver had nor free will at all after God decided he was to stop for you any more than anyone else has free will.  God controls everything, after all.

Or maybe it was coincidence.  There is absolutely no way of knowing, and to claim it was a message to show your friend that you were right after all is total arrogance.

9. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Based on my own personal experiences, I have no doubt that a supreme being/creator/God exists.

Hi habee, you and I are so alike!

I am equally sure from my experience that their isn't. smile

10. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

"If there is a God " ,he might begin by making  alot of supposedly intellectual reasoners accountable in more ways than they realize ! But hey , we can do anything and act anyway we wish in life .....because our sins will be forgiven?  Yes......sounds like some one on death row to me.

11. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Jerami wrote:
       That was a one size fits all comment that you just made.

You can always use that one regardless of "IF" you read the post or not. 
    Just see who makes a comment then copy and paste that answer ....  Always!

Thanks for your insight..

====  == 
    Evolution Guy
      No. Please stop lying at me.

Thank you.

=====     ME
      I didn't ask a question ..   SOoo  ...  NO; was an
    inappropriate answer.

1. Messenger_of_god8 profile image59
      Messenger_of_god8posted 12 years agoin reply to this

another reason i know god exists is because god talks to me personally
      i am one with god and when i speak you will hear the words of the lord

on 10/01/2011   my birthday god spoke to me and said son of man because Tyre has said against jerusalem, aha! She is broken .......................

read chapter 26 of EZEKEL to end of EZEKEL  to know exacty what god said to me

when the lord is saying son of man ... he was calling me son of man
      i am the son of man and the lord made me the watchman of israel. the lord actualy told me everything that is written in EZEKELE

and in the bible on the 1lth year and the 1st day of the month

1. recommend1 profile image60
        recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Reading an introduction to psychology would be more useful to you, your condition is very common and with professional help you can still have many good days.

i have proven myself to many people and i know dont feel the need to have to prove myself to someone not worthy of existing ......to lost souls who do not believe in themselves their substance in wich they are made of

OK, now we are all clear.
            Anyone who doesn't believe what you do is not worthy of living.

Gotcha!

Who did your god tell you to kill first?

2. Messenger_of_god8 profile image59

if you want to be included in The Book Of Life you Might Want To Become a Member Of My Book Space http://www.googolplexit.org/mybooks/

1. recommend1 profile image60
            recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Please don't spam the forums with rubbish.

2. profile image0

If you preach to some clubs you can make more money  than yo might be doing in hubpages, and probably more followers!

12. Messenger_of_god8 profile image59
    Messenger_of_god8posted 12 years ago

YES GOD DOES EXIST
    BUT
    WE ARE STILL IN THE NOTHING

WHEN WE THINK OF SOMETHING.  IT IS IN THE MIND.  IT IS INVISIBLE TO ANYONE ELSE.
    JUST IMAGES IN THE NOTHING ....
    WHEN WE CREATE IT.....IT COMES FROM NOTHING BUT NOW IS A THING THAT IS SOMETHING

SOMETHING HAD TO OF THOUGHT OF YOU, CREATED YOU IN MIND, BECAUSE WE ARE STILL IN THE MIND OF GOD AND WE ARE ON THE PATH TO REALITY AND BECOMING WHAT WE ARE ACTUALY GOING TO BE,, THIS WORLD IS JUST AN ILLUSION ... WE ARE MERE IMAGES OF GODS IMAGINATION AND WHEN YOU DIE AND LEAVE THIS EARTH YOU ARE CREATED OR YOU BECOME A BAD MEMORY IN HELL

THIS IS THE NOTHING AND WE ARE ALL GOING TO BE CREATED INTO SOMETHING BY GOD

1. DoubleScorpion profile image78
      DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So part of God's mind is in hell?

2. profile image50

BUT ONLY IN THE MIND OF THE MENTALLY UNBALANCED WHO THINK THAT CAPITAL LETTERS ARE NEEDED IN THE FORUMS BECAUSE THAT MAKES WHAT THEY SAY TRUE. lol

1. TJenkins602 profile image60

LIKE THIS????????

3. Hollie Thomas profile image60

YES GOD DOES EXIST

For all us skeptics, can you provide some evidence please.

/*Nothing "The Simple Thought about nothing makes nothing "a thing that is....."*/
        {
        "reality" nothing imagined;
        "possible" nothing impossible;
        "seen" nothing unseen;
        "visible" nothing invisible;
        "all creation" nothing created;
        "allknowing" nothing knows ;
        "infinit" nothing is forever;
        "Thing" is God. God Knows Everything & Is Everything
        God Is in all and all is in God!
        We are Gods "Thoughts" in the process of manifesting into actual "Things" ... Where Every "Thing" Has No Limits In Space
        Thing God
        God Thing
        life thing
        thing made life
        "Thing"
        is the substance of Everything
        "Existant" "imaginary" Nothing was and is the first thing"
        now nothing is impossible, because the nothing is there and it is real and is something
        Thought "is inside the thing that made nothing something"
        Thing "
        thought of nothing made nothing
        nothing is now something
        nothing is the thought in the beginning and the nothing is in the thing
        nothing = thing
        nothing is the thing
        thing is something
        something is nothing
        and nothing is something
        nothing + something= "Thing"
        Thing Has No Limits
        Thing is The Biggest and the Smallest
        }

The opposite of nothing is a simple thought

but the first thought was nothing

U= - half of nothing  n= - the other half of nothing o= + the whole nothing

we are + -  until +++ we become 

this is everyone +0 -0  until you become +o +o you become +1

nothing=0 the thought of nothing=0 the thought made nothing into something=1

--=+ -soul -body 2 negatives turning into positive only means god is positive you will go to hell and that its real and you never get a new body

-+=- soul+ body-  everyone on earth is here  keep your soul + whe you die your soul should be ++

++=+ When you die and your soul was ++ then god is positive you will recieve a + body that lasts forever

Tell ya what..... how about you go to hell and give us non believers a preview. lol

funny because i went to hell i can tell you what its like and its not fun

god gave me the authority to destroy all the wicked men and non believers

i feel sorry for all non beievers seriously

13. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Wow!That is SOOOO MUCH MORE TRUTHFUL IN CAPITAL!

14. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Watch out for the rush of traffic from the unconverted! lol

15. cathylynn99 profile image77
    cathylynn99posted 12 years ago

only 10% of men with IQ's above 140 believe in God. the smarter you are, the less likely you are to believe.

1. tsmog profile image85

what about women?

My wife always told me women were smarter than men, so I guess there must be more women who don't have a personal invisible fairy. smile

1. tsmog profile image85

Thanks Earnest. Oh, good auto hubs. The interesting thing I have discovered regarding that is IQ seems to go down with age. Something to do with cognitive decline and some weird curve. So, does that mean the older you get the more inclined one is to believe? Hypothetical of course.

Thank you, I love automotive anything. smile
            I have had IQ tests a few times in my life, and I think their is a propensity to lose some cognitive function with age.

My IQ has been steadily increasing, and I put that down to constant learning.

Other than that, I find we lose a lot of things as we get older, including the desire to do stupid things. smile

For example. I no longer feel like rebuilding a motor and trans on the weekend so I can race it to destruction next weekend and keep repeating the cycle. lol

1. tsmog profile image85

Being a Drag Racer of old, I understand. I'm glad I don't turn wrenches for a living anymore either. However I am still in that field - shuffle paper now for corp and make reports on performance etc. Same stuff, different view. I agree on the IQ going up. I have memory function challenges. I got through classes by writing well and where that came from when I returned to school at 40 I have no idea. Reading?

thanks for the reply, now arm yourself - just kidding.

Oh I have been way sillier, I didn't do it for a living, I had mechanics in my businesses to do that.

I did it when I didn't need to! All my life from when I was a little kid.
                I worked on a car yesterday, my almost vintage Honda.

After spending so much time in the industry, I prefer to do some things myself.

Women are smarter, but God is Male. (according to the religious) There must be some kind of...um...longing going on.

You know, I think that is a valid point. smile

2. earnestshub profile image80

I haven't seen that stat, but I don't doubt it for a minute.

I watched pint sized preachers last night, and there were IQ's amongst that lot that was lower than their shoe size.

16. manthy profile image60
    manthyposted 12 years ago

Yes he exists

Really? lol

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Really!

Conjecture. Anything else? lol

1. Druid Dude profile image60
            Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He exists...he just doesn't get out much anymore. Addicted to the internet.

The Dude is back!!

17. aware profile image68
    awareposted 12 years ago

hope it dose . pray it doesn't.

18. Messenger_of_god8 profile image59
    Messenger_of_god8posted 12 years ago

Mind is The Only Matter

1. Randy Godwin profile image61
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you sure?  Matter may exist only in the mind instead.

19. aware profile image68
    awareposted 12 years ago

yes or no . the why is a means   to  poke at the answers   someone gives.

20. Mikel G Roberts profile image73
    Mikel G Robertsposted 12 years ago

Does God exist?

Yes.

Proof>>>> http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/67947#top

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080202231409/uncyclopedia/images/1/11/Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image73
        Mikel G Robertsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

<grinning>

DISPROVE the dead horse...

or admit it isn't a dead horse at all...but instead is an inconvient TRUTH you wish was a dead horse.

21. LucidDreams profile image65
    LucidDreamsposted 12 years ago

He writes here on Hubpages. Those who know his word and have faith, will find him with their eyes closed.

A quick clue....his score is still recovering because he does not comment much and got hit hard by the "panda update".

22. profile image0
    DiamondGirl27posted 12 years ago

Yes!  He lives in each of us.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)