The Rapture

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (143 posts)
  1. profile image52
    Romans814posted 12 years ago

Will you be part of the 'Rapture'; or will you be left behind???

1. A Troubled Man profile image57
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I will be left behind. Does that help?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
        MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Awwww...  I'll leave a casserole in the oven for you TM.

You're the best! smile

2. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To be honest I'll probably going to be left behind as I'm not prepared to wait in line with the other 6 billion people hoping to be raptured!

3. DoubleScorpion profile image77
      DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have a feeling, there is going to be alot of "surprised/disappointed" people when death comes calling.

4. amymarie_5 profile image66
      amymarie_5posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Left behind, but I'll be throwing an after-rapture party at my place.  Everyone else who is left behind is invited.  smile

5. profile image52
      Romans814posted 12 years agoin reply to this

@ A Troubled Man…@amymarie_5…@SimeyC

‘Pride before the fall’ is an idiom taken from the Bible.  Proverbs 16:18 says:  Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall.  (NKJV)

It means that the next step after being all puffed up with arrogance could be falling flat on your face.   

It means too much arrogance and self pride are sure to bring bad and disappointing results.

It means to be so prideful to think; that nobody can tell you what to do or think.  And, to believe that you’re the god of your life.

For 6,000 years; Satan has been tempting mankind with three things:   Lust of the Flesh, Lust of the Eyes, and Pride of Life.  And, he is toying with your life with the ‘Pride of Life.’

God has raised me to speak to Truth in Love and the share the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ. Don’t reject Christ Jesus; accept Him as your Lord and Savior.
      God loves you, and he has an awesome plan for your life; don’t miss out and be ‘left behind.’

lol Yeah, we can see the puffed up arrogance, thanks.

2. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

After a rant like that you have the unmitigated gaul to call someone arrogant?

lol

You must have a hide like a rhino! :LOL:

6. shop online fast profile image59
      shop online fastposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Will you be part of the 'Rapture'; or will you be left behind???

good question!

the truth is, no one really knows, at least from a carnal perspective.

however, from a spiritual outlook, if you do not believe that you'll a part of the rapture, then guess what?  you won't be a part of it

to be a part of God's kingdom, it's important that you believe so

check this out, if you are the most ethical person in the world, and you don't believe, then you will NOT be a part of the rapture

essentially, BELIEF is the key

LOL! If you believe and you're a serial rapist, you'll be part of the rapture.

Your logic, not mine. lol

In other words, belief precludes all morals and ethics. lol

7. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Does whether I go or get left behind have any bearing whatsoever on whether you go or get left behind?  Seems a moot point then, I think.

Just sayin'.

8. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Since I am saved by my "Faith" in God and Christ Jesus, if I am still alive on the date of the "Rapture" I will be one of those joining Jesus in the heavens for certain.

9. Bucks here profile image61
      Bucks hereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The guys who dont believe in the "Rapture" obviously dont know what it is.......But I bet they will describe, what someone else said........coolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcoolcool

10. nightwork4 profile image61
      nightwork4posted 12 years agoin reply to this

the raptures such at basketball so i never watch them. thanks for asking.

2. Agnes Penn profile image60
    Agnes Pennposted 12 years ago

Where's everybody going? 
    When the rapture comes the Bible says two will be working in the field and one will be taken and the other left behind, but it doesn't say where the one taken is going!

3. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

With the advent of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad- the Promised Messiah, rapture has already started.

There is no blood shed in the rapture; it is with peaceful dialogue and with rational and brilliant arguments that convince one.

4. GinaCPocan profile image61
    GinaCPocanposted 12 years ago

Well, I look at it like this. Putting all my faith in Christ aside for a moment, and lets say I agreed with some of you who don't believe anything happens at all after we leave this world and just land into nothingness, I won't be disappointed then, because I won't know anything anymore, so there won't be anything to be disappointed about.
    And some of you argue the evolution of religion, and world faiths. Well, my thing is this. When evaluating world faiths, I come to realize the common factors in them, they all believe in life after death in some facet or another.
    Now taking all that into consideration, convinces me that there is something to this.
    I go by this: If one person tells you, that you have a tail, IGNORE IT. If two people tell you, you have a tail, CONSIDER IT. If three people tell you you have a tail, you better turn around and CHECK YOUR BEHIND.
    So many people, with so many different faiths, have one thing in common; that there is life beyond this dimension.
    If what I have believed in for years proves false, then so be it. I will know then. If I have the wrong bible, then he will be compassionate enough to inform me then.
    I have seen evidence my faith is correct. The details may or may not be. He will tell me when he wants me to know.
    Even if there is in fact more then one God, I will be told. But so far, I haven't seen evidence in that.
    All I know is I read the King James Version of the Bible, and when I pray, things happen. Whatever I do, things come to full circle, bad or good.

So, do you have a tail or are those claims by other people untrue? Are you that gullible to check your behind? lol

And, if you find out the whole thing is just a farce, will you not be upset for having wasted your entire life believing and living lies?

Such as?

In other words, the results are indistinguishable from coincidence and chance. lol

1. GinaCPocan profile image61
        GinaCPocanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"So, do you have a tail or are those claims by other people untrue? Are you that gullible to check your behind? lol"

Are you that gullible NOT to check your behind,

If there is nothing after life then I won't know what to be upset about, nor will the thought cross my dead mind, So, it doesn't concern me.
        I don't feel I have wasted any time believing what I know is true.
        BTW, for you to say that I will be upset to find out that I have believed lies tells me that somewhere in there you believe something as well, because why would you even raise that question?

"In other words, the results are indistinguishable from coincidence and chance. lol"

WOW I am so glad I don't look at life and death the way you do.

Look over there!!! It's an alien!!!  Haha, made you look.

It would if you knew it was bunkum.

But, if you found it wasn't true, would you care you wasted your life believing and living lies?

The question has nothing to do with me. I'm not the one who believes in any one of the many, many religious claims of an afterlife.

In other words, you really, really, really want to believe in an afterlife, a specific version from one of the many versions of an afterlife, nonetheless, and nothing is ever going to change your beleif. Yeah, I get that.

Are you sure you even got the correct version? lol

It doesn't even matter if I have the correct one or not, I know I do. I'm sorry you don't. I wish no ill will to you sir. I am truly sorry you have absolutely nothing to look forward to.
            The version doesn't matter anyway, because if by chance I have it wrong, but I know I don't, I will find out later. God (or whatever Supreme Being(s)) will hold accountable the ones who twisted and distorted the Word. He isn't going to blame to learner.  he will blame the Crafter.
            And to answer you question if I would care if i wasted my life believing, the answer is NO. At leased I developed a good character from it.
            But, anyway I don't dwell on such things, because God and Jesus have proven themselves to me a long time ago. Even when I did turn Atheist, and a Satanist. He showed himself in a wonderful way that brought me back to him.
            I an so sorry you can not see him. I hope one day you do.
            Oh and BTW, if there are aliens, and there probably are, he created them too.

2. seamist profile image60
      seamistposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@ Gina

Good points, Gina!

5. profile image52

@Agnes Penn, you said, “…but it doesn't say where the one taken is going.”  1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 says:  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.  Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. (NKJV)

Those who are dead; and those who alive in Christ (the Church; the Body of Christ; the Bride of Christ) will be ‘caught up (means rapture) to be with the Lord in Heaven.

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And thus your argument above proves that nobody goes to heaven when they die; they sleep in their graves until the resurrection.

6. profile image52

@Trouble Man, yeah, you like to get smart and mouth-off at people.  But, when you're called out; you can't deal with.

LOL!

Call me out then. lol

7. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

If  the rapture hasn't happened yet?  According to scripture; life on earth will continue for another 1000 years and a season.
        That would be a shame if mankind continued on at the same rate as it has come in just the last hundred years. 

Can you imagine how crowded it is going to get on this itty bitty planet.
       And if things keep getting worse, like it has been at the same rate, how bad it will become?

That makes me like the idea that the rapture has already happened even more.

Once again, God fails.

"Go forth and multiply."

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That shows how earet you are to insult.

Cain't you tell that I was debating with believers ........ of which I am one.

2. Jerami profile image59

NO    Death is the presure release valve which sustains balance and harmony with nature.

Eleminate the death aspect and nature looses balance and harmony.
        If no one ever dies and we keep making babies, pretty soon there won't  be any standing room left anywhere.

Ah, I see now. So, this statement was just a lot of hot air seeping out somewhere?

2. profile image52
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, with the advent of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad- the Promised Messiah, the rapture has already taken place; it is peaceful and it is to win the hearts with dialogue and good deeds.

Well?   That is good for me to hear.  Glad you are happy with that!

I'd have to argue though.;?

I think; if anything in the bible is true at all? ... It happened in 138 AD.   "AND"  Jesus loves the little children,Cause the bible tells me SO!

1. profile image52

Welcome to argue.

and back at Cha.

You are just reading from a different message to a different people.

My Book tells me that we/you/me? have been fooled and now we gotta figure out the rest of it by ourselves?????   And it's hiding right there in plain sight!

And we either find it or we don't.

I like to think that when we find it,  we get buffed and polished up a little bit before we stand beore the Lord!

Naaa    ....   Maybe ?    Not?

2. aka-dj profile image66
        aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yet another post about Christian doctrine, showing your total ignorance of it.
        The OP was referring to the Biblical event, NOT the Muslim one. sad

1. profile image52

I was talking of the reality; not of the manipulated Bible versions.

8. WD Curry 111 profile image58
    WD Curry 111posted 12 years ago

I won't be a part of what you call the raapture. I will be a witness of the "Great and Gloriuos Day of the Lord!"

Of course . . . it will be tough to make it through the tribulation, but somehow, I will.
    It will be worth it to see the Lamb slay the Dragon. Very good question,by the way.

9. shop online fast profile image59
    shop online fastposted 12 years ago

hi GinaCPocan

how are you?

how comes you don't believe in life after this life?  (just a question)

Excuse me? Where did I say I didn't?

10. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Here is some data that may be of use Jerami.

http://www.remnantofgod.org/rapt2.htm#Jesus4told

Nice article
        It may be just me; but I just don't get it as to why believers insist that everything which was said in that article, that Jesus said, is pertaining to some unknown time in the future. 

Many times when Jesus is having a PRIVATE conversation with someone concerning things that will happen to that person, preachers teach that those things are prophesied for everyone or all times.
         Sometimes this is true and sometimes it isn't.

Matt.24.22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

What is this talking about?    In my humble opinion ......
      This is referring to the season that those which were seen under the alter (Rev. 6:11) and were told that they should wait yet a little season.

According to that math equation that I keep spouting off about, comparing prophetic time with time as we perceive it,  a season would be approx 119 years.

If the first five seals were opened after Christ was crucified and rose up to be with the Father.
         This season began around 30 AD. which would end around 149 AD.
         These days were cut short when Hadrian scattered the power of the Holy people through out the rest of the Roman Empire.
         And he died in 138 AD thus bringing in those events described in Daniel 11:45 thru 12:7.

People really should see all verses of prophesy in a chronological order, then it might make sense of them.

I'm with you Jerami on Messiah's prophecy that He was talking about the demise of Israel only and not some future tribulation events that the Church gets all hysterical about.

HA Disappearinghead;

Been a while sinse we have looked each other in the eys.  Good to see YA.

There are hundreds of indicators in the very scripture they quote so nicely, but the message of that verse just doesn't sink into their minds.

Almost like a magic trick, here it is, now it is gone.

Good to see you again Jerami.

How you doing?

How am I doing?  I wish it was a lot better (don't we all)  But I still consider myself Blessed.

I can think of hundreds of other places and circumstances that I would rather NOT be more than where I am.

Thanks for asking.
              Hope your situation is getting brighter every day.

2. Jerami profile image59

AND! ...  concerning the rapture and 2nd coming? 

They are little more than the last sentance of the story.

Like two flees on a dog.  They go where the dog goes.

11. profile image52

TO ALL CONCERN:

There’re two groups of non-Christians; those who seek Truth; and those who seek darkness.   The seekers of Truth; seek to know the Truth and wants to know God (The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit).  And, they can find God in His beloved Son Christ Jesus.  Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.  (John 14:6, NKJV)

The Bible says:

God our Savior; who will have all men to be saved.  (1 Timothy 2:3-4)

The Lord is ... not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. (2 Peter 3:9)

In accordance with these verses, it’s pretty clear that God is compassionate, and He wants to redeem the unrighteous from hell.  God doesn’t want anyone to go to hell.

Then, there’re the seekers of darkness; who avoid God through distractions; while accepting deception from the father of all lies (Satan).
                                                                                                                                                                      The Bible says:

And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 13:49-50)

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:15)

In accordance with these verses, it’s clear that God is Just, and He will judge and sentence those to hell, that are unrighteousness (sin).  If you choose Hell; He will allow you to go.

Although, God created Man in His image and likeness; He also created Man with a solvent (free) will to choose.   Eternal (Everlasting) Life or Eternal Damnation, you choose!!!

Nope, not concerned with the threat itself, but very concerned of the people who utter them. lol

2. amymarie_5 profile image66

What you preach is pure mythology and no different than the myths of the ancient Egyptians, romans, Greeks and so on. The threats of hell and damnation from your sacred and misogynist book is getting really old.

These threats of hell and damnation don't appear in Judaism and therefore very unlikely in the apostolic Church. They were introduced later by the Catholic Church by assimilation if Greek/Roman pagan beliefs. The Church then set about on a programme to skew biblical interpretation to support their new found paganism. Unfortunately this has been going on for so many centuries that the Church believes they are God's own ideas.

HA,  I couldn't have said that any better myself.

Do Ya mind if I use that?

You said   Unfortunately this has been going on for so many centuries that the Church believes they are God's own ideas.

And I say ....   More than anyone can imagine  !!!!!

12. profile image52

TO ALL OF THE BOUND:

In this world; negative strongholds has bound the minds of many people (those children of Satan).  They're bound with the spirits of pride, arrogance, selfishness, stubbonness, rebellion, witchcraft, and disobedience.  The sad thing about it; these foolish people are bound; and they don't even know that they're bound.

O you foolish ones; Satan has deceive you.  But, there's 'Liberty is in Jesus Christ!!!

1. earnestshub profile image80

Speaking of foolishness. lol
      So believing in invisible myths is going to make everyone else as great as you are?
      I'll pass thanks! lol

2. amymarie_5 profile image66

Pagans don't believe in satan. Your warped religion invented Satan to scare non Christians into following Christianity. You do not know the history of your own religion. The ignorance in the religious community is quite frightening. I suggest you put your bible down and read a history book. I'm talking to you Romans814!

1. profile image52

There is no requirement of having knowledge for being non-religious either; an ignorant person could be irreligious or religious.

1. amymarie_5 profile image66

You are missing the point. If you are going to base all your ideas on an ancient book without knowing the history of that book or the history if the religion you follow, that is ignorance.

1. profile image52

If the book consists of Word revealed in the pristine form on a messenger prophet by the Creator God and it is correctly understood then it consists of concentrated kowledge.

Like I said, ignorance.

3. recommend1 profile image60
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Go see a good doctor, Brothery can probably recommend one, the doc will give you some pills and take the plastic crusader costume off for you.  I expect you will still even be able to lead a normal life most of the time.

13. profile image52

Today, could be a day of change for you.  Don’t miss the opportunity to get it right in your life.

14. profile image52

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

15. profile image52

If you decided to repent of your sins and receive Christ today, welcome to God's family.

Sin.
      A religious judgement of others enforced by a megalomaniac spouting the words of a bunch of old psychotic goat herders.

16. profile image52

@earnestshub, 'Get thee hence, Be gone, Satan'

Romans, go stick your advice where the son don't shine, you are as ignorant of your religion as you are of life.
      Find a new act. Accusing people of having a different part of the fairy won't cut it.

Morally you can't compete.

Here is the sort of abusive crap that is born of religion.
      This person in other circumstances outside religion would be certifiably insane.
      How come religionists are exempt.
      I would like to see loons like this in jail... safer for everyone really.

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Earnest.. tell the truth... ARE you Satan?

They share the same facial hair and ruddy complexion.

2. GinaCPocan profile image61

Satan isn't one single entity, sorry to inform you. It's a conglomerate of entities.

so it's earnesthub plus whom else?

Humans aren't Satan at all, sir. they never could be. They can be influences by demons or angles and the like. Lucifer the fallen Angel is untouchable for us, and he won't bother us personally. Earnest is small potatoes though. He has grunts for that. BTW, Lucifer isn't the Devil either. The Devil is someone else. NVM, that's too much for you all at once.

OK I'll come clean. Never overlook the animal kingdom.

I get a lot of help from Eric the ecclectus parrot. It is official.

Eric is the worst bird on the planet.
              http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae172/earnestster/Eric_the_ecclectic_parrot_says.jpg

3. Acheolis profile image59
      Acheolisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

17 months and no hubs? Looks like someone has nothing better to do than to poke people in forums .

I call them Social Pyro's. They get chills and thrills out of starting social fires, and then like to keep fueling the flames.

17. profile image52

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

18. profile image52

REPENT, for the Kingdom of God is at hand.

Roman, I'd have no problem debating with you if you would only stop using threats of hell against people who don't share your beliefs. Furthermore I looked at your profile a moment ago. You do realize hubpages is a community of writers don't you? You are not here to write, you're here to flood the forums with your preaching. You are a troll.

1. profile image52
        Romans814posted 12 years agoin reply to this

@anmarie_5, I stand corrected.  This will be my last comment on HubPages.  Be Blessed!!!

amy, where is his threat of Hell,  must be missing something. I see a simple prayer, and a statement. Hell wasn't mentioned in either one. He is simply stating to be sorry for the things you or anyone else has done, and reminding us that the Lord is going to return soon.  I didn't see one word here that he is threatening hell on anyone.

2. nightwork4 profile image61

what would religion have left if all the fear tactics were removed and life after death was never mentioned? i'll answer that myself, 1 follower if it was lucky.

19. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

Peaceful rapture has already started with the advent of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad- the Promised Messiah. Jesus had died  at the age of 120 years in Kashmir, India, so, Jesus is not going to come again physically; it will be wrong to wait for Jesus.

1. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know where you get your misguided information from but Jesus lives. God can never die.

1. profile image52
        1. aka-dj profile image66

Nobody cares!

If Jesus die in India, All of scripture is a lie.
          This is what you want us to believe, but YOU are the one who is wrong about the Bible, it's teaching and Jesus.

If you want to spread Islam, that's your business, but STOP telling lieas about the Christian faith

I find it tiresome, and (more than) a little offensive.!!!

1. profile image52

Jesus never told that whatever the sinful scribes would write about him whould be truthful; why should one believe in them?

speak for yourself aka dj

1. aka-dj profile image66

What are you saying?

Do you believe Jesus didn't die on the cross,
              but instead snuck off to India to teach the Guru's?

Is your salvation by works, and not by faith in Christ?

Paar is Muslim, and has no business teaching the Bible.
              Let him teach/preach Islam, I don't mind. that's his business.

1. profile image52

Bible does not exist in the original language it was supposed to be; and it has been translated in many languages; one can read it and tell others where they are wrong.

Paar? 

I thought you were a Presbyterian?

1. profile image52

Reason?

2. profile image0
                  Virgil Newsomeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

פשׁטתי את־כתנתי איככה אלבשׁנה רחצתי את־רגלי איככה אטנפם׃

Can you translate that for us paar?

1. profile image52

Did I say that I can?

2. nightwork4 profile image61

lmao. india? wow he left behind one of the most corrupt, ignorant countries on the planet.maybe his committed suicide to get the heck our.india is the basis for what's wrong with this planet bud. as soon as you mentioned india i realized that you have no idea about what you talking about and debating with you would be as useful as eating a sandwhich while scuba diving.

1. profile image52

In stead of rejecting without a research; you should have read the links I gave and then discussed the things.

Obviously, you didn't read those links yourself, if you did, you'd have found that they actually DO NOT claim what you are claiming. You did no research.

2. profile image52

smile

The Bible never said the rapture would be peaceful.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
        Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CUzpYLyvX8

*oops. My link didn't come through the first time. Here it is!*
        It's gonna be raptu-licious!!!
        Can't hardly wait!!

2. Greek One profile image63

Actually, the Bible never mentions the word 'rapture'.

In fact, there are over 750 000 words in the the Old and New Testaments, and not ONE time is 'rapture' mentioned.

The term "dates from about 1830 and was largely the creation of John Nelson Darby, a one-time Anglican priest and founder of a sect called the Plymouth Brethren.  He contributed much to the dispensationalist scheme, and in particular he was the first to include the Rapture among the catalogue of phenomena of the last times....   Neither the Apostles nor the Fathers expounded any such teachings...  Even Darby’s circle, although they claimed to find support for their teaching in the Bible, did not maintain that they had arrived at this doctrine through study of the Scriptures, but that they had received it through a revelation.  According to its supporters the pre-Tribulation Rapture is an extremely important part of the Christian message.  Yet it was unknown before 1830.

The amazing thing about the Church is that so many of its teachings and doctrines, unknown to the apostles, have been around so long that the Church thinks they came from God Himself. Just a little digging is all it takes, but the Church would rather hold on to hysteria.

Churches like that are mentioned in the bible in Revelations. Not all Christian Churches are created equal.
            The type your speaking of don't even study the bible, instead create their own bibles.
            Most Catholics are really lost. Most of the things they do is sacreligious.

- The Christian tithe
              - The immortal human spirit
              - Ascending to Heaven immediately following death
              - Descending to hell immediately following death.
              - The Trinity
              - Original sin
              - Lucifer
              - A talking snake is Satan
              - The rapture
              - 7 years of tribulation
              All these are believed by the mainstream evangelical churches. All of these beliefs were unknown by the apostolic church. All of these were invented by the church after the 2nd century. All therefore manmade.

2. Mighty Mom profile image78
              Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm telling Pope Benedict on you!tongue

Geek, there's just some things people aren't ready to hear.

3. profile image52

Bible took it wrong as it is written by faulty scribes; not by Jesus.

Mirza Ghulam Ahmad- the Promised Messiah says, it is peaceful. The present era is of convincing the human beings heart and soul with rational and brilliant arguments; and he is one doing it.

20. Acheolis profile image59
    Acheolisposted 12 years ago

Well, I never killed anyone so hopefully the good lord will see that i'm  a good person and will not let me burn in hell simply because I took a certain path. If I do get left behind, maybe he isn't so forgiving after all .wink

I agree with you.  I really doubt the existence of God but a big part of me wants to be wrong. One thing I am quite sure of is that a higher power would not let me suffer in the afterlife because I know I'm a good person and would never hurt someone.  It seems preposterous to me that an all loving God would send good people to hell for not believing but murderers to heaven just because they believe.

1. ComfortB profile image86
        ComfortBposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God is all loving, but He is also a God of judgement.

If you have two sons,

one is a philanthropist, gentle, kind, wouldn't hurt a soul, but rejects you as his parent and outrightly disobeys, scorns you and slights you.

The other son, not so gentle, kind, sometime falters and errs, but loves you as his parent, obeys you, acknowledges and honors you, and, he's never too proud  to admit his wrongs or weaknesses, or to say to you "I'm sorry" when he offends you.

Which one of these two sons would you leave your fortune to?

God is loving, slow to anger and plentious in mercy.

He loves you too amymarie_5!   JESUS LOVES YOU!

Ponder this for a moment. JESUS LOVES YOU!

1. Acheolis profile image59

What about for people like me, who don't have a specific religion? If they were my sons,Id leave my fortune to the one who disobeyed/did not agree with me. A good heart is more important to me than what that person of a good heart may believe. Why is it more important to  believe , than it is to do good and follow a wrong faith? Another question I have , seeings how you seem to know a good bit about this. smile. After talking about this , it got me to thinking about the 'pearly gates'. It says that only certain Christians believe that the gates exist. Why wouldn't all the Christians believe they exist?

"It says that only certain Christians believe that the gates exist. Why wouldn't all the Christians believe they exist?"

What is the 'it'?

If you meant that you've heard that only certain christians believe the pearly gate exists, then I have news for you, not everyone that claim to be a christian believe everything in the Bible, which is sad in itself. But I'll tell you this, to say one is a christian is to say one is a follower of Christ, and to say one is a follower of Christ is a declaration that one believe His Word, that is, The Bible, and that His Word (the Bible), is the final authority on all things spiritual and things that pertains to out physical existence.

Unfortunately some so called christians only want to pick and choose. They teach that which is easy on the ear to get the crowd, and also so as not to offend anyone.

Knowing and embracing God as ones savior and Lord is a personal walk (relationship). If your seeking Him is to know Him, then definitely He'll reveal more and more of Himself to you, including things that the ordinary(canal) mind cannot comprehend, such as, the pearly gates.

And, to go back to the question I asked, I doubt that you'll leave your fortune to the son who did not 'acknowledge' you as a parent.

Acheolis, this is not about religion. Religion is just a word we give to a sect or group of people who believe in someone or something. This is about aknowledging our Maker, The Maker of the heavens and the earth.

It all depends on whats in your heart.

3. ComfortB profile image86

@Acheolis - Well, I never killed anyone so hopefully the good lord will see that i'm  a good person and will not let me burn in hell simply because I took a certain path. If I do get left behind, maybe he isn't so forgiving after all .

There is none righteous, no not one (Romans 3:10). I/You were shapen(born) in iniquity, In sin did my mother conceive me...(Psalm 51:5). All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)

Make no mistake, God is forgiving. But you have to do the 'repenting', not the 'hoping', but a true repentance(turning away from your sins) with a willingness to turn completely to God and live for Him.

Amen Comfort

2. Acheolis profile image59

I'll without a doubt repent when and if that time comes. Until then i'll just continue to assume the bible is highly misinterpreted.

@Acheolis - Let me put it this way. You may not have the opportunity to repent 'when that time comes'. Consider this God's plea to you. He does not wish that anyone will perish, but that all will come to repentance.

"'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me." Rev.3:20.

As the bible puts it, No one know the time or the hour. TODAY, is the day of your salvation.

1. nightwork4 profile image61

my whole debate about all this is that god is suppose to be all-knowing. so if this is true, then it's already decided who goes where so how the heck will repenting make a difference. he knows if your going to already according to religious people so telling someone they should is nothing short of absurd.

21. GinaCPocan profile image61
    GinaCPocanposted 12 years ago

This is simply because you don't understand what the bible is saying and you don't know God. You think the way a human thinks. God and those with him don't think the way we do, nor are their priorities the same. If you were in the other side, death wouldn't be such a big deal to you. It would just be another stage of life. God allows bad things to happen because he doesn't wasn't to interfere. he isn't a dictator. He gave us free will from the very beginning, and Eve decided she wanted to would eat from the tree of knowledge. That was her choice. Just because God was ok with the fact that she made her own choice doesn't mean he has to like it. There was a consequence as there are consequences for everything we do. God doesn't wasn't to see you suffer, but suffrage is because of man and the idiotic things he does. We have diseases, and conditions due to man's  lack of responsibility.
    Diabetes due to man's hunger for money; he adds things he shouldn't to food products, lung issues due to the poisons man had chosen to put in the air, alcoholism because of the addictive things the put in it, and the list goes on.
    Jesus never promised us a rose garden here on Earth. He said point blank it will be hard. There are other things people don't understand about God, but the information is really too heavy for the general population. because they don't understand will send them into offensive mode. Most people don't even understand what Hell is.
    Why shouldn't he turn away non-believers anyway. Your going to his house in Heaven. Would you let in a someone you couldn't trust in your house. God reads hearts not actions. Most people act on thought, not what truly in their hearts. So, if a murderer has evil in his heart at the time her murdered, but later truly repents, and is sorry for what he has done, and only God would know if he or she has or not, why shouldn't he or she be given forgiveness. the one he has murdered is safe in heaven with God, so its not like he ceases to exist. In God's world he can't hurt anyone. At the same time, he will still have to answer for what he has done. He won't get off scott free.
    The things we hold as bad, aren't the same as God. Humans rank crime, or sin. God does not. Sin is sin is sin is sin, they are all equal to him. If you still don't understand, you may contact me and we can discuss this further.

22. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

I've been a huge fan of the Raptors since day one!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRc0Ia5IYNokQk7Yd7wc-mNd7VnjL_dQFB71kVyNpPEXkRUvYNuJhkt906t

Tisk Tisk. Sorry for you.

Bulls fan, eh?

Nope, my father was.

23. Acheolis profile image59
    Acheolisposted 12 years ago

It being wiki. I looked it up on that site to read more about it. You definitely cleared some things up for me, thank you. There is so much for me to learn , the questions are endless.

24. profile image0
    lavender3957posted 12 years ago

I think I would be the one left behind. I am a strong believer in God but still think I would not be the one to be in the rapture. Would be nice though.

25. Midnight Oil profile image81
    Midnight Oilposted 12 years ago

Me, I would be one left to turn all the lights out....!!

26. davidkaluge profile image57
    davidkalugeposted 12 years ago

The whole thing is that some people use their believe to threaten others. I wonder why God did not make all these so simple so that those that died can come back and speak to the living or he openly speak for all to hear just as it was recorded that he said, "This is my beloved son..." (Though it seems those the were around did not hear the voice for if they did they would have been the first to follow Jesus). People say things as if they are certain while its only a believe.which sect will be raptured?

1. profile image0
      Virgil Newsomeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The ones who will be raptured are the ones who believe in Jesus and follow after Him.  You cannot know God if you do not know His son.  That is pretty simple if you ask me.

You also have the parable of the rich man.  He asked Abraham to allow Lazarus to go back and tell his brothers not to come to that dreadful place he was in.  Abraham replied, "Though someone came back from the dead, they will not believe."  Jesus came back from the dead Himself and they still do not believe.

1. autumn18 profile image58
        autumn18posted 12 years agoin reply to this

"You cannot know God if you do not know His son.  That is pretty simple if you ask me."

I know a few people pretty well but I don't know anything about their son/daughter.

2. Disappearinghead profile image60

God never actually had a son, it is a term He gave us to help us understand the concept that God the Father Himself came into the Earth manifest in the flesh, whilst simultaneously remaining in Heaven.

Isaiah 9:6
        For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

That tells us in black and white that Yahshua aka Jesus, was actually God Himself.

Deuteronomy 6:4
        Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

There is no trinity.

As for the Rich Man and Lazarus parable, it portrays the fact that the position of the Pharisees and ruling religious elite we going to be usurped by gentile believers.

27. profile image52
    passingthewordposted 12 years ago

No such thing as a rapture. Read the parable of the tares Matthew 13:24-30
    This means at the end, after the anti christ after the battles. all will be judge at the sametime. one group,the tares (Those that have not excepted Jesus) will be thrown in hell. And another group, the wheat (will go and be with God)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)